March 18, 2024, 11:35:31 PM

Author Topic: L.A GALAXY VS CHELSEA  (Read 18495 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: L.A GALAXY VS CHELSEA
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2007, 08:22:46 PM »

You make some legitimate points here. The American marketing machine is running at full stem in this game. As a football fan however, it is really disgusting to see one player touted above the actual event in such a brazen way. There are at least 4 world class players on Chelsea who seem be getting only "honourable mentions" in this game.

Beckham take off he left boot, they talk bout that
Beckham crouches over, the talk bout that
Beckham shouts 'foul' from de bench, they talk bout that
Beckham stands up, they get excited.
Stueps
Football is theatre on the field, not off it.

I can't disagree with anything that you said...but the fact that this is Beckham's first game, that there was so much hype over his signing...and for how much he signed...Americans are tuned in to see the hype.  Some preseason game featuring a bunch of guys whose names they can't pronounced is peripheral.  To be fair they are giving little capsules on some of the bigger names (Drogba, Terry, Cech have all been featured already).

I see your location says Trincity...it unfortunate that this is the only feed international audiences have available, because this game isn't being geared towards the international audience, thus your disappointment.

Let me get this right...alyuh watchin American Cable Television Network TV in Trinidad or where ever and expect the broadcsters to do what ?
Warrior For Life !!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

You make some legitimate points here. The American marketing machine is running at full stem in this game. As a football fan however, it is really disgusting to see one player touted above the actual event in such a brazen way. There are at least 4 world class players on Chelsea who seem be getting only "honourable mentions" in this game.

Stueps

I can't disagree with anything that you said...but the fact that this is Beckham's first game, that there was so much hype over his signing...and for how much he signed...Americans are tuned in to see the hype.  Some preseason game featuring a bunch of guys whose names they can't pronounced is peripheral.  To be fair they are giving little capsules on some of the bigger names (Drogba, Terry, Cech have all been featured already).

I see your location says Trincity...it unfortunate that this is the only feed international audiences have available, because this game isn't being geared towards the international audience, thus your disappointment.

Let me get this right...alyuh watchin American Cable Television Network TV in Trinidad or where ever and expect the broadcsters to do what ?
To announce the game like it is. That's all

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2007, 08:28:41 PM »

Stueps

This is not PBS, the BBC or Voice of America Radio...this is Network television so pump yuh brakes...what yuh think dey doin ah documentary ???
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »

Unless you co-signing on what I saying...I think you quoted the wrong person.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »
Becks off de bench!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2007, 08:32:49 PM »
Becks off de bench!

I think i just peed myself!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2007, 08:33:22 PM »

Stueps

This is not PBS, the BBC or Voice of America Radio...this is Network television so pump yuh brakes...what yuh think dey doin ah documentary ???
I not sure if me yuh talking too but to answer your question, No i don't think they are doing ah documentary but it seems as if it is exactly that they are doing. They talking about Beckham more than the game. STUEPS

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2007, 08:38:21 PM »

Stueps

I not sure if me yuh talking too but to answer your question, No i don't think they are doing ah documentary but it seems as if it is exactly that they are doing. They talking about Beckham more than the game. STUEPS

The reason this game on ESPN is not because of Chelsea...its because of Becks...ESPN wanted to broadcast this game because of him..all the hype is about him...the few Americans who tune in to watch ESPN and did not change the channel is because dey want to see Becks..NOT Chelsea!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »
I have tuh admit...something surreal about seeing Beck in that Galaxy uniform.

Other observations:

Maria Shriver is god-awful ugly.

K.G. at a football game???

Xavier is playing like a man possessed along the Galaxy backline.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:48:08 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:34 PM »
WTF they have ah Beckham cam, only for him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2007, 08:49:27 PM »
Good gawd man stop de f**king complaining arready nah?  Change de frigging channel or pop in yuh "Best of Chelsea 2007" DVD fuh crissakes arready...shit.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2007, 08:52:49 PM »
Good gawd man stop de f**king complaining arready nah?  Change de frigging channel or pop in yuh "Best of Chelsea 2007" DVD fuh crissakes arready...shit.
WTF don't let me bother you, if you like the MLS revolution, that's your business but don't reply to me if I don't like their BULLSHIT hype, besides it's ah forum for people's opinion ans that's mine take it or leave it.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »
WTF don't let me bother you, if you like the MLS revolution, that's your business but don't reply to me if I don't like their BULLSHIT hype, besides it's ah forum for people's opinion ans that's mine take it or leave it.
lol..temper temper fellas..allyuh is kciks oui...lol
beckham, chelasea and definetley not the mls and galaxy worth it...lol  :beermug:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »

