March 28, 2024, 10:21:42 AM

Author Topic: Wenger's View  (Read 2996 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wenger's View
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:32:49 PM »
Wenger's View

Arsene WengerWenger: 'This kind of result can change a team's season'
Arsenal 2-1 Fulham
Premier League
Emirates Stadium
Sun, Aug 12, 2007, 12pm

www.arsenal.com

On a late fightback...
"Well, we had a terrible start and we played against a good Fulham side, against a good goalkeeper. Apart from that I thought we were resilient, we didn't give up for ninety minutes. We were physically strong, mentally strong, and that's the kind of result that changes the team, you know? We had our backs to the wall, we didn't give in and in the end we won the game. Maybe you could say it's lucky, but I don't believe too much in luck."

On Fulham...
"Fulham finished very, very tired because they run a lot, after the ball. They did fight a lot and I must say Fulham had qualities. They could have scored the second goal and that would have ended our hopes tonight. "

On starting with three points...
"This is the kind of the result that can change the season for a team, because we know we were one-nil down and came back and won the game, and that's at least a positive start. To lose that game today would certainly have been a big blow to the team because everybody says, it's after Thierry Henry has left, to start with a a loss would have been really, really difficult."

On Jen's early mistake...
"What went through my mind... first of all I was surprised he made a mistake. Because you know he is an experienced keeper, you want to deal well with your first ball. I think he changed his mind and then he was not quick enough to respond to his brain, because then he lost his co-ordination and made a mistake. Maybe he was guilty of changing his mind, I have not spoken to him. He's certainly the happiest boy in the dressing room tonight."

On accusations of diving...
"No. Hleb is adamant there was a hundred per-cent penalty on him. I'm ready to look at that on the video because on the bench it's impossible to say or not, but it didn't look to me like he dived."

On the pressure...
"I was not stressed today because I felt that the players would give everything to win. And as long as you that in the team, and you have quality on the pitch, you always have hope. I saw that some of their defenders started to have cramps. I felt, if you continue to the last second, it's just sometimes a yard that makes a little bit more fatigue, and you know some of them will not respond any more if you continue to give them a problem."

On Eduardo appearing on Wednesday...
"There's a small chance - there's a 50-50 chance. Adebayor is out for Wednesday. "

On Hleb playing behind the striker...
"Hleb is doing very well in there, I felt that sometimes Van Persie was a bit isolated, when Bendtner came on and was supporting him it was a bit easier. But sometimes it depends on the games."

[ Sunday, August 12, 2007]

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Re: Wenger's View
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 08:27:04 PM »
haha....arsenal men jokey oui...what in that performance today look different to any home game last year? allyuh let in a soft goal, throw away a handful a chances, get a penalty as a equalizer, then scrape it out in the dregs....since last year allyuh doin that...that squad ain't nutten special horse and allyuh one van persie injury away from shitting allyuh self....stop grasping for straws, is Fulham yall play and arsenal squad is still shit....btw....pizarro, malouda and essien  :devil:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:33:29 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 08:43:30 PM »
haha....arsenal men jokey oui...what in that performance today look different to any home game last year? allyuh let in a soft goal, throw away a handful a chances, get a penalty as a equalizer, then scrape it out in the dregs....since last year allyuh doin that...that squad ain't nutten special horse and allyuh one van persie injury away from shitting allyuh self....stop grasping for straws, is Fulham yall play and arsenal squad is still shit....btw....pizarro, malouda and essien  :devil:
Like yuh fuhget is a team dat had to get een de Premiership tru a playoff against Southampton allyuh scrape by today or wha?  And concede 2 goal in de process.  Shoulda be a tie game...at Stamford Bridge to boot.

Both teams weren't exactly impressive. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »
Like yuh fuhget is a team dat had to get een de Premiership tru a playoff against Southampton allyuh scrape by today or wha?  And concede 2 goal in de process.  Shoulda be a tie game...at Stamford Bridge to boot.

we game was all wraped up by the 60th minute Palos...allyuh had to throw the whole kitchen to scratch da win...anyways, arsenal men go be quiet quiet in the upcoming weeks...so ah go leh allyuh bark up loud after allyuh "big" "season-changing" win...haha...leh wenger do what he hadda do to continually rally he "young" side.....is 4 years now he saying the same shit..........

