April 23, 2024, 05:30:19 AM

Author Topic: Kenwyne to go to Derby?  (Read 14806 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne to go to Derby?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »

Well done yuh have ah PHD in spelling ..but yuh is still ah BIG DUNCE as yuh have no idea how de word was used,so remain in your ignorance.

Lol...instead ah getting mad go open ah book, preferably a dictionary...and look up the meaning of 'unconscious'.  This presumes that you can read of course.  Look up 'dunce' while yuh at it...shouldn't be hard, just look fuh de big picture of yuhself smiling right next tuh it.

You cud throw out all yuh big words and try to impress somebody but all really showing meh is you was one ah dem f**kkin asshole dat tort yuh know it all in school and end up now serving ppl fries wid dey meal ...dais all ....oh and see if ah mis spell anything nah ...............comprende!

I serving people food...really?  Anything else the voices telling you dumbass?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 07:43:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2007, 08:33:01 PM »
oh I'm -I'm sorry...where are my manners??

I forgot to introduce everybody....Mr Bake and Shark...this is Berris

Mr Berris...this is Bake and Shark

Lawd...I tell you..when two oil tankers passin each other in a small canal enough times...someting toxic bound to happen at some point oui  ;D

v

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2007, 08:59:24 PM »

Lawd...I tell you..when two oil tankers passin each other in a small canal enough times...someting toxic bound to happen at some point oui  ;D

Low blow... bare ass is ah intellectual lightweight, how yuh dissing mih so by comparing we so?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2007, 09:11:40 PM »
When I see de thread reach two pages I thought the bid was confirmed.
Allyuh is some real ass.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2007, 09:21:25 PM »
When I see de thread reach two pages I thought the bid was confirmed.
Allyuh is some real ass.

Peong again I find myself agreeing with yuh... you must be from Florida nah... boy ah just say to meself well Kenwayne get buy for big money and dem 2 man extending de thread and it have nothing to do with Kenwayne.   Take it to the Hall of PM's...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 09:58:01 AM »
Rams eye Jones
Clubcall

Kenwyne Jones has been linked with a move to Derby but Southampton's £5million price-tag may put the Rams off a move for the striker.

The Trinidad and Tobago international, who scored 14 goals for Saints in the Championship last season, has been targeted by Rams boss Billy Davies as he continues to look for the talent that he hopes will keep his side in the Premiership. 

However, former Derby boss George Burley is said to have slapped a £5million price tag on the 22-year-old and will do all he can to keep the talented forward at St Mary's. 

Meanwhile, Portuguese utility man Pele is reportedly being eyed by West Brom boss Tony Mowbray and a bid is expected for him this week. 
The 29-year-old impressed for Southampton last season after being moved from a central-defensive role into midfield.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »
I think some of you guys have some kind of pent up rage or something. The man was not dissing K. Jones or Trinidad or anyone. Everyone knows talented English players are slapped with ridiculous price tages, Sven Goran Eriksson said the same thing last week and Arsene Wenger has been sayingn the same thing for years now. Its a fact and people just need to take it down several notches.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 10:53:51 AM »
one of d abilities of the posters on this board is their ability to digress...lehwe stick to d topic na who wa cuss an argue do so on TSTT MyLime...
n e ways...even if this is just a rumour i hope it materialises for kenwyne he deserves a shot at the premiership...southampton side for this upcoming campaign rel thin so no immediate hope of returnin to d epl jus yet...jones mih bwoy, go for it..

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 10:58:08 AM »
Look like some bachanal go start, because Southhampton turn down Derby's bid for Kenwyne. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/6933843.stm

Southampton to report Derby to FA 

Jones attracted a bid from Derby which Southampton rejected
Southampton are set to report Derby to the Football Association claiming the Rams have broken League rules over an approach for striker Kenwyne Jones.
The Saints turned down a formal bid from the Premiership newcomers last week thought to be worth around £5m, reports BBC Radio Solent.

Southampton officials are angry Jones' agent became aware of the interest despite the bid being rejected.

The Pride Park club are yet to comment on the matter.

Saints chief executive Jim Hone is writing to the FA and Derby's chief executive officer Trevor Birch to outline the club's position.

Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2007, 12:44:08 PM »
I hope this failed bid proves to be just a temporary set back and that some sort of agreement can be worked out...Kenwyne Jones really does deserve an opportunity to ply his trade on a higher level.

