April 19, 2024, 03:35:22 AM

Author Topic: Goalkeeping Central: All About the GK's  (Read 19683 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goalkeeping Central: All About the GK's
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »
Remove Valdez name from this list.  Seen too many blunders from him, think if he were at a team that would constantly be on the defensive you would see even more, but that of course is my opinion.  Glad Tenors see the quality in Hart, man having a beyond boss season, bless

Lol.... :rotfl: :rotfl: Valdes was poor with his feet versus Real, but he did make some stunning saves later in the game.  What surprises me with Guardiola is that he does not give the back-up GK any time in goal.  The Club Championship would have been a good time to rest Valdes a bit, but he chose not to.  Valdes has grown into a solid 'keeper; he was not a prodigy like Casillas and Buffon.

Pinto does get play in de Copa del Rey.....otherwise he unrelaible because he always gettin' sent orff.... :rotfl:  I agree that Valdes was not a prodigy like them other two legends but I have always had faith in his abilities.  He is a solid 'keeper and he has cut down his blunders to a minimum over the years.  That error he made in the clasico the other day is not the first one of it's kind that he's made.  But going back to the first of their run of CL Trophies, he has ALWAYS come up big in the big games. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
always difficult to evaluate, because some keepers playing behind weak defenses and are dealing with shots and crosses, far more than others.

However, their are several besides the obvious that need to be considered
IMHO
Stekelenburg   Holland - Roma
Lloris              France - Lyon
Valdes            Barca - Spain
Amelia            Italy - Milan
Muslera          Uruguay - Galatasaray

Yep.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 07:47:29 AM »
Casillas and Buffon have made their own fair share of blunders, all keepers go through that. I remember Casillas against Betis just watch a Betis player, 10 yards from him and roll a pass to him.  Who could forget Buffon gaff vs Inter? So it go!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »
Casillas and Buffon have made their own fair share of blunders, all keepers go through that. I remember Casillas against Betis just watch a Betis player, 10 yards from him and roll a pass to him.  Who could forget Buffon gaff vs Inter? So it go!

Yep, the very best make mistakes.  Point is, that they don't do it often, so it stands out when it happens.  Then, you have the next level of keeprs that will make a mistake every 3-5 games.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Niccola Leali....one of the huge young talents in italy...not just goalkeeping but football in general..18-y.o....we paid 5mil for him from brescia and will join in June...with tutoring from Buffon, kid will be huge..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-fS0dq2cqX8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-fS0dq2cqX8</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2011, 03:10:30 AM »
Niiice...

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2011, 07:36:59 AM »
Lindegaard targets United No. 1 spot

ESPNsoccernet staff
December 23, 2011

Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard has reiterated his belief that he can usurp David De Gea as he club's No. 1, having kept five clean sheets in six games this season.

- Jones fit to face Wigan

Lindegaard, 27, has proved himself an able deputy when called upon, producing a series of impressive displays - the latest of which came in Wednesday's 5-0 victory over Fulham.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has thus far relied on £18 million summer signing De Gea for his side's big games, but Lindegaard hopes it won't be long before he is the man thrust into the spotlight.

"I hope I am giving the manager a problem,'' Lindegaard told MUTV. "In 10 matches nobody will remember any of the saves, they will remember the statistics.

"I have played five games in a row without letting a goal in. That is a very beautiful stat and one I am very happy with.''

Ferguson's side have registered six wins and a draw following that Old Trafford massacre and remain just two points adrift of their local rivals, with Lindegaard confident the Red Devils can exert even more pressure in the coming weeks.

"City are already under real pressure,'' Lindegaard said. "We have performed well since that defeat. We can only blame ourselves for what happened in the Champions League, but apart from that we have played some really good games.

"United have a tradition for being strong in the winter programme and in the spring so it is going to be a very tight to decide who will be champions.''

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said earlier, Lindegaard has nothing to hurt his claim for the #1 jersey. Five clean sheets in 6 games this season is outstanding.  I take it Sir Alex will say De Gea is the first choice, but it's a healthy situation to have.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:40:55 AM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
Well boy, Sir Alex has an executive decision to make.  He needs to stick with one GK, going forward.  He was probably expecting a positive reaction by giving Lindegaard the nod as the #1, saying that he was the more experienced of the two, but Lindegaard has been a bit shaky too.  De Gea's weakness has been cross balls, and Sir Alex may very well be trying to protect his young, 18-mil investment, who should ultimately be the longterm heir to the shirt.  Maybe, he has to let De Gea go through his period of trial and let him garner the confidence he needs.  Putting him on the bench, then recalling him, could damage his already fragile confidence.  Will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

giggsy11

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »

Next rivalry-Arsenal keeper vs United keeper. Who all yuh taking in the next two years? Yuh know who I backin!

http://youtu.be/ioSF3Huq8io

giggsy11

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »
This training session is for you Chow!

http://youtu.be/Df91ez1z7I0

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 08:16:50 PM »

Working Hard, didnt know he had a youtube channel, his frame reminds me of edwin.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »

Working Hard, didnt know he had a youtube channel, his frame reminds me of edwin.

