April 28, 2024, 04:43:51 PM

Author Topic: french foreign leigion  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: french foreign leigion
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 05:36:14 PM »

BTW what Trinidad army dey for? To prevent coups or to invade some small island like Bim?

all I have to say..BIM bess watch it..ah hear dem fellas from bago say that all they flying fish gone (some kinda talk bout they gone back Bim). .. when we get vex and sen een we boys..shock and awe will look like ah friggin birthday party fireworks oui! Ah hear rite now the 5th battalion cutting bamboo in the deep forest of poole. All they need is for trintoc to supply some pitchoil and BIM will feel the THUNDA!

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 06:52:03 PM »
rinidad Defene Force training harder and longer than training in de US Navy and US Army...I went through both ah dem..T&T Coast Guard and US Navy.

CoastGuard trainig in T&T is las 4 months, de us navy is 10 weeks.

CG in T&T does us UK Military drill, in de US navy is sorf ting, if yuh cyar make it thru US navy yuh is ah dam bitch!

De difference is de training yuh does get after on de job and in de A school and C school as well as de on going training and work-ups.....in de US Navy and Army it never ending.

so when yuh done yuh very well trained..but recruit training to recruit training it is no comparison..TTCG harder by years!

As for de Navy Seals, dey eh have nobody who better trained dan dem...NOBODY!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 10:49:56 AM »
rinidad Defene Force training harder and longer than training in de US Navy and US Army...I went through both ah dem..T&T Coast Guard and US Navy.

CG in T&T does us UK Military drill, in de US navy is sorf ting, if yuh cyar make it thru US navy yuh is ah dam bitch!

De difference is de training yuh does get after on de job and in de A school and C school as well as de on going training and work-ups.....in de US Navy and Army it never ending.

so when yuh done yuh very well trained..but recruit training to recruit training it is no comparison..TTCG harder by years!

Again...what is the reason for such rigorous training? In case Venezuela try ah ting? Who T&T army could stop if dey decide to invade we(except for Bim and dem of course)?
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 10:57:50 AM »

yeah i was syaing this ealier.... my uncle went to sanhurst in england ...to get his commission..and cg training is pressure.
btw about navy seals....i think the sbs could compare..dont u?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 12:48:48 PM »

to make ah long story short fight break out with one ah dem and ah marine. and all who know marines know dem is de baddest thing since bakr, ah small man from de french foreign legion beat that to ah pulp and still had time to jump back on de sand to serve. de man hit him ah cuff and make he teeth pierce tru he bottom lip (if yuh see blood).

morvant....after dat lil sweat he get...yuh know wha could add insult ontop ah injury is if he get slap wid ah article 15  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »

BTW what Trinidad army dey for? To prevent coups or to invade some small island like Bim?
Again...what is the reason for such rigorous training? In case Venezuela try ah ting? Who T&T army could stop if dey decide to invade we(except for Bim and dem of course)?

From what a soldier bredren tell me they does still refer to the Jamat as "the enemy" I don't know if that coming from formal or informal structures. Essentially them men prepared for if anybody try to do some thing stupid like the Jamat again.

Apart from that some of them itching for state of emergency. They would have the whole city, town and even the village lock. Real bad boys would get lick down. 

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 01:51:55 PM »
I always wondered about the point of having the Defense Force, I never took them seriously and thought they were a waste of time.

After the attempted coup it became clear and I gained a lot of respect for our military forces, they were much more professional than the the troops from the our Caribbean nations.  I remember watching in shock as a Jamaican soldier handed over his assault rifle to some girls he was chatting up for them to get a closer look.

Without our military we would probably be some kind of fundamentalist Islamic nation (like Iran) now.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 04:22:11 PM »
I always wondered about the point of having the Defense Force, I never took them seriously and thought they were a waste of time.

