March 28, 2024, 11:55:40 AM

Author Topic: Lawrence stands by quit decision.  (Read 2127 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Lawrence stands by quit decision.
« on: August 11, 2007, 01:17:59 AM »
Lawrence stands by quit decision.
By: Blair Wood (Western Mail).

Quitting international football was a bold step for Dennis Lawrence but he remains happy with the decision and expects the Swans to benefit from it.
Having played over 60 times for Trinidad and Tobago, quitting international football at the end of last season was a tough choice for Lawrence.
The World Cup centre-back spent a lot of time deliberating, but he has no regrets about his eventual decision.
While Lawrence expects to benefit from the choice on a personal level, he also believes it will be a good move for the Swans in the long-term.
He said, “Obviously there were a lot of reasons behind my decision to quit. Swansea will get a lot of benefits from it and so will I.
“It wasn’t an easy decision and I spent a lot of time thinking about it. I just felt, at this time, it was the right decision for me.
“I think, and hope, Swansea will reap the benefits.”
Lawrence hasn’t ruled out playing for his country again, though and, when asked if there was any chance he could return to Trinidad and Tobago, he said, “At the moment I have made my decision and I intend to stand by it.
“In this game you have no idea what can happen in the future, but at this moment all I’m focused on is the start of the season and playing for Swansea City.”
Lawrence is expected to start at Oldham today and, having overcome a hamstring injury during pre-season, he is feeling fully fit.
He said, “The injury wasn’t something I’d expected, but I’m over it now and I’m raring to go for the new season.
The 6ft 7in defender said he enjoyed pre-season, but it was clear he just wanted to play competitively again.
He said, “It’s always good to be back on the pitch playing league games. You work hard throughout pre-season to try and get the right start.”
Along with the rest of Roberto Martinez’s squad, Lawrence will have a chance to make sure the Swans open their campaign with a win.
He added, “Oldham is where it begins for us and we’ve got to make sure we go out and get a positive result.
“I’m confident we will do well this season.”
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:24:42 AM by Flex »

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lawrence stands by quit decision.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:36:15 AM »
Now if he could only convince Stern tuh quit ... his tribulations would not have been in vain
Snake in de balliser

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:43:49 AM »
Now if he could only convince Stern tuh quit ... his tribulations would not have been in vain

Watch yuhself dread  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »

But iz true ... Stern purge ... he not injured ... he not tired ... why he eh play today ... b/c he purge ...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 09:17:26 AM by palos »
Snake in de balliser

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 09:23:10 AM »

this is the second 2nd thread i read  4 d mor and u cryin de what bridge u come under man, just go back and leave de # 14 alone, ppl dat does cry de man so is b de first to wine low when de man score,

wit u cryin him or not once given his chance he`ll show once again who he is  ;D

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 09:30:23 AM »
KAPPY...YOU IS AH KINDA CU#T O WHAT ???.....FU#K OFF
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 09:37:03 AM »
KAPPY...YOU IS AH KINDA CU#T O WHAT ???.....FU#K OFF

Ah couldn't ah be more eloquent  :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 09:51:24 AM »

Aye....stop that crap...

Stern took us to the World cup.......give the man he props.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 10:01:14 AM »

But iz true ... Stern purge ... he not injured ... he not tired ... why he eh play today ... b/c he purge ...
Do we have better options over Stern currently?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 10:02:06 AM »

this is the second 2nd thread i read  4 d mor and u cryin de what bridge u come under man, just go back and leave de # 14 alone, ppl dat does cry de man so is b de first to wine low when de man score,

wit u cryin him or not once given his chance he`ll show once again who he is  ;D

lol *dead*

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 04:21:42 PM »
Dennis I sad to see u go the only peeps who doh change dey minds is who dead and is idiot I know u eh no idiot. So Marv call yuh pardner and tell him pleezeeeeeeee reconsider did he see what we having waitin in d wings to take ovah.

As 4 d Stern haters is Birchall perge because he get selected either. All who hating on Stern all yuh go hate on all yuh parents
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>