April 19, 2024, 02:40:53 PM

Author Topic: On the Jason Nelson issue...Palos  (Read 6011 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
On the Jason Nelson issue...Palos
« on: March 24, 2005, 09:38:04 AM »
I partly agree, but hold up with the lash    ;)
I didn't read all the Post, so I am not sure if this was covered.

Scenario: SH is coach of Canada U17. He have a partner in BC who he respect and well know football. So Canada U17 prepping for WC. and the team go be in BC. SH tell he pardner, he go be in town with the Team from Monday. He Pardner Palos say, "Boy, it have a youth here yuh must see, he reaaalll good. " No SH have plenty respect for Palos football observation eh, and besides SH know to compete on the World scene he really have to get the best he could get. He (sh) cannot afford to take the chance and let a possible contributor to the long haul fall thru the cracks. Plus breakfoot could happen anytime...
So SH tell Palos, get a contact for the boy, and we go have him come out and practice while we there, "buh note, ah dun have meh Team ahready, enh".
So the boy come out to drills and SH evaluate him for heself...and the boy looking good for truth....good attitude, good skill, good passing, good everything...buh SH dun have he team, and he know how dem go handle theyself under pressure, he see dem nuff times, and he know, judging from the results, is like he own nah ready, buh is the best he have...'How will this new youth handle heself under pressure boy?'...Go have to throw him in a game and see...Buh Sh cyar jus mash up he regular fellas/team to check this youth...

Well yuh see whey ah goin...
SH hasn't disrespected Palos, Palos hasn't disrespected SH, the Youth din get mamaguay (in case he blossom into a Ronaldo, ok...ok..ah long time Yorke), non of the players get diss, if we throw him in with ah Corbeau sweat...everybody Happy...

now the kicksin part

except maxg, Sam, vb, Triniman, Jumbie, an ah Canadian fan...
"How come SH only listening to Palos so boy" ..."Like is Palos coaching dah team"...."Canada U17, have 2 Trini coach now or wha"..."Dem men coulda be coachin Trini instead"..."Traitors" ..."True Canadians"...."Does guys  from Trinidad are sure accomadatin...eh?"

bottom line...
Cyar please everybody, so best yuh 'P---- Y-- S---'

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: On the Jason Nelson issue...Palos
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 09:44:19 AM »
Question

Is dat pracice match DE ONLY PRACTICE MATCH YUH HAVE 2 days before yuh World Cup qualifying match?  And not just de only practice match....but DE ONLY FLIKKIN PRACTICE MATCH SINCE YUH LAS WC QUALIFIER 42 DAYS AGO!!

Thanx.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 09:47:31 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 09:57:54 AM »
There are many coaches that I know if faced with the opportunity to see possible talent at such a critical time, would be so focused on prepartion, they would simply say - "for me to give him a good look I would have to arrange to see him at another time."  SIn my opinion seeing him three days before a WCQ will focus the coaches attention in the wrong direction if he is really trying to give the kid a good look.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 09:58:59 AM »
Leh we axe a coach seein dat it have coaches on dis board.

Yuh have 1 game before yuh World Cup qualifier

Dat games is de only game since yuh last World Cup Qualifier

Would you bring in or have you ever brought in a player at that stage of your preparation to "have a look to see how he go do in game conditions"?

Coaches come een.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 10:04:26 AM »
What level teams are these coaches coaching- panything below professional and National level is not comparing apples to apples?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 10:06:02 AM »
Yuh think it doh have professional and National team coaches dat does post on dis site?  Like yuh now reach or wha?

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 10:08:08 AM »
You are correct I just joined the site two weeks ago and do not know the indentity of anyone, I think that helps in as it relates to making unbiased comments.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 10:13:59 AM »
Palos, why you wasting all yuh energy beating this dead horse. We jokey!! Everybody know we jokey!! All de complain we complain like nuthin gettin better. Everytime we make a step forward... is 2 step back. Honestly I eh too mind the man get a sweat. If it was an isolated issue... but it is just symptomatic of our continued lack of professionalism.

World Cup Qualifiers and USA playing Colombia and Honduras, Mexico playing Argentina... and we have a closed door scrimmage... well yes!!

