March 28, 2024, 02:57:00 PM

Author Topic: TO SC(Fc) vs Chicago  (Read 2171 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TO SC(Fc) vs Chicago
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:57:26 PM »
Finally sitdown to watch ah whole game with dem.. Score right now is 3-0, Chicago, it should be 9-1 for Chicago
ah hate to see the wrong ppl gettin paid to do simple timg, other ppl begging for ah chance to do for next to nothing..
i'm not usually negative, buh ah fine dem is rank messhound, and dat includes Samuel..den again. ah vex with he since Conn. vs USA..ah never see Samuel play good yet...as like he doh like when I looking..he obviously does better when I not, so for his sake ah go stop lookin...an the next time anybody say bout he replacin somebody on we Team, because he make 1 good cross...expect argument from me, wheter ah see the rest of the game or not... MR. Samuel, sorry, ah cyah be ah fan ah anybody who runs less than Stern....
dem man playin in slow motion, and too many simple no-pressure passes going astray...if they pick an play against ah team from their tryout camp, with we own dragon an 8 as strikers, the trialist could beat dem, the only way the TSC could win is because ah shame...ah cyah back this team
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:22:34 PM by maxg »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TO SC vs Chicago
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 03:04:54 PM »
The team rite now have ah lot injuries ,...plus is the first year maxg  ::) easy nah lol . But Samuel really make me waste my time today jah .Like he ein t realize how many TnT fans watching and judging owhat  :shameonyou: ,coming here mita been a mistake ,cause he go lost all d support he get after the Iceland game . Hopes he picks it up .
oh and is FC
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:06:31 PM by Quagmire »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 03:21:39 PM »
The team rite now have ah lot injuries ,...plus is the first year maxg  ::) easy nah lol . But Samuel really make me waste my time today jah .Like he ein t realize how many TnT fans watching and judging owhat  :shameonyou: ,coming here mita been a mistake ,cause he go lost all d support he get after the Iceland game . Hopes he picks it up .
oh and is FC

sorry ah cool down now..ah thinkin StSs, an write SuCks nah...jus see ah special bout the fans, an dem plenty better fans than dat team deserve rite now....den again is the imjuries...hope the fans doh get lorse to the  injuries too.. :devil:
tell meh, how much men hurt, bout 11 or wha ? this was like dem B team ent...allrite ah go watch dem one more time..cause ah de fans, dey deserve that much. :)

add: the real ting behind maxg vexness   :(

mrsg: Mandey, it have stuff to do round de house here, yuh kno
maxg: wheys, ah dinknow TO FC was orn...we have ah Trini dey yuh know..
mrsg: Sooo? nah man, yuh promise to do stuff, plus after yuh wuk, yuh suppose to carry everybody swimming
maxg: whappen, yuh in Patriotic or wha...yuh doh hear ? it have ah T&Tian playing...we have to back im
mrsg: ok borse man, all ah we go watch...me ent doin nuthen nietner...chilren come..daddy big team playin
maxg: allyuh go see plays, armmm...ah doh real feel the guy, buh everybody say he play good d odder day..he ready
mrsg: so wha bout the wuk for we, guy, football, football
maxg: big Cheupse *steupes*...Yuh backin or yuh nuh backin..if not, take the odder side..bet is whaever yuh want
mrsg: who Chicago have?
maxg: lemme warn yuh... dey only score 2 in dey las six..*steupes*..wach me boy blow by dem men
mrsg: Yeah, yuh boy huffin and puffin, buh cyah blow d windy city down...
mrsg: look like some ah dem need oxygen ahready
maxg: bet an hush nah..geez
mrsg: no more football, till yuh  do the basement, carry we swimming, and take we for supper..& cut d hedge..today
maxg: On like corn...btw, ah feel for some soup for supper, dumpling an dasheen an ting...an doh knock when ah backin meh boys again

well allyuh dun know the ress..ah have some wuk to do
mrsg: yuh ready or yuh writin s@$t on dat site now..?
maxg:awrite nah...ah comin, ah comin
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:59:11 PM by maxg »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TO SC(Fc) vs Chicago
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »
I eh see the game but it sound like Sammy eh change his ways yet.