Fella, watch de game and stop PMSing nah.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »
Game finish 1-0 to Chelsea,time for the Prem to start.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »
lol...well all things considedred this is de worse most hyped game in hsitory..lol. wah u go do.....laters fellas....
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2007, 09:03:58 PM »

Yea BAKE i done pmsing, the game done too ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »
Xavier play real good.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2007, 09:07:36 PM »

Next time ah in Valencia ah going and make sure ah pee on yuh favorite mango tree.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2007, 09:09:08 PM »

Next time ah in Valencia ah going and make sure ah pee on yuh favorite mango tree.
yuh too late they chop down meh starch mango tree on quare road to extend meh old house. ;D

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2007, 09:20:37 PM »
lol...well all things considedred this is de worse most hyped game in hsitory..lol. wah u go do.....laters fellas....
Ditto......
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2007, 09:21:15 PM »
yuh too late they chop down meh starch mango tree on quare road to extend meh old house. ;D
Ah peeing right in yuh gallery den, and ah bringing friends too lol

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2007, 12:38:48 AM »
What allyuh think about LA's kit?

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »
That shit is hot to death...I been peeping it since last week, very reminiscent of the job adidas did for the Germany kit...love the navy and gold treatment too.  I was considering getting it, but I already have the Germany shirt and find they too similar.  I also not feeling de 'Bayern Munich' collar....but who knows, I might still cop a Becks shirt after all de talk.

Offline DAFJ14

• Tactical Maestro
  • New Warrior
  • Step to it right
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2007, 10:43:05 AM »
You see the media circle around that lil boy pre-kick-off? That's pure nonsense, i don't care about the grand scheme for him and all that but him on the bench with other players and every body circle him taking pics can't be good for the other players' morale.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2007, 02:57:44 PM »
ok becks boots look bess, dem americans need help i swear is d Oscars going on and galaxy is a shit team, and lastly why d f*&k they keep focusing on becks whole game so, like dey want to bull d man or something lol  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »
YOu eh see Landon didn't want to give up the corner to Becks. It go be real pressure.  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
You see the media circle around that lil boy pre-kick-off? That's pure nonsense, i don't care about the grand scheme for him and all that but him on the bench with other players and every body circle him taking pics can't be good for the other players' morale.
You seriously think de other players morale fragile like yours?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2007, 05:08:06 PM »
You seriously think de other players morale fragile like yours?

:devil: :devil: hmm u wicked  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2007, 07:11:47 AM »
Stars turn out to welcome Beckhams

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7050800

Associated Press, Updated 3 hours ago    
LOS ANGELES (AP) - David Beckham attracted Hollywood stars Sunday the same way he draws defenders on the soccer field.

In large numbers.

A glittery array of Oscar winners and entertainment world luminaries turned out for what was billed as an official welcome-to-Los Angeles party for the international soccer icon and his wife, pop singer Victoria.

With Tom Cruise and Will Smith playing co-hosts for the invitation-only bash at the Museum of Contemporary Art's Geffen Contemporary gallery, the guest list was long and deep.

Director Ron Howard and producer Brian Grazer were among the first to arrive. Brooke Shields was there.

"Desperate Housewives" star Eva Longoria popped in, followed by "American Idol" creator Simon Fuller, who managed the Spice Girls pop group that launched Victoria Beckham to fame.

Wesley Snipes and Quincy Jones came to welcome the soccer star, as did Bruce Willis, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Vivica Fox showed up too.

Others expected to drop in ranged from George Clooney to Oprah Winfrey to Steven Spielberg.

The Beckhams arrived with Cruise, accompanied by wife Katie Holmes, and Smith, with his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith.

Cruise flew in for the bash from Germany, where he is shooting his newest film.

For the British Beckhams, it was a taste of classic Hollywood. A red carpet was rolled out at the entrance. A small army of police patrolled streets for blocks. There were limousines and TV cameras by the dozen. Helicopters thumped overhead.

Inside, the warehouse-like venue was transformed with couches, elaborate lighting and floral arrangements into a glittery nightclub. Music blared.

If Beckham was embarrassed by deafening cheers from fans at his sold-out debut Saturday as a Los Angeles Galaxy player, he must have been dumbfounded by the profusion of celebrity sparkle at the party.

1]; } ?>