April 27, 2024, 07:00:17 AM

Author Topic: The Touches Under 15 Observation  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
The Touches Under 15 Observation
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »
Dear Forumites,

This is a small observation of what transpired this evening in the Crawford.

I have an important exam in the morning and after cramming for the entire day I say lemme go and relax lil bit, unfortunately I reach home with a headache that only a TT side could give you.

But on to the first match Canada vs JA.

I arrived with about 35 min in the match to go. Coming in at the same time with me was Mr. Beenhaker and his assistants, they walked tru the side gate and unfortunately I had to proceed to the turnstiles.

Walked in, and to my surprise Stadium Ram...well covered stands at least. A good crowd of about 6000 people present, most of the fans were rooting for Jamaica and Jamaica had a lil section in the middle. The score at that time was 1-1 and Canada had all the possession and was playing some brilliant football. From observing all the teams this evening I can safely say Canada will win this tournament and our boy SH has done a marvellous job with this Canadian team. Canada and Jamaica had by far the biggest, strongest and fittest players in this tournament. I cannot believe them fellas is 14 and 13 years old. All of them close to six feet. Also all the players had muscle on their frame, they were not the Dennis Lawrence types that represented TT this evening.

Canada played a 4-4-2 and Jamaica a 3-5-2. Jamaica's game was take the ball and run at them with skill, no off the ball runs, no passes, no creativity, hard blade and fitness,needless to say they came second. They did have some useful players and they had one little number 10 in the middle but he was roughed up by his bigger and stronger opponents.

Canada has two black fellas up front,speed and skill for days and they were tormenting Jamaica right tru. Canada had an excellent level of fitness, technique, ball control and awareness, it paid off as a player made a run to the flank, another made a dummy run to the corner flag, the center opened up and a tru ball was played to the fwd,......shot Goal JA down 2-1. Then after that a corner produced a header. Canada 3-1. it was over as a contest and then a Sub came on and with his first touch of the ball shot in the far corner for 4-1.

Ja didnt give up and a solo run and scramble gave them a goal on the 90th min. Final score Canada 4 Ja 2.

The commentator didnt know what country was on the field and refered to Jamaica as Guyana twice, once when a substitution was made and another time when a goal was scored. It was quite embarrassing.......Substitution by Guyana, A Wagh off!

Then I went downstairs for the football match diet, two pies and a Stag.

Upon my return to the stands I was greeted by a familiar face or should I say body from the Bermuda Game.

Andre, Cowen and Patriot and for the rest of forumites who remember.........the REDS   8) sit down two rows in front of me and had the entire stand bazodee. The old man next to me mumble something about if he was 30 yrs younger how that woulda dead tonight.

Talk about talent, The girl have more forms dan a junior sec and she was wearing lime green this time and a burning white shorts, she fix up the hair too so now she have a proper Beyonce finish. Anyway back to the game.....

The teams walk out and Guatemala are the same height as our players, but they lil stockier in build.
Anthems start to play and then after the teams lined up the iron started,faintly at first but then the Crawford sounded like the north stand in Panorama. Iron, Drums and riddim for days. We had two iron sections and they were backed by what looked like the QRC brass band. If any of you were there for the Costa Rica match the vibes were about the same. Them fellas beat and play they all and they spurred on the players taking the field.

The man in the middle the ref we love to hate,Peter Prendergast.

TWEEET and the match started.......TT never had a clue in the first half, but through some stroke of luck we got an attack going. The number 14 ran past three men down the flank and whipped in a cross. What should have been a comfortable routine save was blundered by the Guatemalan goalie and when the ball flew up in the air it was headed into the goal by the TT fwd.........GOAL. TT up in the 8th min of play.

After that, the step up in class was evident and TT needs more games at this level. We were outmatched in terms of technique, ball control and marking. Guatemala firmly camped out in the TT half and had 3 one on one chances but thre away. They had a shot crash off the bar and some other near misses.

TT were just floudering and didnt get their game together at all. passes were off, Guatemala were hustling us and TT had no time or space on the ball. The lil fellas were just unaccustommed to having a team play them hard and they started to make plenty mistakes, giving up the ball etc. Sean De Silva,.was properly marked out and put under serious manners by the Guatemalan midfield. he was substituted early in the second half.

