April 16, 2024, 02:56:45 AM

Author Topic: Jamaica defeats Argentina at Pan Am games  (Read 6916 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Jamaica defeats Argentina at Pan Am games
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:28:38 AM »
Well done yardies!! ordinarily I wouldn't do this but any team that beats Argentina is awright with me. Job well done. De Brazilian fans had made love for Ja too.

JA 2

ARG 0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:53:18 AM by Pointman »
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaica defeats Argentina at Pan Am games
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:36:22 AM »
Impressive  :applause:

dem yard man get motivated &  come back for revenge since de dvd of dey last game

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:40:49 AM »
we did that before

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »

dem yard man get motivated &  come back for revenge since de dvd of dey last game

Big difference.
The Asian tour squad had no time to prepare and the PanAm squad had little time to prepare. Less than a week.
jjbrown

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »

Big difference.
The Asian tour squad had no time to prepare and the PanAm squad had little time to prepare. Less than a week.

doh geh carried away eh dread...yuh team still looked shitty I just glad they won ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:19:02 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:   Dutty...you have to be one of de wickedest men on the board oui....
well yes

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 12:59:42 PM »
Big difference.

THE big difference is that they are two different teams, now shut yuh ass.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 01:18:43 PM »
Big difference.

THE big difference is that they are two different teams, now shut yuh ass.
At least you know the truth and understand. These PanAm matches are also competitive and good practice games for the Young Boyz which they didn't have much of going into these Games.
jjbrown

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 01:20:29 PM »
congrats to the U20 yardies.

that was the U17 argie side they beat.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070711/sports/sports4.html

U-20s head for Pan Am Games
published: Wednesday | July 11, 2007

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

ALREADY SET back by what coach Wendell Downswell describes as 'inadequate preparation time', Jamaica's 18-man Under-20 football squad heads for Brazil today for the Pan American Games.

"We've had a couple of training sessions but nothing to any great extent. We have only had the full squad for a week now," Downswell said.

"It's not a team that we have prepared. So I can't say that they will be able to be A or B, two weeks of preparation heading into a tournament of this magnitude."

"What can one say?" he went on.

"We haven't had any high-quality international games or anything like that so I guess we will just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for some sort of positive results," he said.

The team has so far been hampered by the fact that the majority of the squad, the Under-17 and Under-20, players have being unavailable for practice due to various examinations during the period. The fact that the tournament was originally expected to have been for Under 23s has not helped things as, according to Downswell, at least four players who were originally considered have had to be left out of the squad.

Campaign against Colombia

Jamaica have been placed in Group C along with Argentina, Colombia and Haiti. They will kick off their campaign against Colombia on Sunday. Argentina and Colombia will be using Under-17 teams for the tournament.

"The good thing about this squad is that we are looking to keep it as an Under-23 squad for the next Olympic Games and they would be well ahead," said Downswell.

"Looking at it from that aspect, they will have had some exposure," he said.

The 18-man squad comprises seven Under-17 players and 11 Under-20s.

Squad: Goalkeepers - Dwayne Kerr (Reno), Dwayne Miller (Harbour View). Defenders - Ajuran Brown (August Town), Troy Smith (Village United), Eric Vernon (Portmore United), Jermaine Jarrett (Hotchkiss School - U.S.), Damaine Thompson (Bamboo United). Midfielders - Andrae Campbell (Jonathan Grant), Ricardo Cousins (Portmore United), Edward Campbell (Village United), John Ross Doyley (Glenmuir High). Norman Bailey (Meadhaven), Dwayne Smith (Meadhaven) Keammar Daley (Meadhaven), Obrian Woodbine (Reno).

Forwards - James Thomas (Portmore United), Alanzo Adlam (Excelsior High School), Draion McNain (Reno).

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 01:33:58 PM »

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070711/sports/sports4.html

U-20s head for Pan Am Games
published: Wednesday | July 11, 2007

Kwesi Mugisa, Staff Reporter

ALREADY SET back by what coach Wendell Downswell describes as 'inadequate preparation time', Jamaica's 18-man Under-20 football squad heads for Brazil today for the Pan American Games.

"We've had a couple of training sessions but nothing to any great extent. We have only had the full squad for a week now," Downswell said.

