April 29, 2024, 02:15:39 AM

Author Topic: L.A GALAXY VS CHELSEA  (Read 18916 times)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: L.A GALAXY VS CHELSEA
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2007, 07:05:30 PM »
best case scenario....Galaxy win, becks score and get man of DE match...MLS get much needed promotion which will be great for DE league....Trinis could get more contracts...
It eh go hurt Chelsea cause Dem could still go on and win DE EL,champions league and FA cup and nobody go remember this preseason game...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:09:07 PM by futbolfan »
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 07:17:34 PM »
Hate to ruin this eh ....but beckham have a damaged angle ent
http://broadband.espn.go.com/ivp/

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »
Allyuh notice how Abel Xavier out there sweating wit he bleach-hair self and doh even get a second mention. Same way Juan Pablo Angel playing in NY and doh get no bligh.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »

I think most of us tune in to watch Chelsea. Bechkam is a sideshow.
 ;D

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »
And now they interviewing the hollywood waggonists. Jennifer Love-Hewitt saying how excited she is about soccer, but this is the first live game she ever watch.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »
jennifer love hewitt sound like one flicking airhead boy

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »

I think most of us tune in to watch Chelsea. Bechkam is a sideshow.
 ;D
Rite lol ..so any links .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »

This is ridiculous.

It have a  cartoon/stick man story of he life narrated by him. (I swear he talk bout crying 50 times in the pre-show)

Say what the hype making meh laugh.

I take it that you don't watch too much TV...because that has been an Adidas theme for the entire year now...Gilbert Arenas and Tim Duncan (among others) has a similar spot, stickman figure giving first person narration of his life.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:03:44 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »
One commentator said there should be no offsides in this game and tommy smith replied ''WHAT'' in ah sarcastic way then the commentator replied ''just kidding''in an embarrased tone. ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007, 07:39:07 PM »
If the hype surrounding this is a certain theatre of the absurd, this thread is like a circus of tiny minds.  Allyuh men cyah see de forest because of the facking trees.
and...i jus interested in seeing a game.....dais all.i actually only want to see hwo chelsea looking preseason cause i am a fan....dais all, i eh see how my posting in this thread reveals my cranial dimensions as minute
 isnt the forest the game of football???   i see hwo american media hype has done more damagae than good. at the end of de day beckham might suffer

What harm has American 'hype' done?  MLS is well on it's way to recouping it's investment, via ticket sales, television contracts and sale of apparel...there's no such thing as bad publicity and in marketing publicity means $$

Now...onto your other points.  You tuned in to see Chelsea, but the bulk of talk in the thread has little to do with Chelsea, and a lot to do (negatively so) with Beckham, MLS and the LA Galaxy.  Reminds me of Statler and Waldorf, the two old muppets in the balcony, who for all the world can't understand why they come to see the Muppet Show...but they show up anyways to criticize.

The forest actually is the sport of football/soccer...and it's growth in the last great football frontier.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2007, 07:40:11 PM »
One commentator said there should be no offsides in this game and tommy smith replied ''WHAT'' in ah sarcastic way then the commentator replied ''just kidding''in an embarrased tone. ;D
dat jackass name is eric wynalda
The absolute worst part about having to watch football in America.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
Wynalda is not the same man who say If Sancho hair wasn't long, then Crouch wouldn't be able to pull it.

This ass also says quite often that he doesn't like refs and he really does think there shouldn't be offside.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2007, 07:44:18 PM »
Wynalda is not the same man who say If Sancho hair wasn't long, then Crouch wouldn't be able to pull it.

This ass also says quite often that he doesn't like refs and he really does think there shouldn't be offside.

He actually said something to the effect that if you step on the pitch with dreadlocks then you kinda have to accept getting your hair pulled as being part of the game....

