April 28, 2024, 05:17:32 PM

Author Topic: Peltier loses Portsmouth move.  (Read 24756 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier loses Portsmouth move.
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2007, 06:57:35 PM »
Cream will always rise to d top. Lester go get a contract. I think he fact that the issue of the Work Permit was mentioned is the real reason. Maybe Wim eh want to b seen as recommending evry Tom, Dick and Lester. He knew the yute eh have a snowball chance in hell to get the permit and say he eh wastin he John Hancock
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2007, 07:00:21 PM »
I thought Mc Commie was going to respond today? He trying to dig up some dirt? I am a firm believer that if you cannot talk when confronted or in front everyone, then something is up, you hiding something.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2007, 07:06:15 PM »
I eh believe all yuh d man have to respond in a specific time frame
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »
Too much drama. Anyhow 'what doh kill....'

Yute sound real talented. Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise...and he will pop up in another league that winds up being a better move for his career

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2007, 10:07:04 PM »
I know nutten about Peltier, whether he eats left-handed or whether he wipes his ass front to back as opposed to back to front.  Everything I have read attributed to him indicates a commitment to representing Trinidad and Tobago...so unless he's lying, that pretty much addresses your concerns regarding his attitude towards the national team.

As for the recommendations and Wim and dem not knowing de yute...I find that hard to believe for the reasons outlined in my previous post above.  When I needed a letter of recommendation while going thru the application process, I got one from a high-ranking government official who had never before seen me, and whom had barely spoken to me before.  All he knew was that I was his daughter's boyfriend and I got a glowing recommendation for her...he didn't need anything else.  I got another recommendation from a judge on the basis of us having attended the same undergraduate institution, and on the basis of us being acquainted with each other at the dojo where we train...he knew nothing of my intellectual or academic abilities,  So if Wim and McComie really wanted to write that letter, him not kicking ball under their watch wasn't going to be sufficient cause for declining.  Plain and simple.

Bakes. This is easily the most shite yuh ever write in response to a post.

Lol...I disagree, but still  ;D

I will chalk it up to a rare off day. Yuh really eh read what I wrote.

What Peltier says about wanting to play for the national team does not come close to addressing my concerns. Are you f*cking kidding? ;D Ent you studying to be a lawyer. Hope your concerns about what someone is really about ain't that easily addressed.

Yeah I read every last word...you went on and on and on about "Does anynone know..." this and "Does anyone know..." that.  I tell I dunno ah damn thing about that, but from what he says, he sees it as an honor to represent his country.  Now maybe is Fenwick was shielding him from reporting for training, and fault him if you will for heeding that advice if you will...yuteman young and not immune to mistakes, but at least it doesn't seem to be a case of him thumbing his nose at repping TnT.  Lemme know if is me who still doh understand what yuh wrote...or if is you who fail to grasp where I addressed it earlier...now that I've elaborated.

Also, your continuous rant about Wim and McCommie not writing a recommendation cuz they've never seen the player ::)...geezus. Where you see Wim and McCommie ever say that.

Sweet mother of jeezus...and you talk about me having ah off night.

Did you see me (or Andre Samuel for that matter) say that this was the rationale offered by Wim and McComie?  Yuh ent see is address we addressing the asinine hypothesis being offered by Weary et al...about the coach and dem couldn't write recommendation because they never see him?  Yuh cyah read or what?

And your examples of getting recs in the past are in no way related to the questions I had about the rec in question.

If you insist so...but yeah, actually it addresses it just fine.  They don't have to know a whole lot (based on working him out themselves) in order to write the recommendation.  They should know enough about the yute to offer a high-level assessment of his abilities w/o having to get into nitty gritty technicalities if they felt incompetent in that particular regard.  If such a detailed assessment was in fact necessary they could have demurred with the explanation that they never had the opportunity to personally work him out individually.  Such a recommendation surely would not have hurt his chances anymore than NO recommendation would...which is what they opted for, and which some mysteriously find appropriate.

Anyway..we agree that it real sad that Peltier didn't get through, but as far as I see, there may be more to it than just Fenwick ranting and raving.

Tough luck for Peltier on the real...but chances are that he'll still get further opportunities, if he was talented enough to be offered a contract in England, chances are that he's talented enough to be offered on somewhere else on the continent.  I would have loved to see him in the EPL...but I feel confident that this will prove but a small contrivance in the long run.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 10:09:22 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2007, 04:42:56 AM »

I wonder what are the other teams in Europe that showed interest. Good luck Lester.

