April 28, 2024, 05:18:52 PM

Author Topic: Celtic targets T&T trio.  (Read 15449 times)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Celtic targets T&T trio.
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:00:57 AM »
Bhoys target T&T trio.
By: Peter O'Rourke (Skysports.com).

Bhoys eye trio - Peltier: Highly-rated.

Skysports.com understands Celtic are closing in on the signings of Trinidad & Tobago trio Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra. The San Juan Jabloteh stars have been training at the Scottish champions for the past week after being invited over to Glasgow.
Celtic's football development manager John Park has recommended the trio to Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan. The midfield trio are regarded as three of the brightest young talents to emerge from Trinidad & Tobago and Hyland has already featured for the national team.
Portsmouth were keen on signing the trio last season and invited them over for trials. Pompey boss Harry Redknapp tried to sign Peltier last month, but they were foiled in their attempts to sign the youngster after failing to secure a work permit.
Celtic are now ready to offer the trio the chance to win moves to Europe after being impressed by them in training. A number of clubs in Germany and Holland are thought to be keeping tabs on the trio, but Celtic are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by agreeing deals to take them to Parkhead.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:15:15 AM by Flex »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Celtic targets T&T trio
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:04:56 AM »
Mind if I post the text?

Bhoys target T&T trio

Peltier

By Peter O'Rourke   Last updated: 16th August 2007
Skysports.com understands Celtic are closing in on the signings of Trinidad & Tobago trio Lester Peltier, Khaleem Hyland and Atullah Guerra.

The San Juan Jabloteh stars have been training at the Scottish champions for the past week after being invited over to Glasgow.

Celtic's football development manager John Park has recommended the trio to Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan.

The midfield trio are regarded as three of the brightest young talents to emerge from Trinidad & Tobago and Hyland has already featured for the national team.

Trials
Portsmouth were keen on signing the trio last season and invited them over for trials.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp tried to sign Peltier (pictured) last month, but they were foiled in their attempts to sign the youngster after failing to secure a work permit.

Celtic are now ready to offer the trio the chance to win moves to Europe after being impressed by them in training.

A number of clubs in Germany and Holland are thought to be keeping tabs on the trio, but Celtic are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by agreeing deals to take them to Parkhead.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »
Door closes...window opens........
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »
all the best to dem men.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
like fenwick sellin dem 3 in ah pack..

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 11:24:45 AM »
ah love it  ;D

jus ah borrow
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
Hope them fellas get through this time....and shine bigtime  :beermug:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 11:43:55 AM »
Please explain how dey getting a work permit 4 Scotland when they couldn't get 1 for England. I may have missed something
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline mal jeux

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
like fenwick sellin dem 3 in ah pack..

nah, he say is summer special. buy 2 get 1 free.

good luck to the fellas.
"How many times do I have to flush before you go away?"

Offline skins

• Barca4ever
  • Hero Warrior
  • orginally from san do
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 11:46:32 AM »
Please explain how dey getting a work permit 4 Scotland when they couldn't get 1 for England. I may have missed something

He probably married a Scotish Girl since then. ::)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 11:46:54 AM »
yes man

sounding very nice

i suspicious until they sign tho'. i was under the impression that Portsmouth was trying to sign all three too. come to find out it was only peltier. so I'll wait and see

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:49:26 AM »

trial and error. it is likely that they mucked up the appeal process for the portsmouth contract, but they're more confident about navigating the process now. plus..look at what happened to Jason Scotland last season

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:33 AM »
I ain't excited yet, waiting to see. Good luck to the trio.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:42 PM »

I dunno if the regulations different....buh i remember they blank Scottie...so i eh sure.......
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dreintel

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 12:11:51 PM »
dis is great news!!!!!
i hope all de get through.....
more importantly, i hope the rest ah dem cud see dat dey cud make it if dey wok hard.....
fitness is key so.........NO SMOKING!!!!
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:... dis aint so bad.... :rotfl:

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »
d 3  of dem shud go juggle d ball outside wim apartment so he cud see dem

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 12:44:02 PM »
All yuh still on this recommenadtion nonesense if Jan eh get all yuh expect Lester and co to get wake up nah man
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 12:50:49 PM »
good luck to the boys
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 01:54:40 PM »
All yuh still on this recommenadtion nonesense if Jan eh get all yuh expect Lester and co to get wake up nah man

Is like the clubs know something we don't!
I hope they have it under control.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »

who say anything abut recommendations?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 02:20:44 PM »
So why d comment bout Wim? loud steups

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »
How comethese boys so good and they not on the U-23 or National teams?  What going on with the selectors.  Ths should have been playing in the Gold Cup to give them some advantage.  TT football real confusing, yes!  Ah not saying they not good but it look like we selecting old retried players while we should be building with thiss kind of talent forthe WC
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »

I dunno if the regulations different....buh i remember they blank Scottie...so i eh sure.......

Explain something to me. Wasn't it a U.K work permit they were blanked? How could they now apply for another U.K. work permit after their initial application and subsequent appeal were both rejected? Also, isn't it a year after the appleal rejection that you are allowed to re-apply for another work permit? It just doesn't make sense to me and although I would be ecstatic if they got through, especially with the prospect of Champs League ball, I don't see it happening.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »
Lester I sure get call up for Mcommie team I ejh sure bout d rest but Flex/Tallman go confirm whether they was called up.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 03:39:24 PM »

who said anything about Wim? hard luck weary but yuh need to read what I wrote again. What I am trying to say is that those that handling Peltier might feel that they have more experience about the appeals process after not seeming to know how to navigate it that well the first time. And of course, the it's a different club with a different legal team (which I did not mention). I did not mention or infer anything about Wim or any recommendation...just simply stating they may feel the first failure gives them better experience this time around....doh read so much into it

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:05 PM »

who said anything about Wim? hard luck weary but yuh need to read what I wrote again. What I am trying to say is that those that handling Peltier might feel that they have more experience about the appeals process after not seeming to know how to navigate it that well the first time. And of course, the it's a different club with a different legal team (which I did not mention). I did not mention or infer anything about Wim or any recommendation...just simply stating they may feel the first failure gives them better experience this time around....doh read so much into it

Filho i doh think weary was referring to u at all. This is the one i think he was talking about

he didn't explicitly mention a recommendation but it kinda implied
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 07:20:46 PM »

Filho i doh think weary was referring to u at all. This is the one i think he was talking about

he didn't explicitly mention a recommendation but it kinda implied

cool, thanks...apologies weary. seemed like you were responding to my post

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 07:33:50 PM »
boy if this is pulled off, this would be a HUGE step forward for Trinidad & Tobago football
Hart for president

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 07:59:08 PM »
All the best this time fellas i hope you all get through.

Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Celtic targets T&T trio.
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 09:21:04 PM »
All the best although i think it would still be hard to get a permit but good luck any how :beermug:

1]; } ?>