April 26, 2024, 03:55:06 AM

Author Topic: Gramoxone Big Seller Despite European Ban  (Read 4682 times)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Gramoxone Big Seller Despite European Ban
« on: July 16, 2007, 03:44:05 AM »
Trinidad Express Newspaper
Ariti Jankie South Bureau
Monday, July 16th 2007

The number of suicides caused by consuming Gramoxone over the years stands out among the paraquat-based weedicide used for this unfortunate purpose on the Trinidad market.

Used by farmers to destroy grass and weeds from their fields, Gramoxone, when consumed by people whether intentionally or accidentally, causes almost instantaneous death.

Last week, Europe placed a ban on paraquat, the main ingredient in Gramoxone, which, it was said, resulted in a number of ailments.

Up to late last week, however, there was no word on the fate of paraquat in Trinidad.

It was noted though that many farmers depended on several paraquat-based weedicides to keep their fields clear of grass.

Agronomist Dave Seebaransingh said that Gramoxone was the most popular of the paraquet-based chemicals sold in Trinidad

"Grass is killed instantly when sprayed with Gramoxone," he said, explaining that farmers use the chemical mixed with water to spray their fields.

Seebaransingh said that Gramoxone killed plants instantly and was therefore used carefully by farmers so as to avoid destroying crops.

"Gramoxone is a restricted use chemical," he said, adding that there were more toxic chemicals on the market such as "lannate", sprayed on vegetables and food crops to kill insects.

Seebaransingh said that farmers chose paraquat-based weedicide because it was most effective.

Another product known locally as "roundup", which is free of paraquat, requires hours of sunshine before being sprayed on the grass. After spraying, it takes up to eight days for the grass to die, he said.

A 2.50 ml of Gramoxone cost $15 and can effectively kill grass on a 500 square feet area. The small bottle is used by householders to spray backyard gardens.

The products are sold by Neal and Massy Marketing and Distribution Agricultural department.

Managing Director of Caribbean Chemicals, Joe Pires, said that Gramoxone was the number one selling paraquat in the world.

"Gramoxone is an established brand name and it has been used locally for more than 30 years," he said.

Pires said that it was a class one product in the Toxic Chemical Act and farmers must be trained to use it.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Gramoxone Big Seller Despite European Ban
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 03:44:36 AM »
ah didn't know it was so cheap... :-\

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 04:38:19 AM »
I did have ah Gramophone at one time also
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 05:15:22 AM »
Indian tonic.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:23:58 AM »
Bring it juice oui, ah go take one with ah  coke very cold to them blasted wicked people .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »
i hear they protesting this in barrackpore.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »
Rat and Andre why allyuh so....
After Dr Ohu dead from Sando hospital (he was dey man dat useta save we mudda ass when we take ah drink) we stop drinking dat, cause reality is, we know we NOT coming back.

we henging now

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »
I knew ah fella take dat...live fuh bout 2 days.  dat is ah sure meet-de-maker drink.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »
I knew ah fella take dat...live fuh bout 2 days.  dat is ah sure meet-de-maker drink.

but datz dey reason why ah lef meh first boyfriend girl...ah didn't tell ya dat story ???

well hear dey run down in summary...

me and he had big falling out, infact ah was moving furniture in dat house dat day.
dey redness come out fur he east indian ass.  man telling me he find ah too independent and how he does feel ah how when ah hengin with meh frien and dem. doh mind meh frien and dem is ah seta man.  now how i see it is, if ya introduce ya self to meh wid all meh "man" frien henging rong meh and ah say ah like ya....dat doh mean meh "men" frien and dem ain't have nothing on you ??? common sense nah..

so anyways furniture moving and he stand up in ah corner..lookin dottish.  ah steups and ah walk out dey house. something tell meh go in dey back ah he house and rise up some galvanise he had dere. girl, ah bottle ah green stare meh down.

now on ah normal day, dat won't be no problem cause ya using dat tur kill dey bush and weed up in ya yard right ? NO, dat nasty son of ah mudda neckin scab whole back yard and front yard is conrete. not one green leaf no where in dat yard.

so why he had dat dere fur ? is not to put in meh pelau ?

