July 20, 2024, 09:33:06 AM

Author Topic: Peltier loses Portsmouth move.  (Read 25408 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peltier loses Portsmouth move.
« on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:37 PM »
Peltier loses Portsmouth move.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Jabloteh claim sabotage by national coaches.

Eighteen-year-old CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh attacker Lester Peltier was denied a dream move to the England Premier League yesterday when the British Home Office rejected a work permit application, which would have facilitated his move to Portsmouth on a four-year deal.
Trinidad and Tobago national senior football team coach Wim Rijsbergen and his under-23 counterpart Michael McComie received the brunt of Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick’s criticism though as he slammed the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) employees for allegedly refusing to support Peltier’s application.
Peltier represented the national under-20 team last November during the Caribbean Football Union qualifying tournament although coach Brian Williams omitted him from the squad for the subsequent Play Offs. Williams, a former “Strike Squad” star, wanted to keep his squad together to prepare for their next assignments against Jamaica but Jabloteh insisted that their players’ commitment, outside the international calendar, lay with their employers.
The club versus country dilemma has soured Jabloteh’s relationship with the T&TFF over the past year—particularly in Rijsbergen’s preparation for the 2007 Caribbean Cup—and might have claimed its first major casualty.
Peltier, who is yet to represent the senior team, does not have the necessary international senior team exposure to satisfy the Home Office. However, Fenwick, a former England international, insisted that, due to his tender age, the British authorities would have accepted a recommendation from the T&TFF as to the worth of the player—as they did for Manchester United’s new Brazilian teenaged signing, Anderson.
“McComie consistently refused to write a recommendation for Peltier,” said Fenwick, “although he features prominently with his under-23 squad. I picked up the phone to Wim Rijsbergen and asked him if I could have one for Peltier and his response was ‘no Terry, you cannot (get a recommendation)’…
“I am absolutely disgusted that a young boy from Carenage, who is growing up in such a tough neighbourhood, was not given a great opportunity to play in the Premiership and better his life.”
Peltier would have been the fifth Trinidad and Tobago player to be attached to a Premiership club and the youngest since World Cup hero, Dwight Yorke, moved to Aston Villa at the same age. Shaka Hislop, Clint Marcelle and Stern John also have Premiership experience while Carlos Edwards should make his debut in the top flight this season with Sunderland .
McComie, a former Under-20 World Cup player and the Joe Public caretaker coach, did not deny that he refused to help Peltier’s appeal but promised to explain his actions in a personal interview today rather than over the telephone. He suggested that the situation was complicated.
“Mr Fenwick is not interested in youth development concerning football in Trinidad and Tobago ,” said McComie. “As such, a more detailed light will be put on this soon.”
Rijsbergen was less articulate when asked whether he attempted to help Peltier’s move to Europe —something he has consistently urged local players to do.
“That is none of your business,” Rijsbergen told the Trinidad Express. “Do not stick your nose into things that do not concern you.”
Fenwick insisted that the opportunity for Trinidad and Tobago citizens to earn an honest, lucrative wage should be of paramount concern to the national public and was incensed that “politics” denied Peltier the chance to do so.
He refused to accept that Jabloteh let down their own player by not allowing him to train with the national team at its coach’s discretion. Instead, he claimed that Jabloteh officials met with FIFA vice-president and T&TFF special advisor Jack Warner, T&TFF president Oliver Camps, Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene and national team manager Sam Phillip and arranged a training timetable in January 2006
Fenwick charged that it was McComie and not Jabloteh who broke their agreement by putting direct pressure on the club’s players to attend sessions beyond the initial schedule, which stipulated one practice per week outside the FIFA international window and during the Pro League regular season.
“We asked for dates outside the FIFA window which they agreed to,” said Fenwick, “and then they did not stuck to their own schedule. This is incompetence and extremely unprofessional…
“We have a responsibility to our own club and our managers and directors to compete as best as we can.”
At present, Jabloteh are on top the 2007 Pro League standings while the club’s under-19 team defeated the national under-23 outfit 3-1 in a friendly last month.
Fenwick should have met Peltier yesterday evening to tell him about the Home Office’s decision. Jabloteh are stipulated to wait 12 months before they can again appeal the player’s case.
“This might be a once in a lifetime opportunity that he was denied,” said Fenwick. “But we will try to console him and help him further his career.”
Jabloteh are undecided about whether to continue with similar appeals for two other teenaged players, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra, to join Portsmouth and might be forced to look at alternative leagues with less stringent work permit laws.
Fenwick was scathing in his verdict on the T&TFF.
“We get a fantastic opportunity like this and the T&TFF can’t be bothered to do a kid a favour,” he said. “If he got into Portsmouth , I am sure he would be in (Rijsbergen’s) national senior team and yet he says that it is none of his business (now).
“We were linking ourselves with a top seven Premiership club. Surely, they have to see that as a wonderful opportunity for local football.
“We, at Jabloteh, are trying to develop the local game and the youngsters for the future of Trinidad and Tobago. People at the highest level should take a long, hard look at themselves.”
McComie has promised a speedy defence although it is unlikely to console Peltier.
Peltier family crushed.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Jabloteh star promises quick recovery.

