April 27, 2024, 02:11:24 PM

Author Topic: Sunderland vs Brimingham  (Read 32184 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland vs Brimingham
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »
Watch nah....da was de best feeling. It was always my feeling that Keano was playing Stern this game. Moral of the story for we trinbagonaians.....stop panicking so. Stern is boss an will always be boss. Big Mag whey yuh?  >:(   ;D

Lovely playing Stern-turn-inho. Allyuh notice de glowing praises from Keano and Bruce? They admiring him and nuff here jess hating. C'mon fellas, we can do better dan dat. Respec'

Memories  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:...
Click on Panama vs T&T (Oct 8, 2005) http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=14305.0
Doh ever doubt meh boy again  >:( >:( >:( >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2007, 09:11:59 PM »
Watch nah....da was de best feeling. It was always my feeling that Keano was playing Stern this game. Moral of the story for we trinbagonaians.....stop panicking so. Stern is boss an will always be boss. Big Mag whey yuh?  >:(   ;D

Lovely playing Stern-turn-inho. Allyuh notice de glowing praises from Keano and Bruce? They admiring him and nuff here jess hating. C'mon fellas, we can do better dan dat. Respec'

Memories  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:...
Click on Panama vs T&T (Oct 8, 2005) http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=14305.0
Doh ever doubt meh boy again  >:( >:( >:( >:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6941801.stm
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2007, 09:53:50 PM »
he was supposed to score that header that hit the post. no question. They was supposed to have three points.
You know is comments like this does upset me allya does just be hating on Stern fro no reason before yuo support and congrats the player you coming with negative comments. Come on man let get postive

Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2007, 10:20:23 PM »
outside with all haters!!!   Big up to Stern "bound to score "John!    :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
It's nice to be right...in this case though it feels good to be wrong, big up Stern for pullling one off when he team needed it.  I still say he should be playing better, but that's only because I know he's capable of better...way to seize the moment though.

HIGHLIGHTS

http://media.putfile.com/BIRMINGHAM-2-SUNDERLAND-2

good hustle on the highlights, big up  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2007, 10:32:17 PM »
did  i mention john on mi fantasy team  ;D
I find men was real breaksin from de question when i ask boy! Anyhow...he give me a valuable 5 points.....buh i hadda do some reshuffling wit my team AGAIN! Well done stern.

I have tuh give de two ah allyuh props b/c even me thought allyuh was mad fuh suggesting men even play him, way to show faith in him  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2007, 10:35:38 PM »

I rankles me to no end to see (presumably) grown-ass men with this 'hater' talk as though they'z some facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat.  Exactly what is the definition of 'hating' anyways...or is it that men here juss throwing arung words they hear others say in some feeble attempt to be hip?

*steups*

Anyways, big up Sunderland...and big up Stern in particular.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2007, 11:03:04 PM »
I rankles me to no end to see (presumably) grown-ass men with this 'hater' talk as though they'z some facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat.  Exactly what is the definition of 'hating' anyways...or is it that men here juss throwing arung words they hear others say in some feeble attempt to be hip?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28899.msg329369#msg329369

I became a hater in the "Hand of God" game...could never root for Argentina.

hmmm what is goin on here?

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2007, 11:23:34 PM »

Stern’s performance did not help his cause to stay at Sunderland or move up on the list of strikers.  A lot of people are cheering the goal, but it was a goal that did not demonstrate his skill as a striker.  In fact, to score that goal did not really require a lot of skills.  The real heartbreak was Stern missing the header.  Edwards had a fantastic run, the man beat a midfielder, then broke through two defenders, and was going down, but he stayed up and made an excellent pass to Stern. The ball was about 24 inches away from the goal, Stern was unmarked, and that easy header, Stern put it  on the crossbar.    Chopra’s strike showed that he has some skills of a striker.  Edwards was excellent today.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:39 PM »

Stern’s performance did not help his cause to stay at Sunderland or move up on the list of strikers.  A lot of people are cheering the goal, but it was a goal that did not demonstrate his skill as a striker.  In fact, to score that goal did not really require a lot of skills.  The real heartbreak was Stern missing the header.  Edwards had a fantastic run, the man beat a midfielder, then broke through two defenders, and was going down, but he stayed up and made an excellent pass to Stern. The ball was about 24 inches away from the goal, Stern was unmarked, and that easy header, Stern put it  on the crossbar.    Chopra’s strike showed that he has some skills of a striker.  Edwards was excellent today.

LOL

Some people just born to hate other people

Keene glowing praises, Bruce glowing praises, but ah man on a message board still hating.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58:10 PM »
Stern getting a run..........Birmingham is a physical side and Stern's size with be a factor!

ah love it!!

Great prediction andre samuel, u really know your stuff.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 16, 2007, 12:19:23 AM »

Bake n Shark - explain!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat  ;)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 16, 2007, 12:38:12 AM »

Is it really that funny fella?

