March 28, 2024, 11:51:06 PM

Author Topic: Carolina Morace Thread  (Read 11074 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carolina Morace Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2017, 03:28:03 PM »
IF that is true then she need to follow Saint Fiet!!
weren't you one of those who was touting her accomplishments and saying that she'd be a good fit?????? just to remind you....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »
Morace: My players have smiles on their faces; W/Warriors coach plays down absences.
Wired868.Com.

“First of all, here the mood is good because we are in a beautiful hotel and it’s the first time that the players are staying together since we began training,” Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Senior Team head coach Carolina Morace told the TTFA Media. “We are doing some team building that helps the players to get to know each other better and they are appreciative of that.”

If there was any fallout from the abrupt departures of former captain Maylee Attin-Johnson, talented winger Ahkeela Mollon and three-time Player of the Year Kennya “Yaya” Cordner, Morace did not hint at it as she painted a rosy picture of her current team camp.

The Women Soca Warriors face Venezuela from 4pm on Sunday at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva for their first international affair under the high profile Italian coach.

The suspensions of Attin-Johnson and Cordner, which followed Mollon’s self-imposed exile, caused some disquiet among local football fans. And there were fingers pointed towards Morace’s sometimes fractious relationship with players during a previous stint as Canada coach.

In response, Morace depicted her team camp as a love fest.

“It’s good to see them all day—and all speaking and laughing together,” said Morace. “That is a very good thing. I am happy about that because a team actually becomes a team when the players to come everyday to the field with a smile and to want to come to us coaches and enjoy the training.

“I was a player before so I know how important it is for the player to have a lot of involvement. They play because they play for each other, they are friends on the field and they want to represent the country in the best way possible.”

The Women Warriors have the benefit of an unprecedented two and a half year programme leading up to the France 2019 World Cup. It is likely to be an easier journey if the coach has Cordner, Mollon and Attin-Johnson on her side.

But, for now, Morace is focusing on the players in her camp. And she says they are getting better.

“The players are looking forward to this match just as a verification to see where they are at […] and to see where we are at,” said Morace. “It’s normal that the players training with us everyday will know better about the movement that I want from them but also the players who are now joining us I can see they are very focused also.

“It is important that they understand the need for that.”

The Italian coach suggested that the Warriors have not yet attained the physical levels necessary to implement her preferred style of play. However, she insisted that the players and staff are anxious to gauge their progress against Venezuela.

“We are working on timing, on ball possession and how we must play when we have the ball and, in non-ball possession, we will play zonal,” she said. “Of course the coaches before may have had a different style. We will try to have strong team in defence when we do not have the ball and then be ready to attack when we are in possession of the ball.

“We know that we are not in the best physical condition right now, so we have to decide if we have to attack high or whether it’s better in an intermediate way. Our staff is working hard in the camp every day to have the players ready. We are all curious and all excited to play these two games.”

Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela meet from 4pm on Sunday and then from 7pm on Wednesday 29 March at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Tickets cost TT$100 (covered) and TT$50 (uncovered) and will be sold at the match venue on game day.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 08:44:30 AM »
weren't you one of those who was touting her accomplishments and saying that she'd be a good fit?????? just to remind you....

No need to remind me as I haven't forgotten, however, I'm pretty sure I never said "she'd be a good fit". If I did then I'll be the first to put up mih and hand and say "My bad, ah make a out dey!" I felt she was a good coach based on her achievements and I felt some fellas was unfairly crying down her achievements. I believe in the program that was put in place and what it's attempting to achieve. Many of us on here have been asking for exactly that.  The woman has solid credentials and I feel she deserved a chance to put her program in place and see what she could achieve. If it work great, if not, so long. This should not be surprising.

Also, I have no problem with a coach demanding excellence and professionalism from their players, however, I do take issue with a coach who regularly denigrates their players. I doh put up with that. And that's why I said "if it's true she needs to go". We doh need that! I'm also aware that there is a fine line between criticism and denigration. So, I'm hoping that this was more a misunderstanding and that something can be done to resolve the situation for the better of the Women's program. If, however, there's no misunderstanding and she's in the wrong... well, I said it already!

Just to clarify!

:beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »

No need to remind me as I haven't forgotten, however, I'm pretty sure I never said "she'd be a good fit". If I did then I'll be the first to put up mih and hand and say "My bad, ah make a out dey!" I felt she was a good coach based on her achievements and I felt some fellas was unfairly crying down her achievements. I believe in the program that was put in place and what it's attempting to achieve. Many of us on here have been asking for exactly that.  The woman has solid credentials and I feel she deserved a chance to put her program in place and see what she could achieve. If it work great, if not, so long. This should not be surprising.

Also, I have no problem with a coach demanding excellence and professionalism from their players, however, I do take issue with a coach who regularly denigrates their players. I doh put up with that. And that's why I said "if it's true she needs to go". We doh need that! I'm also aware that there is a fine line between criticism and denigration. So, I'm hoping that this was more a misunderstanding and that something can be done to resolve the situation for the better of the Women's program. If, however, there's no misunderstanding and she's in the wrong... well, I said it already!

Just to clarify!