Let we just chill and support we country yes and when they say rag pull yuh rag!! Take ah jump and wave... wine up on a ting and forget we worries.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 10:31:07 AM »
if it was 3 mins the man really play what the big deal-better that than jones or shaka etc getting a bad knock. if it was more time than that then maybe i could see a case for uproar.
all this for a 3 min sweat- be thankfull the youth get to train with the squad hopefully he might become a new discovery and help in the future.  matter of fact BSC should continue to include new men, U-20 U-17 etc.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 10:42:47 AM »
The sentiments expressed by FF in his last sentence is why we are in this predicament.  And I guarantee you this discussion will be the same iduring the 2010 WCQ's if we do not change out attitude towards life.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 10:45:49 AM »
Palos, why you wasting all yuh energy beating this dead horse. We jokey!! Everybody know we jokey!! All de complain we complain like nuthin gettin better. Everytime we make a step forward... is 2 step back. Honestly I eh too mind the man get a sweat. If it was an isolated issue... but it is just symptomatic of our continued lack of professionalism.

World Cup Qualifiers and USA playing Colombia and Honduras, Mexico playing Argentina... and we have a closed door scrimmage... well yes!!

Let we just chill and support we country yes and when they say rag pull yuh rag!! Take ah jump and wave... wine up on a ting and forget we worries.

Yuh right.  Does pain meh to see de dotishness dat does be goin on.  Yuh would think ah would learn by now.

Oh well.

NC...welcome to de forum and sorry fuh de kinda harsh greetin.  As fuh yuh last post....if yuh bin around T&T football for any length a time and endure de straight out dotishness, frustration and disappointment dat does be part and parcel of bein a T&T football supporter, yuh would realise dat what FF say is essential fuh yuh overall well bein if yuh want to continue supportin yuh team.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 10:50:34 AM »

Yuh right.  Does pain meh to see de dotishness dat does be goin on.  Yuh would think ah would learn by now.

Oh well.

NC...welcome to de forum and sorry fuh de kinda harsh greetin.  As fuh yuh last post....if yuh bin around T&T football for any length a time and endure de straight out dotishness, frustration and disappointment dat does be part and parcel of bein a T&T football supporter, yuh would realise dat what FF say is essential fuh yuh overall well bein if yuh want to continue supportin yuh team.

Yeah NC... the lack of professionalism affecting our football team is widespread through all of Trinidad and Tobago. This vikie vie way we have of doing things. I realise this... most of us on this board realise this. My comments was just a tongue in cheek recommendation with which to keep yuh sanity.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 10:59:26 AM »
Question
Is dat pracice match DE ONLY PRACTICE MATCH YUH HAVE 2 days before yuh World Cup qualifying match............

That is a management issue, not a coach issue...Is not like the Coach refusing proper practice teams he got. We already see that the only person who can seemingly arrange any sembelence of a serious practice game is Jack. So we management woes hasn't change, but yuh cyar expect that to happen, If TD change, Coaches change, but is the same Management.

Palos, why you wasting all yuh energy beating this dead horse.etc...etc....

I don't think I can comment on lack of professionalism, when I mehself, jus wha wine on something when we win...shim, at my age ah learn not to wait for no event to pelt ah chook...is best a just enjoy everyday that come my way
buh ah still wha feel the vibe an try to understand wha some people wining or crying  bout.
Not a philosophy, meh nuh no philosopher, is jus ah understanding ting

Even if I myself doh particularly like the tune, should I deny anybody their pleasure to enjoy themselves with it...something bad unrelated to me happen, I ent go feel the pressure the victim experience....Sure I do..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 11:23:51 AM »
Question
Is dat pracice match DE ONLY PRACTICE MATCH YUH HAVE 2 days before yuh World Cup qualifying match............

That is a management issue, not a coach issue...Is not like the Coach refusing proper practice teams he got. We already see that the only person who can seemingly arrange any sembelence of a serious practice game is Jack. So we management woes hasn't change, but yuh cyar expect that to happen, If TD change, Coaches change, but is the same Management.

