March 28, 2024, 03:29:27 AM

Author Topic: McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier.  (Read 5760 times)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier.
« on: August 08, 2007, 03:33:26 AM »
McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier.
By: Joel Bailey (Newsday).

Trinidad and Tobago Under-23 football assistant coach Michael McComie said lack of national caps was the reason for CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh’s Lester Peltier being denied a work permit by the UK Home Office.
The 18-year-old Peltier who was once a member of the Under-23s, was on the verge of a four-year deal with English Premiership club Portsmouth.
It was alleged by Jabloteh’s coach Terry Fenwick that McComie, national coach Wim Rijsbergen and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) refused to assist young Peltier.
But McComie quickly pointed out, “Jan-Michael Williams was denied a contract with Glasgow Rangers in 2003 also based on work permit issues.
“England is very strict,” he said. “People come to Trinidad and they see a pond of talent and they also see a lot of dollar signs. Some people try to manipulate the system for their own benefits.”
The former national goalkeeper emphasised, “as long as I am here, no one will use me. If they happen to get through, well so be it for them.
“We have all the information but I cannot speak about it right now,” said the interim Joe Public coach.
“You’ll be surprised to know some of the things that do transpire. Not everything that glitters is gold and people in Trinidad need to understand that.”
He added, “a lot of people don’t know what goes on behind closed doors in terms of the business arrangements with these players. We had nothing to do with the player.
“I’ve never spoken to Mr Fenwick for 2007 and I’m seeing my name,” McComie said. “The work permit issue has nothing to do with a recommendation letter.
“As long as the Football Federation has their meeting and clears the air, in terms of having a press conference, more will be said on it.”
The Under-23s are preparing for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifiers against hosts Suriname, Guyana and Netherlands Antilles in Group “A”. The group phase runs from August 31 to September 4.
McComie said that, following Thursday’s training session, the current Under- 23 squad will be reduced from 26 to 22. He said former TT youth team defender Makan Hislop will be added to the contingent.
Meanwhile, coach Jan Van Deinsen is expected to rejoin the technical staff in time for the CFU qualifiers. Van Deinsen underwent back surgery last month in his native Holland and, according to a source close to the team, the 50-year-old coach is close to a full recovery and will be back in Trinidad within the next two weeks.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 06:47:26 AM by Flex »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:20:42 AM »
He could've written the letter to recommend it would have strengthened his case.It 's a case of jealousy or as i believe he cant read and write. We have too much unqualified and untrained coaches here just spoiling players.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: McComie: Lack of national caps cost Peltier.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 06:58:11 AM »
Who de f000ck is you to dictate a man future !!!!!!!!!!

Someone should pelt McComie with a full fat bottle of solo when he on the touch line coaching. He is truly a professional kakahole who head bigger then he game. never liked him as a goalie and never like him as a coach, now he sounding like Jack Warner jr. Once he here this and that will never happen... fork manipulate the system, the TTFF have no system, we players getting a chance to go abroad and better them selves but if it was his son he would never hold him back, but McComie want something in return, if Portsmouth was giving McComie part of the transfer money he would have written 10 letters of recommendations for him.....

McComie, Not because you never got picked up by a foreign club when you was a pussy goalie you will try to spite the ones trying to go aboard now !!

Now Peltier get dropped from de under 23 side to.....

If Peltier was playing for Joe Public wonder what McComie would have done !

Glasgow Rangers is based in Scotland jackass.... !!!! not England..... yuh blasted dunce...

He should also tell us what goes on behind the scenes with the TTFF and Jack Warner while he at it too !!!!!

McComie, you will suffer !!!!!!!!! I await patiently...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:20:19 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 07:05:32 AM »

Someone should pelt McComie with a full fat bottle of solo when he on the touch line coaching. He is truly a professional kakahole who head bigger then he game. never liked him as a goalie and never like him as a coach, now he sounding like Jack Warner jr. Once he here this and that will never happen... fork manipulate the system, the TTFF have no system, we players getting a chance to go abroad and better them selves but if it was his son he would never hold him back, but McComie want something in return, if Portsmouth was giving McComie part of the transfer money he would have written 10 letters of recommendations for him.....