De man like he feel he too good to hustle or exert some energy...horse is Dundee United yuh coming from eh so check yuhself. That eh no big Euro side and if a MLS side like Toronto get fed up of yuh 4kry, then yuh might have to PFL it.

Score a goal nah boy and stop acting like yuh holding a shit...we all know yuh much better than that

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:34:10 PM »
maybe das why he gone to toronto....you telling me da man could not get a deal with some other scot club....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Winnipeg Fury

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:50:03 PM »

Coaches comment after the Chicago match:

Johnston said striker Collin Samuel's play was "totally unacceptable."

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 11:00:47 PM »
what I really reading here at all?!

TFC coach rips team after loss
Torstar News Service

With his team down two goals and with half an hour left to play, Toronto FC forward Collin Samuel gathered in a pass and cut toward the centre of the field. Seeking to make a pass he slowed down and scanned the field for options, but none materialized.

A few yards into Chicago territory he trotted to a stop and, with the ball at his feet, turned his palms skyward as if to say, What am I supposed to do now?

After a 3-0 loss that sent them back to last place in MLS Eastern Conference, you couldn't blame head coach Mo Johnston for asking questions.

His team now sits 11th overall in the 13-team league, and heads into the most heavily hyped game of the season next Sunday against David Beckham's Galaxy with two straight losses and a laundry list of injured starters.

But in dissecting yesterday's loss Johnston focused on the guys who played, not the ones who didn't.

You take four or five guys out of the lineup who have international experience and it's tough to win in this league, he said. (But) I'm not going to sit here and tell you how bad the injuries are. These other guys need to step up.

Johnston said he's not sure why his non-starters played so poorly whether it's a lack of intensity or a lack of skill but he reminded reporters after the game that he's not afraid to replace some players next season.

Or sooner.

There are no guaranteed contracts for next year, he said. They need to pick up and regroup because there's a lot to play for. There's a livelihood to play for.

Even before yesterday's game, which Danny Dichio left after 67 minutes with pain in his back and hip flexor, Toronto knew several key players would sit out.

Midfielder Ronnie O'Brien tore the meniscus in his knee on Wednesday against Aston Villa. He'll need an operation as soon as the swelling subsides, and might miss the next two months.

Defender Marvell Wynne tore his left hamstring at the end of Wednesday's friendly. He won't need surgery, but he'll miss the next three to six weeks.

Forward Jeff Cunningham, out since early this month with an abdominal injury, had to fly to Germany for surgery.

As goalkeeper Greg Sutton continues to recover from a concussion, Toronto grabbed 18-year-old Canadian David Monsalve from the league's emergency goalkeeper pool and started him yesterday.

And the youngest goalkeeper to start an MLS game this year made several close-range saves before Chicago's Ivan Guerrero opened the scoring eight minutes before halftime.

Thirteen minutes into the second half Calen Carr flicked the ball over Monsalve's head from 15 yards out for the second goal. Carr crossed to Floyd Franks for the third goal.

After the game, Toronto's captain Jim Brennan didn't want hear about the injuries.

It's an easy way out to say we've got injuries, he said. At the end of the day you're professionals, you're players, you want to win games.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »
more opportunities fuh we  Warriors: calling Glen; Tiger; Spann; Durance Williams;  Tell the 'gaffer' tuh send an S.O.S  tuh TNT for call ups.

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 05:00:43 AM »
oh and is FC

sorry ah cool down now..ah thinkin StSs, an write SuCks nah...jus see ah special bout the fans, an dem plenty better fans than dat team deserve rite now....den again is the imjuries...hope the fans doh get lorse to the  injuries too.. :devil:
tell meh, how much men hurt, bout 11 or wha ? this was like dem B team ent...allrite ah go watch dem one more time..cause ah de fans, dey deserve that much. :)

