April 29, 2024, 07:32:03 AM

Author Topic: Madrid close to signing Ballack, Robben  (Read 3333 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Madrid close to signing Ballack, Robben
« on: August 05, 2007, 08:20:43 PM »
Madrid close to signing Ballack, Robben 
Associated Press, Updated 1 day ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

MADRID, Spain (AP) - Real Madrid is close to signing Germany midfielder Michael Ballack and Netherlands winger Arjen Robben from Chelsea, Spanish media reported Saturday.

The leading Cadena SER radio and sports dailies AS and Marca said the two internationals could move to Madrid for a total of some €40 million.
"It would be great news," Madrid coach Bernd Schuster told Spanish National Radio from Moscow where the team beat Lokomotiv 5-2 Friday. "Hopefully, we'll be able to announce the signing of one or two big players soon."

Summer Transfers 

Photos:
• Summer Transfer Gallery
• MLS Transfer Gallery

Stories:
• Premiership Transfer List
• European Transfer List
• MLS Transfer List

Madrid president Ramon Calderon is known to favor Robben while Schuster is said to have demanded Ballack.

AS said the two clubs would resume negotiations Saturday.

Real Madrid officials were not available for comment.

Robben, 23, has been at Chelsea since joining from PSV Eindhoven in 2004. Ballack joined the London club last season from Bayern Munich.                                                             
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
its official Robben gorn tuh Real
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:22:46 PM »
Chelsea Football Club and Real Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of Arjen Robben subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical....from the Chelsea site

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: its official Robben gorn tuh Real
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 03:36:32 PM »
Yeaaaah baby. White is the colour!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »
Stueps ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »
Stueps ::)

lol How allyuh ManBoo people badmind so boy?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 05:12:29 PM »
Kicker that eh go help all yuh nah.

When Henry and Eto'o start to run at that porous defense yuh go see problems.

Més que un club.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 05:23:48 PM »

u done know lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 05:36:52 PM »
One less diving headache for the EPL refs...........
good riddance.  SWP, do your thing now!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea give up on Alves.
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »
23/08/2007 01:30
 http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=391106

GOAL.com

Chelsea Strike 5.5M Belletti Agreement

Frustrated by Sevilla's inflated valuation of Daniel Alves, Chelsea have chosen to look for alternative solutions, and sealed a 5.5 million euro deal for Barcelona's Juliano Belletti.

Chelsea have been in the market for a right back pretty much since the start of the summer, and Daniel Alves has been the number one target for a while now.

However, Sevilla have refused to budge from their 36 million euro valuation of the right-back, and in fact raised it to 40 million on Wednesday.

It was a clear indication that they wanted to hang on to their star player as they head for their maiden Champions League campaign. Chelsea understood the signs full well (alternatively, you could say that their patience finally wore thin).

With Real Madrid selling fellow Brazilian right-back Cicinho to Roma, another avenue was closed, and the Blues have pitched for yet another Brazilian full-back in Juliano Belletti.

Belletti had a reasonably good first two seasons at the Nou Camp after moving from Villarreal in a swap deal involving Jose Reina in 2004. In fact, he wrote himself into Barcelona's history books in May 2006, when he scored the winner against Arsenal in the Champions League final.

However, he has since been demoted to the bench due to the arrival of Gianluca Zambrotta from Juventus, and was keen on a move away in order to get more first team chances.

That he will get at Chelsea, who actually played Michael Essien at right-back against Liverpool last weekend. A 5.5 million euro deal has been struck, and the 31-year-old is expected to sign a three year contract at Stamford Bridge later today.
He has won two La Liga titles and the Champions League with Barcelona, as well as the 2002 World Cup with Brazil.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:48:24 PM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 08:26:16 PM »
Decent signing...with Roberto Carlos gone and Cicinho always iffy with injuries, Real need somebody to tear down the flanks, cut in and pelt bullet, or put in a nice ball in the box.

Hope Robben go leave the drama queen antics behind in England though.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Chelsea double money on Robben and sign Beletti for 3.5
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2680456,00.html

CHELSEA AGREE BELLETTI DEAL
Chelsea's search for a right-back appears to have ended after agreeing a deal with Barcelona for Juliano Belletti.

After declaring an interest in Dani Alves but not agreeing a fee with Sevilla, Chelsea closed in on Belletti, underlining chairman Bruce Buck's insistence that the club would not be held to ransom in any transfer deal.

Buck has also described Arjen Robben's move to Real Madrid as a "very good business result", with Jose Mourinho's squad taking shape as Chelsea look to win back the Premier League title.

Robben's move to Spain is worth around double the £12million Chelsea paid PSV Eindhoven in 2004 for the Holland winger, a healthy return for a player who did not want to stay at Stamford Bridge.

"Value is not the right word, we had a very good business result there," said Buck. "We pretty much doubled our money in terms of the transfer fee we paid three years ago."

Chelsea's transfer policy has shifted since Roman Abramovich first became owner, with chief executive Peter Kenyon outlining in the summer that money is available for the right players at the right price.

"It goes both ways in terms of not being held ransom, in respect to players we might be selling and not being held ransom in respect to players we might be buying," said Buck.

"In all those situations we are looking to get the price we think is appropriate, either buying a player or selling a player."