McComie, Not because you never got picked up by a foreign club when you was a pussy goalie you will try to spite the ones trying to go aboard now !!

Glasgow Rangers is based in Scotland jackass.... !!!! not England..... yuh blasted dunce...

He should also tell us what goes on behind the scenes with the TTFF and Jack Warner while he at it too !!!!!

im not sure but I think Sam might be a lil bit upset, I could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 07:20:32 AM by Flex »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 07:56:25 AM »
Imagine i wait all this time for mc commie to respond and the best he could come up with is the fact that nobody is going to use him and that we ent know all de facts?

steups!!

I hope that when Jack fired them Cubans and then call him to coach de team on a short term basis that he ent feel used.!!

ah steupsing
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 07:59:53 AM »

im not sure but I think Sam might be a lil bit upset, I could be wrong though.
;D ;D
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:03:12 AM »
I real sorry to hear about this. This youth man probably devastated right now. I can't believe this happen. But god is good and god is gracious. You will get another break son and the time will be right.

Let this be a lesson to all other youths out there. If is one thing McCommie and them so called coaches can't take away from no player is their education. Listen what I telling you youths. Take scholarships, get an education and then the doors will still be open for those types of opportunities in the future. Not everybody makes the million and hundreds of thousands. So "play safe, and play where you see."

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »
Work Permits: Football
Mr. Willetts: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many work permits were granted to footballers since 1990; and in what situations they were required. [126045]

Mr. Byrne: The following table shows how many footballers have been granted work permits in each year since 1995. There are no statistics available for the period before 1995.

Prior to the 1999-2000 season the work permit requirements were:

The player had to have played in approximately 75 per cent. of international matches for a national team that regularly engaged in competitive matches at the top level of world football.

Clubs had to provide evidence that they had made genuine efforts to recruit players from the UK and EEA labour market.

The salary offered had to reflect the current market rates and the club had to indicate the position that the overseas player would take in its salary structure.

In 1999 the criteria were changed and the current requirements were put in place. The requirements are:

The player must have played for his country in at least 75per cent. of its competitive ‘A’ team international matches he was available for during the two years preceding the date of the application.

The player's country must also be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Where an application does not meet these requirements the club can request a review by an independent panel of the football bodies and three independent experts.

...I hope the policy of the home office is made clearer now ...these people have to explain their actions ...dis eh trinidad you know ...where you know somebody or somebody go talk to he for you !!!!
I see we still swallowing hook line and sinker all de foreigner tell us to this day ...if it was a local who did pull a stunt like dat we woudda sell him to the arab traders long time ...Fenwick is a fraud !!! i was not coinvinced that a primiership team would sign not one but 3 untried, untested local footballers from T&T all in one go , but many were slapping hands and giving high fives as if it was a done deal . The moderators could pull out the comments on the original posts and i suspect now many comments are to justify some jealots who accepted as fact the most ludicrous releases made by fenwick. I class it as the one printed some years ago where a local reporter  wrote that Jerron nixon was rated over 9 million pounds ...when he was not even on the starting team for his club in switzerland ! When i asked him how he could write that we simply said ..dais wha de coach say !!
A good poker player will see that fenwick bluffed with a dead hand and when called, he is looking to blame someone, anyone else , the dealer perhaps ??? just turn it around and play the sympathy card and let the population blame the national coach ...as everyone and  knows by now  , I hold no brief fot the dutchman and the TTFF but they are not to blame for this one, not by a long shot !!
we are so easily played i wonder if we really arrived as yet ?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 08:28:38 AM »
Work Permits: Football
Mr. Willetts: To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department how many work permits were granted to footballers since 1990; and in what situations they were required. [126045]

Mr. Byrne: The following table shows how many footballers have been granted work permits in each year since 1995. There are no statistics available for the period before 1995.

Prior to the 1999-2000 season the work permit requirements were:

The player had to have played in approximately 75 per cent. of international matches for a national team that regularly engaged in competitive matches at the top level of world football.

