April 23, 2024, 11:53:44 AM

Author Topic: Fire Jack Warner now petition website  (Read 8742 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Jack Warner now petition website
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »
Jack sights set on way bigger things than TTFF. TTFF ent ahve nothing for him to tief again. If he get fired it is more likely that he will turn his sights on running the UNC so he could tief every dime of the oil money in the treasury.
:whistling:
yoU eNt Cee nuttin yet ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 06:53:02 PM »
I don't know if the TTFF has elections, but if they do. Perhaps they can do what Captain Burrell has done:  ;D ;D

Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) boss will not seek re-election in November

The much anticipated showdown between the incumbent Crenston Boxhill and the former president seeking re-election, Captain Horace Burrell, for the presidency of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) on November 4, 2007, will not take place.

Boxhill, who has held the post since his defeat of the former army man in November, 2003, yesterday made it clear that he will not be seeking re-election for that post.

In an interview with The Gleaner yesterday, Boxhill cited the increased polarisation of the country's football and the unlevel playing field, with contender Burrell 'compromising the process' by his sponsorship of a number of parish associations as major reasons for him to step aside.

'I have had consultation with my family and other football interests and taking into consideration among other things, the upcoming qualifiers for both Olympics and World Cup tournament, I have decided that in the interest of Jamaica's football not to participate as a candidate for the post of president,' Boxhill told The Gleaner.

'In light of the upcoming congress, I have two major concerns, which I think are important to state publicly. Firstly, and unfortunately I do not believe that this will be a level playing field. The sponsorship of the majority of the parish associations by one of the candidates, to a large extent, will compromise the process,' Boxhill said referring directly to the Captain's Bakery, owned by Captain Burrell, swarming most of the parish associations with sponsorship.

Boxhill added: 'Secondly, I have always been concerned about the deep divisions in the sport. The current administration has faced the most consistent effort of undermining than any previous administration and it does occupy my mind that if it is going to continue, how realistic it will be to build on the momentum, if at every step of the way one has to be looking over one's shoulders.'

In every January since assuming the position, the Boxhill administration faced, previously unheard of, calls for a vote of no-confidence by factions loyal to the Captain. That, according to Boxhill, caused football followers to lose all sense of objectivity and support for the sport, which brought so much unity to a nation upon its historic qualification for the 1998 World Cup in France.

Groundwork

Despite the challenges faced, Boxhill opined that the groundwork has been laid for the programme to rebound, especially after the expected windfall from the 1998 qualifications failed to materialise.

'This is a very exciting time for anyone seeking the position of president of the JFF with among other things, the youth programme beginning to evolve and have an impact. This I believe has set the stage for the relaunching of the national football programme,' he said.

'This is a legacy I hope will be followed. Even though the success of the senior programme is essential to the success of the overall programme, in order to be sustainable, remain competitive and in a position qualify continuously for major FIFA tournaments, the base must be strong,' he added.

In addition to the focus on the base, Boxhill also spoke of the rise of women's football to ne and expressed the hope that that would continue. The national football academy he said, 'despite the many obstacles, will open its doors before year end in an ideal location with immense possibilities'.

He also spoke about the federation's new policy of assisting parishes with 'financing and development at the parish level, so important in the sustainability of the sport' but most importantly, he expressed the view that that plans for the Back to Africa campaign are on track.

'The Back to Africa campaign will step up in momentum. Some high-quality sponsorship yet to be revealed, that will support, especially the senior programme, but we expect greater interest in the youth programme from sponsors, especially at this time as we continue to bask in the glory of the success of one of our youth teams at the recent Pan Am Games,' he said.

Nodley Wright, Freelance Writer

© Copyright 1997-2007 Gleaner Company Ltd
jjbrown

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 08:19:14 PM »
Trinbagoaian int realy know what they want, jack must go thiefing so and so but now we sayin he msut go but not so , wah alyuh realy want mek up alyuh mind nah man.
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 09:35:34 PM »
Jack is a boss barring his sometimes foot in the mouth syndrome.  If Jack was given an active role in the last cricket world cup, he would have made a huge difference. I dont support his comments that he made about England BUT I guess its payback time for Andrew Jennings.  I would love to see the Caribbean showcase the FIFA WORLD CUP...with his involvement.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:37:34 PM by gtokyo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 09:41:55 PM »
I agree if Jack was involve in CWC it would of been a big difference. It would have been a loss and not a profit as was made despite the mess that Dhering and dem do the ICC make money that is all dat matters
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 09:56:45 PM »
Jack is a boss barring his sometimes foot in the mouth syndrome.  If Jack was given an active role in the last cricket world cup, he would have made a huge difference. I dont support his comments that he made about England BUT I guess its payback time for Andrew Jennings.  I would love to see the Caribbean showcase the FIFA WORLD CUP...with his involvement.
so what does that bit in red mean?
do you support what Mr Jackula has done to our heros over the last few years?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 03:54:54 AM »
He can do his thing as FIFA vice President, more power to him. He must go from our football.

