March 29, 2024, 02:16:29 AM

Author Topic: Boucaud joins Wycombe Wanderers.  (Read 2812 times)

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boucaud joins Wycombe Wanderers.
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:10:34 AM »
Boucaud joins Wycombe Wanderers.
(Wycombe Wanderers).

Wycombe have signed midfielder Andre Boucaud following a successful trial with the club. The 22-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international has penned a one-year deal with Wycombe Wanderers and becomes boss Paul Lambert's 11th new signing of the summer. Boucaud, whose former clubs include Reading and Peterborough, has spent the pre-season with the Blues and featured in all their friendly games. He was a free agent after leaving Kettering Town at the end of last season. Lambert told the club's website: "I'm delighted to get Andre. He's been with us for a few weeks and he's done really well in training and in our pre-season games. "He's only 22, but he plays older than his years and he's a gritty competitor who is also very good on the ball. I'm sure that our fans will like him."
"I'm just a player who loves football.
By: Dale Hurman (Wycombe Wanderers).
[/size]

At just 22, you might not have expected midfielder Andre Boucaud have had such a colourful career that has included spells with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur on the one hand and Kettering Town on the other.
After spending almost six weeks on trial with the Blues Andre is happy to have signed his contract. He said: "It's a relief I've signed, I've signed for a year. Now I can get my head and prove myself really."
He spoke about the early years of career that saw him move across London from Queens Park Rangers to Tottenham Hotspur and then to Reading. "He (then Reading manager Alan Pardew) is the man who really gave me my opportunity in football. He went on to West Ham and left me behind. It was quite difficult."
He then explained his move from the Royals to the Posh in summer of 2004. "I wasn't playing at Reading so I decided to go on loan it was a great experience. Obviously it helped me because when my Reading contract came to an end I had a club, I didn't have to go on trial so it helped me very well."
"I played a lot of games for them, obviously being on loan twice and signing permanently. As everyone knows about Peterborough it was a bit up and down, new managers and stuff like that so it's difficult to get your foot in and play week in week out."
After leaving London Road last summer, Boucaud found himself playing with Kettering Town in the Conference North. Andre explained: "At the end of the day it was a reality check. I went down there and there's not much football being played, it's a lot more physical, but at the end of the day it was football and I needed to show that my head's right and I can get down and play football."
Having spent some time with the Blues this summer, Andre is grateful for the opportunity. "They're a nice bunch of lads here, great manager, good assistant and I'm just grateful they gave me the opportunity and I'm glad to be here and playing football."
Andre was asked why he might not yet have fulfilled the potential of his early years and he responded: "Who knows, maybe it was me, maybe it was people's opinions of me. Maybe I didn't know when to shut my mouth when I should have. But you live and learn, I'm only 22, it's not too late hopefully I'm putting the right foot forward and taking it from there."
"My head's right, I'm here to work hard and hopefuly get Wycombe into League One"
When asked what kind of player he considered himself, Andre said: "I'm just a player who loves football, I like to get it down and pass. It's how football should be played. It doesn't mean to say just beause you're in a lower division you can't play football and win the league. I believe if you're good enough you can do it."
During a tough League Two season there will be times when it's something of battle and Andre said: "Well going down into non-league, Conference North you have to put your foot in because if you don't you just get bullied and hopefully that's done me well going down there. "
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:49:06 AM by Flex »
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Boucaud joins Wanderers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 06:13:05 AM »
Good to hear.Ah dunno why he's not on our Olympic team.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:35:56 AM »
becuase he is to old yuh see . he was born in 1984
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
Wim should definetly keep him in the fold

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Boucaud joins Wycombe Wanderers.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 09:06:47 AM »
Has Wim ever seen him??
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 09:14:35 AM »
Has Wim ever seen him??

Good job Family... cant wait to see yuh back in de tnt fold. Keep yuh head up and play your best football that you can...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 09:15:39 AM »
Has Wim ever seen him??

Difficult to pick a player who has been playing non-league for the past two seasons. He says its only one but his last season with Peterbrough he was on loan at conference sides, infact he been playing 2 and a half seasons at the lower tier as far as I remember. Still, he did well fuh T&T....hope he does well at Wycombe and Wim gives him another oppertunity.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 09:30:20 AM »
Nice, nice !!!!!!!

1]; } ?>