April 28, 2024, 12:56:08 AM

Author Topic: AUSTRIA V CZECH REP under 20  (Read 2092 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
AUSTRIA V CZECH REP under 20
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:11:38 PM »
Neighbours clash in Edmonton
Austria and the Czech Republic know plenty about each other, with close ties being forged down the years due to their close proximity, but all neighbourly thoughts will go out of the window at the Commonwealth Stadium on Wednesday when they meet in the FIFA U-20 World Cup semi-final.

The game
Austria v Czech Republic, Edmonton, 18 July, 17.45 (local time)

The stakes
A place in the Final on 22 July against either Chile or Argentina beckons for the winner. If Austria emerge victorious, they will make the trip between Edmonton and Toronto for the fifth time, while the Czechs would be making their first visit to the National Soccer Stadium venue.

The players
Austria defender Thomas Panny suffered a fractured fibula in final training and is therefore out for the rest of the tournament. The Austrians also have defender Michael Madl and midfielder Michael Stanislaw suspended after they collected their second yellow cards of the knock-out phase in the quarter-final win against USA. Austria coach Paul Gludovatz says he may rest other players who are on one caution and midfielder Zlatko Junuzovic is carrying a slight knock. Czech Republic's Tomas Oklestek is gradually recovering from a shoulder injury but may not be fit to face Austria. Petr Janda has an ankle knock and Lukas Kuban has a groin strain but Jakub Mares returns from suspension for the Czechs.

The past
Austria and Czech Republic faced each other a year ago at the finals of the UEFA European U-19 Championship in Poland, where the Czechs won 3-1. The two nations also clashed in the first round at the FIFA U-20 World Youth Championship Mexico 1983, when the former Czechoslovakia won 4-0.

The words
"It will be a very different match to the one we played against USA in the last round. I expect it to be difficult because we have two players suspended and others on a yellow card. The Czechs are in the same situation as Austria because this is like the game of the century for both of us." Paul Gludovatz, Austria coach

"Just because we played defensively against Spain does not mean we are a defensive team. Other people might say we are too defensive but they said that about Greece during Euro 2004 and they went on to win the championship. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for us. I don't know if we will play more offensively against Austria." Miroslav Soukup, Czech Republic coach

"I don't feel any extra pressure when I come off the bench. I always give 100 per cent whether I start the game or I come on a substitute because I always want to score." Erwin 'Jimmy' Hoffer, Austria forward

"It will be tricky against Austria. When we took on Spain we were the underdogs but perhaps we will be the favourites now because last year we beat them at the European Championship, so I guess people will expect us to do it again." Tomas Pekhart, Czech Republic forward

(FIFA.com)
<<>>1 2 3 4 5
More on...
Austria »
Czech Republic »
Video
Austria 2:1 USA »
Spain 1:1 a.e.t 3:4 PSO Czech Republic »

AdvertisementPoll
With the semi-finals fixtures set, which two teams will end up meeting in the Final of the FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007?

Austria v. Chile

Czech Republic v. Argentina

Austria v. Argentina

Czech Republic v. Chile

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: AUSTRIA V CZECH REP under 20
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »
look like austria get ah 2 nil cutass.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:42:02 PM »

The next semi is tom. right?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »

yep.so we lookin at ah arg v chc rep final.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:06:41 PM »

Looking so oui.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
lackadaisical performance by Austria
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 10:50:11 PM »
Dey just didn't have it!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 01:42:07 AM »
I feel it gobe Chc Rep vs Chile ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:14:27 AM »
I feel it gobe Chc Rep vs Chile ;)

Yeah I backing Chile too. ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 09:22:07 AM »
This was one of, if not the most BORING game of this or any U-20, U-17, U-anything tournament I have ever watched.  I think Austria had suppered a major setback in the injury dep. and once Czech Rep. scored that first goal, the game was over.  I hope tonight's and Sunday's games are much, much better!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 09:44:30 AM »
like yuh never see TT play in a U20 or U17 tournament or qualifier or what? :devil: :devil:
All American

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »
like yuh never see TT play in a U20 or U17 tournament or qualifier or what? :devil: :devil:

Oh LAWD, yuh harsh dey, but this game had nothing about it to hold my interest. (and I am one of THE BIGGEST football peongs I know!!) Not the winners, not the losers, not the sparse crowd....NUTT"N!!  Even in games where our teams have been clearly and badly overmatched (the DRUBBING that Brazil put on us in the U-17 tournament at home) there was something about the play of at least ONE of the teams, or the crowd atmosphere or SUMTING!! that made the game interesting.......NOT this one.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>