July 27, 2024, 03:02:58 AM

Author Topic: Peltier's family crushed... Jabloteh star promises quick recovery.  (Read 6064 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Peltier family crushed.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Jabloteh star promises quick recovery.

“I don’t mind if (Lester Peltier) didn’t get through with his work permit because he didn’t have enough caps or he didn’t have enough international exposure,” said Ann-Marie Peltier, mother of promising CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh attacker Lester Peltier. “But don’t tell me it is just a letter of recommendation that a big man had to put aside his petty vendetta to write.”
The Peltier residence was rocked by news, on Thursday, that the 18-year-old Lester is unable to finalise a four-year deal with England Premier League football club, Portsmouth, after being denied a work permit by the British Home Office.
But Ann-Marie is particularly peeved that, according to Jabloteh coach Terry Fenwick, Lester’s work permit appeal was not supported by national under-23 coach Michael McComie and senior team boss Wim Rijsbergen.
Lester must now wait another 12 months before he can re-apply in England .
Jabloteh have not enjoyed a good working relationship with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation over the past year after clamping down on the release of club players for training outside the FIFA international window.
Fenwick claimed the two parties came to an agreement over an international training schedule that the T&TFF broke. He hinted that Peltier might have suffered as a result.
McComie promised to explain his actions soon while Rijsbergen stated that it was not the business of the Trinidad Express.
Ann-Marie, an unemployed chef and mother of six, was inconsolable. She said that she had only just stopped crying.
“We are talking about a young fellah from Carenage or let’s say the ghetto,” she said, “who has a chance to help himself and maybe his family and because of petty differences between two sides, he can’t get that chance. You cannot explain that to me in any words.
“This is not about Fenwick or McComie. They already have their nice cars and big houses and have their futures intact. But they are taking away my son’s future.
“It is madness, distasteful, disgraceful… I don’t know enough words to describe it.”
Ann-Marie, who voiced her appreciation for Fenwick ’s role in Lester’s career, urged her son to bounce back stronger from the setback and he seemed to have taken it in stride.
Lester, who is known as “Corn Curls” in Carenage after his favourite childhood snack, said that, although disappointed, he is already focusing on his next trials. He is no longer a member of McComie’s under-23 squad because of the friction between national and club coaches but he insisted that he still wants to represent Trinidad and Tobago .
“It is a pleasure to represent your national team,” said Lester. “I would go in the morning if they asked me.”
He is suspended from today’s Pro League clash at the Hasely Crawford Stadium which pits leaders Jabloteh against defending champs, Joe Public—coached by McComie—but revenge was not on his mind.
“I really wanted to play,” said Lester, “because I want to show McComie that I am supposed to be in the national under-23 team right now.”
Ann-Marie vowed that her son would not be denied his dream.
“No one can keep him down,” she said. “What is to be his will be his, although it could have started from (Thursday).”
Lester has no intention of wasting time on self-pity.
“I have to keep my feet on the pedal,” said the versatile attacker, “so that, next time I get an opportunity, I will be ready.”
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 07:30:59 AM by Flex »

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier's family crushed... Jabloteh star promises quick recovery
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »
Keep yuh head up corn curls. Hard work always pays off and you will get your chance again.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Peltier's family crushed... Jabloteh star promises quick recovery.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 07:36:44 AM »
Waiting on mc commie!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
Oh God...

no man... why it hadda be dis kinda bacahnal??

For what!?

This was supposed to be such a promising deal!

STEWPS.

this is asolute f**kery.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 08:22:17 AM »

Hmm I feel the pain of the mother there man. " These guys already have there nice cars and big houses and there future in tact" Hmm I waiting to hear what Mc Comie have to say I just hope is not a case of personal agenda to mess up the youth. However what is for you is for you. God don't sleep hang in their Lester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 09:36:59 AM »

Shameful that people are misleading his family as to the reasons for the permit rejection.

Throwing people under the bus for a cause.  steupse

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »

Shameful that people are misleading his family as to the reasons for the permit rejection.

Throwing people under the bus for a cause.  steupse

McComie & Whim better clear the air on this becuase this is getting out, I usually reserve judgement until I hear both side of the story but this is ridiculous so far.

What is going on in T&T football?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »
What a f**king mess, I feel for the mother and Peltier

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 10:54:24 AM »
this is disgusting and the mentality is rampant in trinidad at all levels, from govt, to corporate to football --- it there

crab in barrel f*cking mentality.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 12:08:01 PM »

Throwing people under the bus for a cause. steupse
Good point DCS, people clouding de real issue wit their own agendas.
As ah wise man once said," if betta cyar be done let de worse continue"...........