Buck added: "In the first year we spent quite a bit of money because we felt we had catch-up to do.

"Always, the plan was for the amount we spent on aggregate for transfers each window, to go down every time. It has.

"It just makes sense for the club - we're looking to bring more players through the academy, which takes time to implement.

"Over time I think we'll have a better strategy towards spending money during transfer windows."

Alves, who has been tipped to join Robben in Madrid, is seen as one of the most exciting full-backs in Europe but in Belletti they have a 31-year-old, also Brazilian, who scored the winning goal in the Champions League final two seasons ago.

The club confirmed in a statement: "Chelsea Football Club and FC Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of Juliano Belletti, subject to the player agreeing personal terms and passing a medical."

Robben's departure, meanwhile, came despite Chelsea wanting the winger to stay, although losing him has been softened by Florent Malouda's early-season form.

"Jose said when we were in the US, and I've said many times, we wanted Arjen to stay," Buck added.

"We think he's a very good player and he's made a real contribution to Chelsea Football Club. For reasons only he can answer, he wanted to leave. We weren't going to let him leave unless there was an appropriate business resolution.

"Peter Kenyon did some very good business there. We wish him (Robben) well."

Buck was speaking at the launch of a team of former players, with Chelsea Old Boys playing against the West Ham Team of '86 at Tooting and Mitcham FC this Sunday.

The project, which will give its proceeds to the Chelsea Past Players' Trust, has been seen as another sign of Abramovich's commitment to Chelsea.

"Roman is 100% committed to this club and has been since July 1, 2003," said Buck. "We see no change in that in the foreseeable future."

Former Chelsea player Clive Walker said: "We understand that football has moved on, these guys should earn as much as they can because there is a long time out of football.

"These guys will not have to worry about their future, some of the guys through the 70s and 80s have fallen on hard times."

...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 02:24:53 PM »

Whatever...

You just concern yourself with being the second best team in Spain nah and let the Champions do their thing...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 02:43:49 PM »

Whatever...

You just concern yourself with being the second best team in Spain nah and let the Champions do their thing...

:D Lovely
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 03:50:05 PM »

Whatever...

yuh know for ah man who win the league on ah technicality yuh have plenty lip

doh worry, like I tell yuh on MSN, vengeance will be mine

Més que un club.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Madrid close to signing Ballack, Robben
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
barca 4ever......madrid pepare 4 the wrath of the famous 4
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 05:15:53 PM »
barca 4ever......madrid pepare 4 the wrath of the famous 4

Fantastic Four vs the Galacticos...my money's on the latter. La Liga will be orn like boil corn this season.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 06:21:52 PM »
All three of these deals are good for Chelsea.

Both Ballack and Robben were the equivalent of dead weight last season and Belleti is an improvement over anything that they have now.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 11:20:18 PM »

Whatever...

yuh know for ah man who win the league on ah technicality yuh have plenty lip

doh worry, like I tell yuh on MSN, vengeance will be mine

Hoss yuh bawl how yuh want the title to be decided by goal difference

goal difference is not a technicality? As far as I'm concerned anything besides outright points is a "technicality"....wha more yuh want? 

If allyuh had a head to head advantage over us, and we had the advantage in goal difference, and the title went tuh Barca yuh would have no complaints, and it would be easy to justify......giwwe a bligh nah and lewwe see wha play off next season nah......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 05:45:27 AM »
Ah boy, the league look like it will be hot this year. Barca still taking 6 points from Real and taking La Liga too.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 07:03:37 AM »
Unhappy Alves still aiming to leave Sevilla

MADRID, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Right back Daniel Alves still wants to leave Sevilla before next week's transfer deadline even though a possible move to Chelsea appears to have collapsed.

Click here
The two clubs failed to reach an agreement over the transfer and the Londoners instead signed another Brazilian right back, Barcelona's Juliano Belletti, on Thursday.

'It is the opportunity of a lifetime for me and I haven't changed my opinion, I want to leave,' said the 24-year-old Alves, who has also been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

'I'm disappointed the way I've been treated and I've given everything to this club,' he told a news conference on Friday. 'I expected a little more respect and the person who runs this club hasn't given it to me.'

Alves said he would not be happy if he had to remain at Sevilla.

'We agreed if a good offer arrived the club would look at it,' said the defender. 'I can't set my price but I think an offer of 36 million euros ($48.84 million) for a full back is acceptable.

'If I stay at Sevilla I won't be happy because I will always have the feeling I have missed the opportunity of a lifetime.'

Alves did not know which club had made the offer but was sure Sevilla supporters would understand his desire to leave.

'Ask any fan what they would do if they were offered double their present salary,' he said.

Alves, who came on as a substitute in Brazil's 2-0 win over Algeria in a friendly this week, added he was not in condition to play in Sevilla's opening league match of the season against Getafe on Sunday.

'I've had pains since playing the game against Real Madrid (in the Spanish Super Cup) and I'm not in a position to force things at the moment,' he said.

Alves has been one of Sevilla's outstanding players in recent seasons and was a key figure in their UEFA Cup triumphs in 2006 and 2007 and their King's Cup victory last June.

d man thinking dollars and sense ah car blaim him....beat the iron while it hot yes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

1]; } ?>