As for those who are commenting that the thread got side-tracked...I regret that I was party to that but I think it's important when vicious and unnecessary attacks are made on members (maybe even more so new members) that someone steps up and says something.  That is all that I was attempting to do, and for that I make no apologies.

Good luck Kenwyne.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »
I hope this failed bid proves to be just a temporary set back and that some sort of agreement can be worked out...Kenwyne Jones really does deserve an opportunity to ply his trade on a higher level.

As for those who are commenting that the thread got side-tracked...I regret that I was party to that but I think it's important when vicious and unnecessary attacks are made on members (maybe even more so new members) that someone steps up and says something.  That is all that I was attempting to do, and for that I make no apologies.

Good luck Kenwyne.

I hear you bro.

I'm surprised that they rejected a 5 million pound offer for K. Jones, that's a lot of money, I thought they would have taken that. Either they are waiting for a bigger bid or they are not letting him go, their manager has a lot of faith in K.J potential but every player has their price.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »

Good luck Kenwyne.

I hear you bro.

I'm surprised that they rejected a 5 million pound offer for K. Jones, that's a lot of money, I thought they would have taken that. Either they are waiting for a bigger bid or they are not letting him go, their manager has a lot of faith in K.J potential but every player has their price.

The asking price and subsequent rejection is a good endorsement of his abilities and may turn out to be a shrewd move by Southampton, who knows.  Part of me wants to believe is just gamesmanship in the process of negotiations...but another part of me is less optimistic, that they really want to lock pardna down, which then obligates him to stay in the Championship for at least another season.

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »
Go kenwyne!!!!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 03:26:31 PM »

Low blow... bare ass is ah intellectual lightweight, how yuh dissing mih so by comparing we so?

...I might be ah intellectual lightweight ...but you in d higher ranks.. you is ah heavyweight k0nt...all you missin is ah 2sheet ah galvanize and ah jep nest and you is ah latrine.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:43:35 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
People still "advisin" Kenwyne not to go to Derby?
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2007, 10:43:25 AM »
Source: Soccernet.com

Southampton 1-4 Crystal Palace

James Scowcroft scored a hat-trick to lead Crystal Palace to a 4-1 opening-day victory at Southampton - only the second time they have beaten Saints away from home in the league since 1964.

Scowcroft's treble and Clinton Morrison's effort for the fourth owed much to dire defending by Saints, whose only reward for plenty of possession was Marek Saganowski's strike in first-half stoppage time, which briefly made the score 2-1.

The need for Southampton boss George Burley to add defenders to his squad became even more pressing after this Coca-Cola Championship encounter, which left the home fans - who saw their team miss out in the play-offs last season - voicing their fury.

Forward Kenwyne Jones, who has been strongly linked with a £5million move to Premier League newcomers Derby, was not even included in the 16-man squad for Saints, who gave debuts to recent signing Youssef Safri and on-loan duo Alan Bennett and Gregory Vignal.

Palace, meanwhile, gave Tony Craig - a summer capture from Millwall - his first competitive start.

The first noteworthy moment of the match came when Saints striker Grzegorz Rasiak collected Andrew Surman's perceptive pass in the 14th minute before unleashing a fierce 15-yard volley which drew a fine save from Julian Speroni.

The game swung on the half-hour mark, however, when Scowcroft scored twice inside a minute to put Palace in command.

First, the former Ipswich striker - who played under Burley during their spell at Portman Road - rose unchallenged to head in Stuart Green's corner from 10 yards after Bartosz Bialkowski had denied Clinton Morrison.

Seconds later he outmuscled the shaky Bennett to reach Matt Lawrence's long ball and lift it over the stranded Bialkowski from 20 yards.

It could have been worse for Palace in the 35th minute, but Bialkowski did well to save from Tom Soares after the midfielder had glided through the middle.

Southampton finally pulled a goal back when Saganowski smacked the ball in off the crossbar following Safri's ball into the box.

The home side began the second half well, but they were undone once more in the 55th minute when Bialkowski misjudged the bounce of Speroni's huge kick, succeeding only in palming onto the head of Scowcroft, who nodded in for his hat-trick.

Two minutes later Saints' misery was completed when Mark Kennedy's free-kick from the left was cleared only to Morrison, who swept in an angled volley from 10 yards.

