April 26, 2024, 08:57:00 PM

Author Topic: A Truly Great Footballer  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A Truly Great Footballer
« on: July 25, 2007, 05:59:02 PM »
Follow this link for the story of Britains first Black outfield player.

The story of Walter Tull has been buried for years, but now his story is being told.

There is a new book about black players in football called Crossing The White Line, and Walters story is told there.

I have spoken to "Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football" as there are hopes to produce a play about Walters life. My aim is to get it staged in London at Hackney Empire and get Tottenhams football in the community people to support it.

http://www.waltertull.originationinsite.com/

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A Truly Great Footballer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
Follow this link for the story of Britains first Black outfield player.

The story of Walter Tull has been buried for years, but now his story is being told.

There is a new book about black players in football called Crossing The White Line, and Walters story is told there.

I have spoken to "Lets Kick Racism Out Of Football" as there are hopes to produce a play about Walters life. My aim is to get it staged in London at Hackney Empire and get Tottenhams football in the community people to support it.

http://www.waltertull.originationinsite.com/

http://www.waltertull.com/

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 06:31:59 PM »
Sorry, the book is called "colouring over the white line"

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:15:56 AM »
He wasn't black, he was mixed race.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:21:20 AM »
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
back den, dat meant Black ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 04:37:50 AM »
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Respect i forgot the one drop rule was in effect.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:53:14 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Sorry mate. To ignorant white people, if you ain't white, you're black. My step children are mixed raceand they are proud to be reffered to as black. Better that than in the old days when they would have been described as coloured. One thing they definately are not is white!

This may offend truly black people, but they are proud of their heritage.

This should not detract from the achievements of Walter Tull, who was a very brave pioneer and such be remembered as such.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 08:27:40 AM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Same colour as Haile Selassie

Offline #8+1

• Midfielder
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 08:50:12 AM »
Your children SHOULD be proud of whatever their background is.... and we SHOULD be proud of this man's achievements in footy, (mixed or not) esp. back in those days.... Let's remember that the footy community is trying HARD to ERASE racism from our game.... and having said that, it has come A LONG WAY, but there is still more road to cover, and we need to work TOGETHER to improve.... Let's praise this man for his achievements, and keep trying to do away with racism in the game of football...

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Sorry mate. To ignorant white people, if you ain't white, you're black. My step children are mixed raceand they are proud to be reffered to as black. Better that than in the old days when they would have been described as coloured. One thing they definately are not is white!

This may offend truly black people, but they are proud of their heritage.

This should not detract from the achievements of Walter Tull, who was a very brave pioneer and such be remembered as such.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »
and all this time me in my stupidity thinking that there is only one race i.e. human

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 10:09:58 AM »
and all this time me in my stupidity thinking that there is only one race i.e. human
'Stupidity'? Nah.

Naivete?  Yes.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 09:53:05 PM »
Big Up to the pioneer. Dem was realllllllllllll dark days
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 05:54:09 PM »
'Stupidity'? Nah.

Naivete? Yes.
That's telling him bakes, as you know some ppl suffers from amnesia or lack of exposure.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Forgive my ignorance what is the , one drop rule .Cause that is my fav Marley song .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
Forgive my ignorance what is the , one drop rule .Cause that is my fav Marley song .
You might be bull shyting me, but if that's the case i'll bite the bate any way, here goes. the one drop rule applies to any one who has any evidence of black ansectry, forinstance . back in the slave trade ERA, a number of so called whites were passing off as whitefolks who were actually mixed with black since white folks particullaly white men were raping their black slave girls and producing babies with them, some were black enough to be put in the Field or sold off as slaves , on the other hand some were stark white looking so they were allowed their freedom and the same perks as white folks. in any case most of these pass for Whites were far more beautiful than pure breads whites, so they were marring white ppl left and right. this was a prevalent practice especially in new orleans, thus producing the new race of ppl called the creoles, which range from black as midnight to white as snow , but the majority of them are very light in complexion. any way , this info was made privy to the white establishmen , and in order to keep their race pure they started the propaganda of any one with one drop of none white blood is out of the realm of being a member of the white race and would not be accepted in the white circles of society or enjoy the same privileges as pure white folks. this rule was more a priority in enlish speaking slave colonies than the french, Portuguese, and spanish colonial dogs, only the dutch were as rigid with that law as their english counterparts. this law is still in effect in the US, british, and dutch law books , and to my knowledge they were not amended.           positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 07:09:22 PM »
oh yee of little faith  ;D ,nah man I really did not know ,thanks for the info jcool :beermug: Let me listen to one drop 1 more time by bob marley ,and see if it has a connection ,don t tink so doh ,but who knows .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SubLDBjAMiw

1]; } ?>