April 27, 2024, 04:18:41 PM

Author Topic: pro league should be shown on tv/  (Read 2262 times)

Offline arif

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
pro league should be shown on tv/
« on: July 29, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »
can someone tell me why the local tv stations cant show pro league they would make money like other countries and why do some papers only have extremely tiny aartivles of the pro league but big articles on other football

lol

i know anthony rougier

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: pro league should be shown on tv/
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:56:12 PM »
i know anthony rougier

okayyyy...hmmm...wat tuh say wat tuh say :thinking:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:58:06 PM by mukumsplau »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 10:39:50 PM »
can someone tell me why the local tv stations cant show pro league they would make money like other countries and why do some papers only have extremely tiny aartivles of the pro league but big articles on other football

lol

i know anthony rougier

arif, yuh eh easy!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 06:43:55 AM »

lol

i know anthony rougier

you make a good point.... what you say your name was again ??? ??? ??? ???
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline arif

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:37:19 AM »
my name is arif i made this thread since i think the people in trinidad and tobago need get access to the league on television and better coverage from the papers, the media really needs to push this league and not the other way around where the pro league needs to beg the media for coverage and highlights, i understand they want to fill stadiums like other countries but when peole see how good the games are they will come the media just needs to do what  they are there too promote and advertise the league and they will benefit like skysports,fox,and espn

by the way my name is arif i am 22 i am a co owner of sportway international we provides kits and printing to pro league teams like united petrotrin, defence force, secondary school teams etc. i will make a thread with info on the company so you guys if intrested in gettin team clothes or want kits for your team i just need confirmation from my business partner and i will provide info.

by the way my dream club name : is Real sando it go sound real dread or well someone make it a club

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »
The problem is....gone are the days when T&T television was purely Government run. The media now ah days is finance driven so it would take a big sacrifice from either the league, TV company or both to make what you ask worthwhile. If you look at this from a purely financial perspective to have TV coverage of a poorly supported league makes little sense, especially if your planning to show more than a highlights package. The league may see little benefit as TV coverage may turn even more paying customers away from already poorly supported games, also they would'nt have much bargining power over a TV contract with such a weak product. The TV company may be thinking what is in it for them? What is the point of trying to support a product that few seem to care for. Would advertisers pay much if any cash for their ads to be shown during PFL league games  when they know locals would prefer to watch the foreign ball shown on TV. Difficult!

If the PFL waived rights for a few seasons or the TV agreed to pay a minimal cut of advertising rights to the league it might be agreeable, or you never know T&T may have a local Rupert Murdoch who willing to waste millions in a gamble to promote the the league on TV. Financially however, no matter how you view it, it would be a big gamble for either party. A highlights package is the safest option, it is better to sample than force feed a product you not even sure has much of a market. To be honest, I'm amazed the PFL has survived as long as it has.

If the league would improve teams links to communities i.e. actually playing in the communities they supposedly from, yuh might see an improvement in support fuh teams. All teams in well supported professional leagues over the world have done so, so why it different in T&T? Some examples, I originate from South and therefore know Police have always be ah south team......but specifically were? I eh know. W Connection supposedly from Couva.....but do they play there much? How many games Jabloteh does actually play in San Juan? Are Defence Force from Chagaramas or Port-of-Spain? If you was'nt ah follower of Caladonia or Joe public....would you actually know which community they supposed to come from. The simplest side is Tobago Utd as they the only side from Tobago but as they only won about 2 game in 100 years is anyone bothered? Sought out a potential fanbase first then worry about promotion through the media. Why you think the Colleges (now SSFL) League has been so well supported over the years in T&T....cause people have strong bonds with teams, either the went to the school (most teams) or the school was a representative of the community, St.Benedicts is an example as many of their supporters hadn't gone to the school (at least in my day  ::) ).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:37:38 AM by Rodney »

Offline arif

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
yes sir indeed true, but trinidad football isnt like that in england where the place you come from the team you support think about it manchester man u fans loondon arsenal fans and so on lol, thats why teams need to represent their communities fully not sponsors oh well at the end of the day football is not a sport its a business i should have known this since i have a degree in business managemnt, oh well and for the tobago comment tobago has a lot of promising players thats why i believe tobago united should have its own league in tobao with tobago teams an the top two play the top two best trinidad players in a tournament at the end of the year or season

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 11:02:04 AM »
yes sir indeed true, but trinidad football isnt like that in england where the place you come from the team you support think about it manchester man u fans loondon arsenal fans and so on lol, thats why teams need to represent their communities fully not sponsors oh well at the end of the day football is not a sport its a business i should have known this since i have a degree in business managemnt, oh well and for the tobago comment tobago has a lot of promising players thats why i believe tobago united should have its own league in tobao with tobago teams an the top two play the top two best trinidad players in a tournament at the end of the year or season

All I can say is, name a professional sports league in the world today that exists with as minimal community links as the PFL does. Yuh see loads of sides moving about in US Sport but could you pick a current US team in any sport and say you have no Idea where they originate from! Man Utd has lots of fans from outside of Manchester however this was not always the case. Tobago Utd? Well much qudos to Granville, the guy has a dream and every success to him.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 11:07:08 AM »

lol

i know anthony rougier

Advertisers won't pay big money to advertise during PFL slots because the audience is almost non-existent, and hence TV stations won't pay top dollar for the broadcasting rights/a contract....If it don't make dollars it don't make sense....

by the way, don't you think the stands are empty enough for PFL games ?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 11:26:36 AM »
Maybe we should start off by listing what actually exists because there is more than nothing.

On the web there is streaming of entire games, highlights and best of the week all for free on the Pro League site.  So that doesn't cover the local media yet but SW.net also carries news as soon as possible.

Then there was a show Total Football that launched last year with Keith Look Loy (sp) ...dunno if it still running but it was a heavy focus on all local football.
Then there is Spalk with Anil Roberts which has Pro League news and highlights and I suppose occasionally guest interviews.
Also on the news I've regularly seen highlights of games.

I almost certain all the games are being filmed since they appear on the Pro League site.  If you talking about bringing entire games on TV well that might be a bit much for regular season games.  I could see that for tournaments and especially when teams like Chivas come for the Club Championships.

So it may not be on TV but fans have access to almost all games ON DEMAND for free on the Pro League site.  TV is ideal but they have to continue to build the brand and the product...they going good so far with the streaming content being a huge step.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Good Afternoon Arif,
                                Unfortunately the passion we use to have for football is not there anymore. the real football fans no longer go to games for various reasons. Some of the reasons are: It to far. They don't indentify with some of the teams. They not from their "community". Some of the teams play all over the place. AIA plays in Arima even though they from Morvant. W  Connection from Savonetta/Couva, but they play in Marabella. Arima has 2 stadiums, yet no Arima team in the pro-league or Super-league. JoePublic is based in Tunapua area, but does not have the support TECSA use to have. All the teams in South are in desperation. Point and Palo Seco struggling. Police still trying to keep Sando name in footbal(unbelievable). Port of Spain has not have a decent team in years. Defence Force is not as good as before because the best players goes to the pro-teams. There is Super Star Rangers. But Rangers needs to decide wether they want be a St. Anns team or an  inclusive POS team. With the exception of the army, they have no competition in the POS area. Their marketing people should try to embrace Cocorite, St.James, Belmont, East Dry River. They should be Port-of-Spain Rangers. We don't hear nothing from Rangers. As I see it, somebody with Duprrey kind of money and good marketing  can bring a good team in "tong" and dominate football. That is my take on why they don't show football on TV.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 11:59:28 AM »
If dey show it on tv the 50 that does go to the games go stay home
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>