I disagree.  As coach you work with what you have.  If it's one practice game...so be it.  But as coach you concentrate on working with the selected team AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ESPECIALLY as it's only one practice match to work with.  It's no time to be testing out new players.  Yes....the Federation is to blame for lack of games but in this issue..that is a given.  Everybody already know that.  But yuh doh have to "complement" yuh Federation by bein unprofessional and making dotish decisions.  Instead of bein part of de solution, yuh (de coachin staff) contributin mightily to de problem.

But hey...allyuh like it so.  And den want to make all kinda excuse bout how we small...we eh have no money....we doh have resources like other teams....ad nauseum.  All dem kinda ting is true but it doh stop yuh from STRIVIN TO BE YUH BEST.  But nah.....leh we jes accept and support blind.  Wave we rag...wine on a ting....trow we hand in de air and doh feel no how.

ENT???

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 11:35:08 AM »
Palos, now yuh getting meh work up...

I want to know... how hard it is to pick up a phone and say:

"Mr. FA President, would El Salvador like to come for a game?
 No, ok fine. Have a good day"

"Mr. FA President... would Cuba/Venezuela/Haiti/shit man Belize/Nicaragua etc... would you like a game?"

March 22nd is ok with you. Right, I go fax yuh de details. Thank you..."

Yuh have to wait on Jack to do that?

We jokey!!

From scouting opposition, to scouting we own talent... to tactics, player selection, management, every which way yuh look at it... we jokey!!

But hey I supporting and praying for de flash in de pan yes! Is trinis out dey on de pitch! and after de game I go take ah wine regardless.. cuz it have other tings in life

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 11:58:20 AM »
PaLos'
 ah doh like it so, buh ah bet the coach doh like it so neither..I am not saying support blind, on the contrary, I am saying without actually being the Coach priest, we mus try to Understand wha he have to work with... I doubt the Youth just Run out in the Game, without actually being seen in the practice...
FF

So Cuba say yes we would like that practice game... Deal done right...
Wha we go practice by Internet or wha.. ;D

Yuh tink USA does jus call a practice and everybody show up?

We go spend 72000 US to fly in man jus for practice (drills & game), 36000 k to fly Cuba, cause they cyar come... etc...My management issue is not in not trying to get a practice game...that easy... Is not doing what is necessary to make it happen....raising funds...getting sponsors...making deals...

Doh get wuk up for Nuthen dealing with wha a individual say. 

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 12:15:31 PM »
In reference to Palos comments - I do not take things personal so you are alright.  I am quite aware of what is going on in Trinidad football and  and some of the things that we can do better.  I guess it is easier foir me to post the article below to show where I am on some of the issues - let me warn, it is a little long.

On Carnival Thursday, we all awoke to see two very interesting headlines in our daily newspapers relating to football in T&T — “Dwight Yorke is back” and “Bring back David Nakhid.”

Both headlines ignited a lot of discussion among Trinidadians and Tobagonians all around the world, as to whether or not football in T&T is heading in the right direction and that ultimately led to this response.

The individuals debating this topic are all supporters of our national teams, some of them former national players whose only desire is to see T&T participate at the highest level in football.

But that desire raises the question: Have the people responsible for football in T&T done everything possible over the last four years to ensure our qualification for the 2006 World Cup?

As I read both articles, it became apparent that the recent performance of the national team has caused panic among the T&T coaching staff. Hence the knee-jerk reaction of adding the individuals in question to the roster without considering the impact it would have — both short and long term — on the players who will be sacrificed, but more importantly the impact it would have on the game itself.

As Dwight Yorke is allowed to return, play and even be captain, what message would that send to our young players as it relates to what is acceptable behaviour?

While these comments are not intended to pass judgment on David Nakhid or Dwight, it is difficult for one to discern why it is that the coaching staff would introduce both players as members of the team six days before such an important match (with Dwight only being available from five days before).

It must also be mentioned that both individuals have not been playing at that level for more than six months. It leaves one to question whether or not we would be having this discussion if the team’s performance in the Digicel Cup and more recently against Haiti were up to par.

This introduction can only serve to do more harm than good, because of the timing and the fact that both players may not even be close to the type of fitness required to compete successfully at this level.

One immediate consequence was the addition of a third friendly against Haiti, which will conclude less than 72 hours before such an important match – apparently to accommodate those individuals at the expense of the entire team.

Our opponent, the US, started preparing for this match four years ago, hence the reason they would most likely earn three points from the game. For those of you who do not like the previous statement – the truth is often painful.