Clubs had to provide evidence that they had made genuine efforts to recruit players from the UK and EEA labour market.

The salary offered had to reflect the current market rates and the club had to indicate the position that the overseas player would take in its salary structure.

In 1999 the criteria were changed and the current requirements were put in place. The requirements are:

The player must have played for his country in at least 75per cent. of its competitive ‘A’ team international matches he was available for during the two years preceding the date of the application.

The player's country must also be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Where an application does not meet these requirements the club can request a review by an independent panel of the football bodies and three independent experts.

...I hope the policy of the home office is made clearer now ...these people have to explain their actions ...dis eh trinidad you know ...where you know somebody or somebody go talk to he for you !!!!
I see we still swallowing hook line and sinker all de foreigner tell us to this day ...if it was a local who did pull a stunt like dat we woudda sell him to the arab traders long time ...Fenwick is a fraud !!! i was not coinvinced that a primiership team would sign not one but 3 untried, untested local footballers from T&T all in one go , but many were slapping hands and giving high fives as if it was a done deal . The moderators could pull out the comments on the original posts and i suspect now many comments are to justify some jealots who accepted as fact the most ludicrous releases made by fenwick. I class it as the one printed some years ago where a local reporter  wrote that Jerron nixon was rated over 9 million pounds ...when he was not even on the starting team for his club in switzerland ! When i asked him how he could write that we simply said ..dais wha de coach say !!
A good poker player will see that fenwick bluffed with a dead hand and when called, he is looking to blame someone, anyone else , the dealer perhaps ??? just turn it around and play the sympathy card and let the population blame the national coach ...as everyone and  knows by now  , I hold no brief fot the dutchman and the TTFF but they are not to blame for this one, not by a long shot !!
we are so easily played i wonder if we really arrived as yet ?
:beermug: :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 08:43:11 AM »
I real sorry to hear about this. This youth man probably devastated right now. I can't believe this happen. But god is good and god is gracious. You will get another break son and the time will be right.

Let this be a lesson to all other youths out there. If is one thing McCommie and them so called coaches can't take away from no player is their education. Listen what I telling you youths. Take scholarships, get an education and then the doors will still be open for those types of opportunities in the future. Not everybody makes the million and hundreds of thousands. So "play safe, and play where you see."

Kingman

Kingman you is a guy who i see as very knowledgable bout Trini football and football players.  I gather you are somehow involed, so I have to ask do you think McComie not writing the letter is the reason he did not get the permit?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 12:34:35 PM »

Kingman
Kingman you is a guy who i see as very knowledgable bout Trini football and football players.  I gather you are somehow involed, so I have to ask do you think McComie not writing the letter is the reason he did not get the permit?
I promise ah wasn't going to talk about the Peltier case anymore...but I have to add some more.  Speaking for myself, and I think others might relate...we are disappointed for Peltier that he didn't get thru.  Maybe Fenwick tried to make himself and his abilities to be more than they actually were, maybe.  However, more disappointing to me are the behavior of Wim and McComie..if not MORE disappointing, then it certainly exacerbated the situation. 

Regardless as to whether the recommendation would have gotten Peltier in the EPL or not...again I must ask, what harm would have come from trying?  I can't conceive of anyway in which this situation casts either of them in a positive light.  Consider the potential reasons for declining to provide the recommendation:

1. We respectfully decline because we don't know enough about the young man or his abilities.

...a stunning admission of ineptitude if national team coaches would say that their current programs for tracking up and coming players are ineffective...since far away Portsmouth can see enough of him and they can't.  Especially so with McComie coaching against the youth.

2. We respecfully decline because we cannot foresee how effective our efforts will be in light of the low probability of success for Mr. Pelitier.  We believe his lack of caps for the senior squad dooms his chances, thus we would rather not expend the effort.

...stunning if this were actually the case, "we think it a waste of time, so we'd rather not bother help at all".

3. We respectfully decline because we find the young man to be impudent and dismissive of our authority and of what a privilege it is to represent one's country.  Our personal displeasure with the young man's actions prevents us from lending our support.

