April 24, 2024, 10:54:23 PM

Author Topic: Let's Get Rid of The TTFF !!!!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
Let's Get Rid of The TTFF !!!!
« on: July 23, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »
Hey Fellas I have a question a question????. Is there ANY AVENUE possible that we can use to get rid of today's TOTALLY incompetent national football administrators. "Camps & Crew have been basically "Liming" on the block of football admistration for 20 plus years and they have done absolutely nuttin "POSITIVE" for the game since then. About Camps, Where is he?? Is he even in the country?? this man like he is JACKULA puppet?? Long time me aint see this man, with the current imppasse going yuh at least think yuh would ah see ah brudder making some coments but the only man doing that is "JACKULA".
         I praise JACKULA for basically carrying football on his back financially during WCQ however he should not be allowed to be totally in conrol in my opinion he is just a Special Adviser for god's sakes. Besides we are not really supposed to be that dependent on Jackula any more we got money now well at least we are supposed to. NO TEAM QUALIFIES FOR A WORLD CUP THEN SUDDENLY AFTER THEY HAVE NONE UNLESS REAL MEN TIEF IT OUT!!. This brings up the Impasse situation!!!

The problem – as it appears to be so often in the case of the T&TFF – is money and the way it is handled by T&TFF officials including T&TFF special adviser Jack Warner who is also vice president of FIFA.

The players are concerned about the accuracy of T&TFF’s accounting and the way it suggests to split the more than 18 million TT dollars the football federation received for its part in the 2006 World Cup. According to the players, Jack Warner promised them half of the revenue accrued by the T&TFF during the World Cup. The promise was made in November last year.

According to an article by reporter Lasana Liburd in the Trinidad Express, there are a host of problems with the accounting including

The accounts show no income from the sale of television rights from the Bahrain leg of the World Cup and a series of friendly matches shown on European television
Income from sponsors appears to be omitted or doctored including a deal with Adidas. In December 2005 T&TFF announced that Adidas had paid 73 million TT dollars to sponsor the team. When it came to give players their cut, the football federation said the deal was only worth 1.8 million TT dollars.
T&TFF claims that the sponsors insisted that a third of their money should be set aside for the preparations for the World Cup in 2010
T&TFF has deducted the player’s match fees, allowances, accommodation, transport and refreshment from their World Cup bonus packages so in effect they were paying their own salaries
T&TFF also deducted “FIFA/CONCACAF dues”, gate equipment and scouting fees
There is no sign of the 45 million TT dollars the football federation was promised by the government of Trinidad and Tobago to negate all expenses

All in all, each player could look forward to a bonus of 5,600 TT dollars from the World Cup. That is the equivalent of 893 US dollars.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Is there anyway if any that we as citizens of trinidad & tobago whom the footballers and Even THE DAMN TTFF are supposed to represent take any International Court or Protest action to rid of us of these cronies "CAMPS AND CREW" even JACKULA from the local football fraternity forever. This situation in which one man in charge for so much years doing nuttin would not take place in another serious football nation and as supporters of a WC team i would like to think we would finally take football seriously.

Anyone out there with an answer???

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Get Rid of The TTFF !!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
Ballpiyong, this is a question with no answer. I'm not sure anyone but the TTFF really understands how they remain in position. I understand that the voting system has been reorganised, and it appears that this reorganisation benefits those already in position. In other words, once you're in, you stay in.

However, the TTFFs actions regarding the blacklist bring the game into disrepute on several issues.

TTFF are clearly victimising those players who exercised their right to challenge them.

They have commited no crime or brought the game into disrepute and therefore their right to earn a living has been unfairly obstructed by their employers.   

TTFF spokesmen have libelled the players by describing them as mercenary, greedy and blackmailers.

The players careers have been damaged and this cannot be undone. If Sancho had played in the Gold Cup, he would not be looking for a club now. The lost caps cannot be replaced. The increase in profile would have been reflected in higher earnings.

I believe you could write to the FIFA ethics committee and complain.

The truth is, no one cares. FPATT have been trying for months to get this overturned. The only option left appears to be suing the federation. However, that takes money. FPATT haven't got any money and the players are currently funding their court case. Finally, even if it got to court and the players won, TTFF will probably have declared themselves bankrupt.

If that happens, FIFA would probably instruct the local confederation to appoint a new board. That means CONCACAF. That means Jack Warner. That means hello Mr Camps, and by the way, you're new job comes with a pay rise. 

Mind you, this is only my point of view.

If we can finally get people to hear us and investigate the current federation, I am positive they will order a change in personnel.

1]; } ?>