I know for a fact ajax was one of them, but i cant recall the other two teams. i think it was a bundesliga team, don't hold me to the that  though , but ajax for sure.    postive
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2007, 09:32:12 PM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

News of this move came a few months ago.  You are the coach of Trinidad and Tobago, you read that a young player from Jabloteh has had a sucessfull trial abroad and a club playing at a high level.

So u telling me that Wim not even once take a look at the man? All them PFL games that allyuh say that the man does go to?

Steups!!

Tell  deez effin idiots and dem again fuh mih nah!  You telling me that facking McComie is de U-23 coach... (and coaches Joe Public in the same league as this fella play), Wim is de muddc*nt national team coach and scouting men in de PFL for senior caps...and NEITHER of them ever see this man, sufficient to gauge his abilities...but facking Portsmouth a league, an ocean and worlds removed can scout him sufficient so that they want to sign him up.  and these facking dunces siddung in here wanting to believe that??  This is nutten more than badmind, pure and simple...even if they friggin considered it "an exercise in futility"...what harm is there really in putting pen to paper in support of a worthy cause..success or failure be damned?  What harm?

oh boy, obviously "not seeing de player" doesnt mean they never saw him play in their lives. Please dont make meh feel like somebody have to make this distinction, however they havent seen him audition if you will, for de National Team. You need National caps to get de wok he has none and has never been to an audition... what allyuh expect?  Magic..
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2007, 10:48:44 PM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

News of this move came a few months ago.  You are the coach of Trinidad and Tobago, you read that a young player from Jabloteh has had a sucessfull trial abroad and a club playing at a high level.

So u telling me that Wim not even once take a look at the man? All them PFL games that allyuh say that the man does go to?

Steups!!

Tell  deez effin idiots and dem again fuh mih nah!  You telling me that facking McComie is de U-23 coach... (and coaches Joe Public in the same league as this fella play), Wim is de muddc*nt national team coach and scouting men in de PFL for senior caps...and NEITHER of them ever see this man, sufficient to gauge his abilities...but facking Portsmouth a league, an ocean and worlds removed can scout him sufficient so that they want to sign him up.  and these facking dunces siddung in here wanting to believe that??  This is nutten more than badmind, pure and simple...even if they friggin considered it "an exercise in futility"...what harm is there really in putting pen to paper in support of a worthy cause..success or failure be damned?  What harm?

oh boy, obviously "not seeing de player" doesnt mean they never saw him play in their lives. Please dont make meh feel like somebody have to make this distinction, however they havent seen him audition if you will, for de National Team. You need National caps to get de wok he has none and has never been to an audition... what allyuh expect?  Magic..

Do you happen by any chance, to know what was being asked of Wim/McComie in terms of the recommendation?  Do you know if "seeing" Peltier "audition...for the National Team" was a requirement of the would-be recommenders...as opposed to the ability to offer an objective gauge of his abilities?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

Steups!!

Do you happen by any chance, to know what was being asked of Wim/McComie in terms of the recommendation?  Do you know if "seeing" Peltier "audition...for the National Team" was a requirement of the would-be recommenders...as opposed to the ability to offer an objective gauge of his abilities?

Fair rational... but de object remains de same. What would a letter from Wim in that light sound like... " I Wim declare dat dis yute is talented and would be a bonus to de club in question (portsmouth). I my self never train de yute but in my opinion he can be an assett to your organization?   I think not.  I dont think dem people would take a letter like dat seriously unless their only concern was to de yute's ability but there is ability a dime a dozen breds.. its all about who gets thru and who doesn't and Peltier was not doing the things that help yuh to get tru (advised by Terry Fenwick of course) He himself choose he Club over his Country and now he have to come back and rely on de country. We forget but several of our players have had these issues for years... Ince, Scotland, Samuels and de list goes on but they all had to come into the fold and handle dey business even when dey coach tellin dem if dey go is bench in yuyh ass for sure when yuh come back but a footballers career is bigger than any club and is subsequently attached to his representation of his country.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2007, 01:26:19 AM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

Steups!!

Pardner on this one I agree with you fully.
Wim is selfish imps an I cyar understand this love for a second rate coach.
Everybody else who in our position hiring men with track record yet we have this wannabe who actually have the gaul to dis our local reporters.
More of this man true nature and coaching inability will surface in the near future and he going to blame everything on the players, wait an see WIMP LOVERS.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2007, 01:56:23 AM »

Never seen? Oh Please!!

Steups!!