Thanks, Giggsy.  I had mentioned on a thread many, many, many moons ago that if you really want to see GKs do some impressive isht, go and watch them train.  I saw Clayton Ince save a string of penalties taken by coach Vranes that blew my mind.  I have a Frans Hoek training tape that highlighted the Ajax team when Van der Saar was still a backup to Stanley Menzo and the work them men was putting in would blow your mind, too.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2012, 03:58:33 PM »
Another goalkeeping excursion. Watch from about 2:10. From this past weekend's Mexican League.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/w/v/2eVrG0dh2sI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/w/v/2eVrG0dh2sI</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »
Another goalkeeping excursion. Watch from about 2:10. From this past weekend's Mexican League.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/w/v/2eVrG0dh2sI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/w/v/2eVrG0dh2sI</a>

:rotfl: I eh know where d hell he was goin' wit he dotish self! :rotfl:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »

Thanks, Giggsy.  I had mentioned on a thread many, many, many moons ago that if you really want to see GKs do some impressive isht, go and watch them train.  I saw Clayton Ince save a string of penalties taken by coach Vranes that blew my mind.  I have a Frans Hoek training tape that highlighted the Ajax team when Van der Saar was still a backup to Stanley Menzo and the work them men was putting in would blow your mind, too.

I think I've seen the one with a young Van Der Sar.  De fellas was doing some real advanced goalkeeping training.  Pulling down crosses and trying to jump start the offence by half volleying into a goal place way up the field.  My GK coach always used to say, GKs must work harder in training than games, because gametime is all about just putting it into play.  While you need the match days, it is training where you raise your technical base and really grow as a GK.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 09:01:38 AM »
Just in case you eh know...De Gea has an eye defect which makes him generally nearsighted. Due to do surgery at the end of the season.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 09:43:54 AM »
Just in case you eh know...De Gea has an eye defect which makes him generally nearsighted. Due to do surgery at the end of the season.

Read that a while aback.  Right now, he wears contacts, but they don't want to leave one stone unturned in getting this youth up to speed.  Not a surprise, after you invest 18 mil on  GK.  They are supposedly trying to have him gain one stone in weight.  He needs that for the EPL.  Will have to learn to take the knocks when going up in that crowded box with men all over him.  Definitely not Spain.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 10:46:39 AM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1125655/david-james:-man-city's-joe-hart-is-the-world's-best-goalkeeper?cc=5901

James: Hart the world's best keeper

Former England No. 1 David James believes there is no better goalkeeper in the world today than Joe Hart.

Hart, 25, has established himself as first-choice for club and country over the past two years, with the Manchester City keeper replacing James between the posts for England after the 2010 World Cup.

The former Shrewsbury Town man was named in the Premier League Team of the Season in 2011-12 and has emerged as one of the most highly rated keepers in Europe.

Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon and Real Madrid's Iker Casillas, the latter of whom won his third successive major tournament as Spain captain at Euro 2012, are widely regarded as the world's best at present but veteran James - who has played more than 1,000 games in his career - believes Hart is even better.

"I watch a lot of European football, and I can't think of a keeper who's impressed me more [than Hart]," James said. "For example, Iker Casillas has amazing reflexes, but he has trouble with crosses and he's average with the ball at his feet.

"Gianluigi Buffon is excellent at stopping mid-range shots and at positioning himself, but his kicking game is not what it should be. Joe, meanwhile, is good at all these things, which makes him the most complete keeper playing at present."

Asked who he regarded as the best keeper in the world, James said: "For years, Buffon was my favourite, but now it's Joe Hart. I think that Gianluigi is still an extraordinary goalie, but he's had a lot of injuries and that has caused his level to drop somewhat."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James drink some glad juice.   Coming now to blight de man's progress.  Hart is Mr. Consistent.  He makes few errors, and has the knack to make the big save, after periods of inactivity.  His allround game is solid, but I think he needs another season, and must stand up to the scrutiny of playing in the Champions League again, before we even put him up there with Buffon, Casillas, Cech, and company.  He's even below Lloris, if you ask me.  Problem with the English is that they always want to rate up their players too fast, and put pressure on them. 

