April 18, 2024, 03:17:15 PM

Author Topic: This is what FPATT needs to Emulate (in some regard)  (Read 906 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
This is what FPATT needs to Emulate (in some regard)
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:42:03 PM »
Dinas humbled by Board spot
Wednesday, August 1 2007

DINANATH RAMNARINE is filled with “pride and humility” at his appointment as a non-member director of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB).

New WICB president Julian Hunte decided that one way to extend the proverbial olive branch to the West Indies Players’ Association was to appoint Ramnarine as one of four non-member directors.

“Pride because the ongoing efforts and commitment of WIPA have now been formally and publicly recognised,” remarked Ramnarine in a news release. “…And humility because the future challenges to rebuild West Indies cricket are not for the weak-hearted,” he added.

“I appreciate the opportunity afforded me to be an integral part of such a rebuilding process.” Ramnarine has been a constant thorn in the side of the WICB over the last six years, since he was elected to head the organisation.

His often combative approach, as he jostles for better terms and conditions for the players, has raised the ire of several WICB officials.

This has denigrated into a very public exchange of highly inflammatory letters between himself and WICB Chief Executive Officer Bruce Aanensen in the last two weeks.

Hunte believes that West Indies cricket cannot improve without the direct involvement and commitment of the players through WIPA.

He said on Sunday that the players’ body had now been given the opportunity to be part of the solution instead of continuing to be perceived as part of the problem.

“Before accepting the appointment, I discussed the issue with the WIPA Executive and have been given their full support even though we recognise that there will be difficulties to overcome,” Ramnarine said.

“I also discussed the pros and cons of such an appointment with the new president, and the personal confidence he has placed in me played a large part in my accepting his offer.”

Though he appeared gracious in accepting the position, Ramnarine could not help, but take a swipe at some of the administrators he has worked with in the past.

“Other WICB presidents have talked about improving relations with WIPA, (but) Dr Hunte has ‘put his money where his mouth is’, and I feel it is incumbent on me to do my best to make the process work without compromising the principles of business negotiations,” he said.

Ramnarine concluded that he was looking forward to the future with cautious optimism and confidence.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is what FPATT needs to Emulate (in some regard)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 04:00:58 AM »
Yeah, we're just waiting for an invitation from Oliver Camps. Thought it would be here by now :rotfl:

The difference is that WICB change their president slightly more often than TTFF.

But, yes, this is what we're aiming for in the future.

1]; } ?>