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 09:53:30 PM »

we game was all wraped up by the 60th minute Palos...allyuh had to throw the whole kitchen to scratch da win...anyways, arsenal men go be quiet quiet in the upcoming weeks...so ah go leh allyuh bark up loud after allyuh "big" "season-changing" win...haha...leh wenger do what he hadda do to continually rally he "young" side.....is 4 years now he saying the same shit..........

Is you open up yuh mout as far as I could see.  Nobody else.

No Terry.  And Glen Johnson in allyuh defence.  Concedin 2 to a side like Birmingham AT HOME.  Allyuh cut ass lookin book unless Terry and a right back fall een quick.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »
Rumor is Arsenal made a bid for Pedersen.

Link: http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=51784

Arsenal have made a shock £7 million offer for Blackburn Rovers winger Morten Gamst Pedersen.

The People says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been searching for a left-winger all summer and was linked with Florent Malouda, before he joined Chelsea, and Marseille's France star Franck Ribery.

But now he has set his sights on Rovers' Norwegian flyer, 25, and he's ready to pull out all the stops to get his man.

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes, however, is a huge fan of Pedersen and has rejected the bid.

And he has told Wenger he will only think about doing business if the Frenchman ups his offer or makes it a players-plus-cash deal.

Hughes sees Gunners striker Nicklas Bendtner and midfielder Mathieu Flamini as potential deal-makers but would still demand a cash sum on top of that pair.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 07:30:04 AM »

since when a keeper making great saves is throwing away chances?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 08:04:07 AM »

Exactly! anyway all of a sudden this board have Chelski fans. Some people is real waggonist we  ;D I never hear bout no Chelski fans before "the special one". steupssss. Anyway in my eyes Chelski is the most boring of the big teams in football.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:57:43 PM by palos »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »

Exactly! anyway all of a sudden this board have Chelski fans. Some people is real waggonist we  ;D I never hear bout no Chelski fans before "the special one". steupssss. Anyway in my eyes Chelski is the most boring of the big teams in football.

lol i saying that for the last 3 years!!!

i reach back to tnt in 2001 nto a frickin blue shirt unlessi t on some expat belly!

russian maffia oil money reach stamford bridge...300million two epl title carling cup and FA cup later dey is some sort of big gun??

dat like a vagrant winning lotto and playing he is ah tycoon!!!

i glad dey get big, i vex dey inflate d transfer and salary market

but ppl please when yuh pick ah side try to stick with it, so when muhrinio and roman gone stay at the bridge please

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »

but ppl please when yuh pick ah side try to stick with it, so when muhrinio and roman gone stay at the bridge please

:applause:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 01:00:16 PM »

i reach back to tnt in 2001 nto a frickin blue shirt unlessi t on some expat belly!

russian maffia oil money reach stamford bridge...300million two epl title carling cup and FA cup later dey is some sort of big gun??

What makes you different from any Chelsea fan post Abramovich? All ah allyuh jump on de boat when it was sailing nice too! Unless you telling me you used to back Arsenal or Man Utd back in grandpa and dem days when they was playing in de lower echelons..

steups...

Lets not forget what English football was like before Chelsea and Newcastle started 'internationalizing' the game in the 90s.. It had 2 or 3 sides playing decent football (Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool), and english league was a rank wildman brand of football, and unpleasant to the eye...

Chelsea started bringing in the Italians like Vialli, Zola, Casiraghi, Di Matteo, plus they had Gullit and Petrescu too and was playing a nice brand.. That is where i start backing them.. I never really like English players or their traditional style of football, so it was natural for me to like the most international team at the time, and in addition to that, blue is a nice color..  ;)

stop hating and take allyuh licks with pride nuh..