To put it in context, the T&T Under-20 team participated recently in the youth World Championships qualifiers and lost 6-1 to the United States and subsequently lost the other two matches to Costa Rica and Panama.

In preparation for that tournament the United States played more than 20 friendly internationals against teams from around the globe, including South America and Europe.

Our national team, in preparation for the same tournament, played a couple of matches against Cuba, and a couple against youth teams here in Trinidad.

I mention this only to highlight that the problem would not be solved by desperately introducing David and/or Dwight at this critical juncture, but a more thorough look at our culture and how it is affecting our ability to compete successfully in top flight football, together with working on a serious long term plan starting with the development of young players.

Currently our young players are being shipped to countries such as England, Scotland, Wales, America and Japan to play professional football. None of the countries mentioned above have enjoyed success in recent history, yet we continue to send our young players to those countries. Now, who benefits from this?

Some would argue that the agents luring these guys off to play second and third division football in some of the countries mentioned above are the sole beneficiaries.

As a country, are we benefiting from this? Are our players being properly developed as they ply their trade in some of the countries mentioned above, are they being equipped with the tools that allows them to return and compete for this country successfully?

I think we all know the answer to that, we have more players today than any other time in our history playing professional football overseas and we are unable to establish ourselves as a force to be reckoned with in international football.

In my humble opinion, we have two areas in which we need to focus on inorder to develop our young talent so that we can start qualifying for the youth World Cups, which would serve as a foundation for the senior team to qualify for the WC eventually.

First, we need to invest hard dollars in the development of football (Mr. Warner cannot do it alone), and we need to have our young talent play professionally in countries such as Argentina and Brazil so that they can truly learn the game of football and develop a culture about the game that is conducive to winning – second and third division in England and Scotland for example, is not the same as second and third division in Brazil and/or Argentina.

Finally, it was a little disconcerting to read in one of the articles mentioned above, again six days before such an important game, the following comparison made between David and the existing players. ”When I saw David play recently … his touch was very clean … much cleaner than any of the others. Nakhid had matched and surpassed all of the midfielders in the current squad.”

The previous comments could serve as a de-motivator to a team that appears to be trying their utmost best under what seems to be difficult circumstances. Most of us really hope that we can qualify for the 2006 WC; however, my fear is that if we do qualify, we would begin to believe that we had it right all the time.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 12:27:27 PM »
I dont mean to sound like I defending the TTFF but to be fair picking up the phone and calling people for a yes or no would be nice but it does not work that way.
 I have seen the logistics in track and field on the national and international stage and breddas it eh simple,worse again if you dont have second to none PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT!who can attract funds and worthwhile stake holders in the venture.Horrible management magnifies the problems eg TTFF,NAAA etc etc.
 T&T football have no MONEY ???we must understand that our financial capabilities and systems are not much more than say present day St Vincent football,management cannot attract sponsors and change the image of the game to the co-operate world.
 Could Oliver Camps or Ken Doldron run say DAMUS Contractors or a CL Financial company?Would they, have they ever been seen as top co-operate management material.....blasted NO :'(So how de hell they could run football or cricket to an international level like say a Ali Bacher of South African Cricket?
So we must not be fooled the task are by no way easy or simple.All that to say the chupidness that does go on is just the spin off of a hidden over flowing toilet :o
tell them it was me

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 12:31:16 PM »
So it is simple then, remove them and find more competent individuals - there are a lot of Trini's out there that is quite capable and willing to give it a shot.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 01:05:55 PM »
Nice article NC.  Just one thing.  If you repost an entire article you may need to at minimum provide the source e.g. Trinidad Express if you got it from there.

Normally, the way to do it is to post a link to the article.  You can provide quotes from the article but not repost the article in it's entirety.

This is more a legal thing with copyright etc as we don;t want the site to end up in some kind of litigation where articles are posted without permission.

I haven't seen that on this site myself but I post on other sites and that's the "netiquette" there.

I am no moderator or anything on this site so what I'm suggesting is merely my opinion based on experience elsewhere.

Easy and thanx for the article once again.

