March 28, 2024, 03:36:32 PM

Author Topic: Silvio hoping to team-up with Yorke, Carlos and John at Sunderland  (Read 5795 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Silvio hoping to team-up with Yorke, Carlos & John at Sunderland.
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague).

W Connection midfielder Silvio Spann is very optimistic over his chances of joining English Premiership club Sunderland FC.
Spann who returned to Trinidad on Monday night together with W Connection teammate Jan Michael Williams from trials in England is heavily favoring his chances to join the ‘Black Cats’.
Prior to the three days he had spent with Sunderland last week, Spann was on trial at Sheffield United for two weeks together with goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams.
Speaking with ‘ttproleague.com’ the Trinidad and Tobago international said, “I fancy my chances more with Sunderland. I feel very confident of signing a contract.”
“I received a phone call from my agents on my return telling me of how impressed they were on my performances and that negotiations are continuing between them and the Premiership Club,” he said adding, “I am just praying and waiting patiently.”
Spann is also relishing the experience gained at both English clubs adding, “Unlike many of the trials I have been on, these were well organized. I have to say that I have gained a lot on these trials.”
He went on to add further, “When I got to Sheffield they were already into their pre-season. I have to say that their facilities were second to none,” he said adding, “But when I got to Sunderland it was much more organized. I enjoyed it a lot, having sessions with our very own Dwight Yorke and Stern John.”
“It’s refreshing when you can train alongside your countrymen. I saw it as a very nice experience although I was only there for three days. I really enjoyed the company of Carlos, Stern and Yorke.”
He was also honored to work with former Manchester United captain Roy Keene saying, “It was a real honor to train with Dwight Yorke again and under the watchful eyes of Roy Keene who needs no introduction.”
Silvio also went on to explain that Carlos Edwards the third T&T player in Sunderland squad wasn’t involved in training while at the club due to an injury, but was very influential in his time at the club.
“Sunderland’s training was at a higher level,” he said. “While at Sheffield it was more of a physical one,” explained the W Connection playmaker.
“In both sessions I had with Sunderland I was able to show Manager Roy Keene and the rest of the staff that I have a lot of quality and I am capable to play at Premiership level,” said Silvio.
Silvio also said that the Sunderland Manager assured to keep in touch with him after being impressed with his performance.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:25:02 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Silvio hoping to team-up with Yorke, Carlos and John at Sunderland
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 05:47:01 AM »
While I want Spann to get a contract, I don't think he would get much playing time in the Sunderland midfield.
Right now the starting left and right midfield spots are not available.
Whitehead basically have one central midfield spot under control.
But ah know Spann is versatile and could play as a wing back too so dat could still work in his favour.
If nothing else, Keane's reported interest will make other clubs interested as well.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 05:53:48 AM »
Well, I wish Silvio all de bess wid dis - but if de rumours are to be believed den Stern might not be at Sunderland much longer.  Would be nice to see the 4 Trinis complete a premiership season and do well :beermug: :beermug:
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:32:27 AM »
I would be surprised if he earned a contract after just two training sessions, but I could see him being called back for an extended trial where he can show himself in game situations.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »
I would be surprised if he earned a contract after just two training sessions, but I could see him being called back for an extended trial where he can show himself in game situations.

I with yuh on dat dey tallman but de fella was sure soundin kinda quite confident like he know something that we dont... Maybe he went and put down some bad-man defensive mid qualities and Keane see himself all over again. ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 08:12:46 AM »
If you were Spann's agent, what would you see as a better move for him
1) Signing on at Sunderland and spending the season on their premiership reserve squad
or
2) Going with a Championship team

with both scenarios make the assumption that he will be starting regularly and playing nuff minutets.

Im interested to know.

as for me I saw go with the Championship team.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
I would be surprised if he earned a contract after just two training sessions
They even had a couple pre-season games they coulda try him out in. And also a reserve game yesterday where they tried out a couple new players.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:20:29 AM »
I dunno... sounds alittle TOO good to be true.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »
I not sold on that Spann tends to lose concentration in games and he makes some silly mistakes at times. It would be great for him but i don't think Keane gonna pull four trinis in the team unless he let go stern...we just have to wait and see
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:44:50 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 07:29:42 PM »
1) Signing on at Sunderland and spending the season on their premiership reserve squad
or

with both scenarios make the assumption that he will be starting regularly and playing nuff minutets.

Im interested to know.

I going out on a limb here eh..but I doh feel most agents care too much about that. They listen to two things..what the client wants..and money. Most not there to nurture the player's career. Just a guess

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 07:58:09 PM »
or

Im interested to know.

I going out on a limb here eh..but I doh feel most agents care too much about that. They listen to two things..what the client wants..and money. Most not there to nurture the player's career. Just a guess

yuh need to come down off that limb, cause the question was about which of the two choices might be the better career path, and not about the agents duties or responsibilites.
Maybe i should have phrased it "If you were Spann..."