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »
Then she should be fine because the reason he eh get it is because he has ZERO CAPS. Not because he eh get a glowin recommendation from Wim and Mccommie
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 12:34:59 PM »
DIAS TRUE??? IT HAVE NO jABLOTEH PLAYERS ON THE u-23'S???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 01:23:40 PM »
Wey boy, politics and football again.  Im waiting to hear Mc commies side of the story, this should be interesting.  Best of luck to corn curls, hopefully he gets something bigger and better.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »
It's like i said before, nothing goes down in T&T football without the vampire's influence. if yuh look good and hard yuh bound to see the count's finger prints in the room. if this yute is such a great player JW must have been the first one to have noticed and would not allow wim and this mc commie guy to dis the programm like that........unless he sanctioned it ! i don't think they could make such a critical dicision without the count's concent. like they want the count to go ape shit on them or what, and after all the man is a business-man and thst yute is big business. me think jack is the real culprit here.              positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 03:49:21 PM »
Then she should be fine because the reason he eh get it is because he has ZERO CAPS. Not because he eh get a glowin recommendation from Wim and Mccommie

...and the reason he didn't get the recommendation is?

How many caps does Alex have for Brazil?  As FPATT said in his post on Thursday, there are ways (especially for a teen like Peltier) to get around that international cap requirement and still secure the work permit.  So it can't just be about him repping the national team...can it?

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

How many caps does Alex have for Brazil?  As FPATT said in his post on Thursday, there are ways (especially for a teen like Peltier) to get around that international cap requirement and still secure the work permit.  So it can't just be about him repping the national team...can it?

The home office don't he is good enough, thats how it is if you don't have the 75%

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »
We all want Corn Curls to get the permit but lets face it the 75% is d key in this story d Wim angle is just to sell papers
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
We all want Corn Curls to get the permit but lets face it the 75% is d key in this story d Wim angle is just to sell papers

That Anderson fellla that Man U just get, he from Brazil and didn't get any senior caps until the Copa and he get his permit before he even get he first cap.  I think that the recommendation would have helped because of his age.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 06:39:16 PM »
« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:36:59 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throwing people under the bus for a cause.  steupse

Obviously his mom will be upset,, but to say that's she is being misled is kind of harsh. Not one of us has invested in his development, so it's easy for us to type on a keyboard and say what we have  to say. Her disappointment should be understandable.

If she does not know what's going on with her son, then damn, who does?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »

Did'nt Kenwyn Jones go to England on one of those teen specials where yuh doh have to represent your country 75% in the last two years ? I believe it had something to do with him getting a student visa first

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2007, 07:02:54 PM »
Jones went via the youth academy Lester did not go via that route so he need the caps which he did not have

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »

That Anderson fellla that Man U just get, he from Brazil and didn't get any senior caps until the Copa and he get his permit before he even get he first cap.  I think that the recommendation would have helped because of his age.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1008/1008506_anderson_trapped_in_red_tape_.html

UNITED will compile a team of experts to argue the Reds' case in their bid to gain a work permit for Brazilian Anderson.

The club are expecting a red-tape battle to secure the services of the 19-year-old.

The immigration department at the Home Office are set to reject United's first official application for a permit to allow Anderson to move to England from Porto.

The Reds agreed last week a move in principle for the midfielder at a cost of £17m.

However, the transfer will be conditional on the South American teenager successfully getting a work permit.

The first application will almost certainly be rejected, as Anderson does not meet the criteria set by the Home Office.

Imports into the Premier League have to have played in 75 per cent of their country's international matches over the last two years.

Debut

Anderson, however, has not even made his full international debut for Brazil.

He is in World Cup-winning Brazilian Dunga's squad for the Copa America that begins this month in Venezuela but that will cut no ice officially with the bureaucrats.

United, though, will be allowed to appeal and club lawyers and witnesses will then be allowed to present Old Trafford's case.

United have had previous experience of the process when they signed Korean Ji-sung Park from PSV Eindhoven.

The Reds called on the then PSV coach Guus Hiddink to help argue Park's case.

The Dutchman's input in explaining how Park would enhance the quality of the Premier League helped the permit to be granted.

United are most likely to send Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant Carlos Queiroz to help put forward the argument for Anderson but may also call Porto coach Jesualdo Ferreira. to present Anderson's qualities.

Sounds like this is what Fenwick and co. were looking for. The difference is, they calling on the players' club coaches - they did not call on the South Korean national coach at the time (altho' Hiddink would def. have known Park from his stint as coach of S Korea), nor did they call on Dunga or Brazil's under 23 coach. In fact, the article says that Dunga selecting Andersen for the Copa America means nothing to them. So a recommendation from Dunga would probably carry no weight. The United lawyers seem to believe you need a recommendation from someone who has coached and knows the player's abilities intimately. Sounds like what they would need is Fenwick's recommendation...