“I don’t mind if (Lester Peltier) didn’t get through with his work permit because he didn’t have enough caps or he didn’t have enough international exposure,” said Ann-Marie Peltier, mother of promising CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh attacker Lester Peltier. “But don’t tell me it is just a letter of recommendation that a big man had to put aside his petty vendetta to write.”
The Peltier residence was rocked by news, on Thursday, that the 18-year-old Lester is unable to finalise a four-year deal with England Premier League football club, Portsmouth, after being denied a work permit by the British Home Office.
But Ann-Marie is particularly peeved that, according to Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick, Lester’s work permit appeal was not supported by national under-23 coach Michael McComie and senior team boss Wim Rijsbergen.
Lester must now wait another 12 months before he can re-apply in England .
Jabloteh have not enjoyed a good working relationship with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation over the past year after clamping down on the release of club players for training outside the FIFA international window.
Fenwick claimed the two parties came to an agreement over an international training schedule that the T&TFF broke. He hinted that Peltier might have suffered as a result.
McComie promised to explain his actions soon while Rijsbergen stated that it was not the business of the Trinidad Express.
Ann-Marie, an unemployed chef and mother of six, was inconsolable. She said that she had only just stopped crying.
“We are talking about a young fellah from Carenage or let’s say the ghetto,” she said, “who has a chance to help himself and maybe his family and because of petty differences between two sides, he can’t get that chance. You cannot explain that to me in any words.
“This is not about Fenwick or McComie. They already have their nice cars and big houses and have their futures intact. But they are taking away my son’s future.
“It is madness, distasteful, disgraceful… I don’t know enough words to describe it.”
Ann-Marie, who voiced her appreciation for Fenwick ’s role in Lester’s career, urged her son to bounce back stronger from the setback and he seemed to have taken it in stride.
Lester, who is known as “Corn Curls” in Carenage after his favourite childhood snack, said that, although disappointed, he is already focusing on his next trials. He is no longer a member of McComie’s under-23 squad because of the friction between national and club coaches but he insisted that he still wants to represent Trinidad and Tobago .
“It is a pleasure to represent your national team,” said Lester. “I would go in the morning if they asked me.”
He is suspended from today’s Pro League clash at the Hasely Crawford Stadium which pits leaders Jabloteh against defending champs, Joe Public—coached by McComie—but revenge was not on his mind.
“I really wanted to play,” said Lester, “because I want to show McComie that I am supposed to be in the national under-23 team right now.”
Ann-Marie vowed that her son would not be denied his dream.
“No one can keep him down,” she said. “What is to be his will be his, although it could have started from (Thursday).”
Lester has no intention of wasting time on self-pity.
“I have to keep my feet on the pedal,” said the versatile attacker, “so that, next time I get an opportunity, I will be ready.”
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 12:52:01 PM by Flex »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: peltier loses portsmouth move
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
Wim eh appear childish so I believe it have more in the mortar than d pestle
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:39:10 PM »
Peltier loses Portsmouth move
… Jabloteh claim sabotage by national coaches

