April 27, 2024, 01:01:29 AM

Author Topic: Phillips: Selection of local coaches is no guessing game.  (Read 9867 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Phillips: Selection of local coaches is no guessing game.
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2007, 06:53:23 AM »
All ah allyuh forgeting another ramdoo who did'nt play for fatima,he played with me and richard hood for tranquility,his name is alvin ramdoo,boss defender,and as for richard hood he was maybe the best goalkeeper in colleges league/intercol,together with bobby from trinity college..........     

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2007, 08:11:31 AM »
yea HOOD is the coach at Providence girls....and very sucessfull there
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 08:40:44 AM »
Lawd faddah!! Look how some of these names bringin' back memories!! Ah know dat eh Richard Hood name ah seein' dey, who was a BOSS goalkeeper for Tranquility Secondary, right?  Anybody able to confirm if that is the same person?

yeah Chow, he was meh Batch in the Police academy in '86, he was actually a really good outfield (left-footer) player, de Police team pull him to play on de team, he went Grenada and ah wild man rest it on him and done he career (ah believe a knee-injury), ah guess he coach (asst. coach??) de Police team for a while. ah wasn't suprised to see he name on dat list. He is ah real good fellah too, was never a glad man or nothing like that....just had to add that last part.

I am glad you added that part, Fyzo, as a kid growing up and watching him play the very few times that I did, I was always impressed with his attitude on the field.  He was as composed, confident and assured as any 'keeper I had ever seen, yet he struck me as being a very humble, behind-the-scenes kinda fella (don't as me how I figured that, I just sensed it) that "average" people can relate and look up to.  My final 2 or three years in primary school allowed me the freedom and independence to go to any football games I wanted to and for me it was either Ian Clauzel and Mucorapo or Richard Hood and Tranquil.  Hood was, IMHO, one of the best goalkeepers I had ever seen in Secondary Schools' Football and only the best of finishes could beat him......like the one against Fatima (Brian Netto, was it?) on CIC grounds in what I think was a north zone final......heartbreaking!.....I digress....Anyway!.....I always expected big things from Richard Hood, but hardly ever heard anything about him ever since.  I am very happy to see that he is involved in T&T football in any capacity (thanks for the info as well, Big Mag and Saga pinto) and I wish him and his providence girls all the best.......and I thank him for the memories!!      

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 11:12:39 AM »

elan ah know yuh mean, other than Leonson Lewis ;) but ah recognize Chris Bailey, ah old Fyzoman/schoolmate/workmate, ah think ah few years ago he take a Vessingy High School team and win South Intercol or something
You sound like yuh is ah ol firechiefs man....ah have some padnahs from dong in the coco an dais all dey does talk about...

1]; } ?>