"It's not a team that we have prepared. So I can't say that they will be able to be A or B, two weeks of preparation heading into a tournament of this magnitude."

"What can one say?" he went on.

"We haven't had any high-quality international games or anything like that so I guess we will just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for some sort of positive results," he said.

The team has so far been hampered by the fact that the majority of the squad, the Under-17 and Under-20, players have being unavailable for practice due to various examinations during the period. The fact that the tournament was originally expected to have been for Under 23s has not helped things as, according to Downswell, at least four players who were originally considered have had to be left out of the squad.

Campaign against Colombia

Jamaica have been placed in Group C along with Argentina, Colombia and Haiti. They will kick off their campaign against Colombia on Sunday. Argentina and Colombia will be using Under-17 teams for the tournament.

"The good thing about this squad is that we are looking to keep it as an Under-23 squad for the next Olympic Games and they would be well ahead," said Downswell.

"Looking at it from that aspect, they will have had some exposure," he said.

The 18-man squad comprises seven Under-17 players and 11 Under-20s.

Squad: Goalkeepers - Dwayne Kerr (Reno), Dwayne Miller (Harbour View). Defenders - Ajuran Brown (August Town), Troy Smith (Village United), Eric Vernon (Portmore United), Jermaine Jarrett (Hotchkiss School - U.S.), Damaine Thompson (Bamboo United). Midfielders - Andrae Campbell (Jonathan Grant), Ricardo Cousins (Portmore United), Edward Campbell (Village United), John Ross Doyley (Glenmuir High). Norman Bailey (Meadhaven), Dwayne Smith (Meadhaven) Keammar Daley (Meadhaven), Obrian Woodbine (Reno).

Forwards - James Thomas (Portmore United), Alanzo Adlam (Excelsior High School), Draion McNain (Reno).
Okay! Now let's hear Trinis sound off on a role reversal if Argentina had beaten Jamaica.
jjbrown

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 01:56:30 PM »
rain fall or wha?

which part this tsetse fly 2099 come out from all of ah sudden?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 07:10:32 PM »
Congrats to JA for that win. Anytime a Caribbean team beat a S. American tean is great. Beating Arg. is even greater. I wish they go all the way. By the way in 1967, TT beat Argentina in the Panam games in Winnepeg. We won bronze. The men field hockey won silver. They lost to Argentina.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 07:23:17 PM »

Great result Jamaica.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 10:56:47 AM »
2007 Pan Am Games: Jamaica & Mexico post victories at Men’s Tournament

18.7.07 - Jamaica and Mexico posted victories in the second day of the men’s under-20 football tournament at the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Wednesday.
Two goals by Kemmar Daley gave Jamaica (2-0-0, 6 Points) an historic win of 2:0 over the six-time Pan American Gold Medal Winners, Argentina (0-1-1, 1 Points), in a Group C encounter at the Miécimo da Silva Sport Complex. The loss ended Argentina’s 13-game unbeaten streak at the Pan American Games with their last defeat coming against Chile (3:2) on 18 August 1987 in Indianapolis, Indiana USA.

Meanwhile in Group B on Wednesday, Enrique Alejandro Esqueda and Moises Adrian Velasco scored for Mexico (1-0-1, 4 Points) in the 2:0 victory against Venezuela (0-2-0, 0 Points) at the João Havelange Stadium, while in the other group encounter, four second half goals paced Bolivia (1-0-1, 4 Points) to a 4:2 come-from-behind win over the USA (1-1-0, 3 Points) at the Miécimo da Silva Sport Complex.

In Group A action, Brazil (2-0-0, 6 Points) topped Costa Rica (0-1-1, 1 Point) 2:0 at the João Havelange Stadium, while Ecuador (1-0-1, 4 Points) defeated Honduras (0-2-0, 0 Points) by a score of 3:2 at the Zico Football Center.

Also at the Zico Football Center on Wednesday, Colombia (1-1-0, 3 Points) posted a 1:0 triumph against Haiti (0-1-1, 1 Point).

The men’s tournament continues on Saturday (21 July) as the USA faces Mexico at the Maracanã Stadium and then Brazil hosts Ecuador. Also on Saturday, Venezuela meets Bolivia at the Zico Football Center and then Jamaica plays against Haiti, while at the Miécimo da Silva Sport Complex will have Argentina taking on Colombia and then Costa Rica versus Honduras.