Eighteen-year-old CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh attacker Lester Peltier was denied a dream move to the England Premier League yesterday when the British Home Office rejected a work permit application, which would have facilitated his move to Portsmouth on a four-year deal.
Trinidad and Tobago national senior football team coach Wim Rijsbergen and his under-23 counterpart Michael McComie received the brunt of Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick’s criticism though as he slammed the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) employees for allegedly refusing to support Peltier’s application.
Peltier represented the national under-20 team last November during the Caribbean Football Union qualifying tournament although coach Brian Williams omitted him from the squad for the subsequent Play Offs. Williams, a former “Strike Squad” star, wanted to keep his squad together to prepare for their next assignments against Jamaica but Jabloteh insisted that their players’ commitment, outside the international calendar, lay with their employers.
The club versus country dilemma has soured Jabloteh’s relationship with the T&TFF over the past year—particularly in Rijsbergen’s preparation for the 2007 Caribbean Cup—and might have claimed its first major casualty.
Peltier, who is yet to represent the senior team, does not have the necessary international senior team exposure to satisfy the Home Office. However, Fenwick, a former England international, insisted that, due to his tender age, the British authorities would have accepted a recommendation from the T&TFF as to the worth of the player—as they did for Manchester United’s new Brazilian teenaged signing, Anderson.
“McComie consistently refused to write a recommendation for Peltier,” said Fenwick, “although he features prominently with his under-23 squad. I picked up the phone to Wim Rijsbergen and asked him if I could have one for Peltier and his response was ‘no Terry, you cannot (get a recommendation)’…
“I am absolutely disgusted that a young boy from Carenage, who is growing up in such a tough neighbourhood, was not given a great opportunity to play in the Premiership and better his life.”
Peltier would have been the fifth Trinidad and Tobago player to be attached to a Premiership club and the youngest since World Cup hero, Dwight Yorke, moved to Aston Villa at the same age. Shaka Hislop, Clint Marcelle and Stern John also have Premiership experience while Carlos Edwards should make his debut in the top flight this season with Sunderland .
McComie, a former Under-20 World Cup player and the Joe Public caretaker coach, did not deny that he refused to help Peltier’s appeal but promised to explain his actions in a personal interview today rather than over the telephone. He suggested that the situation was complicated.
“Mr Fenwick is not interested in youth development concerning football in Trinidad and Tobago ,” said McComie. “As such, a more detailed light will be put on this soon.”
Rijsbergen was less articulate when asked whether he attempted to help Peltier’s move to Europe —something he has consistently urged local players to do.
“That is none of your business,” Rijsbergen told the Trinidad Express. “Do not stick your nose into things that do not concern you.”Fenwick insisted that the opportunity for Trinidad and Tobago citizens to earn an honest, lucrative wage should be of paramount concern to the national public and was incensed that “politics” denied Peltier the chance to do so.
He refused to accept that Jabloteh let down their own player by not allowing him to train with the national team at its coach’s discretion. Instead, he claimed that Jabloteh officials met with FIFA vice-president and T&TFF special advisor Jack Warner, T&TFF president Oliver Camps, Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene and national team manager Sam Phillip and arranged a training timetable in January 2006
Fenwick charged that it was McComie and not Jabloteh who broke their agreement by putting direct pressure on the club’s players to attend sessions beyond the initial schedule, which stipulated one practice per week outside the FIFA international window and during the Pro League regular season.
“We asked for dates outside the FIFA window which they agreed to,” said Fenwick, “and then they not stuck to their own schedule. This is incompetence and extremely unprofessional…
“We have a responsibility to our own club and our managers and directors to compete as bet as we can.”
At present, Jabloteh are on top the 2007 Pro League standings while the club’s under-19 team defeated the national under-23 outfit 3-1 in a friendly last month.
Fenwick should have met Peltier yesterday evening to tell him about the Home Office’s decision. Jabloteh are stipulated to wait 12 months before they can again appeal the player’s case.
“This might be a once in a lifetime opportunity that he was denied,” said Fenwick. “But we will try to console him and help him further his career.”
Jabloteh are undecided about whether to continue with similar appeals for two other teenaged players, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra, to join Portsmouth and might be forced to look at alternative leagues with less stringent work permit laws.
Fenwick was scathing in his verdict on the T&TFF.
“We get a fantastic opportunity like this and the T&TFF can’t be bothered to do a kid a favour,” he said. “If he got into Portsmouth , I am sure he would be in (Rijsbergen’s) national senior team and yet he says that it is none of his business (now).
“We were linking ourselves with a top seven Premiership club. Surely, they have to see that as a wonderful opportunity for local football.
“We, at Jabloteh, are trying to develop the local game and the youngsters for the future of Trinidad and Tobago . People at the highest level should take a long, hard look at themselves.”
McComie has promised a speedy defence although it is unlikely to console Peltier.

