April 25, 2024, 10:22:13 PM

Author Topic: How Will the General Elections In T&T Affect Our Footballing Future?  (Read 6817 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How Will the General Elections In T&T Affect Our Footballing Future?
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 02:30:36 PM »
I agree Jefferz when I was in UWI in Mona I came home to vote even thou I know that NAR was goin to be swept in 91 but I made sure I voted. Since I relocate I eh get back on d list so is for all yuh youngsters to take d fight
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 02:32:29 PM »
do not think it will have a significant impact.

Based on both UNC and PNM being in power I have not seen a difference if football in terms of funding and development.

PNM will have to take more blame because they have been in power longer,

Not to mention traditionally football have been the preferred sport of people from their main ssupport areas.

Without even going into the indian negro racial thing.

On a whole regardless of who is in power
Trinidad and Tobago does not have a professional approach to sport in General.

Football, cricket, Olympics etc

No Govt year to date has shown any kind of sporting vision.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »
Good 4 you Jefferz they may be the only hope but they eh winning. Personally I loose respeck for Dooks when he joined them crooks in d UNC. they ride him lil a donkey tryin to clean up they tiefing image and he fell for it like duck to water.

So Jefferz you go boi I personally not on the electoral list so i cyah even vote. I live Couva North and soon Couva South so my 1 vote that would not have been 4 Panday or ramnath eh go matter.

When I move to Couva South I will register so by the local election I go be votin

nah... i agree... dookeran is ah wimp... he have about as much backbone as ah banana... but at the same time he's a good man... and he has some decent idea's and he seems to really want to help the country out of this madness.

So I say... never say die and rally the troops until the bitter end... that way atleast we can say we tried.

and hey... the more people see other people making a real concious effort is the the more they will be motivated to make that same effort too... so why not... even if you think there's little to no hope... fight for the sake of fighting the good fight.

u grow up a lot since u first start to post here dread.  it rare to see youthmen with such conviction. 

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 01:54:52 AM »
Good 4 you Jefferz they may be the only hope but they eh winning. Personally I loose respeck for Dooks when he joined them crooks in d UNC. they ride him lil a donkey tryin to clean up they tiefing image and he fell for it like duck to water.

So Jefferz you go boi I personally not on the electoral list so i cyah even vote. I live Couva North and soon Couva South so my 1 vote that would not have been 4 Panday or ramnath eh go matter.

When I move to Couva South I will register so by the local election I go be votin

nah... i agree... dookeran is ah wimp... he have about as much backbone as ah banana... but at the same time he's a good man... and he has some decent idea's and he seems to really want to help the country out of this madness.

So I say... never say die and rally the troops until the bitter end... that way atleast we can say we tried.

and hey... the more people see other people making a real concious effort is the the more they will be motivated to make that same effort too... so why not... even if you think there's little to no hope... fight for the sake of fighting the good fight.

u grow up a lot since u first start to post here dread.  it rare to see youthmen with such conviction. 

thanks... well it's the village that brought me up i suppose... i owe it yall.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2007, 06:43:45 AM »
Let's start with de pnm, right now they in power and jack (unc) running tnt football, so if pnm win elections things remain  the same.At the same time if unc win jack already running de show things should improve.Right now trini's from south trinidad control power in government and opposition, the situation is similar with PNM and DLP in the 60's-70's era only difference is Eric Williams was North, Patrick and Panday playing the african and indian voters while they and their people living life in london, Eric also lived this life but word is he ended his life with a bullet to his head, let's see how the future plays out for the power holders now.....

1]; } ?>