I disagree with this, he must go from all football, he's no use to anyone in the global football fraternity, your attitude comes across as selfish.
I think your eyes glaze over then focus on the last past that you quoted. You don't believe he has done a lot for Concacaf? At the very least he is at the helm when Concacaf has gained more spots at the World Cup. That is a significant plus on his resume. He is the head of Concacaf, not of "The Global football fraternity". Also not sure how my attitude comes across as being selfish. Put down the weed before you take up the keyboard.

Especially as on this very board there are alot of threads which have to do with our compatriots footballing adventures (and misadventures) in England among other countries.  The irony.

Thanks for agreeing with me that he needs to get out of TNT football.

Socafan, you really think weed could do dat???? weed does promote deeper thinking and higher levels of concentration (if yuh manage to remember what it is yuh concentrating on) Dat sound more like paint or liquid paper sniffin.  Acrylic... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007, 05:30:29 AM »
weed does promote deeper thinking and higher levels of concentration

So I suppose I should light a spliff before operating heavy machinery right ?

Rocwell, in response to your observation about certain posters being selfish, I'm sorry to inform you that selfishness is a human trait. I have spoken with quite a few persons of other nationalities about the blacklist, and the general response went as follows

"Boo hoo hoo. Why don't you guys develop your local league and stop relying so much on your overseas pros. Its always JAck Warner this Jack Warner that. If it wasn't for him your shite side wouldn't have even qualified"

Thats from those who could give a flying fig about our predicament. Another poster has also posted how much England liked Jack Warner when they thought he could get them the World Cup in 2006.

Its always about self interest man. - There are a lot of pertinent reasons why you can knock this attitude, but us "being selfish" isn't one of them.

You might be better off suggesting that his being fired from FIFA can only precipitate his retreat from TNT football/Concacaf. I have my personal doubts about it though.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2007, 05:36:12 AM »
weed does promote deeper thinking and higher levels of concentration

So I suppose I should light a spliff before operating heavy machinery right ?

Rocwell, in response to your observation about certain posters being selfish, I'm sorry to inform you that selfishness is a human trait. I have spoken with quite a few persons of other nationalities about the blacklist, and the general response went as follows

"Boo hoo hoo. Why don't you guys develop your local league and stop relying so much on your overseas pros. Its always JAck Warner this Jack Warner that. If it wasn't for him your shite side wouldn't have even qualified"

Thats from those who could give a flying fig about our predicament. Another poster has also posted how much England liked Jack Warner when they thought he could get them the World Cup in 2006.

Its always about self interest man. - There are a lot of pertinent reasons why you can knock this attitude, but us "being selfish" isn't one of them.

You might be better off suggesting that his being fired from FIFA can only precipitate his retreat from TNT football/Concacaf. I have my personal doubts about it though.

No midknight you should not... I dont think operating heavy machinery qualifies. In that case you would bun it after..  dat way yuh will go back to de job tomorrow. ;) ;) ;)
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
  jack warner is the best thing that happened for tnt football inpite of his imperfections

as i learnt from a fable as a kid and all you bitter trinis/socawarrior supporters should apply  it to jack warner,

the devil you know is  better than.....

Yuh HAD meh support ... once yuh start with dat Devil b/s ... who else in TnT woulda take football tuh where it is now ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2007, 09:19:18 AM »
Posted by: kappy 
Insert Quote
Quote from: legal alien on August 10, 2007, 03:43:19 PM
  jack warner is the best thing that happened for tnt football inpite of his imperfections

as i learnt from a fable as a kid and all you bitter trinis/socawarrior supporters should apply  it to jack warner,

the devil you know is  better than.....
Yuh HAD meh support ... once yuh start with dat Devil b/s ... who else in TnT woulda take football tuh where it is now ... 

In the gutters you mean! ???

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>