What should be evident is that the context isn't the same, as much as I don't like using the word 'hate' (I find it unnecessarily strong/negative) I've never made any bones about the fact that I detest any and all things Argentinian, including their style of play diving.  In the quote I'm speaking about my own feelings, which I am certain of.

As used in this thread and by the idiots in hip-hop where the term originated, "hate" or "hater" is used to label or typecast critics/criticism...usually painting it as being borne of jealousy "they just hatin' on me, that's all". I doubt anyone knows what lies in the heart of any other poster to say that they 'hate' or even detest Stern, or that their criticism of him here is borne of jealousy.  Yet man after man marching in lockstep dismissing any and all criticism of Stern as this petty 'hate'...which is hardly the case, and which I find particularly irritating.  Stern human like anybody else and not above reproach, if it fair to praise him then it's equally fair to criticise him in turn.

Hope that helps...but lemme know if there's anything else from my thousand + posts that you fellas need explained.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:10:30 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 16, 2007, 12:39:47 AM »

Agreed to an extent...it was timely and opportunistic, but at the end of the day that's really all that matters.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 16, 2007, 12:52:25 AM »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2007, 02:05:14 AM »
nobody mention the WWE styles the sunderland player put on the keeper to stop him getting up  ;D he make hulk hogan look soft   ;D
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2007, 02:05:26 AM »
The problem now for Stern will be actual playing time.
The sharpness not back there as yet, as a man say he should have scored with the first header.
The more match time he gets the sharper he'll get.
If he sits on the bench and keeps getting corbeau sweat, he'll lose his edge and that could be the end of him and the black cats.

This happened to him when Birmingham went up and Bruce brought in Heskey. Yorke and a couple other strikers, he moved from starter to bencher to job seeker.

Hope you come through this Stern, you deserve it for the hard work you put in.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2007, 02:18:01 AM »
nobody mention the WWE styles the sunderland player put on the keeper to stop him getting up  ;D he make hulk hogan look soft   ;D
Not sure it would have mattered...good non-call by the ref, if he happen to legitimately fall on de man (as appeared to be the case) then he not obligated to hurry up off de ground, keeper have to shed he himself, he not untouchable.

Other observations:

Chopra= Cold-blooded assassin (even though it early still)

Great pace, balance, accuracy and overall skill by Carlos on the miss by Stern...man how far this dude has come in the span of 18 or so months.

Whither Yorke?  :(

Craig Gordon has been ordinary...pedestrian even, in the two games thus far.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2007, 02:20:48 AM »
Well done rocwell!!!!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2007, 04:17:47 AM »
on match of the day they show the figure four move in full
the man fall and pull the keeper right arm down and keep holding him it was deliberate the keeper didnt have a chance of getting back up.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2007, 04:23:41 AM »

Stern was in the right place at the right time to finish. And that is a skill all managers appreciate. He also showed srength of character to put himself back in a position to score after a seemingly glaring miss. Stern was also on the field for 30 minutes I think. So it's not only the goal he will be judged by. I also believe Stern's physical presence was a factor in that 1st goal. So Keane might like that as well. Didn't see the game, just highlights, so I can't comment any more on Stern's performance. As for the miss..I just think Carlos was so close to him when he crossed that Stern did not have enough time to really get over the ball and snap downwards. He didn't seem to have much time to apply any technique. In the end..i think he helped his cause. Keane needs forwards who can score goals at this level..So far only 2 have proved that they can

Glad to hear Edwards was excellent..but he was at fault for the 1st goal. Woeful defending at the far post..By all reports he played well and that run for the cross to Stern is a prime example of his worth..and he is still not match fit (the reason why he got injured)

GO T&T
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 06:24:54 AM by Filho »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2007, 05:16:58 AM »
Whither Yorke?  :(

He's probably just getting some rest as it's a lot to ask an old man to play 3 matches in a week at that level

Expect him back on Saturday unless he picked up a knock I haven't heard about

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2007, 05:43:59 AM »
on match of the day they show the figure four move in full
the man fall and pull the keeper right arm down and keep holding him it was deliberate the keeper didnt have a chance of getting back up.

all unfair games does play over..............sunderland should have gotten a penalty b4

fact is keane has been in the market for john like striker...one who has physical presence can hold up d ball and lay it off and yes one who can finish too......... he hasnt found one yet thats y i think john was kept on, because none of the other strikers at sunderland have that sorta physical presence

john boy ah know if u didnt play in any of the 1st 3 games yuh goose d cook but now more mins will be coming your way. the ball back on yuh right foot (ball back in yuh court)  take yuh chance and run with it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:51:15 AM by freakazoid »
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2007, 06:20:08 AM »
I rankles me to no end to see (presumably) grown-ass men with this 'hater' talk as though they'z some facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat.  Exactly what is the definition of 'hating' anyways...or is it that men here juss throwing arung words they hear others say in some feeble attempt to be hip?