:beermug:
:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
MORACE'S POST-MATCH COMMENTS AFTER 0-0 DRAW WITH VENEZUELA
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »
MORACE'S POST-MATCH COMMENTS AFTER 0-0 DRAW WITH VENEZUELA
Trinidad & Tobago Football Association
Published on 26 Mar 2017

T&T Senior Women's Head Coach Carolina Morace speaks after 0-0 draw with Venezuela in international friendly at Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday - TTFA Media TV

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-SUaw8aS5M4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-SUaw8aS5M4</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
Good job by the president showing up [even a broken clock is right twice a day]. I wish these warriors the best. Hang in there for the nation please. we support you 100%. I think the lady have a lot to teach [i don't think anybody denying that] that will irreversibly lift the program to a top level. even after she is gone the physios, players and all the staff around will know what top is about. the only sad part is that it is on the backs of these current players, so is good for people like the president to pop in and show the ladies our support [fans could show it too]. I think she will soften too when she see how we love up we women [and don't think of them like ironmen].

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »
Excellent questions Shaun

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2017, 06:46:04 AM »
Apparently the players were prohibited from attending the men's match last night.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2017, 03:23:43 AM »
Non-payment of salaries by TTFA...Morace and staff hit the exit.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T’s Italian head coach of women’s football Carolina Morace is abandoning the once-promising local women’s programme, reportedly over three and a half month’s unpaid wages.

Reports are that Morace’s contract and those of her entire staff were “terminated by just cause,” and a letter with indication of that was sent to the T&T Football Association (TTFA) some time late last week. Morace broke the news to her players and local staff on Friday.

When contacted yesterday, TTFA communications manager Shaun Fuentes told Guardian Media Sports that the association’s president David John Williams has declined comment on the matter until he has been properly advised and met with the FA’s board of directors. Fuentes said an official statement would be made within the coming week.

The highly-qualified Morace was brought into the position with much fanfare along with a cadre of her own hand-picked coaches on December 7, 2016, including fellow Italians Manuela Tessa who has also since walked away from the job as head coach of the under 17 team and Elisabetta Bavagnoli. Morace also employed Englishwoman Nicola Williams as her senior team assistant and under 20 head coach. The quartet of coaches officially started duties in February of this year.

Williams (N) told Guardian Media Sports yesterday: “It was not something that we wanted to do, but rather something that we had to do.”

“We kept on giving them notice of the non-payment of salaries until we decided to give the TTFA a period of 15 days to pay, but they still did not respond, so we did what we had to do. It is sad.” Williams explained.

She made it clear however that their decision will now be followed by legal actions to recover the monies owed to them.

John Williams, when asked in March, told the media that monies to pay for the Women’s programme would come from the CONCACAF subvention and boasted of his administration’s prudent management of funds received from the world governing body for football—FIFA.

One source close to the women’s programme, speaking to Guardian Media Sports under the condition of strict anonimity hoped that there is an alternative resolution, saying: “At this time it is (beyond reconciliation) and I don’t know if the authorities could or if they want to reconcile.

“ I think Carolina is very open because it is not something that they want to do but because of circumstances, they are forced to.”

The departure of the overseas-based coaches has thrown the women’s programme into disarray with the T&T U-17s due to kick off their campaign in the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Qualifiers at the end of August and the country to host the U-20 CONCACAF Qualifiers in January.

The Guardian Media Sports source added: “When they told the team, I don’t think there was a dry eye in the room including them. That is to tell you how hard it was to make the decision. She does not want to leave.”

Morace is a former Italy international player and coached Canada’s senior women’s team at the 2011 World Cup and also holds a law degree.

Her previous job before coming to T&T was as Technical Director Men’s National Premier League Club Floreat Athena FC in Western Australia.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA mum on departure of women’s coach Morace.
T&T Newsday Reports.

THE TRINIDAD and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) are remaining mum on a report on local sports website Wired 868, which stated that Italian- born Carolina Morace has left her roles as both coach of the national women’s team and head of the TT Women’s Team Programme.

“There is nothing further to say, so you’ll have to go with whatever you have,” said TTFA director of communications Shaun Fuentes, when contacted for a comment last evening.

“The TTFA (are) unable to comment on that matter at this time.” According to the report, Morace allegedly informed the TT FA on Friday that she was leaving her post after six months, apparently over a lack of payment of salaries for herself and her assistant, English-born Australian Nicola Williams.

In January, at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, the TTFA announced a new coaching regime for the women’s team, headed by Morace, and including Williams, Elisabetta Bavagnoli and Manuela Tesse.

However, Bavagnoli and Tesse quit their roles a couple months later, while Morace and Williams have decided to leave their posts.

TTFA president David John-Williams and general secretary Justin Latapy-George were unavailable for comment yesterday.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:28:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
Shameless. I just Jamaal Shabaaz and he wife go be coach now.

Just now Dennis Lawrence go walk to and Stuart Charles Forever go be coach and assisted by Latapy and Lewis

By to Jack Warner days.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2017, 06:54:01 PM »
Shameless. I just Jamaal Shabaaz and he wife go be coach now.

Just now Dennis Lawrence go walk to and Stuart Charles Forever go be coach and assisted by Latapy and Lewis

By to Jack Warner days.

Dennis Lawrence i wonder .. does he get paid also ??/
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2017, 12:03:26 PM »
This is the same nonsense over and over and over again. Do we have anybody with business savvy, commonsense on financial issues and who could do accounting?
This is insane.  If we don't have money why write contracts!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2017, 04:19:05 PM »
Shabazz is de new coach .... all de teams  :banginghead:

1]; } ?>