...makes them seem petty and vindictive, which many of us can reasonably be at times...but you'd expect more of them given their office and given the opportunity (not just for Peltier, but for TnT football on the whole) at stake.

Maybe some of you esteemed gents could come up with a more flattering rationale for them declining their support.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 12:36:42 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »
I promise ah wasn't going to talk about the Peltier case anymore...but I have to add some more.  Speaking for myself, and I think others might relate...we are disappointed for Peltier that he didn't get thru.  Maybe Fenwick tried to make himself and his abilities to be more than they actually were, maybe.  However, more disappointing to me are the behavior of Wim and McComie..if not MORE disappointing, then it certainly exacerbated the situation. 

Regardless as to whether the recommendation would have gotten Peltier in the EPL or not...again I must ask, what harm would have come from trying?  I can't conceive of anyway in which this situation casts either of them in a positive light.  Consider the potential reasons for declining to provide the recommendation:

1. We respectfully decline because we don't know enough about the young man or his abilities.

...a stunning admission of ineptitude if national team coaches would say that their current programs for tracking up and coming players are ineffective...since far away Portsmouth can see enough of him and they can't.  Especially so with McComie coaching against the youth.

2. We respecfully decline because we cannot foresee how effective our efforts will be in light of the low probability of success for Mr. Pelitier.  We believe his lack of caps for the senior squad dooms his chances, thus we would rather not expend the effort.

...stunning if this were actually the case, "we think it a waste of time, so we'd rather not bother help at all".

3. We respectfully decline because we find the young man to be impudent and dismissive of our authority and of what a privilege it is to represent one's country.  Our personal displeasure with the young man's actions prevents us from lending our support.

...makes them seem petty and vindictive, which many of us can reasonably be at times...but you'd expect more of them given their office and given the opportunity (not just for Peltier, but for TnT football on the whole) at stake.

Maybe some of you esteemed gents could come up with a more flattering rationale for them declining their support.

McComie's response is baffling and disjointed. On one hand he says he never spoke to Fenwick...which if true..is all he really had to say. But if they never spoke, then why all the talk about information that will soon be released etc. hermmmm

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 01:07:55 PM »
Anyone ever had their school principal write a letter of recommendation for them? The principal is not directly involved in your class performance but gets feedback from your class teachers. yet, the principal can make a recommendation based on (1) Class teachers feedback (2) The information provided such as test, and (3) Social and extra curricular activities observed.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
The man say he never talk to Fenwick for all of 2007. If that is true, then Fenwick spreading lies, and allyuh blaming McComie and Wim for nuttin.

Frankly, I feel Fenwick just covering his own ass. He doh want to look like is his fault so he trying to blame anybody else. Sad to see so many ppl on this board falling for it hook, line and sinker
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
for all the ppl who blaming McComie and Wim, check this thread

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=29772.0
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 01:48:23 PM »

McComie's response is baffling and disjointed. On one hand he says he never spoke to Fenwick...which if true..is all he really had to say. But if they never spoke, then why all the talk about information that will soon be released etc. hermmmm

I think the information he might be talking about that will soon be released may have to do with Fenwicks motivations and business dealings with these transfers.
Who knows maybe he was trying to act in a capacity that he was not qualified for to get a bigger piece of the financial windfall, muck up the deal and trying to blame others.

While I agree that writing the letter could not have hurt, i dont think it did any damage.  As I mentioned before some folks are not into doing things just to say they did it  "...I know this letter aint gonna help, but I go write it anyways..." not everybody does move so.

Also we all know that Fenwick keeping his players away from National team practice is why Wim doh want to help him out, and i think it has now come to light that Peltier removing himself for the youth team so unprofessionally (as Brian Williams stated, not me) prolly didnt help his cause either.

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »

While I agree that writing the letter could not have hurt, i dont think it did any damage.  As I mentioned before some folks are not into doing things just to say they did it  "...I know this letter aint gonna help, but I go write it anyways..." not everybody does move so.

Also we all know that Fenwick keeping his players away from National team practice is why Wim doh want to help him out, and i think it has now come to light that Peltier removing himself for the youth team so unprofessionally (as Brian Williams stated, not me) prolly didnt help his cause either.