What should be evident is that the context isn't the same, as much as I don't like using the word 'hate' (I find it unnecessarily strong/negative) I've never made any bones about the fact that I detest any and all things Argentinian, including their style of play diving.  In the quote I'm speaking about my own feelings, which I am certain of.

As used in this thread and by the idiots in hip-hop where the term originated, "hate" or "hater" is used to label or typecast critics/criticism...usually painting it as being borne of jealousy "they just hatin' on me, that's all". I doubt anyone knows what lies in the heart of any other poster to say that they 'hate' or even detest Stern, or that their criticism of him here is borne of jealousy.  Yet man after man marching in lockstep dismissing any and all criticism of Stern as this petty 'hate'...which is hardly the case, and which I find particularly irritating.  Stern human like anybody else and not above reproach, if it fair to praise him then it's equally fair to criticise him in turn.

Hope that helps...but lemme know if there's anything else from my thousand + posts that you fellas need explained.

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2007, 06:24:08 AM »
he was supposed to score that header that hit the post. no question. They was supposed to have three points. But he stuck to his task and save their blushes...

yuh know....

its comments like does make yuh really wonder..

who's to say if he scored that first header off the carlos cross to equalize, that he would even get another chance to score... Obviously Birmingham would have a different approach to the game at that stage.. you feel if that goal score the rest of the game woulda play out exactly as it did after the 82nd minute? steups

allyuh cyah be happy for people and done?? 

just give de man credit where credit is due and stop the unnecessary fault finding..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »

Bake n Shark - explain!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yuh facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat  ;)

As used in this thread and by the idiots in hip-hop where the term originated, "hate" or "hater" is used to label or typecast critic
Sorry to disappoint yuh man, but i lived in the US especially in the ghetto most my life , and the first time i heard the phrase hater was in T&T in 1996 and from what i understand it was used since the early 90ies. black americans just started using that word in the mid ninties to indicate a dfisgruntled mutha F##ker. thus the phrase player hater,  then it dwindled to hater and hate. but trini beat them to it. trust me i know money.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2007, 07:23:08 AM »
Not sure it would have mattered...good non-call by the ref, if he happen to legitimately fall on de man (as appeared to be the case) then he not obligated to hurry up off de ground, keeper have to shed he himself, he not untouchable.

Ey yuh facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat, watch the video.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2007, 07:28:51 AM »
all unfair games does play over..............sunderland should have gotten a penalty b4

fact is keane has been in the market for john like striker...one who has physical presence can hold up d ball and lay it off and yes one who can finish too......... he hasnt found one yet thats y i think john was kept on, because none of the other strikers at sunderland have that sorta physical presence

john boy ah know if u didnt play in any of the 1st 3 games yuh goose d cook but now more mins will be coming your way. the ball back on yuh right foot (ball back in yuh court)  take yuh chance and run with it.

...blatant shove in the back of O'Connor (?), in the box no less.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Yuh could stop waving yuh panties now Omardumbho...Ass Sniffers Anonymous meeting in ah next thread.

Sorry to disappoint yuh man, but i lived in the US especially in the ghetto most my life , and the first time i heard the phrase hater was in T&T in 1996 and from what i understand it was used since the early 90ies. black americans just started using that word in the mid ninties to indicate a dfisgruntled mutha F##ker. thus the phrase player hater,  then it dwindled to hater and hate. but trini beat them to it. trust me i know money.

No disappointment here...if yuh say that's what yuh observed then that's what yuh observed  :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2007, 07:34:17 AM »
Watch nah....da was de best feeling. It was always my feeling that Keano was playing Stern this game. Moral of the story for we trinbagonaians.....stop panicking so. Stern is boss an will always be boss. Big Mag whey yuh?  >:(   ;D

I rankles me to no end to see (presumably) grown-ass men with this 'hater' talk as though they'z some facking American ghetto li'l hoodrat.  Exactly what is the definition of 'hating' anyways...or is it that men here juss throwing arung words they hear others say in some feeble attempt to be hip?

I'm sure, you would probably be mortified to notice that you yourself have integrated quite a bit of the 'ghetto li'l hoodrat' vocabulary into your own, but then again I suppose watching yuh own posts ent your thing since yuh not into 'maccoing' right?

On another note, is amazing how many experts convinced that Stern 'shoulda' score the first attempt (notwithstanding how fast and high the ball met him) and that Sunderland 'shoulda' win 3-2 (notwithstanding the fact that if they had equalize and was down to 10 men when Carlos limp off they were very unlikely to be pressing for a winner)

I personally consider that some people 'shoulda' find another thing to call themselves than TNT supporters...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>