The three group winners along with the best second-place finisher will advance to the semifinals at Maracanã Stadium on 24 July. The bronze and gold medal games will take place on 27 July also at Maracanã Stadium.

jjbrown

Offline junior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Jam vs Arg.
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 11:26:45 AM »
Dont get carried away with the Jamaica vs Argentina result,it was Jam under 20 and Argentina's under 17. JAM WINNING 2-0 STILL GOOD DOH.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
Re: Jam vs Arg.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »
Dont get carried away with the Jamaica vs Argentina result,it was Jam under 20 and Argentina's under 17. JAM WINNING 2-0 STILL GOOD DOH.
It is a combination of U-17 and U-20 Reggae Boyz at the PanAm Games. And they arrived at these Games with limited preparation.
However, if the results had been reversed. Many Trinis would be laughing and telling us what type of crap team we have.
Now with Jamaica's lowest ranking at 93. The tables will surely start turning in Jamaica's favour. Slowly, but surely. ;D ;D
jjbrown

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 01:17:47 PM »
So what's the deal? Did WD opt not to take the 3 U-23s the tournament permitted or did the rules change to preclude U-23s from being included?

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
So what's the deal? Did WD opt not to take the 3 U-23s the tournament permitted or did the rules change to preclude U-23s from being included?
Check the organizers rules.
jjbrown

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 01:58:14 PM »
Jam2099 that's why I asked. My info (a June 19 press release) suggests that up to 3 U-23s could have been included in the squad -

Yet, from a cursory look at several of the squads, I'm unable to find any player in this age group ...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
Jam2099 that's why I asked. My info (a June 19 press release) suggests that up to 3 U-23s could have been included in the squad -

Yet, from a cursory look at several of the squads, I'm unable to find any player in this age group ...
Understood. The above rules apply for Olympic Teams.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2007, 01:54:44 PM »
It's strange to see no result has been posted for the PanAm football match between Jamaica's limited prepared U-20 Reggae Boyz and Haiti U-20. ;D ;D

And yet, the results of the Asian tour matches was live and direct.  ??? ??? Is it me or do I detect fear from the Caribbean nations.  :devil: :devil: 
jjbrown

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2007, 03:07:22 PM »
It's strange to see no result has been posted for the PanAm football match between Jamaica's limited prepared U-20 Reggae Boyz and Haiti U-20. ;D ;D

And yet, the results of the Asian tour matches was live and direct.  ??? ??? Is it me or do I detect fear from the Caribbean nations.  :devil: :devil: 

is jus you  ::)

To be quite honest few people study youth football results unless is their own team playing. Congrats for the performances. Now scram!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 05:05:39 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline pace8

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2007, 03:27:17 PM »

I don't know how good that result really is for Jamaica...their U-20s beat the Haitian U-17s. Doesn't mean anything...

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2007, 04:40:10 PM »

I don't know how good that result really is for Jamaica...their U-20s beat the Haitian U-17s. Doesn't mean anything...
It IS Haiti's U-20 teams. Check out the Dates of Birth on the PanAm site.
jjbrown

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline pace8

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2007, 07:56:34 PM »

The Pan Am site made an errors. Look at the players born in 1987, its all written that theyre born on Jan 1st. I can assure you that those players are all going to Korea for the Haitian U-17 team.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2007, 09:31:10 PM »
Is it me or do I detect fear from the Caribbean nations.  :devil: :devil: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good one!
Two islands are better than one.

Offline pace8

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2007, 10:21:10 PM »

http://www.concacaf.com/competitions/u17/viewArticle.asp?id=3761
compare the two lists. Many of the players mentioned as 1987 are actually on the U-17 squad.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2007, 09:07:29 AM »

The Pan Am site made an errors. Look at the players born in 1987, its all written that theyre born on Jan 1st. I can assure you that those players are all going to Korea for the Haitian U-17 team.
And Thus they can legitimately play for Haiti's U-20 team.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2007, 09:26:56 AM »
Is it me or do I detect fear from the Caribbean nations.  :devil: :devil: 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good one!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
jjbrown

1]; } ?>