Guatemala also were coached at this level about the finer tactics, such as play acting, hitting our opponents off the ball. Some very smart elbows and undetected fouls, time wasting etc. Many tackles after the ref turned away, the Guatemalans would stamp at the player on the ground, mash them on they back or hit them a small cuff easy easy. The thing is the TT players were just dumbfounded and they just were suffering from NOT ACCUSTOMMED.

Guatemala had two players a number 12 who got man of the match and a number 13, who I should say fathered at least 4 children near the half line. In one attempt he make twins......yes it was that bad. He stood up with the ball, did a snakey dance, sent the TT player one way...when the fella shift he roll the ball tru he legs, plaps....collect it on the next side then hit him a Rolly polly ....aka a zidane thru he legs again when he came back for the second helping. The crowd went wild.

Also in the second half at blistering speed he put down the zidane roly poly on two TT players on a counter attack. it was amazing the whole stadium bawl when they see that.

At the half TT lead by 1-0 but the writing was on the wall and we needed to get our act together soon.

Second half they moved de Silva up front as a lone fwd and after 10 min substitued him for De freitas who was just as ineffective.

TT though got a talking to in the locker room and came back in the second half with fire. They started tackling hard, hitting the shoulders and imposing themselves on the Guatemalans. They stopped passing the ball and playing it around. It was long ball down the wings and counter attack running with the ball and hoping for the best.
It wasn't much to look at but the long ball was working and gradually TT got back into the game.

Then a stupid lapse in concentration, ball went out of play a Guatemalan throws it in quickly a player then beats three men dances into the top of the box and fires..........GOAL. Stadium gets quiet, but then the Iron and Chanting starts up again louder than before.

TT then starts to crack. The defence starts to make mistakes in the back, the goalie does a pile on occasion and Guatemal come close. Then with nerves going guatemala run tru cross and a player slaps home.

It was still early 55 min gone and it looked like TT could have come back as Guatemala opted to compact and defend the lead.

Raid after raid but the poor finishing came back to haunt us. We stopped shooting only wanting to walk in the goal and whenever we had a good shot or header on target the Guatemalan keeper would make a spectacular save.

The last 10 minutes of the game were all trinidad and we missed a golden opportunity De freitas ran down a ball hit a shot that came off the keeper. the ball is bubbling infront of an open Goal..two Trinidad players are just standing up and watching and hoping it is going in. the ball trickles in front of the goal line and starts to go out before a player reacts and runs to retrieve it by the corner flag. An open goal missed and a chance to tie the game gone.

The corners keep coming, the shots start flying from TT but Guatemala, start the play acting, falling down and time wasting strategies.

Tweeet Game over and we now have to play our neighbours for the wooden spoon.

Guatemala Deserved to win the game. TT played well but in spurts and Guatemala dominated for extensive periods. if you want a parallel senior team game...TT played like the USA game on Ash Wed. Coulda win it but just didnt have enough.

Canada is by far the best team in this tournament and I think they should beat Guatemala easily.

I saw SH on the bench, but when he came up into the stands I  lost him in the crowd. Its a hard luck I didnt get the chance to meet him.