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 01:20:44 PM »
Sorry about that it was in the Guardian.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 02:55:23 PM »
Based on NC article, Ironman post(based on experience).
What is a TD or Coach to do? Quit or dream?

NC it have plenty people who can do the Job, buh they can't fathom the poliTRicKs associated. So they abstain....that is where, I believe they are wrong...
 Other than just football ability(I really don't know how good or bad he is), I admire St. Clair for making the effort in the Face of all who against him.
Even though he was embarrased (fired), even though he is lambased, even though he not getting the proper funding, or ideal situation...He still sit down on that hot seat when they called... Plenty 'Men' fraid that...or let personal grieviences deny us(T&T) their ability....That is one reason why I proud to call him my National Coach....

If his ability is lacking, or he can't get the JOB done, then let who better step forward, and wuk for the same monies and with the same BS and get the JOB dun nah!

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 04:57:33 PM »
If you study the situation carefully you would understand that the problem is with the admin, and not who the coach is - at least not at this point.  We belong and live on an island that is a very wealthy - can one provide a valid explanation as to why there is not money to support a legitimate program?  And please do not tell us the problem is the "Special Advisor".  I read somewhere is this forum where some said, according to FIFA rules the government cannot get to inspect the federation books therefore they will not invest in the program.  If all the parties involve put the game first, then they can more than come up with a way to work together - where there is transparency without violating any laws (if that is true).  We need some new young talent with new ideas in administration who can get things done. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 05:35:46 PM »
Agree NC...Yet I will take ah Old fella with ah Old idea if it is resourceful, practical and fruitful :D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2005, 05:50:34 PM »
So it is simple then, remove them and find more competent individuals - there are a lot of Trini's out there that is quite capable and willing to give it a shot.

O really, I will believe that when I see it.  How much the TTFF paying again???  Nuttin at all.  Allyuh doh know is volunteer work for plenty of them positions?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2005, 08:47:47 AM »
In reference to Palos comments - I do not take things personal so you are alright.  I am quite aware of what is going on in Trinidad football and  and some of the things that we can do better.  I guess it is easier foir me to post the article below to show where I am on some of the issues - let me warn, it is a little long.

On Carnival Thursday, we all awoke to see two very interesting headlines in our daily newspapers relating to football in T&T — “Dwight Yorke is back” and “Bring back David Nakhid.”

Both headlines ignited a lot of discussion among Trinidadians and Tobagonians all around the world, as to whether or not football in T&T is heading in the right direction and that ultimately led to this response.

The individuals debating this topic are all supporters of our national teams, some of them former national players whose only desire is to see T&T participate at the highest level in football.

But that desire raises the question: Have the people responsible for football in T&T done everything possible over the last four years to ensure our qualification for the 2006 World Cup?

As I read both articles, it became apparent that the recent performance of the national team has caused panic among the T&T coaching staff. Hence the knee-jerk reaction of adding the individuals in question to the roster without considering the impact it would have — both short and long term — on the players who will be sacrificed, but more importantly the impact it would have on the game itself.

As Dwight Yorke is allowed to return, play and even be captain, what message would that send to our young players as it relates to what is acceptable behaviour?

While these comments are not intended to pass judgment on David Nakhid or Dwight, it is difficult for one to discern why it is that the coaching staff would introduce both players as members of the team six days before such an important match (with Dwight only being available from five days before).

It must also be mentioned that both individuals have not been playing at that level for more than six months. It leaves one to question whether or not we would be having this discussion if the team’s performance in the Digicel Cup and more recently against Haiti were up to par.

This introduction can only serve to do more harm than good, because of the timing and the fact that both players may not even be close to the type of fitness required to compete successfully at this level.

One immediate consequence was the addition of a third friendly against Haiti, which will conclude less than 72 hours before such an important match – apparently to accommodate those individuals at the expense of the entire team.

Our opponent, the US, started preparing for this match four years ago, hence the reason they would most likely earn three points from the game. For those of you who do not like the previous statement – the truth is often painful.

To put it in context, the T&T Under-20 team participated recently in the youth World Championships qualifiers and lost 6-1 to the United States and subsequently lost the other two matches to Costa Rica and Panama.

In preparation for that tournament the United States played more than 20 friendly internationals against teams from around the globe, including South America and Europe.

