April 25, 2024, 04:33:48 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne to go to Derby?  (Read 14813 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Kenwyne to go to Derby?
« on: August 05, 2007, 08:46:38 AM »
That's the rumor:
http://notw.typepad.com/extratime/2007/08/rams-in-raid-fo.html#more

Take it with a pile of salt.

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne to go to Derby?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 09:06:20 AM »
he is a quality player but 5m for him  :rotfl:    they do know he's a trini and not english

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 09:44:16 AM »
he is a quality player but 5m for him  :rotfl:    they do know he's a trini and not english

What is that suppose to mean?

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:53:22 AM »
english players go for silly money
darren bent £16m
wright phillips £21m
rio ferdinand  £28m
i could go on
whats it means is in england if the player is english the slap on a few million to the price tag

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:15:13 AM »
Atleast somebody in the Prem want him and once he get there I think he will stay there, be it with Derby or not so big up yuhself KJ and beg them to sell.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 10:30:37 AM »
The difference is foreign players from small islands have to prove themselves first because managers obviously go with big names and such. However it sounded like you were belittling the possibility of a 5m evaluation and thats just plain disrespectful as though only english players can be worth that much....pleaseeee....the names you called werent worth those prices because of the power of the clubs bidding for them at the time the prices were skyrocketted truth of which one of them are worth their value. No one is gonna convince me even if you have a gun to my head that shawn wright is worth 21 m ....lol...pleaseee....... if you had mentioned rooney I 'd have agreed or perhaps gerrard...our own dwight yorke was bought to aston villa for 110000 pounds and sold to man united way back in 1998  for 12.6 million....at the end of the day it was a little know island player Kenwyn Jones from TT who scored 16 championships goals and who interests Derby ...do not knock it!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »
The difference is foreign players from small islands have to prove themselves first because managers obviously go with big names and such. However it sounded like you were belittling the possibility of a 5m evaluation and thats just plain disrespectful as though only english players can be worth that much....pleaseeee....the names you called werent worth those prices because of the power of the clubs bidding for them at the time the prices were skyrocketted truth of which one of them are worth their value. No one is gonna convince me even if you have a gun to my head that shawn wright is worth 21 m ....lol...pleaseee....... if you had mentioned rooney I 'd have agreed or perhaps gerrard...our own dwight yorke was bought to aston villa for 110000 pounds and sold to man united way back in 1998  for 12.6 million....at the end of the day it was a little know island player Kenwyn Jones from TT who scored 16 championships goals and who interests Derby ...do not knock it!
You realize you agreeing with socabee, right? Yall saying the same thing in different ways.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 10:39:03 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 11:02:38 AM »
I'm saying that not only english players are worth alot of money....and I'm saying dont belittle the mans evaluation because he scored 16 goals just because he's from a foreign country.....you did pick that out of the statements too didnt you?...Surely an intelligent chap like yourself won't miss those statements would you....?

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »
english players go for silly money
darren bent £16m
wright phillips £21m
rio ferdinand  £28m
i could go on
whats it means is in england if the player is english the slap on a few million to the price tag

You shud change yuh name to bumble bee becuz soca definately not in yuh blood .Yuh farse and outta place to come on here trying to belittle one ah we players ...go scratch yuh asshole somewhere else becuz everytime yuh itch is shit yuh posting . :puking:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:48 AM »
Allyuh completely misunderstand what socabee saying. He ain't belittling nobody.

The English players he listed are overpriced. He's admitting that they are overpriced. He's saying the only reason they are being sold for that much is because they are English. Clubs are currently buying English players for bloated fees.

Good as Kenwyne is, he is realistically not worth 5 million pounds yet. Socabee is only saying that he doubts the price, since Kenwyne is not one of those overpriced English players. So do I.

Jeez. De man use a laughing smiley to punctuate his point and men get defensive one time.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:59:55 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 11:53:27 AM »

Yuh know what,I now read over yuh post again and you eh deserve no kinda ah reasoning.. who de f**k is you  to come on here and disrespect the KJ and fellow Trinis like that ....well ah know all yuh doh have this saying in England but in Trini we have a sayin when ppl disrestect we
HAUL YUH STINKIN MUDDA C0NT and dais only becuz u is english no other reason.

p.s with your stink nasty thinking then Ferguson get away with highway robbery when he signed  Dwight eh ?.. .....YUH BIG ASSHOLE
what are you talking about i have not disrespect anyone all i said is jones is a quality player but  not worth 5m also i do a have  trinidad blood in me so get your facts right
ps the english bit about jones was a joke

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 12:20:52 PM »
I'm saying that not only english players are worth alot of money....and I'm saying dont belittle the mans evaluation because he scored 16 goals just because he's from a foreign country.....you did pick that out of the statements too didnt you?...Surely an intelligent chap like yourself won't miss those statements would you....?