Disappointing response by Wim dey...

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 10:21:20 PM »
this does not surprise me wim is out of place he is at home in trinidad and feel he is beyond answering to the tt pubic he realizes that foreigners can do as they like in this country,do you think wim could have said that if he was the coach of a u.s or u.k national team? it is time that we start making these foreigners dance to our beat and not us to theirs  and mc comie is a puppet as far as i am concerned, hats off to jabloteh for sticking to their guns, this is the victimization that takes place when you stand up to the ttff, i wish peltier all the best and hope he does not allow this major setback to define him

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »
Sad sad news ,but fenwick just learn ah ole trini proverb .One hand doh clap .

Still really sucks doh .cause the TTFF doh really care bout nobody .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:25:02 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 10:39:07 PM »
this does not surprise me wim is out of place he is at home in trinidad and feel he is beyond answering to the tt pubic he realizes that foreigners can do as they like in this country,do you think wim could have said that if he was the coach of a u.s or u.k national team? it is time that we start making these foreigners dance to our beat and not us to theirs and mc comie is a puppet as far as i am concerned, hats off to jabloteh for sticking to their guns, this is the victimization that takes place when you stand up to the ttff, i wish peltier all the best and hope he does not allow this major setback to define him
What u talking bout Fenwick is local . How he go ask the men for recommendation when Mc Cormie  only know he was was not present when he needed him most ,and Wim never get ah chance with him .Still stinks to high heaven doh ,I never see this happen from the TTFF before .
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 10:41:32 PM by Quagmire »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 11:18:07 PM »

I thought they said before there were alternative routes to gettingt he work permit....one of them had Dutch roots.
I suppose the student visa thing doh work for this anymore.

Send the players to training Fenwick...I eh believe you being genuine in your attempts to work with them on the schedule.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 12:13:02 AM »

I thought they said before there were alternative routes to gettingt he work permit....one of them had Dutch roots.
I suppose the student visa thing doh work for this anymore.

Send the players to training Fenwick...I eh believe you being genuine in your attempts to work with them on the schedule.

Fenwick might be wrong in not sending his players to training an ting, but for big men not to help the youth get ah break of a lifetime is simply inexcusable.
Also fook Wimp, he real Nazi style persona coming out.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 01:28:45 AM »
I hate to say it but, the irresposibility and the vindictiveness of trinbagonians in positions of power and how they abuse it always seem's to amaze me. now who really got the shitty end of the stick? not peltier. there is an old african proverb that says, when two elephants fight only the grass get's hurt. now god only knows if he gets a contract elsewhere and is doing great , will he want to rep the country after what they did to him.

England dey self has very facked up policies when it comes to former colonies and their immigration laws. take for instance in the US. we were never an american colony , but it's much easier to get a work permit to play here... for that matter any where in europe than england who supposedly is the mother country, but they brake the most balls. yuh want to bet ajax gonna snatch him up easy since they showed intrest in the youth. like ah former T&T international old timmer name pops who hangs out with us in the summer, constantly qoutes,  is trinidad foot-ball weh yuh expek. that's inexcusable, no matter who's right or wrong , they could've worked out their differances without hurting the youth's future in the prem.

