March 28, 2024, 04:05:06 AM

Author Topic: IWER GEORGE  (Read 7354 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
IWER GEORGE
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:03:02 PM »
The man formally known as IWER GEORGE recently change his name anybody know what he new name iz ? ah hope iz not ah sign .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: IWER GEORGE
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:04:10 PM »
he change it to THE BOSS
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »
so wait...he change it to the "The big man in de business" to "The boss"  :rotfl:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Iwer George is now 'The Boss'
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 01:23:29 PM »
Iwer George is now 'The Boss'
By Michael Mondezie (Trinidad Express)

Veteran soca star Neil "Iwer" George has finally revealed his new stage name.

George told a gathering of about 2,000 fans that he would now be known as "The Boss" during his concert appearance at the Soca for Summer show held on Saturday night at the Jean Pierre Complex, Mucurapo.

The name isn't really that surprising since it's the title his employees at 91.9 Soca Bashment would have known him as for the past two years.

On Saturday night, his fans seemed a bit disappointed with his choice.

"I was expecting something grander, but if the man choose that we have to go with that because he really is the boss," one young fan told the Express following the announcement.

Iwer is no stranger to self-reinvention.

The Point Fortin-born artiste has had several image and name changes during an almost three-decade career.

He was dubbed the "bum bum man" in the late 80s following the release of several songs glorifying the female behind, the most memorable of which being "Bottom in the Road", which was banned on several local radio stations.

In the late 90s he again came under fire for a lack of creativity following the release of "Hand, Hand".

Iwer repeated the word hand 36 times in the chorus of the song that went on to be a Carnival hit in 2000.

He was dubbed "Mr Hand, Hand, Hand" that year.

He subsequently became known as "The Big Man in the Business" following his recent domination of the Soca Monarch competition and last year he was known as "Mr Fete After Fete".

In an ever-evolving entertainment industry it's anyone's guess as to exactly how long his new name will last but for C2K8 all comers should be wary of the Soca Boss.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »
He also hav ah song and he repeated nah nah nah about 20 times.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!!           ...  oh sorry wrong guy.

Didn't Rick Springfield write a song "Don't call me Bruce"? If this name flies Iwer might have to cover that tune.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW1Frr4OcRc
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:22:00 PM by E-man »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 07:17:09 PM »
Iwer full ah shit...why he doh pay TUCO dey fees

my gawd my gawdddddddddddddddd...damn ass >:(

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »
yea man yuh is really D' Boss fuh havin de fuss 24hr radio station dat is dedicated tuh soca n calypso  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 05:33:39 PM »
yea man yuh is really D' Boss fuh havin de fuss 24hr radio station dat is dedicated tuh soca n calypso  :beermug:

Madd ah go give him dat...he put 105Tempo to shame...
but
nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhh my gawd my gawd, come wid some better lyrics nah >:(

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 06:00:52 PM »

You know the whole story? steupsss people does just like to talk  big up d'boss!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 06:35:27 PM »

You know the whole story? steupsss people does just like to talk  big up d'boss!!!

watch nah big...i entitled to say or type wha dey ass i want in here eh....
i reading dey same blasted papers dat everybody else read.

until he say he done pay it....i telling him and allyuh 'pay dey blasted fees"

shit

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 08:30:07 AM »

but
nah nah nah nah nah nahhhhhhhhh my gawd my gawd, come wid some better lyrics nah >:(

Who de hell studying lyrics? Be real. People want to hear jump and wine....is jump and wine dey go get in dey pwefen. If iwer wasnt giving de people what dey want.......he woulda suffer. When iwer now start....he did have some serious songs...buh wasnt getting no airplay. In fact he write a tune de other day....
"Some people feel i cant sing calypso...how is only jump up and hand i know
But is me who say "times hard...time to work harder.....two weeks later de bank take back my car"