Alright the letter could not have hurt. So why not write it. If somebody going to fail, would you just let them fail.

But i want to know yuh thoughts on the fact that fenwick keeping his players away...Is the club paying the players.
It's kind of a domino effect.
The coach may quicker call up foreign based...but to get to be foreign based, yuh hadda play so much games for the national team.
and as the current impass shows.. the national team MAY(MAY) not pay.
So what is a young player like Peltier to do. Forget fenwick and play for the national team?
I believe no matter the outcome, he should have written a letter about what he has heard about the player. nuthin else.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 02:11:25 PM »
The man say he never talk to Fenwick for all of 2007. If that is true, then Fenwick spreading lies, and allyuh blaming McComie and Wim for nuttin.

Frankly, I feel Fenwick just covering his own ass. He doh want to look like is his fault so he trying to blame anybody else. Sad to see so many ppl on this board falling for it hook, line and sinker
He say he never talk to Fenwick...assuming that Fenwick would have been the one to approach him (and not someone else from Peltier's camp) then this implies he was never asked to provide a letter of recommendation.  If however someone else asked him to do such, then him not speaking to Fenwick has nothing to do with the issue.

At any rate, as filho say, his response is confusing.  He talks about more things happening behind the scenes, that more to come, and that he doesn't want to be used.  I dunno...but I kinda interpreted that as meaning that given Peltier's attitude and behavior in his eyes...there's no way in hell he was going to lend no hand to help him with nutten.  Other possibilities exist of course.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 02:15:49 PM »

Fenwick's actions and the effect it had on Wim has nothing to do with Peltier...under your scenario, Wim should recognize this.

Peltier's actions vis-a-vis Williams has nothing to do with McComie...yet even so, if it did in fact rub him the wrong way, this would have better served as an opportunity to sit the youth down and have a heart to heart...both as a 'big brother'...and from the standpoint of a national coach.  Far better than to say "hard luck...try somebody else".

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »
Can someone clearly point out the rules for playing in the EPL.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 04:50:54 PM »
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it....FORGET ENGLAND AND TRY ELSEWHERE!!!!!

If he was good enough for Portsmouth then surely he can get a contract with a club on the continent and after 5 years he can apply for citizenship and then he can play anywhere he damn well pleases.

People are acting like all is lost when it's only a setback....unless his agent is completely incompetent.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 04:55:00 PM by PantherX »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 04:56:32 PM »
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it....FORGET ENGLAND AND TRY ELSEWHERE!!!!!

If he was good enough for Portsmouth then surely he can get a contract with a club on the continent and after 5 years he can apply for citizenship and then he can play anywhere he damn well pleases.

People are acting like all is lost when it's only a setback....unless his agent is completely incompetent.
Nobody...but nobody, is even arguing anything close to what you're stating.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 05:49:01 PM »
Very true but the argument itself is pointless.  The only thing relevant here is caps which he didn't have enough of to qualify for a work permit regardless of how many letters were written everything else is the usual trini drama.

Life goes on.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »
Very true but the argument itself is pointless.  The only thing relevant here is caps which he didn't have enough of to qualify for a work permit regardless of how many letters were written everything else is the usual trini drama.

Life goes on.
yeah at this point the argument is becoming more and more pointless.  Many continue to speak out of a mix of frustration and disappointment though, and possibly errantly directing their frustrations at Wim/McComie.  You have to admit though that they didn't exactly help themselves with their respective responses to the situation.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
i wanna know ...i readin this wrong????

this line here

The former national goalkeeper emphasised, “as long as I am here, no one will use me. If they happen to get through, well so be it for them.

i assuming here ppls cah come to him to get hook up with a Scholarship or a trial or recommendation for a fellow trini player???
he sayin "no one will use me"

as a coach that is come like a unwritten rule....unless d player is real shit or he good but indisciplined and ya doh want him to ruin ya reputation when he reach up..i understand that....
but to say no one will use him..WTF?!?!
who is he...he a coach...he do good with Public...and Peltier supposed to be inthe U23  under his coaching....
so y he cah recommend...is not about being used!?
McComie need to clear that shit up...he being REAL vague...tryin to cover his ass maybe