It's things like this that makes me want to stay away from local football and just enjoy the foriegn club ball scene. BC them local hunchos doh have any intention of growing up at all at all. imagine , every time we start to make strides in the beautiful game in T&T there is allways some kinda idiotic beef to come in the way of progress and create a major set back to hurt the players , and most of all the loyal supporters. i now know why pops didn't even bother to watch any T&T WC games even though he played for T&T  most of his career. when i ask him why he refuses to lend his support  he quotes , it's trinidadfoot-ball wey yuh expek.  i hope i don't turn out like him.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:08:07 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 02:09:34 AM »
Agent blasts T8T over Peltier
By Peter O'Rourke   Last updated: 03rd August 2007
Skysports
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2638304,00.html
Peltier: Misses out
Lester Peltier's agent has blasted Trinidad &Tobago coach Wim Rijsbergen for not helping the player in his bid to win a move to Portsmouth.

Portsmouth planned to sign San Juan Jabloteh ace Peltier after he impressed during a trial period at Fratton Park earlier this year and they applied for a work permit for the midfielder

Peltier's application for a work permit went to an appeal because he had not met the criteria of 75 per cent of international appearances over the past two years.

At the appeal hearing on Thursday at the Home Office the player was deemed ineligible as he had not played for T&T in at least 75 per cent of their competitive games in which he was available for.

Peltier's agent and lawyer Paul Mohamed believes a dispute between San Jabloeth and Rijsbergen undermined the player's appeal and he has blamed Rijsbergen and the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) of denying the player the chance to win a move to England.

Disappointed
"We are extremely disappointed that a talent such Lester has not been given permission to further his career in the Premier League," Mohamed told skysports.com.

"We had a very fair hearing. Harry Redknapp and Paul Hart made significant contributions and totally endorsed the player as an exceptional talent, but unfortunately his lack of senior international appearance has been held against him on this occasion.

"Harry was confident he would have contributed to his first team squad as he offered something different.

"I would like to thank Terry Fenwick for his valuable assistance throughout the appeal procedure.

"What disappoints me more than anything is the complete lack of co-operation by the TTFF, in particular, head coach Wim Rijsbergen.

"He categorically refused to co-operate with us in preparing the documentation to assist the appeal.

Anger
"Personally I think it is wrong for disputes and in-house politics at national level between the head coach and clubs to hold back a young player who wants to better himself, a chance to a earn a contract in the English Premier League.

"The TTFF and Rijsbergen need to take a serious look at themselves as ongoing disputes not only appear to be holding back the national team, but also players who want to try and progress abroad.

"What amazes me is Rijsbergen recently provided a written reference in support of the work permit appeal of Jason Scotland so what is the difference between Jason Scotland and Lester Peltier?
Mohamed also revealed that Peltier is set for a move to another European league with a number of clubs expressing an interest in the youngster.

"We will be looking at other options for Lester throughout Europe where there are a number of clubs interested in him," added Mohamed.

Good luck to the yute, hope he gets hooked up with a good  Dutch club.;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 02:34:38 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 02:17:40 AM »
Anybody find it strange that the story about Peltier's chances fading was published the day the work permit hearing was supposed to take place ?

:thinking:

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 03:01:26 AM »
Anybody find it strange that the story about Peltier's chances fading was published the day the work permit hearing was supposed to take place ?

:thinking:

they knew that had insufficient evidence to satisfy the Home Office on going into the hearing.

And dcs on that student visa thing, no that can't work. There is a explicit specification that you cannot undertake work as a professional sports person, entertainer, business entrepeneur, among other things.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:09:43 AM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 03:36:07 AM »
Ah guess this is the tip of the ice berg as far as T&T foot-ball goes. since after the world cup 06 is just diapointing news for we players, only daryl roberts was an easy feat. i've been following T&T foot-ball since i was a kid, i saw my first game at a very young age when my dad took me to trini to see my great grand mom before her passing and ironically trini was playing haiti in a friendly. that was my introduction to T&T foot-ball on the hole and i never looked back. when we moved back home my pops took me to quite a few games at PSA grounds, night games i might add. i felt the pain of losing over the years. it seemed like we were bound to supporting brazil for the rest 0f our world cup lives.