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »

What makes you different from any Chelsea fan post Abramovich? All ah allyuh jump on de boat when it was sailing nice too! Unless you telling me you used to back Arsenal or Man Utd back in grandpa and dem days when they was playing in de lower echelons..

steups...

Lets not forget what English football was like before Chelsea and Newcastle started 'internationalizing' the game in the 90s.. It had 2 or 3 sides playing decent football (Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool), and english league was a rank wildman brand of football, and unpleasant to the eye...

Chelsea started bringing in the Italians like Vialli, Zola, Casiraghi, Di Matteo, plus they had Gullit and Petrescu too and was playing a nice brand.. That is where i start backing them.. I never really like English players or their traditional style of football, so it was natural for me to like the most international team at the time, and in addition to that, blue is a nice color..  ;)

Omars boy, doe worry with them fellas. i does be crackin up by they broken record. Ask dem when they became arsenal fans nah...looool....looooool....wasn't when they were winning shit? how bout "most" Man U fans?

And their crazy rants about money and abramovic....is as if what he spend affect any one of our pockets....that arguement is so merit-less and confusing to me...what the hell i care bout how much pounds some oil rich russian spend? The man sell back some ah he oil fields last year and make 3 billion....Does that mean U or I don't hadda get up and go to work tommorrow because we is Chelsea fans? looool.  Go tell Bill gates how to spend he money when allyuh get some free time. He have a houe wid about 50 rooms..idaats...

Arsenal time come and gone and that is what does hurt dem fellas...Is like thinking bout some sweet gyul yuh used to brush in highschool, so yuh marrid it. And now when yuh look to the next side a the bed all yuh seeing is a sea-donkey-faced, beached whale at yuh side. wake up fellas, da side is shit now....she aint that slim, pretty lil thing anymore...lewwe talk football, not this dumb broken record bout when who became a fan when. allyuh was arsenal fans before wenger reach? then hush allyuh backside......
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:07:38 PM by SOBRIQUET »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 10:54:54 AM »

steups...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha breath hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhhhaa

oh lord
i was born 1976 i remember  my first football being an arsenal one, i remember watching those saturday morning games on TT with meh gramps, seeing the great lverpool in they red shirts with candy on d front, but i stil chose arsenal.
that wa sin the 80's when they won nothing till the end of the eighties.

now listen good just because you choose yuh team one fien summer when you was looking for frens doesn't mean everyone else did like you

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »

steups...

Omars boy, doe worry with them fellas. i does be crackin up by they broken record. Ask dem when they became arsenal fans nah...looool....looooool....wasn't when they were winning shit? how bout "most" Man U fans?

And their crazy rants about money and abramovic....is as if what he spend affect any one of our pockets....that arguement is so merit-less and confusing to me...what the hell i care bout how much pounds some oil rich russian spend? The man sell back some ah he oil fields last year and make 3 billion....Does that mean U or I don't hadda get up and go to work tommorrow because we is Chelsea fans? looool.  Go tell Bill gates how to spend he money when allyuh get some free time. He have a houe wid about 50 rooms..idaats...

Arsenal time come and gone and that is what does hurt dem fellas...Is like thinking bout some sweet gyul yuh used to brush in highschool, so yuh marrid it. And now when yuh look to the next side a the bed all yuh seeing is a sea-donkey-faced, beached whale at yuh side. wake up fellas, da side is shit now....she aint that slim, pretty lil thing anymore...lewwe talk football, not this dumb broken record bout when who became a fan when. allyuh was arsenal fans before wenger reach? then hush allyuh backside......

your turn now

what d ass his money have to do with your pockets???? apples and oranges son his money brought all those players that made men turn n start to buy chelsea shirts. i still in schock dat that is yuh argument??? his money affects the fans old and new, and many fans jump on the wagon cus d money he spend promised glory, and there followed the glory hunters.