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 08:16:55 PM »
i wanna know ...i readin this wrong????

this line here

i assuming here ppls cah come to him to get hook up with a Scholarship or a trial or recommendation for a fellow trini player???
he sayin "no one will use me"

as a coach that is come like a unwritten rule....unless d player is real shit or he good but indisciplined and ya doh want him to ruin ya reputation when he reach up..i understand that....
but to say no one will use him..WTF?!?!
who is he...he a coach...he do good with Public...and Peltier supposed to be inthe U23  under his coaching....
so y he cah recommend...is not about being used!?
McComie need to clear that shit up...he being REAL vague...tryin to cover his ass maybe
i think, rather i hope he means that nobody will use him as a scapegoat for not getting through.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 04:18:11 AM »
How much does it take to make people understand the criteria for Non-EC players to get a work permit in Britain. Why is there always a need to show proof. If yuh follow English Ball you will know countless foreign players have failed to get work permits here and why, as the reasons are always reported in the press. Almost always they fail fuh the same reasons. The cases always follow the same process, if they haven't got enough international experience they fail the initial bid. It then goes to appeal where it is up to the club to prove why the player should get a permit. Getting permits on appeal to play in the EPL is a lot harder than getting a permit to play in the SPL and lower British leagues as you are basically trying to prove the player you are signing is equal to or better than the talent that already exists in the division. Most use arguments like the player would have got more caps if.....this or that had or hadn't happened (e.g. injury, Pele was playing in his position but he was in the squad everytime etc), some use the players previous pro experience if the international caps thing is ah non-starter (buh ah doh think just playing in the PFL go do much good mehself, at least not yet!). In all cases you need to have proof to support yuh argument.

From what I understand Peltier doh even have much youth international experience to swing the appeal panels opinion, so Fenwick was trying ah fast one by hoping the national coaches would give the fella ah character (potential) reference. As Fenwick has always had a suspect rep in the UK since his pompey days, he may well have had inside info (or influence) that if the international coaches said the right things the appeal would be successful. It is at this stage you can make your own conclusions....It seems clear to me that McComie doh like Fenwick, but who knows about Wim's view? So either Fenwick was asking these men to lie (in their opinion) about Peltier in some way or they just doh like Fenwick and blank him. I just cannot imagine that both national coaches would destroy a youngman's chance of progress for something as petty as bitterness. So in my opinion Fenwick was asking them to say things they simply did not believe or could not logically support. For example if McComie said Peltier had excellent potential and would soon break into the National Squad  ...would that not put him under severe pressure to select the player, even if he doh really want to. And what if Peltier turned out to be crap. Ditto for Wim.

Unfortunately Fenwick has always been a bit suspect to me, I'm glad he is trying to get contracts for T&T players but I don't think it is down to his love for T&T or his dedication to improving local football. He wouldn't be able to do what he currently does in the UK. No way would you be allowed to manage and act as an agent for players of your and other clubs. Fenwick is ah bigtime opportunist, he know he in a position to get big dividends here as no other local managers have contacts in the UK like him. If he is such ah good manager why he not working in the Middle east, Asia or the MLS where wages are much better
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:20:10 AM by Rodney »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 05:01:04 AM »
After all is said and done, the question still remaines, will peltier ever get a chance to play for the senior team so he could get some caps under his belt to re-apply in the january transfer, or would those spiteful coaches play ah negative role in holding back the youth.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 06:08:54 AM »
On a side note....Still find it odd that all the focus is on Peltier. What about Hylan and Guerra (i think those were the other trialists)...weren't they in the same boat?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 08:16:10 AM »
After all is said and done, the question still remaines, will peltier ever get a chance to play for the senior team so he could get some caps under his belt to re-apply in the january transfer, or would those spiteful coaches play ah negative role in holding back the youth.

Im pretty sure he will be called again, to me the question remains will Fenwick allow him to train?  Will he show up when called and stay?

1]; } ?>