Our national team, in preparation for the same tournament, played a couple of matches against Cuba, and a couple against youth teams here in Trinidad.

I mention this only to highlight that the problem would not be solved by desperately introducing David and/or Dwight at this critical juncture, but a more thorough look at our culture and how it is affecting our ability to compete successfully in top flight football, together with working on a serious long term plan starting with the development of young players.

Currently our young players are being shipped to countries such as England, Scotland, Wales, America and Japan to play professional football. None of the countries mentioned above have enjoyed success in recent history, yet we continue to send our young players to those countries. Now, who benefits from this?

Some would argue that the agents luring these guys off to play second and third division football in some of the countries mentioned above are the sole beneficiaries.

As a country, are we benefiting from this? Are our players being properly developed as they ply their trade in some of the countries mentioned above, are they being equipped with the tools that allows them to return and compete for this country successfully?

I think we all know the answer to that, we have more players today than any other time in our history playing professional football overseas and we are unable to establish ourselves as a force to be reckoned with in international football.

In my humble opinion, we have two areas in which we need to focus on inorder to develop our young talent so that we can start qualifying for the youth World Cups, which would serve as a foundation for the senior team to qualify for the WC eventually.

First, we need to invest hard dollars in the development of football (Mr. Warner cannot do it alone), and we need to have our young talent play professionally in countries such as Argentina and Brazil so that they can truly learn the game of football and develop a culture about the game that is conducive to winning – second and third division in England and Scotland for example, is not the same as second and third division in Brazil and/or Argentina.

Finally, it was a little disconcerting to read in one of the articles mentioned above, again six days before such an important game, the following comparison made between David and the existing players. ”When I saw David play recently … his touch was very clean … much cleaner than any of the others. Nakhid had matched and surpassed all of the midfielders in the current squad.”

The previous comments could serve as a de-motivator to a team that appears to be trying their utmost best under what seems to be difficult circumstances. Most of us really hope that we can qualify for the 2006 WC; however, my fear is that if we do qualify, we would begin to believe that we had it right all the time.

First to begin i like some of what you are saying, but too many assumptions are being made. Why do you assume Brazil and Argentina will want players from Trinidad & Tobago??? look at Sebra man calling for him to play for T&T and he cannot even make the first division in Brazil. This is further compounded by the fact that the majority of players in Brazil are making less that $150.00 US a week. Argentina is even worst.
The fact that many of our players are doing the trade in the countries you mentioned, has nothing to do with player development. They are offered a job and they grasp it. Its not like clubs lining up for these players. They make a fairly decent living and I for one am very happy for them since the truth is T&T football cannot sustain them. Playing for the National Team of T&T will not feed your children. Yes its and honor and you wear the shirt with pride, but history will show that it has little value to the individual. Lets face it its not like TTFF are investing in these players development. As you mentioned just look at teh U20 team. You think any of those players feel TTFF looking after their interest. Hell No! So once an opportunity comes along to earn some money doing something you love, and provide for your family you take. Trust me on that one! You know once a chance come in the box you take it first time or lay it off. Most of dem youths eh laying off.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2005, 09:23:21 AM »
I apprecaite your response.  No where in the document are the players being blamed for taking a job doing something they love.  While there may be some merits in what you are saying as it relates to being offered a job.  We have to at some point start looking at the bigger picture, which is, the TTFF can play a bigger role in providing opportunity for our young talent that will benefit both the country and the player as a whole.  There is no secret as to why 40% of Americas wealth is owned by Jews, who happen to be just about 4% of the population.  I am saying this only to say that your point of view, while I respect it only takes care of one individual and we continue to fail as a country. 

Let me be clear, the responsibality for success in football is placed squarely on the shoulders of the TTFF and the government.  We have to take care of our young talent, every other country in the world does.  Too often we do not provide adequate conditions for our athletes to excel, but when they do we are prepared to give then houses, cars and name things after them.  We are full of resources and if we begin to take care of our talent we will have many more Dwight & Latapy's. 

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 08:03:08 AM »
Most of us really hope that we can qualify for the 2006 WC; however, my fear is that if we do qualify, we would begin to believe that we had it right all the time.

I'm sorry the original author of the article was not stated. This was written before Beenhakker and never a truer word was spoken...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>