March 28, 2024, 06:21:22 AM

Author Topic: No Offers For Sancho  (Read 8575 times)

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No Offers For Sancho
« on: July 17, 2006, 02:57:20 PM »
Gillingham manager Ronnie Jepson expects World Cup hero Brent Sancho to start the season in a Gills shirt.

The 29-year-old starred for Trinidad & Tobago in their three group games in Germany and his agent said last month that there had been a lot of interest in the former Dundee defender.

But Jepson told Kent On Sunday: 'Let me make this clear because I have no idea where these stories keep coming from.

'We have not received a single offer and I have not had one phone call about Brent Sancho.

'Someone gets in the shop window after performing well at the World Cup and the stories keep springing up suggesting he is leaving but that is not the case at all.'

Sancho, Ian Cox and new signing Kelvin Jack, who were all in the Soca Warriors squad in Germany are back in training with the Gills now and Jepson is keen for them to keep their focus on domestic matters.

He added: 'The World Cup and its impact is over now as far as I'm concerned.

'The lads involved had a great time and when they hang up their boots they will have a great story to tell their grandchildren but my focus now is on Gillingham and everyone is expected to buckle down and earn their money.'

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: No Offers For Sancho
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 03:00:06 PM »
The Summer relatively young... There is still time for teams to place an offer... The guy played his heart out in Germany.. he suppose to get a few calls at least
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
I pray he wrong after he suffer the man now he want to hold on to him. Somebody deliver Sancho from Gills please
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:00:12 PM »
he scared.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 06:17:13 PM »
'The lads involved had a great time and when they hang up their boots they will have a great story to tell their grandchildren but my focus now is on Gillingham and everyone is expected to buckle down and earn their money.'

I find this sounding ah bit sarcastic!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 06:29:50 PM »

I find this sounding ah bit sarcastic!!

I agree like he saying that is the height for them, and they should not expect anything more and Gills is it for them.

Just say no to Gills!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 06:37:36 PM »
I agree with you mr mc, those were my exact sentiments!

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 07:01:16 PM »
Screw Gills. That man has been riding Sancho hard for the past year.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:15:16 PM »
Screw Gills. That man has been riding Sancho hard for the past year.

Easy for we to say screw Gills but if daiz de man only wuk right now he have to live.All he cud do is play ah high standard at Gills and hope something else work out.He wud only be hurting himself if he do other wise.I still believe something good will happen and might still be in de workings who knows .... 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 07:20:24 PM »
There is still sometime for Sancho to get an offer and a word of advice to Cyd Grey don't go to Gillingham that manager is a complete fool!!!!!!!!!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 08:17:31 PM »
Who d hell is Jepson ,same clown who always blocking him..?...Yes Berris  is easy too say screw Gills ,very easy the sooner he leave the better,and it would be wise for trinis to avoid that club... .No offers ,brent believe that shit ??? ,come on ,that tricky mofo playing yah jed ..trust meh  ;) ..........scoundrel...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:22:15 PM by Compre »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 08:44:21 PM »
The man sayin Sancho u have climed your Everst at Germany 2006 back to San Fernado Hill. He real farse
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 10:03:45 PM »
Who d hell is Jepson ,same clown who always blocking him..?...Yes Berris  is easy too say screw Gills ,very easy the sooner he leave the better,and it would be wise for trinis to avoid that club... .No offers ,brent believe that shit ??? ,come on ,that tricky mofo playing yah jed ..trust meh  ;) ..........scoundrel...

Compre, de bottom line is,at de end of de day Gills have 3 Trinis working and unless dem fellas agent's working to secure other things they have to live.To me it wud be harder for dem to get a contract if they not active and showcasing their talent .Agents should know what sort of interest their players are attracting and from whom.Jetson cud say what he want if he's calling for too much money to release Brent and turning back potential buyers then de agent must know this and would advise him to leave,but we not hearing anything like that as yet and if it was so bad I'm sure he wud not be there .
That being said I really believe Brent will get something else he deserves better than Gills but to walk away and not have any guarantees elsewhere,in ah short career, at 29,Compre, is taking ah chance with his livehood. 
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 10:49:42 PM »
That manager sound plain nasty and disrespectful.  Those would not be the comments he would have made if he had players who just came from the World Cup after playing for England.

