March 28, 2024, 05:45:58 AM

Author Topic: Gilberto And Adebayor To Miss Start Of Season For Arsenal  (Read 1340 times)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Gilberto And Adebayor To Miss Start Of Season For Arsenal
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:10:32 PM »
Gilberto And Adebayor To Miss Start Of Season For Arsenal

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has revealed that influential midfielder Gilberto Silva will miss the start of the season.

zoom - galleria The 30-year-old Brazil international was on Copa America duty at the start of the summer and was given extra time away from pre-season training for the Gunners to enable him to recuperate fully.

Emmanuel Adebayor is also doubtful for Arsenal’s season opener against Fulham on Sunday after suffering a groin injury during the pre-season.

Compared to other teams in the division Arsenal have fared well through the summer, with Gilberto and Adebayor the only likely absentees on match-day one.   

“Gilberto is not ready and at the moment the only one who is doubtful is Adebayor,” Wenger told Arsenal.com.

Adebayor has long-odds to be ready after the manager described his recovery time as “very short”. The Frenchman is also taking no risks with Gilberto, who could be out until September.

“We have a three-week plan to build him up again,” said Wenger. “He did not play the last game of the Copa America and had three and a half weeks off. It will take two or three weeks to get him ready. If you don’t do that he will suffer during rest of the season.”

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gilberto And Adebayor To Miss Start Of Season For Arsenal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:14:24 PM »
wow... god give this team a break lollll

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »
It doh matter they will still finish in 4th place this year....... behind Man U, Chelski and Liverfool.... ;D

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:53:07 AM »
DAMN i got to bench Gilberto on meh fantasy team....steups
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 02:06:08 PM »

steups Adebayor? Arsenal ain't losing nothing with him out. Predator looking Sh^^ Hound
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gilberto shocked not to get Gunners captaincy
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:35:59 AM »
Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva has admitted he was 'surprised' to be overlooked for the Gunners captaincy this season.

Click here
The 30-year-old led Arsene Wenger's side for much of last season in the absence of the injured Thierry Henry, who has since left the club.

And the Brazilian has revealed his shock when he found out Wenger had opted to give the armband to defender William Gallas - via the internet.

'Of course I was surprised because I was captain all last season when Henry didn't play, and after his move to Barcelona I naturally thought I would be this time,' he told the Daily Star.

'Arsene is the manager and it is his decision and I have to accept that. Life goes on and I will get on with my job like I always have.

'But I was surprised he didn't speak to me about his decision. He had the time to do it because I was at the training ground before it was made public.

'He didn't say anything to me and I just found out about it that evening when I saw it on the Arsenal website.

'I wasn't upset about not being captain, but I was about the way I learnt about it.'

He added: 'I will give the same commitment to the club that I always have. This is an important season.'

that is high class rubish ARSEne wenger.....yuh move small they dread......is because d man not from france o wat ::)
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gilberto shocked not to get Gunners captaincy
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 07:17:32 AM »
I real like Gilberto Silva. Seems like a real grounded humble fella and a quiet leader..

Look how he raise his game last season and even took on penalty taking responsibility for Arsenal. It was a breakout season for him. The man scored 10 Premiership goals from defensive midfield. That is fantastic. Lead Brazil to Copa victory. Seems like one of the genuinely nice fellas of the sport

1 World Cup
1 Confed Cup
1 Copa America
1 EPL Championship
2 FA Cups

Dat is a resume...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:17:11 AM by Filho »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:14:36 AM »
Whinger is an ass or wat.
"Oh yeh Gilberto ah fuhget to tell yuh." kinda ting wtf.

1]; } ?>