April 18, 2024, 08:51:26 PM

Author Topic: Keane: "By the end of the week...2 or 3 lads are going out"  (Read 4745 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
Re: Keane: "By the end of the week...2 or 3 lads are going out"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 08:17:31 AM »
well, lets hope for the best here...

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:22:52 AM »
I think dat is gun talk to get man spirited. kinda like subs warming up during de match.. I am sure he targeting some players but Stern go get on bad dis wednesday and seal he supersub spot. I feel carlos and dwight safe.murphy gone
de next youth up front gone
chopra stayin, stern stayin and dey need 2 more strikers. 1 currently in form , 1 young and talented..

my prediction....
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 09:40:27 AM »
I think dat is gun talk to get man spirited. kinda like subs warming up during de match.. I am sure he targeting some players but Stern go get on bad dis wednesday and seal he supersub spot. I feel carlos and dwight safe.murphy gone
de next youth up front gone
chopra stayin, stern stayin and dey need 2 more strikers. 1 currently in form , 1 young and talented..

my prediction....

Murphy starts almost every game. He ain't going nowhere. If they sending strikers on loan, O'Donovan might be going. Maaayybe Stokes. Maaaaayyyyybe Stern. Right now, Chopra, Murphy and Connolly are firmly ahead of him on the pecking order. He and Stokes bout on the same level. I feel Hysen might be going on loan too.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
Sunderland To Test Juve With Chiellini Bid

Sunderland are ready to test Claudio Ranieri's resolve by offering €16m for defender Giorgio Chiellini, only days after saying that Juventus' activity in the transfer market was over.

zoom - galleria The ambitious new Premiership outfit are keen to splash the cash before the end of the month and believe that Chiellini would be the perfect player to bolster their back line.

Manchester City were heavily linked to signing the former Italian Under-21 international, but gave up after Ranieri slapped a €16m price tag on his head.

Despite claims that Juve may not have any interest in doing a deal, Chiellini maybe interested in the fact that the Black Cats could almost treble his wages.

When Sven-Gorän Eriksson was linked with a move, the player's agent, Davide Lippi, claimed that he was very tempted by a move to England.

“He would be thrilled to play in the Premier League with City, but everything depends on Juventus, on the final price and on their will to let him leave,” he explained.

Ranieri believes that Chiellini will not be tempted to move and welcomed the player's decision not to push through a move to Eastlands.

"I would have been surprised if Chiellini had gone, I'm not surprised he's staying. I'm happy he's part of this squad," the coach said.

Roy Keane has missed out on several transfer targets since winning promotion at the end of last term and is ready to spend big to ensure his squad can cope with the demands at the highest level.

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:53:26 AM »
If 2 or 3 players leaving at the end of this week. I sure them players done selected already. Is just for Keane to announce who they are. Hope Stern not in that list. if he is, i hope he goes to a decent team

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 11:26:51 AM »
nah i doh feel stern leavin yet..... he still have plenty to offer

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 11:27:27 AM »
Say a pray for Stern that he eh on that list
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
Stern is on the list but he can play himself off it

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »

O Rly?

Not with dem preseason performances and current training performances. See below. But personally I hope he manage to go on a goal-scoring run somehow... Right now he real shitting down heself... again..

From Sunderland Board
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=260173

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo 
Who played up front?

Connolly an Chopra on one team, Murphy and John ( who missed another 10 chances ) on the other side."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"On another note, Craig Gordon pulled off some amazing saves, Stern John hit at least 6 shots over the bar ( all were no more than 10 yards out ), "
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »

O Rly?

Not with dem preseason performances and current training performances. See below. But personally I hope he manage to go on a goal-scoring run somehow... Right now he real shitting down heself... again..

From Sunderland Board
http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=260173

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigo 
Who played up front?

Connolly an Chopra on one team, Murphy and John ( who missed another 10 chances ) on the other side."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"On another note, Craig Gordon pulled off some amazing saves, Stern John hit at least 6 shots over the bar ( all were no more than 10 yards out ), "

Exactly. Den people does wonder why we does be cussing stern. Keane eh keeping de man around cuz he got us to world cup. Take yuh damn chances. I eh go doubt there is some exageration with the misses.....buh......oh gorm....take yuh chances....at least get dem on target. He eh helping heself. I doh know if he trying to hard or what....but he has to start to score.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »
Stern had 10 chances and none of them find the back of the net. Doesn't sound like stern. He probably really trying to hard.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »
Stern had 10 chances and none of them find the back of the net. Doesn't sound like stern. He probably really trying to hard.

LOL... ah go dead....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:42 PM »
Stern dont strike me as a player Keane would be patient with. I feel Stern on the next train, but I hope not

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:51 PM »
i might be a little late wid dis question eh, but, Stern was hurt for de first game right? ah came in late to de game (when dwight was subbing out) so ah don't know if Stern play in de first half. If he didn't play in de first half and didn't get ah chance to play at all in de game (and throw way-or was profligate-ah ton in practice games) why oh why would he not be number 1 on Keane (Get Dem De Hell Outta Here) list?!?!?!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 03:02:26 PM »
Stern gone.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
i might be a little late wid dis question eh, but, Stern was hurt for de first game right? ah came in late to de game (when dwight was subbing out) so ah don't know if Stern play in de first half. If he didn't play in de first half and didn't get ah chance to play at all in de game (and throw way-or was profligate-ah ton in practice games) why oh why would he not be number 1 on Keane (Get Dem De Hell Outta Here) list?!?!?!

