July 20, 2024, 10:51:35 AM

Author Topic: Peltierís Portsmouth chances fading...  (Read 4403 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peltierís Portsmouth chances fading...
« on: August 02, 2007, 02:31:27 PM »
Peltierís Portsmouth chances fading...National coaches refuse to co-operate - claims Fenwick.       
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

ďThey are messing around with Peltierís chances of a greater opportunity,Ē revealed a disappointed San Juan Jabloteh head Coach Terry Fenwick after he was reportedly refused a reference letter by the Trinidad and Tobago senior team Coach Wim Rijsbergen and U-23 Coach Michael Mc Comie.
The refusal came this week following Fenwickís request for the document for Thursdayís work permit appeal in England between his player, Lester Peltier and Premiership club Portsmouth FC.
Portsmouth made an impressive offer for the 18 year old midfielder earlier this year offering a four year contract after having gone on trial with the club but was denied a work permit on his first attempt which is now being contested.
Peltier a former T&T national U-20 player would know his faith after the appeal on Thursday which is expected to have present Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp and the playersí agents Steven Davies and Paul Mohamed of DMC Sports.
Fenwick explained that they were denied assistance by both Wim Rijsbergen and Michael Mc Comie following a continuous dispute between his club San Juan Jabloteh and the national coaches.
ďThey(Rijsbergen and Mc Comie) are still grieving about me not releasing my players for national duty on numerous occasions,Ē he claimed.
The San Juan Jabloteh Coach went on to say, ďI have personally spoken to Mr. Jack Warner, Mr. Oliver Camps and Mr. Richard Groden on the release of players. We agreed on every Thursday, but now the coaches themselves have changed the agreements.Ē
Fenwick further explained, ďWim and Mc Comie have moved the goalposts and changed the rules. They want our players two and three days per week, but they must understand that we(Jabloteh) also have a team to prepare and we also have matches to play,Ē said the former England international.
Returning to Lester Peltierís English offer Fenwick said that the Premiership club Portsmouth FC have continued to show great interest in the Trinidad and Tobago youngster and he is just disappointed to see that the national coaches are willing to deny the player an opportunity of a lifetime.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltierís Portsmouth chances fading...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:41:48 PM »
The climate surounding trinidad football is so full of power triping and impsy behavior it's appualling. ah hope it doh hurt the youth chances for a future in the prem.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
The climate surounding trinidad football is so full of power triping and impsy behavior it's appualling. ah hope it doh hurt the youth chances for a future in the prem.

wouldn't jump to conclusions..cuz we all know that cyah be the full story. always have at least 2 sides

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »
So who in the local football fraternity really interested in football and not their tribal warfare ?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 04:56:08 PM »
Steups..........aint karma a bitch.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:31 PM »
daiz what yuh get for being a kaka hole.
kakahole behavior begets kakahole behavior.
ah not saying that an eye for an eye is right, but Fenwick started it, he wasnt worried bout the many players he was affecting, but now that he is directly and personally affected he cares deeply.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:14:38 PM »
2 wrongs doh make a right but next time the thug Fenick decides to pull his players from national team practice he will remember that he is part of a football family although is a dysfunctional family
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 09:29:13 PM »
I think y'all missing the point here. This have nothing to do with Fenwick or the TTFF. It is about the future of a young player on the verge of securing his dream, but being denied by some small minded individuals holding grudges over nothing. There is absolutely no reason why Wim and Mc Comie should deny the young man such an opportunity. At some point one of these "adults", "professionals" must show where there true support lie. It should be in the youth and the game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 09:36:33 PM »
ah not saying that an eye for an eye is right, but Fenwick started it, he wasnt worried bout the many players he was affecting, but now that he is directly and personally affected he cares deeply.
Except he's not "directly and personally affected"...Peltier is.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
I think y'all missing the point here. This have nothing to do with Fenwick or the TTFF. It is about the future of a young player on the verge of securing his dream, but being denied by some small minded individuals holding grudges over nothing. There is absolutely no reason why Wim and Mc Comie should deny the young man such an opportunity. At some point one of these "adults", "professionals" must show where there true support lie. It should be in the youth and the game.

I'll wait till I hear McComie &/or Wim side of the story before commentin.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 09:48:52 PM »
Yes he is ,he getting ah cut .

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 10:52:12 PM »
Real shame, good luck in the future guys

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 07:49:51 AM »
Yes he is ,he getting ah cut .

thank you, cause i am pretty sure he aint doing it out of the goodness of his heart!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 10:14:06 AM »
Does it matter why he's doing, once it affects the youth in a positive manner? I think not, everyone does things that will ultimately be beneficial to them.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 10:16:29 AM »
Does it matter why he's doing, once it affects the youth in a positive manner? I think not, everyone does things that will ultimately be beneficial to them.

So stopping a youth from playing in a Under 20 world cup qualifier which we missed out on due to a recognized striker affects him positively too? Karma is a bitch.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 10:33:36 AM »
Posted by: Bourbon 
Insert Quote
Quote from: elan on Today at 12:14:06 PM

So stopping a youth from playing in a Under 20 world cup qualifier which we missed out on due to a recognized striker affects him positively too? Karma is a bitch.

So because your neighbour stopped you from getting a job, when you see the nieghbour children hungry you would not feed them if you could? Really wrong mentallity, if you did not help me then I won't help you, so we have no adults in T&T.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 10:42:52 AM »
Posted by: Bourbon 
Insert Quote
Quote from: elan on Today at 12:14:06 PM

So because your neighbour stopped you from getting a job, when you see the nieghbour children hungry you would not feed them if you could? Really wrong mentallity, if you did not help me then I won't help you, so we have no adults in T&T.

But if he played with the U20's...we got to the world cup...dont you think that would have added to his case? Fact is....Fenwick cooperating as much with the TTFF as the TTFF cooperate with jabloteh.  Either only sees it as a problem when dey wronged. Peltier just going and be the only casulty just as the blacklisted players are a casualty. If Jabloteh had supported the team and accomodated them for the digicel cup....the Wim etc would not DARE do any shit like dis....cuz it would have a even bigger uproar. Karma is a bitch. You cant expect to burn a bridge and den complain  you cant get back to where you were.

1]; } ?>