He have no respect for Sancho.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 02:25:16 AM »

No one is commenting on the obvious or implied question: did Sancho's performance in the WC merit an offer?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 03:27:48 AM »

No one is commenting on the obvious or implied question: did Sancho's performance in the WC merit an offer?

As a Central Defender ?

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 04:20:15 AM »
The Summer relatively young... There is still time for teams to place an offer... The guy played his heart out in Germany.. he suppose to get a few calls at least

And you feel that warrants a few calls,There's more to just playing your heart out and it's called politics........

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 04:50:29 AM »

Compre, de bottom line is,at de end of de day Gills have 3 Trinis working and unless dem fellas agent's working to secure other things they have to live.To me it wud be harder for dem to get a contract if they not active and showcasing their talent .Agents should know what sort of interest their players are attracting and from whom.Jetson cud say what he want if he's calling for too much money to release Brent and turning back potential buyers then de agent must know this and would advise him to leave,but we not hearing anything like that as yet and if it was so bad I'm sure he wud not be there .
That being said I really believe Brent will get something else he deserves better than Gills but to walk away and not have any guarantees elsewhere,in ah short career, at 29,Compre, is taking ah chance with his livehood. 

Me ain"t saying for the man to leave he job,or for he to say screw gills yah know.I just agreeing with u
when you said "It easy for we,to say screw Gills",cause we seeing for months what this club
putting this boy tru.I can"t recall ever seeing anything like this before from a organisation.
This story now break,so we"ll see what Berry has to say,cause  jebson basically  calling him a liar .Let"s
hope Mike could get him out this time,before Jebson squash the deal like he always does.

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »
i'll for him 2 get ahead in all his future endevors ... he deserves it   ::) :)
ADM

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:45 AM »
At the risk of being shouted at, I have a colleague who is a Gills season ticket holder and his view is this.

The Gills fans were convinced Sancho was going to fail a drugs test at the world cup. The performance, or more precisely, the amount of effort put in by Sancho had them all convinced he was taking Speed or something like that.

They love him, but he is not renowned for his work rate.

The other thing he told me, is that Sancho had a falling out with the Gillingham chairman, not the manager, which is why he has not been playing, However, if this was the case, I would have thought Gillingham would have been only too keen to sell him and get him off the wage bill.

One last comment, this time my thoughts. A team like Gillingham is all about hard graft and team work. The last thing the manager wants is players who think that because they have been to a world cup, they are too good for the club. I think what the manager is saying, is that it is all over now and they need to keep their feet on the ground and get back to their day job.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 09:22:50 AM »
At the risk of being shouted at, I have a colleague who is a Gills season ticket holder and his view is this.

The Gills fans were convinced Sancho was going to fail a drugs test at the world cup. The performance, or more precisely, the amount of effort put in by Sancho had them all convinced he was taking Speed or something like that.

The other thing he told me, is that Sancho had a falling out with the Gillingham chairman, not the manager, which is why he has not been playing, However, if this was the case, I would have thought Gillingham would have been only too keen to sell him and get him off the wage bill.

One last comment, this time my thoughts. A team like Gillingham is all about hard graft and team work. The last thing the manager wants is players who think that because they have been to a world cup, they are too good for the club. I think what the manager is saying, is that it is all over now and they need to keep their feet on the ground and get back to their day job.

That is asshole talk.  Sped my ass, and that manager is ah asshole.  He feel is still ah plantation thing.  Why in the world would Jack's agent send him there after seeing what was done to Sancho last season?

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 10:14:41 AM »

That is asshole talk.  Sped my ass, and that manager is ah asshole.  He feel is still ah plantation thing.  Why in the world would Jack's agent send him there after seeing what was done to Sancho last season?