Pardner on this one I agree with you fully.
Wim is selfish imps an I cyar understand this love for a second rate coach.
Everybody else who in our position hiring men with track record yet we have this wannabe who actually have the gaul to dis our local reporters.
More of this man true nature and coaching inability will surface in the near future and he going to blame everything on the players, wait an see WIMP LOVERS.

so Fishes then let we fire him on those merits nah not de fact about a reccomendation which by the way you didnt mention at all. If yuh recall... dat is what de discussion is about. Im sure adding dat Wim is a shit coach isnt entirely off track but if yuh dissin then at lease be like King James and use some of de truth. :o :o :o :o
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
Lack of national caps cost Peltier
By JOEL BAILEY (Newsday)

Tuesday, August 7 2007

Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 football assistant coach Michael McComie said lack of national caps was the reason for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier being denied a work permit by the UK Home Office.

The 18-year-old Peltier who was once a member of the Under-23s, was on the verge of a four-year deal with English Premiership club Portsmouth.

It was alleged by Jabloteh’s coach Terry Fenwick that McComie, national coach Wim Rijsbergen and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) refused to assist young Peltier.

But McComie quickly pointed out, “Jan-Michael Williams was denied a contract with Glasgow Rangers in 2003 also based on work permit issues.

“England is very strict,” he said. “People come to Trinidad and they see a pond of talent and they also see a lot of dollar signs. Some people try to manipulate the system for their own benefits.”

The former national goalkeeper emphasised, “as long as I am here, no one will use me. If they happen to get through, well so be it for them.

“We have all the information but I cannot speak about it right now,” said the interim Joe Public coach.

“You’ll be surprised to know some of the things that do transpire. Not everything that glitters is gold and people in Trinidad need to understand that.”

He added, “a lot of people don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in terms of the business arrangements with these players. We had nothing to do with the player.

“I’ve never spoken to Mr Fenwick for 2007 and I’m seeing my name,” McComie said. “The work permit issue has nothing to do with a recommendation letter.

“As long as the Football Federation has their meeting and clears the air, in terms of having a press conference, more will be said on it.”

The Under-23s are preparing for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers against hosts Suriname, Guyana and Netherlands Antilles in Group “A”. The group phase runs from August 31 to September 4.

McComie said that, following Thursday’s training session, the current Under- 23 squad will be reduced from 26 to 22. He said former TT youth team defender Makan Hislop will be added to the contingent.

Meanwhile, coach Jan Van Deinsen is expected to rejoin the technical staff in time for the CFU qualifiers. Van Deinsen underwent back surgery last month in his native Holland and, according to a source close to the team, the 50-year-old coach is close to a full recovery and will be back in Trinidad within the next two weeks.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »

McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier
« Reply #101 on: Today at 03:00:40 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lack of national caps cost Peltier
By JOEL BAILEY (Newsday)

Tuesday, August 7 2007

Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 football assistant coach Michael McComie said lack of national caps was the reason for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier being denied a work permit by the UK Home Office.
The 18-year-old Peltier who was once a member of the Under-23s, was on the verge of a four-year deal with English Premiership club Portsmouth.

It was alleged by Jabloteh’s coach Terry Fenwick that McComie, national coach Wim Rijsbergen and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) refused to assist young Peltier.

But McComie quickly pointed out, “Jan-Michael Williams was denied a contract with Glasgow Rangers in 2003 also based on work permit issues.

“England is very strict,” he said. “People come to Trinidad and they see a pond of talent and they also see a lot of dollar signs. Some people try to manipulate the system for their own benefits.”

The former national goalkeeper emphasised, “as long as I am here, no one will use me. If they happen to get through, well so be it for them.

“We have all the information but I cannot speak about it right now,” said the interim Joe Public coach.

“You’ll be surprised to know some of the things that do transpire. Not everything that glitters is gold and people in Trinidad need to understand that.”

He added, “a lot of people don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in terms of the business arrangements with these players. We had nothing to do with the player.

“I’ve never spoken to Mr Fenwick for 2007 and I’m seeing my name,” McComie said. “The work permit issue has nothing to do with a recommendation letter.

“As long as the Football Federation has their meeting and clears the air, in terms of having a press conference, more will be said on it.”

The Under-23s are preparing for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers against hosts Suriname, Guyana and Netherlands Antilles in Group “A”. The group phase runs from August 31 to September 4.

McComie said that, following Thursday’s training session, the current Under- 23 squad will be reduced from 26 to 22. He said former TT youth team defender Makan Hislop will be added to the contingent.

Meanwhile, coach Jan Van Deinsen is expected to rejoin the technical staff in time for the CFU qualifiers. Van Deinsen underwent back surgery last month in his native Holland and, according to a source close to the team, the 50-year-old coach is close to a full recovery and will be back in Trinidad within the next two weeks.