Some ah allyuh men just quick with allyuh knee-jerk reactions whenever anything even suspiciously critical of Trini players gets mentioned.  So much so in fact that it clouds allyuh ability to reason and be rational.  The man isn't saying anything even remotely similar to that which you accuse him of.

Yuh know what,I now read over yuh post again and you eh deserve no kinda ah reasoning.. who de f**k is you  to come on here and disrespect the KJ and fellow Trinis like that ....well ah know all yuh doh have this saying in England but in Trini we have a sayin when ppl disrestect we
HAUL YUH STINKIN MUDDA C0NT and dais only becuz u is english no other reason.

p.s with your stink nasty thinking then Ferguson get away with highway robbery when he signed  Dwight eh ?.. .....YUH BIG ASSHOLE

You should change yuh name from "berris" to "bare ass"...because that is what you posting, and apparently where you derive your ability to read and reason from.  All socabee is saying is that English players get a couple more mil slapped onto their contracts on the sheer basis of them being English and that the 5mil offered for Kenwyne is indicative of them recognizing that he's Trini which is why they are low-balling him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 12:23:12 PM »
Allyuh completely misunderstand what socabee saying. He ain't belittling nobody.

The English players he listed are overpriced. He's admitting that they are overpriced. He's saying the only reason they are being sold for that much is because they are English. Clubs are currently buying English players for bloated fees.

Good as Kenwyne is, he is realistically not worth 5 million pounds yet. Socabee is only saying that he doubts the price, since Kenwyne is not one of those overpriced English players. So do I.

Jeez. De man use a laughing smiley to punctuate his point and men get defensive one time.

Yuh see it?!

Socabee doh pay dem men and them no mind...dem apparently use to sleep thru Reading Comprehension.

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »
thanks Bake n Shark anyway if jones does move to another club ill be the 1st to post it here also berris i whanted trinidad and tobago to beat england in the world cup ill think i will go and have a nice cold carib and have some crab and calalo(not sure if thats the right spelling)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »
I say go for it Jones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
*trembles*

dat would make my year hoss!
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »
 You should change yuh name from "berris" to "bare ass"...because that is what you posting, and apparently where you derive your ability to read and reason from.  All socabee is saying is that English players get a couple more mil slapped onto their contracts on the sheer basis of them being English and that the 5mil offered for Kenwyne is indicative of them recognizing that he's Trini which is why they are low-balling him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..Hear nah CRIX N SARDINE WAHBEEN or whaever de f**k yuh name is, you is ah big dunce!!! Who de f**k is you to be telling me what de man mean ...5mil for Jones,in his opinion, may be too much, but what de f**k ''he's Trini and not english'' have 2 do with it ?You, he and whomever cud try to sugar coat it how much all yuh want as far as I concern it was an unconcious attempt to belittle Trinis,and he ignorance come out  ..If he want to say 5mil for Jones is 2 much den fine but when yuh attempt to make ah joke and using de man/my/de majority ah formies nationality as de punch line, in my opinon, it eh no joke is ah insult to TnT....and wid dat both ah all yuh cud KISS MY TRINBAGONIAN KAKAHOLE !!!!.. with all due respek.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:50:20 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2007, 02:50:14 PM »
Berris, i think that u came off a little too harsh there.  Socabee didnt deserve that amount of abuse that u gave him.

The man just has an opinion that 5 million is alot for Kenwyne Jones, nothing is wrong with that.

He is also saying that he would have understood the price if Kenwyne was english since english players are normally over-priced regardless of ability.

Yuh didnt have to jam the man so hard just so horse!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2007, 03:13:45 PM »
Berris, i think that u came off a little too harsh there.  Socabee didnt deserve that amount of abuse that u gave him.

The man just has an opinion that 5 million is alot for Kenwyne Jones, nothing is wrong with that.

He is also saying that he would have understood the price if Kenwyne was english since english players are normally over-priced regardless of ability.

ah love it!!

