April 26, 2024, 11:28:10 PM

Author Topic: Coaching staff off to South Carolina for scouting camp.  (Read 19476 times)

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching staff off to South Carolina for scouting camp.
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2007, 10:11:43 AM »
Just an update on Kyle Bethel...

He did give T&T the first option to join us and was invited to the above camp, but nothing came out of it after the camp, he was later called to the USA youth team. And has been invited again to join them very soon. He is eligible to join the T&T Olympic and U-20 teams.

Kyle Bethel helped lead Howell to one of its finest seasons this fall as the Rebels finished the year 16-2-2. (2006 season).

Flex if this youth is born in 1989 he should hold on !!!! ....  flex  did he perform good at the south Carolina scouting a camp may be he did not raise Anton eyebrows

I asked Shaun and he told me that Wim didn't comment on him. Kyle told me he was the youngest there (16 ?) and was a bit nervous as this was his first experience with an international team, so I take it he didn't preform the way he would have liked. He also told me that the other players didn't want to pass the ball to him and he should have been a bit more vocal. He did however score a goal in a match.

Many players in the North America should be given more time under these circumstances. I believe we have many raising stars who didn't or dont get sufficient time to impress and we lose them or they eventually fall off the radar.

This is why a camp in the US at least 3 times a year is very good. We have over 160 players based in North America if you count all the college and university players and more if, we count the ladies as well... there are many women players eligible to represent T&T based in North America.

I spoke with a member of his family and he has been invited too train anytime they are in Trinidad ... so they did see him and acknowledged his ability, but he is to old for the u17 and is still only 16. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 10:20:59 AM by Flex »

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2007, 10:12:26 AM »
To old for the U17 ... forget on 16

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2007, 10:54:17 AM »
I spoke with a member of his family and he has been invited too train anytime they are in Trinidad ... so they did see him and acknowledged his ability, but he is to old for the u17 and is still only 16.

The TTFF cant wait for players to visit T&T,,,, what type of shit is that.... they need to set up training camps often in the USA as possible. Steups !!!! the TTFF really is shit, no plan, no brand...

Imagine so much players we could have coming up, all of our youth and women teams and eventually senior team would have been up there, a deep squad........ this is why I wish Lincoln Phillips was still here.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 10:56:54 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »
Just an update on Kyle Bethel...

He did give T&T the first option to join us and was invited to the above camp, but nothing came out of it after the camp, he was later called to the USA youth team. And has been invited again to join them very soon. He is eligible to join the T&T Olympic and U-20 teams.

Kyle Bethel helped lead Howell to one of its finest seasons this fall as the Rebels finished the year 16-2-2. (2006 season).

Flex, he better off with the US team, trust me, the TTFF dont treat players right..... as for Robbie Findley, he will never join T&T or not in a hurry to if he eventually does.

1]; } ?>