An even worse comment.

thus far Chelsea suffering from a critical lack of finishing despite dominating play.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
If the hype surrounding this is a certain theatre of the absurd, this thread is like a circus of tiny minds.  Allyuh men cyah see de forest because of the facking trees.
and...i jus interested in seeing a game.....dais all.i actually only want to see hwo chelsea looking preseason cause i am a fan....dais all, i eh see how my posting in this thread reveals my cranial dimensions as minute
 isnt the forest the game of football???   i see hwo american media hype has done more damagae than good. at the end of de day beckham might suffer

What harm has American 'hype' done?  MLS is well on it's way to recouping it's investment, via ticket sales, television contracts and sale of apparel...there's no such thing as bad publicity and in marketing publicity means $$

Now...onto your other points.  You tuned in to see Chelsea, but the bulk of talk in the thread has little to do with Chelsea, and a lot to do (negatively so) with Beckham, MLS and the LA Galaxy.  Reminds me of Statler and Waldorf, the two old muppets in the balcony, who for all the world can't understand why they come to see the Muppet Show...but they show up anyways to criticize.

The forest actually is the sport of football/soccer...and it's growth in the last great football frontier.
yes i came to watch the game and chelsea play and therein lie meh issue.  i watching football all meh life and not even when maradona or pele etc have been playing has there been more hype opver one player over the rest of the team. what about the game....they even seem to be forgettign that they tryign to make the game mor epopular..u think by having jennifer love hewit go to watch football or half ah dem poeple there actuallyc are bout the sport???
if the stadium was full ah mexcians i woulda say well yes.... but its all botu beckham nto football. let them do they do,
dat kinda hting...could only do so much. it go benefit the youths but them and all go miss de important issue about it in my opnion.

only time i see mor einterest in a player is when tendulkar playing in india and maybe lara in trini.
let them play they soccer yes...de rest ah de world will fight up with de football
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2007, 07:51:30 PM »
The Governator looking rell old and like he doing that face lift thing, he say he use to play football when he was small, can you imagine that?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
Kalou purgin and Xavier only collecting bullet in front of the goal. The man like he in the way of every shot.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:30:24 PM by Bitter »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »

yes i came to watch the game and chelsea play and therein lie meh issue.  i watching football all meh life and not even when maradona or pele etc have been playing has there been more hype opver one player over the rest of the team. what about the game....they even seem to be forgettign that they tryign to make the game mor epopular..u think by having jennifer love hewit go to watch football or half ah dem poeple there actuallyc are bout the sport???
if the stadium was full ah mexcians i woulda say well yes.... but its all botu beckham nto football. let them do they do,
dat kinda hting...could only do so much. it go benefit the youths but them and all go miss de important issue about it in my opnion.

only time i see mor einterest in a player is when tendulkar playing in india and maybe lara in trini.
let them play they soccer yes...de rest ah de world will fight up with de football

Watching sports in the US and watching sport elsewhere in the world is not the same...US execs market the respective sport not as a 'game'...which is what you want, but rather as an experience.  While I don't agree with it (I can do without the requisite shots of Jack Nicholson, and Denzel and Spike et al) but the idea is that this is a hip or happening event that people should want to experience first hand.  The sport is paramount, but you have to bear in mind that soccer is being marketed to an audience that's largely unfamiliar with it...so their initial interest in the sport would be minimal...the hope is to seed that and watch it grow.  Your petulant dismissal of "soccer" vs football notwithstanding.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2007, 07:58:54 PM »

Watching sports in the US and watching sport elsewhere in the world is not the same...US execs market the respective sport not as a 'game'...which is what you want, but rather as an experience.  While I don't agree with it (I can do without the requisite shots of Jack Nicholson, and Denzel and Spike et al) but the idea is that this is a hip or happening event that people should want to experience first hand.  The sport is paramount, but you have to bear in mind that soccer is being marketed to an audience that's largely unfamiliar with it...so their initial interest in the sport would be minimal...the hope is to seed that and watch it grow.  Your petulant dismissal of "soccer" vs football notwithstanding.
i know viewing sports in the US different. Hence ah suffering here and dat has been meh gripe from de begining. dais all. i more feeling sorry for becks actually, but dais me. He dealing witht he most fickle socitey in d e world.

yes petulance is the luxury of youth(in my case relative youth  ;D)
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2007, 08:03:12 PM »
My wife who is an american say. "I feeling shame" 
I asked she why?  She say "we ain't have nobody good so we have to buy one".  This coming from a none fan eh.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »
This game playing really slow. The game against the Korean team was way faster than this snooze. I hope Chelsea up the tempo in the second1/2 and put in about 3. Their is a chasm in the technical and tactic level of Chelsea to the Galaxy team.