Andre I respect your opinion and I clearly understand your explanation so maybe I did lash out harshly at first ah give yuh dat, but to me it sound like an  insult to TnT players and as he put it ''the english bit about jones was a joke'' but that to me wasn't funny,I find it belittle we players.
But Andre yuh say he eh deserve dah amount ah abuse he get ,right ,well tell meh nah how much is enough ?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:51:44 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 03:23:21 PM »
All I say is "Go Kenwyne!  make a name for yourself and you go see how the pounds will start to increase from Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Everton, Tot U etc., and that can only be good for TT football.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
how was that an insult to TNT players he just ain't worth 5m also he is  22 and your paying 5m for him so there going to expect him to score 15 goals thats to much pressure on a 22 year old
played 90 matches in the Championship and has scored 28 goals i dont think he is cut out for the Perm yet

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
Sign and I go b happy like pappy
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 03:32:14 PM »

ah love it!!

Andre I respect your opinion and I clearly understand your explanation so maybe I did lash out harshly at first ah give yuh dat, but to me it sound like an  insult to TnT players and as he put it ''the english bit about jones was a joke'' but that to me wasn't funny,I find it belittle we players.
But Andre yuh say he eh deserve dah amount ah abuse he get ...well tell meh nah how much is enough or which part ah shudda stop? ;D at least yuh agree he deserve some right ? just not dah amount, as u put it   ;D

Boss, what de man saying is really an insult to English players. Not anybody else. He saying the English players ain't good enough to justify de money they getting signed for. It eh had no insult to Kenwyne or Trinidad in what he say.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 04:11:11 PM »

..Hear nah CRIX N SARDINE WAHBEEN or whaever de f**k yuh name is, you is ah big dunce!!! Who de f**k is you to be telling me what de man mean ...5mil for Jones may be too much, but what de f**k ''he's Trini and not english'' have 2 do with it ?You, he and whomever cud try to sugar coat it how much all yuh want as far as I concern it was an unconcious attempt to belittle Trinis,and he ignorance come out  ..If he want to say 5mil for Jones is 2 much den fine but when yuh attempt to make ah joke and using de man/my/de majority ah formies nationality as de punch line, in my opinon, it eh no joke is ah insult to TnT....and wid dat both ah all yuh cud KISS MY TRINBAGONIAN KAKAHOLE !!!!.. with all due respek.

You here telling me de man made an "unconcious attempt to belittle Trinis"...yet I'm the big dunce?  I guess he was passed out when he made his post...or was he just asleep?  There is something prosaically fitting about the fact that you managed to muff the application of the word...and f**k up the spelling at the same time.

I'm starting to think I was being too hard on you for expecting that you'd master basic reading comprehension.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:45:02 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 04:24:25 PM »
Fair enough we might have gone after him a lil too aggressively and we might have misinterpreted his statements just a lil bit ....so if that's  the case apologies all around................ :beermug:......put it on my tab

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »
buh wait i thought this thread  was about kenwyne
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »
buh wait i thought this thread  was about kenwyne

:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 06:19:40 PM »
buh wait i thought this thread was about kenwyne
Thank yuh sar! common allyuh done wid de negative nah bredders and lewwe talk ball. this is very good news providing it's true. that will remove the pain i've been having in my head since thursday after they f##k my youth out of a opportunity of a life time. we need to open the door for our youths comming up in T&T and this is a sure way of doing it. good luk KJ.               positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »
kenwynne if you have to go to the Prem for free do it yes son. You will get your money later on.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »

..Hear nah CRIX N SARDINE WAHBEEN or whaever de f**k yuh name is, you is ah big dunce!!! Who de f**k is you to be telling me what de man mean ...5mil for Jones may be too much, but what de f**k ''he's Trini and not english'' have 2 do with it ?You, he and whomever cud try to sugar coat it how much all yuh want as far as I concern it was an unconcious attempt to belittle Trinis,and he ignorance come out  ..If he want to say 5mil for Jones is 2 much den fine but when yuh attempt to make ah joke and using de man/my/de majority ah formies nationality as de punch line, in my opinon, it eh no joke is ah insult to TnT....and wid dat both ah all yuh cud KISS MY TRINBAGONIAN KAKAHOLE !!!!.. with all due respek.

You here telling me de man made an "unconcious attempt to belittle Trinis"...yet I'm the big dunce?  I guess he was passed out when he made his post...or was he just asleep?  There is something prosaically fitting about the fact that you managed to muff the application of the word...and f**k up the spelling at the same time.

I'm starting to think I was being too hard on you for expecting that you'd master basic reading comprehension.

Well done yuh have ah PHD in spelling ..but yuh is still ah BIG DUNCE as yuh have no idea how de word was used,so remain in your ignorance.You cud throw out all yuh big words and try to impress somebody but all really showing meh is you was one ah dem f**kkin asshole dat tort yuh know it all in school and end up now serving ppl fries wid dey meal ...dais all ....oh and see if ah mis spell anything nah ...............comprende!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

1]; } ?>