add: the real ting behind maxg vexness   :(

mrsg: Mandey, it have stuff to do round de house here, yuh kno
maxg: wheys, ah dinknow TO FC was orn...we have ah Trini dey yuh know..
mrsg: Sooo? nah man, yuh promise to do stuff, plus after yuh wuk, yuh suppose to carry everybody swimming
maxg: whappen, yuh in Patriotic or wha...yuh doh hear ? it have ah T&Tian playing...we have to back im
mrsg: ok borse man, all ah we go watch...me ent doin nuthen nietner...chilren come..daddy big team playin
maxg: allyuh go see plays, armmm...ah doh real feel the guy, buh everybody say he play good d odder day..he ready
mrsg: so wha bout the wuk for we, guy, football, football
maxg: big Cheupse *steupes*...Yuh backin or yuh nuh backin..if not, take the odder side..bet is whaever yuh want
mrsg: who Chicago have?
maxg: lemme warn yuh... dey only score 2 in dey las six..*steupes*..wach me boy blow by dem men
mrsg: Yeah, yuh boy huffin and puffin, buh cyah blow d windy city down...
mrsg: look like some ah dem need oxygen ahready
maxg: bet an hush nah..geez
mrsg: no more football, till yuh  do the basement, carry we swimming, and take we for supper..& cut d hedge..today
maxg: On like corn...btw, ah feel for some soup for supper, dumpling an dasheen an ting...an doh knock when ah backin meh boys again

well allyuh dun know the ress..ah have some wuk to do
mrsg: yuh ready or yuh writin s@$t on dat site now..?
maxg:awrite nah...ah comin, ah comin

:rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 08:00:57 AM »

Source for that quote please
well yes

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 09:07:56 AM »

Source for that quote please

Toronto coach rips team after lacklustre showing in 3-0 loss to Chicago Fire
Canadian Press

Toronto FC has plenty of work to do before David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy come to town next Sunday.

Manager Mo Johnston skewered his expansion team after a lacklustre 3-0 loss to the Chicago Fire on Sunday afternoon.

"I wouldn't pay to watch that," Johnston said after the game. "because for me that was unacceptable. And I don't like what I've seen."

"Today's effort, it wasn't right," acknowledged Toronto captain Jim Brennan. "We didn't put it in today. We've let ourselves down. We all know that ourselves. We've got no excuses."

Johnston was calm in his post-game news conference but spared few from his criticism, from his players' performance to the Canadian Soccer Association for the way they handle their internationals.

The injury-plagued home side managed just three shots on target while managing to make one of the worst offences in the league look potent. The Toronto defence was woeful, especially in the second half, as Ivan Guerrero, Calen Carr and Floyd Franks helped the Fire snap a six-game winless streak and give manager Juan Carlos Osorio his first league win since taking over on July 9.

Chicago, which had just 13 goals in its 16 previous games, scored three and could have got more.

"I started seeing good signs with the team today . . . hopefully we can build on today's performance for the rest of the season," the Chicago coach said.

The victory moved the Fire (5-8-4) out of the Eastern Division basement into a tie with Toronto (5-9-4) at 19 points.

Toronto's winless streak was extended to four games in its first league outing at BMO Field since a six-game (1-3-2) road trip due to the FIFA U-20 World Cup. It was not a happy homecoming and there was a smattering of boos as the game ended.

Toronto has injury problems in key positions. Missing in action Sunday were goalkeeper Greg Sutton (concussion), fullback Marvell Wynne (hamstring), midfielder Ronnie O'Brien (knee) and forward Jeff Cunningham (abdominal). All four are key contributors.

Sutton may be gone for the season and O'Brien and Cunningham need operations, Johnston said.

Striker Danny Dichio and defender Andrew Boyens both started but were not 100 per cent and did not finish the game. Dichio has a hip flexor and sore back while Boyens, who broke his nose during practice earlier, was suffering from double vision.

Goalkeeper David Monsalve, who does not turn 19 until December, made his first league start Sunday and acquitted himself reasonably well considering the porous defence in front of him. "Don't blame the goalkeeper, blame the outfield players," Johnston said.

The Toronto manager said the injury-enforced changes had caused problems. But he said "cracks" had shown in his lineup before. And he also questioned the overall attitude, especially of his injury replacements saying there was no hunger.

"These other guys need to step up, or else they shouldn't be in this league," he said.

Johnston said he expects to sign a goalkeeper from Europe this week, adding he may have to look for more players.