Stern name wasnt even on the bench.  Stern miss at least 6 chances in a training game. While some might take solace in the fact that he got chances.......dat eh cutting it. Imagine how good he woulda look if he scored at least 3 of those six in training. You doh think he woulda get at least a corbeau sweat? Steups......
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 03:56:09 PM »

Stern name wasnt even on the bench.  Stern miss at least 6 chances in a training game. While some might take solace in the fact that he got chances.......dat eh cutting it. Imagine how good he woulda look if he scored at least 3 of those six in training. You doh think he woulda get at least a corbeau sweat? Steups......

He also scored two of the few goals in pre season training, came on in one game, scored one, made the other in a win.

Yuh cyah emphasize de bad without creditin de good.  How many other Sunderland strikers get in position to have 6 chances in de entire pre season and fuss game far less to miss dem?

Name dem.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:04:14 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »
First thing, Keane said he was planning to loan out these players.

If Stern is indeed scheduled to head out, I don't see why going down to sharpen his skills against weaker opposition before coming back for the business end of the season is necessarily a bad thing

That said I will wait until I see it in print and confirmed before getting myself worked up. Men like Hysen ent even get a squad number, Stokes ent ready yet and I syspect O Donovan is more of the same.

What is to is must is, as the saying goes
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 05:45:31 PM »

Stern name wasnt even on the bench. Stern miss at least 6 chances in a training game. While some might take solace in the fact that he got chances.......dat eh cutting it. Imagine how good he woulda look if he scored at least 3 of those six in training. You doh think he woulda get at least a corbeau sweat? Steups......
I could be wrong as shyte, but for the time i've been around football, it's not always the case where a player who doesn't capitalize on chances is penalizes without considering what he brings to the team especially in pre season warm ups. I think players get sacked if their services are not needed BC of a simular style player who maybe performing better. there are no pleyers like stern presently on this team and it would be a mistake for keane to sack him, bc they need a power house in the middle and stern brings that. right now i may be more opted to say yorke could be more of an option than stern, i don't even think carlos is safe right now. who knows , maybe after this weekend there might be less trini's supporting sunlun.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »
I think stern might be on that list.............

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 07:06:21 PM »

He also scored two of the few goals in pre season training, came on in one game, scored one, made the other in a win.

Yuh cyah emphasize de bad without creditin de good.  How many other Sunderland strikers get in position to have 6 chances in de entire pre season and fuss game far less to miss dem?

Name dem.

Dat is what I tryin to say...everybody know i is not no Stern lover but de ball does follow dat fella... dont write him off too soon.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 09:26:51 PM »
Well.....leh we hope he get a run against he old team and do himself a favour. Yuh does cuss a striker more when he abort chances rather than when he eh get none. I not disputing stern and what he could do. All i saying is boss...take yuh chances. As a professional.....its expected of you. Nobody eh go want to go by a doctor that helping only 10% of his patients. Strikers always under scrutiny......dem sunderland fans already like dey didnt want him in the first place......so anytime stern doesnt deliver....is more pressure on him. Even if keane was planning to use him as a super sub.......he didnt even have him on the bench for the last game. All i saying....is stern needs to score soon. It go have good times...it go have bad times....but in football...most times de attitude is...what have you done for me lately?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 06:15:02 AM »
Well.....leh we hope he get a run against he old team and do himself a favour. Yuh does cuss a striker more when he abort chances rather than when he eh get none. I not disputing stern and what he could do. All i saying is boss...take yuh chances. As a professional.....its expected of you. Nobody eh go want to go by a doctor that helping only 10% of his patients. Strikers always under scrutiny......dem sunderland fans already like dey didnt want him in the first place......so anytime stern doesnt deliver....is more pressure on him. Even if keane was planning to use him as a super sub.......he didnt even have him on the bench for the last game. All i saying....is stern needs to score soon. It go have good times...it go have bad times....but in football...most times de attitude is...what have you done for me lately?
well said Bourbon your'e so right. but i have to be optomistic for stern's sake.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 02:40:50 AM »
Foxes sign Sunderland duo on loan 

Clarke and Fulop have both moved to Leicester on loan
Leicester City have signed Sunderland defender Clive Clarke and goalkeeper Marton Fulop on loan.
Republic of Ireland international left-back Clarke, 27, moves to the Walkers Stadium on a three-month deal.

Hungary stopper Fulop, 24, will spend the entire season with City, and boss Martin Allen said: "He is a keeper I've tried on many occasions to get on loan.

"Clive has experience, a great appetite to play and has come for three months to prove he is good enough."

Fulop joined the Black Cats last season as part of the deal which took Ben Alnwick to Tottenham, and has started five league games for them.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 03:37:23 AM »
Well here is 2 of the players 1 more to go
Leicester have completed the signings of Clive Clarke and Marton Fulop from Sunderland.

Both players arrive at the Walkers Stadium on loan deals, defender Clarke for three-months and goalkeeper Fulop until the end of the season.

Allen delight

"Clive has experience, a great appetite and hunger to play and has come here for three months to prove he is good enough," said Foxes boss Martin Allen.

"At other clubs he has been picked as their captain and I believe he will be a good acquisition for us."

Allen was also very happy to bag Hungarian Fulop.

"I am delighted Marton Fulop has agreed to join us on loan for the season," he continued.

"He has great presence, a great attitude to work and to improve and is a goalkeeper I've tried on many occasions in the past to get on loan.

"I believe this is a significant signing for Leicester City."

The pair are both in line to make their debuts against Crystal Palace on Saturday.

1]; } ?>