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:45:11 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 08:50:57 AM »
man who care bout playing time right now....take what yuh get and ride outta here....jess now the TTFF might start charging players to play in the PFL
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 09:00:01 AM »
or

Im interested to know.

yuh need to come down off that limb, cause the question was about which of the two choices might be the better career path, and not about the agents duties or responsibilites.

hey..I can't help it if you phrase the question foolishly. Next time, ask what you want..English is probably your first language, so come better next time. Real simple..just ask what is the better career move. In the meantime yuh stuck with what I believe are an agent's primary interests. But good luck with your attempts at being a smartass...so far you have it half right..and i doh mean the smart part

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:59 AM »
or

Im interested to know.

hey..I can't help it if you phrase the question foolishly. Next time, ask what you want..English is probably your first language, so come better next time. Real simple..just ask what is the better career move. In the meantime yuh stuck with what I believe are an agent's primary interests. But good luck with your attempts at being a smartass...so far you have it half right..and i doh mean the smart part

Im sorry if there were too many words for you, or maybe it was too taxing on yuh brain to respond from the point of view of Spann's agent, but I thought I helped out with that by listing the two available options in this hypothetical scenario, I guess Reading Is Not Always Fundamental.
But you made good use of the two weeks it took you to respond, you response was full of biting wit and sarcasm
so far you have it half right..and i doh mean the smart part
...ouch!

Chirs Rock ladies and gentlemen!!!

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »
or

Im interested to know.

Im sorry if there were too many words for you, or maybe it was too taxing on yuh brain to respond from the point of view of Spann's agent, but I thought I helped out with that by listing the two available options in this hypothetical scenario, I guess Reading Is Not Always Fundamental.
But you made good use of the two weeks it took you to respond, you response was full of biting wit and sarcasm
so far you have it half right..and i doh mean the smart part
...ouch!

Chirs Rock ladies and gentlemen!!!

;D ;D heheh..good kix...

Truth is, I saw the question more as..'if you were his agent, what would you do' - not 'what is the better career move'. Since I don't necessarily think there is much of a link between the average agent's motives and the player's best interest, I was more prone to interpret it as the former. I guess I assumed that noone would really combine the two....If you cannot see now how your wording was open to interpretation..then you're right..reading is not fundamental afterall  ;) I was just saying that the average agent will do whatever his client says while trying to chase the bigger money (if what the cleint wants and the big money lead to a better career move, then the player is lucky). It was a straight answer..not trying to be faceatious..also was the only answer to your question for quite some time..so imagine my surprise when I got a less than friendly response...heheh

Anyway..I'd go with playing time on a Championship team starting 11 over starting for an EPL reserve team at Spann's age. Having said that...I pray he signs for Sunderland

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:53 AM »
No disrespect intended at all, but i just have to wonder somtimes what's the average age of the ppl on this board. yuh see, every time i see a post that might brighten my day , it's almost allways over run by an anarguement of some sort. men tring to out do each other like school boys, common dread, stop that and lewwe deal wid the good news nah man. it's really really a negative image/vibe that trives on strife.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 10:13:30 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 11:57:53 AM »
No disrespect intended at all, but i just have to wonder somtimes what's the average age of the ppl on this board. yuh see, every time i see a post that might brighten my day , it's almost allways over run by an anarguement of some sort. men tring to out do each other like school boys, common dread, stop that and lewwe deal wid the good news nah man. it's really really a negative image/vibe that trives on strife.

I cant speak for Filho,but I will be 36 in a few weeks, but I hear what you saying bout some of the threads but I dont see all the so called arguements as such a bad thing, I does look forward to seeing some men go back on forth on topics.
But too often in lieu of actually facts and intelligence it does jus disintegrate into cussing and personal attacks, however I think we managed to keep this one out of the gutter.

I would also choose a Championship team over an EPL reserve squad.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

I cant speak for Filho,but I will be 36 in a few weeks, but I hear what you saying bout some of the threads but I dont see all the so called arguements as such a bad thing, I does look forward to seeing some men go back on forth on topics.
But too often in lieu of actually facts and intelligence it does jus disintegrate into cussing and personal attacks, however I think we managed to keep this one out of the gutter.

I would also choose a Championship team over an EPL reserve squad.

Breds..I tort I gave a pretty decent response to mr Mcs question..the only response too. I was honestly trying to add to the topic..no sarcasm nutten. Turns out I interpreted his question differently from how he meant it and he tort I was being smart. So we throw a lil' old talk, but he clearly not on no small man scene, no cussin', didn't get personal...I find his retorts was actually funny so i brush it aside and for good measure, I answered the question the way he meant it and offer him a couple  :beermug: :beermug: So like Mr MC said..we kept it out the gutter and as far as I see..everything cool. Nutten wrong if people disagree on the board..but sometimes things get way out of hand (i've been there)..this was not one of those times

respek  :beermug:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 06:33:02 PM »
I like de vibes on Silvio. Train hard Silvio and get to maximum fitness breds and good luck breddah. Also de more players we get evacuated out of T&T, de less de pool dat Jackula will find fuh exploitation of dey hungry belly in his quest to backstab and alienate de Germany warriors. Spannos, Densil, Jan, Scotty eh go need to accep' Jackula bribe once dey have good food on de table wit' a secure foreign-base contrac'.