Or yes Landon on the field too.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »

i know viewing sports in the US different. Hence ah suffering here and dat has been meh gripe from de begining. dais all. i more feeling sorry for becks actually, but dais me. He dealing witht he most fickle socitey in d e world.

yes petulance is the luxury of youth(in my case relative youth  ;D)

Lol...I hear yuh on both de suffering thing and on de relative youth.  I still excited by the potential him being in the MLS offers though.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »
My wife who is an american say. "I feeling shame" 
I asked she why?  She say "we ain't have nobody good so we have to buy one".  This coming from a none fan eh.
Spoken like ah none fan too...unless by 'we' she mean de LA Galaxy.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2007, 08:09:46 PM »

yes i came to watch the game and chelsea play and therein lie meh issue.  i watching football all meh life and not even when maradona or pele etc have been playing has there been more hype opver one player over the rest of the team. what about the game....they even seem to be forgettign that they tryign to make the game mor epopular..u think by having jennifer love hewit go to watch football or half ah dem poeple there actuallyc are bout the sport???

Watching sports in the US and watching sport elsewhere in the world is not the same...US execs market the respective sport not as a 'game'...which is what you want, but rather as an experience.  While I don't agree with it (I can do without the requisite shots of Jack Nicholson, and Denzel and Spike et al) but the idea is that this is a hip or happening event that people should want to experience first hand.  The sport is paramount, but you have to bear in mind that soccer is being marketed to an audience that's largely unfamiliar with it...so their initial interest in the sport would be minimal...the hope is to seed that and watch it grow.  Your petulant dismissal of "soccer" vs football notwithstanding.
You make some legitimate points here. The American marketing machine is running at full stem in this game. As a football fan however, it is really disgusting to see one player touted above the actual event in such a brazen way. There are at least 4 world class players on Chelsea who seem be getting only "honourable mentions" in this game.

Beckham take off he left boot, they talk bout that
Beckham crouches over, the talk bout that
Beckham shouts 'foul' from de bench, they talk bout that
Beckham stands up, they get excited.
Stueps
Football is theatre on the field, not off it.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
Ah heard another one say today "soccer is ah ceecee sport" :cursing:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline DeLasTrini

• New Warrior
  • Don't blink on me. Or u just might miss my goal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2007, 08:14:25 PM »

I doh like dem breed a people at all. Though Chelsea's finishing has been quite lack luster the first half. I swear these guys thinking Football is like basketball yes......
What's the Meaning of the Word Quit. I don't know the meaning of it. Trini to the Fullest.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2007, 08:15:51 PM »
Forgive him or her for they know not what they speak of, to say that is blasphemy.
o by the way GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLL Terry

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2007, 08:17:45 PM »
Ok they talking about terry toe now, so it have balance.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2007, 08:18:12 PM »

You make some legitimate points here. The American marketing machine is running at full stem in this game. As a football fan however, it is really disgusting to see one player touted above the actual event in such a brazen way. There are at least 4 world class players on Chelsea who seem be getting only "honourable mentions" in this game.

Beckham take off he left boot, they talk bout that
Beckham crouches over, the talk bout that
Beckham shouts 'foul' from de bench, they talk bout that
Beckham stands up, they get excited.
Stueps
Football is theatre on the field, not off it.

I can't disagree with anything that you said...but the fact that this is Beckham's first game, that there was so much hype over his signing...and for how much he signed...Americans are tuned in to see the hype.  Some preseason game featuring a bunch of guys whose names they can't pronounced is peripheral.  To be fair they are giving little capsules on some of the bigger names (Drogba, Terry, Cech have all been featured already).

I see your location says Trincity...it unfortunate that this is the only feed international audiences have available, because this game isn't being geared towards the international audience, thus your disappointment.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2007, 08:20:45 PM »
Becks boots looking best

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2007, 08:21:01 PM »
Man on here say baseball is not ah 'manly sport'...next one call it rounders.  Ignorance isn't limited to any one side or the other.

Allyuh fretting up allyuh self over nonsense.

1]; } ?>