On another note, looks like Milan sniffing Brazil's Olympic keeper Rafael, although they have denied it.  Saw the youth vs. the US and was hugely impressed by his poise, sharp reflexes, and positioning.  If he keeps this up, he may well push Julio Caesar for the #1 jersey come 2014.  Caesar has dropped off a bit.  He was at one time being mentioned with Buffon and Casillas, but not sure what's going on with him right now.  He didn't have a good season for Inter. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
James drink some glad juice.   Coming now to blight de man's progress.  Hart is Mr. Consistent.  He makes few errors, and has the knack to make the big save, after periods of inactivity.  His allround game is solid, but I think he needs another season, and must stand up to the scrutiny of playing in the Champions League again, before we even put him up there with Buffon, Casillas, Cech, and company.  He's even below Lloris, if you ask me.  Problem with the English is that they always want to rate up their players too fast, and put pressure on them. 

On another note, looks like Milan sniffing Brazil's Olympic keeper Rafael, although they have denied it.  Saw the youth vs. the US and was hugely impressed by his poise, sharp reflexes, and positioning.  If he keeps this up, he may well push Julio Caesar for the #1 jersey come 2014.  Caesar has dropped off a bit.  He was at one time being mentioned with Buffon and Casillas, but not sure what's going on with him right now.  He didn't have a good season for Inter. 

Not only he drink glad juice.  He smoke some glad herb and sniff some glad powder, too.  Hart really IS good, he's the best England has had in a while.  But he still not on Casillas and Buffon level......I doh see how he could say Buffon's injuries have affected his form or his class.  The only thing different about Buffon is the fact that he seems a little gaunt since coming back. Nothing else.  While I am not one to agree that every GK has to prove over time that he is "World Class" (men like Buffon, Casillas, Neuer was that from very early) I would put Hart in that category, but he hasn't been consistent enough for long enough to be put above them two men.  I also agree that he might not even be better than Lloris, either. 

I dunno what goin' on with Cesar....I think maybe he does need somebody to push and challenge him.  Ever since Inter's season of success where he was given that "World's No.1" label, he just seems to have become disinterested....his body language has been very poor this past season and he really has been looking like he just wasn't trying any more.  I could be wrong but dize how it look to me.       

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »

On another note, looks like Milan sniffing Brazil's Olympic keeper Rafael, although they have denied it.  Saw the youth vs. the US and was hugely impressed by his poise, sharp reflexes, and positioning. If he keeps this up, he may well push Julio Caesar for the #1 jersey come 2014.  Caesar has dropped off a bit.  He was at one time being mentioned with Buffon and Casillas, but not sure what's going on with him right now.  He didn't have a good season for Inter.

Not only he drink glad juice.  He smoke some glad herb and sniff some glad powder, too.  Hart really IS good, he's the best England has had in a while.  But he still not on Casillas and Buffon level......I doh see how he could say Buffon's injuries have affected his form or his class.  The only thing different about Buffon is the fact that he seems a little gaunt since coming back. Nothing else.  While I am not one to agree that every GK has to prove over time that he is "World Class" (men like Buffon, Casillas, Neuer was that from very early) I would put Hart in that category, but he hasn't been consistent enough for long enough to be put above them two men.  I also agree that he might not even be better than Lloris, either. 

I dunno what goin' on with Cesar....I think maybe he does need somebody to push and challenge him. Ever since Inter's season of success where he was given that "World's No.1" label, he just seems to have become disinterested....his body language has been very poor this past season and he really has been looking like he just wasn't trying any more.  I could be wrong but dize how it look to me.      

It was since the 2010 WC when he made a mistake vs the Dutch. Up until this point he was labled the World's best during Inter's treble season. I believe he lost all his confidence, because i remember after the match he gave an interview where he was very emotional and took the responsibility for the loss, he was so shaken everyone could see it. Then he returned to Inter and had an average season. He went to the Copa last yr and was terrible. Then was below average this season again.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »

On another note, looks like Milan sniffing Brazil's Olympic keeper Rafael, although they have denied it.  Saw the youth vs. the US and was hugely impressed by his poise, sharp reflexes, and positioning. If he keeps this up, he may well push Julio Caesar for the #1 jersey come 2014.  Caesar has dropped off a bit.  He was at one time being mentioned with Buffon and Casillas, but not sure what's going on with him right now.  He didn't have a good season for Inter.