Wim is the senior national team coach. Peltier going to the EPL would only make his job easier..another top international to choose from..and guess what..he wouldn't be a Jabloteh player anymore. So all the problems with him not showing up for training would no longer be an issue. he'd be part of the foreign contingent that showed up a few days before game dates. So I have a hard time believing Wim would purposefully hurt the youth's career. There has to be more to it than what we hearing.....ah boy..I eh able with this one. It kinda have me upset

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
As I said  Wim is ah asshole and ah shit coach too.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1008/1008506_anderson_trapped_in_red_tape_.html

UNITED will compile a team of experts to argue the Reds' case in their bid to gain a work permit for Brazilian Anderson.

The club are expecting a red-tape battle to secure the services of the 19-year-old.

The immigration department at the Home Office are set to reject United's first official application for a permit to allow Anderson to move to England from Porto.

The Reds agreed last week a move in principle for the midfielder at a cost of £17m.

However, the transfer will be conditional on the South American teenager successfully getting a work permit.

The first application will almost certainly be rejected, as Anderson does not meet the criteria set by the Home Office.

Imports into the Premier League have to have played in 75 per cent of their country's international matches over the last two years.

Debut

Anderson, however, has not even made his full international debut for Brazil.

He is in World Cup-winning Brazilian Dunga's squad for the Copa America that begins this month in Venezuela but that will cut no ice officially with the bureaucrats.

United, though, will be allowed to appeal and club lawyers and witnesses will then be allowed to present Old Trafford's case.

United have had previous experience of the process when they signed Korean Ji-sung Park from PSV Eindhoven.

The Reds called on the then PSV coach Guus Hiddink to help argue Park's case.

The Dutchman's input in explaining how Park would enhance the quality of the Premier League helped the permit to be granted.

United are most likely to send Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant Carlos Queiroz to help put forward the argument for Anderson but may also call Porto coach Jesualdo Ferreira. to present Anderson's qualities.

Sounds like this is what Fenwick and co. were looking for. The difference is, they calling on the players' club coaches - they did not call on the South Korean national coach at the time (altho' Hiddink would def. have known Park from his stint as coach of S Korea), nor did they call on Dunga or Brazil's under 23 coach. In fact, the article says that Dunga selecting Andersen for the Copa America means nothing to them. So a recommendation from Dunga would probably carry no weight. The United lawyers seem to believe you need a recommendation from someone who has coached and knows the player's abilities intimately. Sounds like what they would need is Fenwick's recommendation...

Wim is the senior national team coach. Peltier going to the EPL would only make his job easier..another top international to choose from..and guess what..he wouldn't be a Jabloteh player anymore. So all the problems with him not showing up for training would no longer be an issue. he'd be part of the foreign contingent that showed up a few days before game dates. So I have a hard time believing Wim would purposefully hurt the youth's career. There has to be more to it than what we hearing.....ah boy..I eh able with this one. It kinda have me upset

Most relevant post as I've seen regarding this.  It very well may be that they want someone keenly and intimately familiar with his abilities, but the fact that Anderson and Park are negotiating and have negotiated the process points to what FPATT implied...that there are ways around the cap requirement.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 10:24:39 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2007, 10:24:11 PM »

I dunno about him being ah asshole...but this Dutch fella came across from Amsterdam to work on one of our projects for two weeks and I mentioned Wim to him.  Pardna say Wim might help us to get thru qualifications...but no further.  He did'n really hold him in too high a regard.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 12:21:34 AM »

truetrini... i'm sure you'd be grumpy too if you were dealt the same kinda cards that Wim has been dealt in the past year. if i was he, i woulda used that one sentence comment to cuss the entire T&T footballing establishment (then again, i also would not be suprised if he was misquoted or if something got lost in his own translation)

as for Mr. Lester Peltier, daiz some tough, tough luck... Dwight or someone should step up and pull some strings for "Corn Curls".

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 05:34:54 AM »
Please will someone rescue T&T football from it's impending doom brought onn by dull minds.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 10:35:24 AM »

I dunno about him being ah asshole...but this Dutch fella came across from Amsterdam to work on one of our projects for two weeks and I mentioned Wim to him.  Pardna say Wim might help us to get thru qualifications...but no further.  He did'n really hold him in too high a regard.

and this means?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 11:53:53 AM »

and this means?

It means what it states.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 03:49:10 PM »
Well why didnt they just get a recomendation from peltier's club coach instead of asking wim? Wait.......dahs fenwick! Hmm..........
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>