the devastating loss to the US in 89 was more than i could stand and as a result , i didn't sleep for a good week. we continued to lose with great teams. with players the like  of clint marcell, marvin faustin, ansil el cock, david nakid, latas,york, ect. we struggled and we  finally over came with a nail bitter that almost was to nerve racking to watch. i did not even see the last leg of the bahrain game live, i took the day off, took some muscle relaxers and  taped the game while i slept, all BC of the love for our foot ball. now seeing that these assh@les don't care as much as we do and today proved that for me. not only facking up the future of a promising young star but our stars of yesteryear. f@ck T&T for their lack of concern citerzens, f#ck  ttff ,and F@ck the ministry of bull shyte total disregard for sports and culture. i ruuning out of patience wid this juvenill horse shyte they call trinidad foot ball.  yesterday was a very sad day in our foot-ball's history, and clearly showed a lack of regard for  the players and the fans.                    to sh!t's wid all who envolved.                 they're not fit to be part of the beautiful game!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:46:38 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 03:53:42 AM »
wim move like an ass  fuh a man who is  critic of the local league he of all people shouuld  ah help out the youngster...  as for the under 23 coach !!!

“Mr Fenwick is not interested in youth development concerning football in Trinidad and Tobago ,” said McComie. “As such, a more detailed light will be put on this soon".

Ah jess waiting to hear wha he have to say
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 04:07:47 AM »
My concern is, will he ever want to represent T&T ever again, after all, they did throw sand in his rice.

Offline Diambars

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:44:10 AM »
"Chelsea received a boost yesterday when their appeal for a work permit for Alex was successful. "  I assume he had the 75% required and received the support of his federation ... another reason why they and others continue to improve, while we are moving in the wrong direction.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier loses Portsmouth move.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 05:45:50 AM »
First things first, Wim answer that one very simple question like a blasted backside. Dis is definetly de first time dat ah feel Wim has failed meh. De man supposed to be a professional and could have easly answered the question "no comment" and keep moving... Ah feel it must have something to do with de rift between de Coaches, staff and de media specifically liburd and crew. (ah doubt he woulda tell Fuentes dat but then again Fuentes wouldnt ask either hence de dilemma) Fenwick on de other get a little bit of he own treatment and now he cussing. People does want to choreograph how someone should retaliate after being afflicted. Well Terry yuh did afflict and de man and dem hit yuh low and now yuh upset and crying foul when you throw out de referee long time. As for Lester, if Portmouth was interested, then you will pick up a contract on de outside soon enough... its just a matter of time. Keep yuh head up, keep yuh nose clean (no pun intended) and stay low, under de radar in TnT until its your time to go out dey and shine. Most importantly keep training... especially by yuhself. Latas said it, Ronaldhino said it and David Beckam lives by it. Practice Practice Practice.....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 05:50:59 AM »
Does Peltier have any senior caps at all?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 05:52:55 AM »
Does Peltier have any senior caps at all?

None... at least dat is de word on de street. ;D ;D ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 05:56:30 AM »
Does anyone know if a recommendation by Rijsbergen would have guaranteed Peltier's work permit?

Someone asked what is the difference between Jason Scotland and Lester Peltier.  How about 32 caps to none?

Personally, I find the timing of the release kind of strange as Midknight pointed out to be suspect to say the least.  Coach Rijsbergen has never come across as one who has been a stumbling block to progressing any players career.  Indeed, he advocates our best young talent to go abroad and get further exposure.

This whole thing sounds fishy and I will wait till more details come out, especially from McComie's and Coach Rijsbergen's side before making any determination in this matter.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2007, 06:02:23 AM »
Has Peltier ever taken part in any national senior team training camps with Wim?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 06:06:36 AM »
Wasn't Peltier's fault for not showing up for T&T Under 20 team. That was the work of Terry Fenwick which could have release the player because in de end he didn't even play for Jabloteh that time and Fenwick, Jerry Hospadales and Jabloteh held him back. Peltier wasn't even a regular member of the senior Jabloteh team or was just breaking through.