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 12:08:33 PM »

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

He feel is still ah plantation thing= Slavery
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 12:45:42 PM »

i read the same article and have been following this story since the day it broke and i think that you are a bit out of line!! Your comments are unneccessary and it is sad that you ready to pull the race card in this instant!!

also, if you know the facts, you will know that jack approached gillingham, and not the other way around.

ah love it!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:10:02 PM »
Regardless of whether Jack aproached Gillingham, his agent should hve looked for a better club.  That is his job, not to jump at the first available option.  Yeah, the manager sounds downright condescending and tried to belitte our World Cup effort.  Check the undertone of his statement.  Yuh ever do literature?  I am entitled to my opinion, and that man is an asshole.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »

First of all Gills is ah shit club plain and simple, they manager is an idiot.  
''They love him'' ? but yet still they sure he on speed becuz he cyar play so hard/good unless he on some kinda drugs .. yuh mean they 'love' to take advantage and disrespect him,I now see why this manager is an idiot but when I read your 'thoughts' ah wonder what is your excuse, you and de fans share the same ignorance.''The last thing a manager wants is for players to think that because they have been to a world cup,they are too good for the club'' Tata Pompey pure Tata,so the way to stop that from happening is to down play or put dem down for playing in de WC,who say dey feet ever left the 'ground'  and to besides what that surpose to do, make them perform better ? STEEEEEEEUUUUPSS
The sad part is he have to work and this is his only employer right now so that makes it even worse when ah manager talk that kind of manure.

gone wid dat boy !!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:53:43 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 03:19:04 PM »
Ian Cox didn't seem to have the same problems as Sancho.

I wouldn't write off the whole club though I have reservations about what happened to Brent.

Brent need to get over that falling out and give the same level of effort during the season as he did at the WC.  If you fall out with management the best way to counter is to win over the fans on the field (he score for them last season when he got some playing time I think).
He will get his time on the pitch.  Until he sign elsewhere Gils is his club.....but Berry should definitely looking real hard cuz the chairman probably not moving.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 04:30:11 PM »
I cyah believe that this sh*t still floating. When allyuh going to give Jepson (de manager) a damn break? Is he who stand up fuh Brent when de Chairman didn't want him playing fuh Gills anymore. True, dat club may not be de best place fuh him given de "recent" history but stop crucifying de wrong man nah alyuh!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 06:11:16 AM »

First of all Gills is ah shit club plain and simple, they manager is an idiot.  
''They love him'' ? but yet still they sure he on speed becuz he cyar play so hard/good unless he on some kinda drugs .. yuh mean they 'love' to take advantage and disrespect him,I now see why this manager is an idiot but when I read your 'thoughts' ah wonder what is your excuse, you and de fans share the same ignorance.''The last thing a manager wants is for players to think that because they have been to a world cup,they are too good for the club'' Tata Pompey pure Tata,so the way to stop that from happening is to down play or put dem down for playing in de WC,who say dey feet ever left the 'ground'  and to besides what that surpose to do, make them perform better ? STEEEEEEEUUUUPSS
The sad part is he have to work and this is his only employer right now so that makes it even worse when ah manager talk that kind of manure.

gone wid dat boy !!!

I'll try and keep this simple.

Agents want their players to move clubs. That is where agents make their money. After the world cup, every agent will be out there trying to engineer a move for their clients, they don't care where to, or even if it is a good move for the player, they just want a move. This is where all the rumours come from so the players name gets out there and it attracts attention.

This just unsettles the player and eventually they put in a transfer request so the Agent can then go and openly look for a new club. Agents are scum bags whos only interest is lining their own pockets.

The Gills manager is telling his players (and I doubt very much he considers them his slaves ::) ) to ignore all this talk and get on and play football.

by the way, Gills may be a shit club, but they currently have three of your best players on their books.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 07:21:19 AM »
Regardless of whether Jack aproached Gillingham, his agent should hve looked for a better club.  That is his job, not to jump at the first available option.  Yeah, the manager sounds downright condescending and tried to belitte our World Cup effort.  Check the undertone of his statement.  Yuh ever do literature?  I am entitled to my opinion, and that man is an asshole.

It is true that there is a sacastic undertone, in fact, i was the first to make mention of it, but my issue with you is the fact that you were so quick to pull the race card.

Also, the problem that the chairman had with Sancho has nothing to do with the manager or anyone else from our national team.  it is like an individual from san fernando who had a falling out with his manager at work in Scotia Bank in port of spain over a personal matter........does that mean that everyone from san fernando should not go there for a job especially if it pays well??

ah love it!!

1]; } ?>