Anyway fellas thats it.....I sacrifice study time to watch these Jr Warriors flop, but if we keep at it we should improve. Right now we suffering from Not Accustommed, and we have to play better teams to make transition.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 08:32:19 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Touches Under 15 Observation
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 08:24:55 PM »
Thanks Touches! GREAT report!Would you believe I ended up coming late? Long story! Anyway bro good luck in exam!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 09:22:26 PM »
good stuff touches.....a few corrections....and further observations.....yuh right bout dem canadians.....dey real phisical and quick...no 7...wide right looks a good prospect....SH said he put together the team 4 days before the cup.....i wont predict the final....cause is football....but i could see canada outlasting guatemala....tnt goal was set up by cyrus (11) from tobago...my man of the match....it was the no 14 who scored....bow wow...brandon rupert...he played a poor first half...but did well in the second half in midfield...yuh spot on with the latin dirty tactics and acting...dem youts have it down already....think back to the guate equalizer.....it started from tnt keeper poor clearence...dat no 18 very skillful and took the goal well....the last 10 mins scene did not directlly involve de freitas...  that was husbands and cyrus......it was really an offiside that was not called....and poor franz did not capitalize...but the truth was reaveled...canada and guatemala technically and tactically already way ahead of tnt....and that my friends is where tnt lags behind......even though we have good records vs guat and canada at senior level....they have better systems in place......and youth level coaching is VERY VERY important and DIFFERENT ...kids in the wrong hands can be disasterous.....10 -16....thats the golden age of learning......match up the individual techniques of the two teams and see what im talking about.....it also did not help with tnt coach, after 5 matches still not knowing his best 11 and thier positions....and i only missed one game...i was just not in the mood for a 19-0 football match....but for who saw the games.....ken elie switched like i never saw before.....i also believe tnt werent prepared mentally for todays game....they were too tight....they should have been reminded to go out and have fun...play your game.....but...say wha...they have to keep this team going...AND...keep adding and scouting players....cause ah tell yuh...AND I KNOW...cause i was involved to a point...they have youths out there to make a contribution....some of the more outstanding names from the tournament....de silva( yes he was as good as the papers said...and i guess he was due a bad game)...husbands...leston paul...bateau...primus...daniel joseph...cryus...and bow wow....oh sh%t...i nearly forget...no 6...balbosa....great tournament for these youths..thats what they need....measure up..you know....the thing is ..WHO GOING TO KEEP THESE YOUNG KIDS HEADS ON THIER SHOULDERS AND THIER FEET ON THE GROUND???.... and ah telling you now....a more modern sicentific youth coach will be needed...no disrespect
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 10:01:35 PM »
Touches and Big Mag....
Thanks fuh the reports. Boy allyuh men does make ah man feel for home; Yuh eh see I is ah lone wolf out here in he blasted cold!!!!!! and  'Reds' and all dem fine things running  around in dem games ; oh gosh  all yuh could write and make man imagine he at the game.
Thanks

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 10:39:09 PM »
Well ...... ah cyar believe ah miss that REDS sah. Lawd ...... More meat than rice.

Nice Report. I hope those in authority see the difference between what the Caribbean doing as appposed to the other regions.

take note
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 11:18:36 PM »

Then I went downstairs for the football match diet, two pies and a Stag.

Talk about talent, The girl have more forms dan a junior sec

she fix up the hair too so now she have a proper Beyonce finish.   ;D ;D

Guatemala had two players a number 12 who got man of the match and a number 13, who I should say fathered at least 4 children near the half line. In one attempt he make twins......yes it was that bad. He stood up with the ball, did a snakey dance, sent the TT player one way...when the fella shift he roll the ball tru he legs, plaps....collect it on the next side then hit him a Rolly polly ....aka a zidane thru he legs again when he came back for the second helping. The crowd went wild.

Also in the second half at blistering speed he put down the zidane roly poly on two TT players on a counter attack. it was amazing the whole stadium bawl when they see that.

Boy Touches...you does real crack me up sah!!!  ;D ;D

Dah more forms dan a Junior Sec CLASSIC!!

De description a de beats and dem should be preserved in de national archives.  Ah only hope fuh dah youth sake he or none a he padnahs doh read dis forum because he football career go done one time de amounta picong he go get.

Large respeck padnah!!   ;D

« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 11:20:07 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 11:57:53 PM »

Touches and Big Magician, thanks for the report.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 03:53:46 AM »
Nice touch - Touches.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 08:12:40 AM »
an ah was going de game yuh know, steuppppss... meetings...an ah miss de reds ..

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 09:08:58 AM »
Sorry I missed that too bruds (was in MIA). Good report Touches and BMag. Sound like deh red keep slaying men lef right and centre. damn.

I tink our boys showed their inexperience. I refuse to worry or panic. Is de first time this team ever play together. They will get better once we raise the level of the local league and they get more matches like this.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 02:02:29 PM »
No problem fellas!

I remember when I was in foreign and used to wait anxiously for Patriot report after games. I just try to fill in the blanks in laymans terms as the newspaper articles doe capture the feel and spirit of the games.

I glad alyuh appreciate it.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>