I cant understand all this. Why didn't Fenwick use the same system Kenwyne Jones used ? and f00ck the TTFF... now that the State is not going to give Jamaat al Muslimeen leader Yasin Abu Bakr any money I hope Abu Bakar go on a rampage and buss some bullets on the following men; Jack Warner, Oliver Camps, Wim Rijsbergen, Michael Mc Comie and Mr. Richard Groden.

Fenwick is right about one thing though, the TTFF very unprofessional and they just change things on you without a wisper.

Wim Rijsbergen and Michael McComie is becoming very un-professional and bad minded. Wim Rijsbergen dosen't realise that he is working with a man who will destroy his career in a heart beat without a heart. Jack Waner. Your turn will come Wim and McComie is a dam ass as well... a pure asshole in the making...... a professional kakahole....

Isn't Peltier on the Olympic Team. ?

What if Peltier eventually move to Europe and gets big and then blank T&T. Then the TTFF will brand him bad..... pay back is a bitch, to bad the innocent will always pay and the f00cking con-men will reap all the benefits.

A kid stuck in the middle of a political war to see who dick bigger.....
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:28:31 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 06:40:29 AM »
it have more info to come so we shouldnt jump the gun too much, but wasnt it 2 players going to portsmouth

anyways if he peltier can gather this interest at 18 if he keeps his focus they may bigger clubs to follow
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 07:16:07 AM »
Fellas , I hate when an opportunity for a young man becomes a baccanal at his expense and he is the victim. But this is Trinidad Football  and  by extension Trinidad & Tobago. In Fairness let us hear both sides before Judgment is passed.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 07:25:10 AM »

Just cool....2 out of the 3 coaches involved are European eh.

Fenwick making it seem that the recommendations would have guaranteed approval.  Who knows if Wim saw enough of the player at national training to give a recommendation.  Waiting to hear the other side.

Seems strange that they would apply this caps rule to such young players....do the national youth team appearances count?

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2007, 07:33:04 AM »
Actually as far as I can remember, thats THREE lives not one, as the other two were depending on Lester being successful in order to process thier permits......sad

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2007, 07:56:48 AM »
There was never any grounds for them to get work permits.
We all know the requirements and these fellas did not have them.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »
Instead of being a kakahole why didnt Fenwick go the opposite route, send the man training, reach out to Wim and request that he be a part of the Senior Team for the Digicel and Gold Cup.
At least then he would appear to care about the youth, and football in Trini, while at the same time getting the player some Senior Team caps.
Maybe now he would not even need to approach Wim and McComie for no recomendation.

As somebody said two wrongs dont make a right, and Wim could be the bigger man, overlook that fact that is Fenwick he helping out and do the youth a favor, but sometimes its hard to separate the palyer from their representation, which is why one must be careful who they associate themselves with.

In the end i find the Fenwick real boldface, ok so you agree to a schedule in Jan, the months later the circumstances are different and the National Team coach needs the players more often than first agreed to, Natl duty trumps, club duty so work out a new schedule,nah you just pull your players and ban them from practice.

Now he want to approach men like "...listen I know I did not allow my players to attend your training session, I know they did not play in the matches, but could you over look all of that and write a letter for my guy?"

Sorry to say Peltier is a casualty in this civil war that going on in TnT football right now, and it seems both sides are not playing fair.
but he is only 18 and obviously very talanted, so I think he will still get thru somehow, though this would have been a great start, not only is he losing out but also TnT football.

Offline trineeborne

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 08:37:26 AM »
Looks to me like Peltier needs a good agent, someone that would be honest enough to have told him the truth from the start, that he was not eligible for a work permit and other options were possible i could recommend some one. just my 2cents :-\

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 09:08:52 AM »
well yes...men want man to give recommendation to player he ent know hand from backside.  I wonder if some of allyuh men go be willin to write a recommendation for me, and tell yuh boss I is a real good worker and ting - hire me on the spot for the executive manager position?
if you ask your teacher for a recommendatoin and he blank yuh - who business is that?  the teacher have to put in the papers all the reasons for blankin' yuh?

1]; } ?>