March 28, 2024, 02:16:27 PM

Author Topic: Glen's feeling good again.  (Read 1816 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Glen's feeling good again.
« on: July 12, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup team striker Cornell Glen is feeling good at the moment, a lot better than he may have felt mentally up to three weeks ago. But he still thinks he needs another couple weeks before he can play a full 90 for his club CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh.
Glen, who made his return to action for Jabloteh earlier this month, is also putting international duty or hopes of taking it up again, aside in the meantime.
“It’s coming along alright at the moment…. still feeling a bit weak though. I’m getting there slowly but surely,” Glen told TTFF Media on Thursday.
As to his decision to actually take to the pitch again, the former LA Galaxy man added “I needed to get back on the field. I need a few games…get  a couple tackles in on the knee and see how it felt just for the mind to know that it’s strong enough to play again.
“I felt good in that first game. Maybe I could have played longer had it not been for a cold I had. I just need to get the confidence up again.”
Glen is one of the more senior players at Jabloteh these days but he is enjoying the role as a flag bearer.
“It’s a lot different to when I was there before going to the MLS. There are lot more youths around this time and I find myself having to do a bit more talking than I normally do and it’s  something I have to get used to. We have good bunch of talented youths around so it’s not stressful. I think this can actually help me along the way as well.  I had a couple options like at W Connection to but I decided to come back to Jabloteh because I think it was the right decision when I looked  at the goals that the coach had in mind for the club,” Glen said.
Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick was in good spirits over Glen’s current state.
“I’m pretty satisfied with the way he’s going. Of course we don’t want to push him too much and risk any chances of him going down again. We will keep monitoring him and using him in right way,” Fenwick said.
He last played for T&T in its 2006 World Cup fixture with Paraguay before going off in the first half with a knee injury. And now that he is making a second come back after a subsequent blow while in LA Galaxy colours last year, Glen is not thinking too much about international football.
“At this point I’m not really that eager to play on the international stage. I want to focus on my club career and I’m not thinking about my country right now. The technical staff and coaches know that I really want to get out of the country and play professionally again out there.”
He knows too that international appearances could be a key factor in his chances of shaking the nets outside of T&T again, of course depending on which League he fancies.
“I know that’s possible that I need the caps but then so be it. The national team is the last thing on my mind right now. I know I just want to focus on my club career right now,” Glen added.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:04:45 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Glen's feeling good again.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup team striker Cornell Glen is feeling good at the moment, a lot better than he may have felt mentally up to three weeks ago. But he still thinks he needs another couple weeks before he can play a full 90 for his club CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh.
Glen, who made his return to action for Jabloteh earlier this month, is also putting international duty or hopes of taking it up again, aside in the meantime.
“It’s coming along alright at the moment…. still feeling a bit weak though. I’m getting there slowly but surely,” Glen told TTFF Media on Thursday.
As to his decision to actually take to the pitch again, the former LA Galaxy man added “I needed to get back on the field. I need a few games…get  a couple tackles in on the knee and see how it felt just for the mind to know that it’s strong enough to play again.
“I felt good in that first game. Maybe I could have played longer had it not been for a cold I had. I just need to get the confidence up again.”
Glen is one of the more senior players at Jabloteh these days but he is enjoying the role as a flag bearer.
“It’s a lot different to when I was there before going to the MLS. There are lot more youths around this time and I find myself having to do a bit more talking than I normally do and it’s  something I have to get used to. We have good bunch of talented youths around so it’s not stressful. I think this can actually help me along the way as well.  I had a couple options like at W Connection to but I decided to come back to Jabloteh because I think it was the right decision when I looked  at the goals that the coach had in mind for the club,” Glen said.
Jabloteh head coach Terry Fenwick was in good spirits over Glen’s current state.
“I’m pretty satisfied with the way he’s going. Of course we don’t want to push him too much and risk any chances of him going down again. We will keep monitoring him and using him in right way,” Fenwick said.
He last played for T&T in its 2006 World Cup fixture with Paraguay before going off in the first half with a knee injury. And now that he is making a second come back after a subsequent blow while in LA Galaxy colours last year, Glen is not thinking too much about international football.
“At this point I’m not really that eager to play on the international stage. I want to focus on my club career and I’m not thinking about my country right now. The technical staff and coaches know that I really want to get out of the country and play professionally again out there.”
He knows too that international appearances could be a key factor in his chances of shaking the nets outside of T&T again, of course depending on which League he fancies.
“I know that’s possible that I need the caps but then so be it. The national team is the last thing on my mind right now. I know I just want to focus on my club career right now,” Glen added.
I feel at this point his recovery from that injury might be more mental than physical.

we all know why he feels this way, but yuh still have to phrase them statements better, just a lil tact.  Cause If i was the coach, even though I understand that is really the TTFF and Jack yuh at odds with, them things will factor into my mind come selection time, in regards to a players motivation when on my squad.

I also feel at this point his recovery from that injury might be more mental than physical.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Glen's feeling good again.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »
“At this point I’m not really that eager to play on the international stage. I want to focus on my club career and I’m not thinking about my country right now."

Hardly surprising, since he got injured whilst representing the country and then TTFF left him to rot. Why would he trust them with his career? If he hadn't got injured he may have been lining up with Beckham, instead hes had a year out of football with no support from his employer (TTFF).

Remember the compensation paid by the English FA to Newcastle for Michael Owens injury? Once TTFF starts to behave like they care about their players, maybe guys will trust them enough to pull on the red white and black jersey.

Well done  Cornell, good to see you back.

1]; } ?>