One angry Saints fan was led away by stewards after he had run onto the pitch following Morrison's goal, while his peers chanted "what a load of rubbish'' at the disconsolate players. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: People still "advisin" Kenwyne not to go to Derby?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2007, 11:10:23 AM »
I all for Kenwyne going to Derby...they in the EPL, enough said.

As an aside they got off to a decent start tying Portsmouth 2-2

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2007, 11:18:39 AM »
I all for Kenwyne going to Derby...they in the EPL, enough said.

As the saying goes strike while the iron is hot. Nothing is guaranteed in life, that window of opportunity may not open again soon .
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:39:47 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 12:28:28 PM »

Jones go yes boy if you get the chance. Southampton look like they in for a long season. Derby very well hold their own in the top flight so get the exposure if yyou can brother.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »
firstly jones doesnt have much of a say in this matter
secondly , where was sunderland after the first few games of last season
thirdly, their is bad blood between the southampton boss and ppl at derby which is y i think the move might get snuff out.

he wants to play in the epl and it seems like he believes he is ready. so is up to southampton

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2007, 01:55:32 PM »
Well Palos his omission is probably a result of the bid.

The interest probably has him unsettled him and Burley is giving him a rest and/or preparing to sell him.

As for the result it is one game, can't predict much about the season based on that.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 02:20:18 PM »
Watching the Derby v. Portsmouth replay right now...Derby is playing with surprising pluck and spirit.  Granted Portsmouth isn't the best barometer but I don't see why he can't join this team and star, with what they already have in place offensively.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2007, 04:10:04 PM »
Derby in d EPL so he should go next season God alone knows what will happen. If he oes great but he cyah pack he bag and say I goin Derby
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
What a differance a day makes, allyuh real fickle yes. only yesterday allyuh was crying for him to stay with the saints BC derby comming right back down, now look, tune change after one game.  let's see what next week tune go be. i say it's better to take the payday and the top flight and run like a thief, BC god only know's what tommorow holds.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2007, 07:26:36 PM »
Is he on the injured list? If not, that coach wicked, unless they have some inside info that Derby going and up the ante.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2007, 08:16:01 PM »
Alleged inside information here: http://www.thesaintsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19832

People seem to taking it seriously, so maybe this poster is a reliable fella.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2007, 11:03:06 PM »
hopin dat somtin concrete happen early this comin week so we can get on wit our premiership lives

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2007, 10:00:45 AM »
Go with ah get off clause after 1 season....

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2007, 10:13:09 AM »
What a differance a day makes, allyuh real fickle yes. only yesterday allyuh was crying for him to stay with the saints BC derby comming right back down, now look, tune change after one game. 

Let the record show that i pionnered the post about him staying at the saints and i still feel that way. I think that Derby coming back down and one game does not change that. 

I am also not using one game to gauge Southampton's season because Sunderland lost their first 4 games last season.

But the situation seems to be different because i think he is being left out due to is "apparrent" desire to play in the premier league.

Whatever happens i will support whatever team Kenwyne plays on!!

If its Derby...........i will hope that they stay up,
If its Southampton......i will hope that they get promoted.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »
Derby manager Billy Davies is hoping to conclude a deal for long-time target Kenwyne Jones over the next couple of days.

The Rams have already had two bids rejected by Southampton for the 22-year-old striker, including a club record £5million offer last Monday.

Davis has confirmed a third offer was made on Friday for Jones, who missed the Saints' 4-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday with a hamstring injury according to boss George Burley.

"We all know a lot more firepower is required at Derby County, and we're working very hard to do that," said Davies.

"That includes Kenwyne Jones. We're obviously in discussions, and along with a number of other targets, we're hoping we can conclude some business over the next couple of days.

"We went back in on Friday to move the discussions forward, so I'm hoping over the course of the next couple of days we've some good news to tell you."

OH and yes Mister Samuel you were quite right about not judging a team on one performance and I agree but you point about Sunderland losing their first 4-5 games the fact is a significant other came into the equation =Roy Keane!!! I don't see a change in Southampton charges. And yes we will have to see how Derby does over the season but I think the exposure will be good for him and a lot more Premiership managers will be aware of hos great talent. Anyways I know we both want what is best for our boy so we leave it in God's Hands. RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
If the Championship with Southampton is acceptable then allyuh shouldn't mind if Jones goes down with Derby next year.
By that time at least he would have an EPL season under his belt, along with the exposure.

1]; } ?>