Jacklula eh bringin' dem to their knees but it go be Jackula begging   >:( and trying to put a spin on tings.

Carlos, if yuh reading dis....Do not accept any bribe/favours or divide and conquer offers from Jackula unless Sancho, Jack, Stern, Jones, Ince an' de rest give yuh de ok. Yuh hear ??????!!!!!!  >:( >:(  Right !
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 07:06:55 AM »
With Carlos Edwards (hip) and Greg Halford (hamstring) injured, 2 right wing players Keane should look to sign Spann asap....  he has no quality replacements !!!!!

Grant Leadbitter (knee njury) also out...

Carlos start training yesterday, but still un-sure for Saturday's game against Spurs !!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:14:15 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 08:14:09 AM »
Silvio ent no spring chicken (by football standards) so to me EPL will be the best thing to happen for him. As far as agents negotiations , if was me as long as I getting a decent wage that really reflects what I'm worth by EPL standards then sign on the dotted line. After that is all up to the individual and how hard he wants to work.

Better to start at the bottom of the top than somewhere in the bottom because if yuh fall is to the top of the bottom (figure that out)
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 03:42:11 PM »
I have a slight but sure feeling that silvio will get a contract BELIEVE ME watch and see!!!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 04:17:51 PM »
I have a slight but sure feeling that silvio will get a contract BELIEVE ME watch and see!!!!

Boy dat will be amazing ...Four Trini on de same premiership team.....if dat happen, I go hadda say to hell wit fashion and wear one ah dem cotton candy striped juzzy in trute

Question for the encyclopedias?...would that set a precedent?

Has there ever been four internationals on one premiership squad before?.......excluding the english of course
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:21:03 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 04:35:30 PM »
Of Course

Off the top of my head....Arsenal/France

Wiltord,Henry,Pires,Vieira,Petit

Liverpool had plenty Spanish last yr too.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 09:23:07 PM »
Jabloteh have real trini on the team....lol
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
Spann is still on trial at Sunderland. Apparently he trained with them this morning. Here are a few comments made about him by the Sunderland fans. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just back from training - Craig Gordon OMG!

Well there's only one place to start - Gordon looks an absolute cracking 'keeper. Pulled off save after save in the 11 a side game some from point blank range. It took a clinical Connolly finish to beat him in a 1-1 draw.
If he as good as he looked today it will only be a matter of time before comparisons with the Great Dane Peter Schmeichel are made.
Other points of note. Centre half pairings: McShane and Nos one one side - Anderson and Varga on the other. Read into that what you will.
Wallace played Left Back on the McShane Nos team. I think it was Michael Kay at RB.
Trialist with the dreads - anyone know who it was? Players were calling him 'Sam' or Spann'. Surely not Kuffour as he played right wing.
Also Fulop and WArd each played a half in the practice game, Fulop letting a soft one in (Chopra) while Ward made an excellnt save.
Players that caught the eye:

Gordon
Nos
Murphy (enjoyed a great battle with McShane)
Edwards looked pretty fit to me.
Richardson looked Classy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Chopra is indeed a definite, but Connolly certainly isn't. Infact I'd go as far as to say he is least likely out of all of our strikers to start on Saturday - that including Stern John
I'd be suprised though if it wasn't Chopra and Murphy up front on Sat (unless the Mido thing comes off quickly).
As for this Spann fella, I thought he was terrible in the friendly against Hartlepool earlier in the week. Half-arsed and soft as shite, up against Matty Robson at LB for 'Pool who as far as I'm aware is primarily a left-winger?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=258103
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »
 Well boy spanner, you get what yuh put in.as far as these english fans goes, they seem kinda rude wid ah mean streak to them. I rather if he was at sheffield UTD so he could get time to adjust to that style of play.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 01:34:42 AM »
Well boy spanner, you get what yuh put in.as far as these english fans goes, they seem kinda rude wid ah mean streak to them. I rather if he was at sheffield UTD so he could get time to adjust to that style of play.

I doh take on what no one man in a forum say about a player performance after seeing how some people lack objectivity...

Personally, though I doh think Silvio ready for the prem right about now; I doh think he was ready yet before the qualifiers and now  seeing that long lay off from professional foot ball prior to the World Cup doubled with the injury and then his stint in the PFL. That said, is up to him to prove me wrong.

He won't ah get the trial if somebody didn't see a chance for potential in him.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>