April 19, 2024, 10:30:31 PM

Author Topic: Children in Color  (Read 784 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Children in Color
« on: August 03, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »
Today wifey and my 4 yr old daughter went to the park ,my  daughter iz very dark ,while playin in the park with the other kids a little boy came up to her and said you are so black , you are black and i am white ,he iz fair, iam asking my self if he is taught dat at home or if he heard it from other kids.ah mean it did not bother me if the child did not know he is black but i always let our daughter  know that she is blackand beautiful and that we love her .the kids are older than she is for her age she iz tall so they might fell that she iz as old as they are.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Children in Color
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 12:41:47 AM »
I find children more aware of race and skin colour now, probably from much younger that one would expect. In Trinidad as a youth, shit-talking or playing in de road or tracking girls I doh recall even sparing a thought to noticing who was black or red or indian.

So I does real wonder when lil children (I used to tutor some) refer to ppl as "this chinese guy" or "this black guy" or "this brown girl". Maybe they hear it among the older kids in school, or maybe they listen when their parents talk among themselves, I really doh know

zulu but i curious why you must tell your child she is black and beautiful, instead of simply reminding her she is beautiful, daiz all. I guess is these things that does make children aware of race and 'differences' when in truth dey are the all just children.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Re: Children in Color
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 01:38:47 AM »
Why ? because she iz black and beautiful and just in case any body should tell her she can always say thanks i know .she was going kindergarden her JA teacher told her she was brown and she came home sayin she iz brown ,who told you that my teacher  i told her that she was not brown she is black, if you dont prepare your kids some body would prepare them for you and that can have serious effects on them.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

1]; } ?>