How does an 18 year old get that amount of caps to be able to play in the EPL? How come their are young internationals in the EPL? Are these rules strictly for countries outside of Europe?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2007, 09:57:06 PM »
i know Flex have we spoil wit this site and we feel we betta than slice bread but the reality is we from a banana republic thus no 18 yr old eh go get no work permit so

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2007, 11:19:01 PM »
i now see on tv6 a show called Football 07 i tink it is called
and they did a little piece on the Peltier saga....first interviewing Fenwick then goin to McComie...

now either they do some good editing...or this makin McComie look REAL ignorant..
i know he was arrogant etc...but damn...to say something along the lines of  " Foreigners coming in and exploiting our younger player. and McComie says he wants to put an end to it"

they went back to Fenwick and he sayin he didnt understand that statement(hopefully the editing was done in terms of a response to McComie's answer and not something else--ya know how they like to tief we head int he media with dem tings)

Fenwick went on to say how he doesnt understand that statement cause it is their job to get them opportunities especially a fella like Peltier who from Carenage that is not the best area to live in with gangs, drugs etc. ...and gettin him out of that environment into one like Portsmouth would be a plus of course...

but McComie jus sayin he doh like the fact of a foreigner coming in to exploit our players....
which i aint following fully....
cause the PFL good but...any league outside...if they gettin teh chance to go...they should...the experience itself...and could move on to bigger and better things....
down to men like Rahim and now Theobald...goin to real small clubs...could maybe get them something bigger....and at least when they get older they cant say they regret not goin cause they stayed in trini to play for a Caledonia or Jabloteh ....
unfortunately for Rahim it didnt work out for the best...but it aint always so...

i really hope this clear up and he gets thru next yr. and the powers that be dont keep him out of the national team so he can get his caps to qualify for the work permit...

Anderson got his.....and he had never played for Brazil snr. team til that week when eh came on as a sub.....
and read somewhere that Sven Goran Erikkson i believe, went to the hearing himself to recommend the player...or was it Wenger for Eduardo da Silva...(someone clear that up for me)....

d man young...gettin this chance..it real sad jed...
d man look real upset when they interview him but he know he hadda move on and he know Fenwick   tryin for him cause he want the best for him....
as much as i doh like Fenwick attitude most of the times...(esp. since he pelt a elbow behind a player)
he still hookin players up, even frmo other PFL teams..

this shit eh go stop til Jack Warner ride out...as much as we need his money for funding...i think corporate sponsors braksin from jumpin in to assist because of Warner being in the spotlight with so much bad press

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2007, 04:48:37 AM »
i thought it was only me that saw that mcommie interview...mcommie i realize is ah lil boy and nothin he said made any sense....i dont think any editing was done to tief we head....is all about some behind d scenes football politics/soap opera goin on wit dem coaches...i re-iterate mcommie is ah lil boy

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 06:32:45 AM »
and as much as we would like to know wha went on...
it jus gonna get swept under the carpet....

hopefully the youth go continue to work hard and make it next yr

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2007, 07:54:46 AM »
i now see on tv6 a show called Football 07 i tink it is called
and they did a little piece on the Peltier saga....first interviewing Fenwick then goin to McComie...

now either they do some good editing...or this makin McComie look REAL ignorant..
i know he was arrogant etc...but damn...to say something along the lines of  " Foreigners coming in and exploiting our younger player. and McComie says he wants to put an end to it"

he have to be talking about fenwick and not portsmouth...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2007, 08:27:05 AM »
yeh i gathered that much...

jsu doh know how Fenwick trying to get them men contracts is expolitation............

he HAVE to be talkin bout something else we eh know..he cah be that chupid and ignorant.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2008, 07:12:51 AM »
Well it's the January transfer window and I'm not hearing or seeing anything about Peltier & the others being linked with any clubs. Portsmouth probably would have used him with all those African players missing for the next few weeks had he been signed.

Any news??

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2008, 07:39:45 AM »
Well it's the January transfer window and I'm not hearing or seeing anything about Peltier & the others being linked with any clubs. Portsmouth probably would have used him with all those African players missing for the next few weeks had he been signed.

Any news??

I think he has to wait a year to reapply for a work permit
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pompey_researcher

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »

Any news??

He certainly does, wil be interesting to see if we go for him again

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2008, 05:02:58 AM »

Any news??

time running out to earn some national team caps to make his case stronger

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2008, 06:07:29 AM »
it was rumoured that dutch clubs are interested why not send him there..or even in sweden ... right now he is at the age
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:09:03 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>