I dunno what goin' on with Cesar....I think maybe he does need somebody to push and challenge him. Ever since Inter's season of success where he was given that "World's No.1" label, he just seems to have become disinterested....his body language has been very poor this past season and he really has been looking like he just wasn't trying any more.  I could be wrong but dize how it look to me.      

It was since the 2010 WC when he made a mistake vs the Dutch. Up until this point he was labled the World's best during Inter's treble season. I believe he lost all his confidence, because i remember after the match he gave an interview where he was very emotional and took the responsibility for the loss, he was so shaken everyone could see it. Then he returned to Inter and had an average season. He went to the Copa last yr and was terrible. Then was below average this season again.

Well I was so distraught and in tears after that loss to the Dutch meh damned self, ah really didn't see the connection, the interview or the timeline of his drop-off.  Makes plenty sense and explains it all for me.   :beermug: 

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
I think Caesar needs to change clubs.  He should have pushed for the move to Man U, instead of sitting on his laurels at Inter.  He has no competition at Inter, and so he had become somewhat complacent.  Sometimes, you need a change of environ, to reinvigorate you.  If Rafael makes the move to Milan, he will definitely push for the #1 jersey, as long as he keeps on the current projectory, development-wise.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »
calamity james was always known for his errors so his judgement would always be off...hart number 1? HA! Buffon only dropped off after coming back from a back injury..he took a lil while to get back into things...thats perfectly normal for any player..that transition period from injury...
"kicking range"?..thats what james wanna hang d man with? "only mid range shots"? lawd fada i aint able..

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2012, 08:16:08 PM »
so allyuh opinion better than James ???

its just an opinion
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2012, 07:35:07 AM »
so allyuh opinion better than James ???

its just an opinion

James ain't know he head from he arse....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »
sorry TS... I did not know that...ok i understand now
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »
sorry TS... I did not know that...ok i understand now

LOL :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1128600/julio-cesar-confirms-inter-milan-exit?cc=5901

Julio Cesar confirms exit

July 31, 2012

Brazil international goalkeeper Julio Cesar has confirmed that he is close to ending his spell at Inter Milan following the Italian side's capture of Udinese 'keeper Samir Handanovic.

Julio Cesar, 32, had previously indicated that he would be willing to terminate his contract with Inter in order to find new employment for the forthcoming season.

A rumoured target for Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, it has been suggested that the former Flamengo goalkeeper may be heading for the

Premier League. Roma have also been mentioned as a possible destination.

"They have been seven beautiful and successful years but, in a few days, my adventure in the Inter shirt will end," the player posted on his official Facebook account.

Julio Cesar has played for the Nerazzurri on nearly 300 occasions, winning 14 trophies including five Serie A titles and the 2010 Champions League.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we go fellas.  Confirmation of our analysis last week on Julio Caesar: he needs a new challenge.  He'll be moving on.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1128600/julio-cesar-confirms-inter-milan-exit?cc=5901

July 31, 2012

Brazil international goalkeeper Julio Cesar has confirmed that he is close to ending his spell at Inter Milan following the Italian side's capture of Udinese 'keeper Samir Handanovic.

Julio Cesar, 32, had previously indicated that he would be willing to terminate his contract with Inter in order to find new employment for the forthcoming season.

A rumoured target for Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, it has been suggested that the former Flamengo goalkeeper may be heading for the

"They have been seven beautiful and successful years but, in a few days, my adventure in the Inter shirt will end," the player posted on his official Facebook account.

Julio Cesar has played for the Nerazzurri on nearly 300 occasions, winning 14 trophies including five Serie A titles and the 2010 Champions League.

There we go fellas.  Confirmation of our analysis last week on Julio Caesar: he needs a new challenge.  He'll be moving on.

Just as yuh call it.  Big up.  We need a good backup GK at Chelsea, not him so he goin' to Tottenham. Ah love Brad Friedel but ah cyah see him stayin' in avb good graces after his post-game comments fuh de CL Final.  :laugh:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »

July 31, 2012

Just as yuh call it.  Big up.  We need a good backup GK at Chelsea, not him so he goin' to Tottenham. Ah love Brad Friedel but ah cyah see him stayin' in avb good graces after his post-game comments fuh de CL Final.  :laugh:

Much cheaper option than Lloris, although I think Lloris has greater upside to his game, due to age.  Speaks Portuguese, understands playing a technical style of play, and may very well find a new breath of life in a new environ.  Lyon playing hardball with their asking price for Lloris, and will supposedly not release him, unless he asks for a transfer.

1]; } ?>