After the attempted coup it became clear and I gained a lot of respect for our military forces, they were much more professional than the the troops from the our Caribbean nations.  I remember watching in shock as a Jamaican soldier handed over his assault rifle to some girls he was chatting up for them to get a closer look.
Without our military we would probably be some kind of fundamentalist Islamic nation (like Iran) now.
they coulda probbaly use it better than he.

btw does any one know the primary combat infrantry rifle of the defence force.
??
last time i was in trini didnt look like we had a standard everyboyd
have somin different
i noticed what looked like m14 rifles and one man i swear had an f"n fal"
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »

I tink you givin Abu waaaaay too much credit fren

1) despite all he posturing about limin with Ghaddafi over the years...notice ghaddafi is now an american ally once again due to economics and all abu big talk and scare tactics kinda fade away

2) the u.s. and britan have oil and gas interests in trinidad....do you really think they would let some kinda fundmentalist regime grow where dem have money invested.in a country.NEXT to the yankee' itch' they call chavez...puh-leeze

3) as compared to the vast majority of muslims in trinidad..abu and he band is miniscule and half ah dem does put on a kufi for profit

« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:45:47 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »
@ The polished hoe

When I was in T&T it was a mix of FN FAL's, Sten SMG's and Israeli Galils (a knockoff of the AK 47).  While the FAL is a very accurate weapon the rest are a waste of time when compared to other assault weapons ( eg M-16, AK-74, Steyr AUG, FAMAS etc).

Since we have such a good relationship with Israel we should try to get a deal on the new IMI Tavors those are bad@$$!

@Dutty

You're absolutely right.......not that US intervention would have left us better off though.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 10:55:47 PM »
@ The polished hoe

When I was in T&T it was a mix of FN FAL's, Sten SMG's and Israeli Galils (a knockoff of the AK 47).  While the FAL is a very accurate weapon the rest are a waste of time when compared to other assault weapons ( eg M-16, AK-74, Steyr AUG, FAMAS etc).

Since we have such a good relationship with Israel we should try to get a deal on the new IMI Tavors those are bad@$$!

@Dutty

You're absolutely right.......not that US intervention would have left us better off though.
yeah well fn fals good enough and de galil's good also.
anything ak we could work with.
i eh think de government going to spend money on THE AUG . it eh have enough left handed soliders..jk.
ak 47/74 eh is not like venezuela coming to invade.
 but the kinda weapon some ah dem bad boys have who know.

hey panther what about the coast guard what them use???

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 11:17:38 PM »
pantther and movant..thought allyuh might liek this...
the best(arguably) if not the most practical sniper rifle in the world.
its very enigmatic gun cause only about 176 were built...cost now $74 000US ;D

if u into sniper riilfes this site has all in the world. woith other cool info.
 http://www.snipercentral.com/

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2007, 03:02:12 PM »
i read a thing on the spetsnaz alpha group - the russian elite forces team. they were the ones that botched the beslan school rescue. how do they match up against the english based units? not sure about this but didn't some of the russian and formerly soviet units train some of the secret police units in eastern europe - like the stasi?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2007, 03:24:12 PM »
i read a thing on the spetsnaz alpha group - the russian elite forces team. they were the ones that botched the beslan school rescue. how do they match up against the english based units? not sure about this but didn't some of the russian and formerly soviet units train some of the secret police units in eastern europe - like the stasi?
as far as i have heard and red they dont match up reallyw ell because of mainly poor equipment and not enough money to form traing. mind u they pretty good though better than regualr units i would suppose form de west.
the spetnaz didnt botch the rescue it had alot of local people wth guns.
they are also the one who raided the movie threate in moscow when it had th ehostage situation there. besides the messed up gas they used that kill real hostages the plan and execution wasnt the worse i heard.

all spec. forces in de west are based on the british SAS. all.
at any rate spetnaz have soem crazy ass methods of training they jump kick recruits beat them with huge ass peices of woood. so doh get chain up who ever make it in that outfit at least tough..or psycho.
also alot of ex spetszan work with private companies just liek ex us and british spec forces

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »
organic, pantherx, dutty, morvant, fellas: here's a link to some pictures of the chinese army:

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/slideshow?collectionId=817

what kind of rifle that is in slide 12 of 12?

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2007, 11:39:58 AM »
It's the Chinese latest assault rifle the QBZ-95.  It was built to chamber the new 5.8 x 42 cartridge which is "claimed to be superior to both the 5.56 mm NATO and the 5.54 mm Soviet".

Detailed info here:http://world.guns.ru/assault/as39-e.htm

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »
It's the Chinese latest assault rifle the QBZ-95.  It was built to chamber the new 5.8 x 42 cartridge which is "claimed to be superior to both the 5.56 mm NATO and the 5.54 mm Soviet".

Detailed info here:http://world.guns.ru/assault/as39-e.htm

Thank you Sir!

1]; } ?>