steups, girl ah dust it yes...never look back.  but ah did love he eh. ..ah did love he...

anyway, ah hear he come out ah St Anns wha month it was.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 04:56:13 PM »

but datz dey reason why ah lef meh first boyfriend girl...ah didn't tell ya dat story ???

well hear dey run down in summary...

me and he had big falling out, infact ah was moving furniture in dat house dat day.
dey redness come out fur he east indian ass.  man telling me he find ah too independent and how he does feel ah how when ah hengin with meh frien and dem. doh mind meh frien and dem is ah seta man.  now how i see it is, if ya introduce ya self to meh wid all meh "man" frien henging rong meh and ah say ah like ya....dat doh mean meh "men" frien and dem ain't have nothing on you ??? common sense nah..

so anyways furniture moving and he stand up in ah corner..lookin dottish.  ah steups and ah walk out dey house. something tell meh go in dey back ah he house and rise up some galvanise he had dere. girl, ah bottle ah green stare meh down.

now on ah normal day, dat won't be no problem cause ya using dat tur kill dey bush and weed up in ya yard right ? NO, dat nasty son of ah mudda neckin scab whole back yard and front yard is conrete. not one green leaf no where in dat yard.

so why he had dat dere fur ? is not to put in meh pelau ?

steups, girl ah dust it yes...never look back.  but ah did love he eh. ..ah did love he...

anyway, ah hear he come out ah St Anns wha month it was.

Oh shit :rotfl:, de man take it on bad!!!! Wha yuh de he so?
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 05:50:05 PM »
Daiz bc them youths to suicidal  http://youtube.com/watch?v=pny1X82TCJM
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 05:56:11 PM by Quagmire »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 06:01:35 PM »
Rat almost 2 years yes...but dey let him loose early.
is he sista hadda make over seas call to tell meh dat he start answering he self widout asking questions one day in he office...dey call company doctor and next ting ya hear...he warded.

but ya ain't hear nothing yet....

meh second man frien almost make it to dey steps ah St Anns yes...infact he board taxi wid he grip.
is meh mudda intervene and tell him ah not good and ah is dey shephard fur dey devil...

he shoulda listen, because today he woulda be leading ah normal life...ah hear he not doing too well nah....someting bout uclers. :angel:

who cyah hear will feel  :devil:

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 06:04:12 PM »
yeah Cana..yuh did give meh dat story.  Me eh know why my fren did drink it.  Daise over 20 years ago dat happen. Coulda be some woman problem too but ah did never fine out. Ah tink he was jes depress bout he life.  Me eh so brave tuh kill mehself.  I going out kicking and screamin!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 06:33:24 PM »
is he sista hadda make over seas call to tell meh dat he start answering he self widout asking questions one day in he office...dey call company doctor and next ting ya hear...he warded.

meh second man frien almost make it to dey steps ah St Anns yes...infact he board taxi wid he grip.
is meh mudda intervene and tell him ah not good and ah is dey shephard fur dey devil...

he shoulda listen, because today he woulda be leading ah normal life...ah hear he not doing too well nah....someting bout uclers. :angel:

Like them men eat rice or wha?

Fellas stay away!
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 07:08:38 PM »

Fellas stay away!

nah nah me doh give people boy chile rice...rice does make ya stay and NEVER leave..
bull horse manure
ah have something better dan dat... :devil:

allyuh ah on ah mission:
since Trinidad Carnival ah trying to make ah rasta eat pork, but he eye focus and he lips seal boy...lawd!

is ah challenge ah have on meh hands yes...

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 07:33:35 AM »

Fellas stay away!

nah nah me doh give people boy chile rice...rice does make ya stay and NEVER leave..
bull horse manure

allyuh ah on ah mission:
since Trinidad Carnival ah trying to make ah rasta eat pork, but he eye focus and he lips seal boy...lawd!

Yuh sure is pork?

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »

Fellas stay away!

bull horse manure

allyuh ah on ah mission:

Yuh sure is pork?

Cavalli or Bonito ( :devil:)
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 10:14:48 AM »
RAT!!!  yuh too bad!!

1]; } ?>