"When you look down our bench, there is nothing much in terms of coming in and giving us a spark," he said.

Those already in camp won't be in for an easy week. Johnston said any plans for time off had been shelved in light of the woeful performance.

"They need to come in and regroup, shake the dust off. Because it wasn't good enough."

Johnston said striker Collin Samuel's play was "totally unacceptable." Midfielder Andy Welsh was underachieving, as was some of his Canadian talent - which he described as "very average."

With Beckham and the Galaxy up next, Sunday's sellout crowd of 20,322 got to see another international star in Mexican Cuauhtemoc (pronounced quaw-TEH-mok) Blanco. The 34-year-old forward, twice named Mexico's MVP and due to earn US$2.7 million a season on his three-year MLS deal, made his debut for Chicago last weekend, scoring in a 1-1 friendly tie with Glasgow Celtic.

Playing in the hole behind Chad Barrett and Carr, Blanco was constantly looking for the ball to create something.

He had mixed success until the 37th minute when, seconds after complaining about a non-call, he found Guerrero slicing in towards goal with a perfectly lofted pass and fullback Chris Pozniak frantically chasing to catch up. He didn't and Guerrero's left-footed shot beat Monsalve high and to the short side.

Blanco almost made another goal in the 43rd minute but Barrett was judged to have used his arm to control the Mexican's pass before hammering it into the goal.

"Cuauhtemoc has a great vision and great execution of that last, final pass that a playmaker needs to do," said Osorio. "Hopefully he will continue performing like he did today and it will be great for us."

Toronto offered little offence on the day. The home side came close to scoring in the 64th but Todd Dunivant's header was cleared off the line by a defender.

The win was sorely needed by the Fire. After opening the season 3-0-1 in April, Chicago had gone 1-8-3 prior to Sunday. Coming into Toronto, the Fire had been shut out in five of its last nine outings, going 1-5-3.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
Maxg got it spot on .

Mon, July 30, 2007

TFC manager embarrassed by effort
By DEAN MCNULTY, SUN MEDIA

Toronto FC turned in its worst performance of the Major League Soccer season yesterday, falling 3-0 to the Chicago Fire at BMO Field.

The final score flattered the home side as, if it were not for some spectacular saves by emergency callup goalkeeper David Monsalve, Chicago could have scored half a dozen against a lethargic TFC.

What may be a worse sign for the struggling club is that the majority of its 20,322 usually die-hard fans poured out with 10 minutes left on the game clock.

The result left TFC tied for last place in the Eastern Conference with 19 points -- the same as Chicago.

Toronto FC manager Mo Johnston was livid after the game, blasting his team for what he perceived as a lack of effort.

"There's not one single player, other than Monsalve, who played well," he said. "They should be embarrassed. I know I am."

Johnston was particularly incensed at the play of forward Colin Samuel, midfielder Andy Welsh and rookie Maurice Edu.

"I told Colin right after the game that I thought he played poorly," he said. "He was out of position the whole game."

He said that Welsh -- an international with English premiership experience -- has been playing with half the effort he did earlier in the season.

"I don't know what has happened to Andy," Johnston said. "He just seems like he's gone into a shell. And Maurice had his worst game ever."

Johnston said it looked as if his club was using the excuse of injuries to key players for the performance.

Starting internationals Ronnie O'Brien, Jeff Cunningham, Marvel Wynne and Greg Sutton are all out with injuries and all are expected to be out for an extended period.

"It is unacceptable for anyone to use injuries as an excuse for what happened out on the pitch (yesterday)," Johnston said. "Our fans deserve better."

Chicago's goals were scored by Ivan Guerrero in the 37th minute, Calen Carr in the 58th minute and Floyd Franks in the 75th minute.

Mexican international Cuauhtemoc Blanco -- signed by Chicago for $3 million US -- made his first MLS appearance and provided an assist on the first goal.

With a week to get ready for the David Beckham show that makes its MLS debut next Sunday, Johnston had considered giving his players a day of rest today, but changed his mind.

"They've got to come together as a team," he said. "Some of those guys aren't training hard enough and it is showing."

Star striker Danny Dichio left the game because of a hip flexor injury and may not be ready to play against Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy

1]; } ?>