Iwer doh mamaguy yuh....he doh talk nonsense bout how he try to transcend heself as a artiste etc........he go in de studio...spend a 10 minutes.....come out....mash up fete....and he happy. De man have a grocery...a radio station......and he investing he paper. Few people could hype up a crowd like iwer......and thats a fact.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 03:06:49 PM »

but

Who de hell studying lyrics? Be real. People want to hear jump and wine....is jump and wine dey go get in dey pwefen. If iwer wasnt giving de people what dey want.......he woulda suffer. When iwer now start....he did have some serious songs...buh wasnt getting no airplay. In fact he write a tune de other day....
"Some people feel i cant sing calypso...how is only jump up and hand i know
But is me who say "times hard...time to work harder.....two weeks later de bank take back my car"

Iwer doh mamaguy yuh....he doh talk nonsense bout how he try to transcend heself as a artiste etc........he go in de studio...spend a 10 minutes.....come out....mash up fete....and he happy. De man have a grocery...a radio station......and he investing he paper. Few people could hype up a crowd like iwer......and thats a fact.

so you think he getting airplay today ?
only on he station you hear his music....

and ya want to know where dey hell dey culture going

steups

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 06:47:59 PM »
Yuh know.....dis is de perfect time to start up a thread i was going to. It kinda like what i was alluding to in this thread. If iwer wasnt giving people what they wanted........then he wouldnt be making money. Look how long soca monarch took to reach 100 grand as the winners prize....and compare that to how long it took soca monarch to reach that same amount. and it not in soca alone.....it in all forms of music.....what lyrical content dancehall have dese days?Lyrical tunes like dis?
Mad Bull Mad Bull Come make de circle..
Raging Raging Bull......

Or Rap
This is why i'm hot...this is why i'm hot...this is why...this is why...this is why i'm hot....i'm hot cuz i'm fly...you aint cuz you not....this is why...this is why...this is why im hot....

In my opinion music on de whole gone thru. And i shudder th think what could be passed off as music when i have my children. And i now hit 20.
Iwer giving people what dey want. Look at some of dem big tunes dat yuh KNOW yuh jump up for:
We Jumping....tonite we go mash up de dancehall....we jumping as if we playing basketball....we jumping like micheal jordan...(higher dan dat...) we jumping like scottie pippen...(higher dan dat...) we gonna jump up and dunk...we gonna jump up and dunk...we go jump and jump and jump and jump and....

So yuh wake up in de morning and yuh jus realise...carnival come back again......and yuh looking for yuh flag and yuh cyar find yuh flag......
Show meh yuh hand ah want to read yuh palm...(palm palm)show meh yuh hand i want to red yuh palm (palm palm) show meh yuh hand i want to....now everybody hands up....ah reading ah reading...hands up...ah reading...ah reading.....jump up and get on bad...jump up and get on bad.....
Las year xtatic mash up wit big truck....xtatic mash up wit big truck...so i went for my tractor liscence.......get yuh tractor liscence...get someting and grind up on it...(tractor...) grind up on it....(tractor)....grind up...take a wine take a wine....
Gimme ah bligh in de sky...gimme ah bligh in de sky...gimme a bligh in de sky...gimme a bligh in de sky....swing it over yuh head......swing it over yuh head.....

Iwer does get de crowd involved...and send dem home happy. Look at all big soca tunes...dey involved some degree of crowd participation. Dollar wine....moving to the left...footsteps....in fact is a method now that dancehall uses.....with all these retarded dances like frogback and hulahoop and ting. If dat is what dey want....is dat wha dey did want.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:40:11 PM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 08:49:49 PM »

shit

brotha   say what u want, it seems like u aint like Iwer...Remember you reading the papers and I hear it from the horses mouth..but say what u want

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 03:16:08 AM »

shit

brotha   say what u want, it seems like u aint like Iwer...Remember you reading the papers and I hear it from the horses mouth..but say what u want

nah man
you go watch ah handle name Rookmin and say brotha ???
okay so umm...dis go by my last post to you

since i'm not fortunate to get it from dey horses mouth or backside, i'll still continue to say "pay the fees".  I have nothing against Iwer, some of his music didn't appeal to me and i guess the rest of TnT. Again, Big we are all entitled to like or dislike things.  right ?

I'll continue to read the papers, and hopefully there will be a story headline "Iwer paids up" OR " I doh owe nothing"

okay sista ???
take it easy

1]; } ?>