if is money yuh want free from a oil man go tuh work fuh CEPEP

your pockets would never be affected by anyfootball side unles syuh own them or play for them so please doh ever raise a chupid point like that, unless you buy a chelsea shirt das d only way yuh pocket go feel anything ahaha

his money bought a "dream team of sorts" that man trinis couldnt wait to jump on.

its like basketball popularity rose with jordan and fell with his retirement.

i've been an arsenal fan through it all

years when we practically handed manu the league, lost and fa cup from two brilliant owen goals, lost uefa cup on penalties...the joys of winning the league in spurs and manu home grounds

as for washed up has been side???

dat is the youngest bunch of has beens boy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58:56 AM »

steups...

oh lord
i was born 1976 i remember  my first football being an arsenal one, i remember watching those saturday morning games on TT with meh gramps, seeing the great lverpool in they red shirts with candy on d front, but i stil chose arsenal.

now listen good just because you choose yuh team one fien summer when you was looking for frens doesn't mean everyone else did like you

oh please eh gunnerstunner, you dont even know the first thing about what it really takes to be a fan...

so cause you used to watch arsenal on tv with yuh gramps and find yuh like dey boring ass brand back in dem days means u is any fan??

big steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeups!!

answer me these questions here:

- Have you ever been to an Arsenal game live? (FYI, I have been eh!)

- You living or grow up in de Arsenal FC area?

- Spent quarter your yearly income on a season ticket?

- Can you recite the history of the club without referring to google?

- Can you tell me about Arsenal's days outside the Prem league?

- Do you know any or all the customary Arsenal songs they sing from de stands?

- Ever get into a fight with rival fans?

- Do you have any Arsenal tattoos?

- Is your father, and father's father, and father's father's father Arsenal fans too?

- Did you legally change your name to something Arsenal like that John Portsmouth Football Club Williams fellah?

I thought so.. Just as i suspected you are like most other armchair supporters here with a jersey, a keychain and a tv remote professing to be a true fan of a football club...

Go to England and lime with some real Arsenal fans and see what real fans look like before you try to start any debate about who is more fan than who... Cause you ent know the first thing...

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 01:16:52 PM »

oh lord

oh please eh gunnerstunner, you dont even know the first thing about what it really takes to be a fan...

so cause you used to watch arsenal on tv with yuh gramps and find yuh like dey boring ass brand back in dem days means u is any fan??

big steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeups!!

answer me these questions here:

- Have you ever been to an Arsenal game live? (FYI, I have been eh!) 3 times 1 champs league v sparta prague won 1-0, prem game against man city, when pires n hrny f**k up d penalty, carling cup game when wenger sent out the youths against ipswich
- You living or grow up in de Arsenal FC area? lived in london for 5 years
- Spent quarter your yearly income on a season ticket?

- Can you recite the history of the club without referring to google? yuh mean about the woolwich arsenal? or how they got the red team colour? let me know ok

- Can you tell me about Arsenal's days outside the Prem league? well the fact that they were never out of top fligth english leagues since thier start?

- Do you know any or all the customary Arsenal songs they sing from de stands? he's big he's black he's had a heart attack kanu! kanu! or ian wright! wright! wright!

- Ever get into a fight with rival fans? only verbal or on forums nto a violent fella and such sort are not considered fans

- Do you have any Arsenal tattoos? have no tattoos, nor are they a measure one ones loyalty

- Is your father, and father's father, and father's father's father Arsenal fans too? nope but my grandfather played for trinidad

- Did you legally change your name to something Arsenal like that John Portsmouth Football Club Williams fellah? no eh yuh just being chupid

I thought so.. Just as i suspected you are like most other armchair supporters here with a jersey, a keychain and a tv remote professing to be a true fan of a football club...

Go to England and lime with some real Arsenal fans and see what real fans look like before you try to start any debate about who is more fan than who... Cause you ent know the first thing...

oh lorse yuh ketch meh out! i feeling tuh cry lord please in you infinite vision and wisdom who will win the prem, fa cup, league cup, and champs league, this year? oh great one?

« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:52:18 PM by GunnerStunner »

1]; } ?>