April 28, 2024, 03:05:33 PM

Author Topic: Rumours that Sunderland in for Kenwyne Jones  (Read 8402 times)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rumours that Sunderland in for Kenwyne Jones
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:36:27 AM »
Allyuh calm down eh.... is just rumours

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=260694

Sunderland peeps not too impressed
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Rumours that Sunderland in for Kenwyne Jones
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:47:44 AM »

What I've discovered, ever since I started reading some of these teams' message boards, is that English fans are never impressed by anyone. Everyone is shite and not the quality they need at (insert club).

I doh know what English fandom is like in real life, but their message boards are oppressively negative places.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:52:00 AM by Monkey Genius »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 08:48:12 AM »

Support your rumor w/some proof!   :devil: remember that one, ha ha...Kenwynne will be in top flight just now, only a matter of time
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:05:47 AM »
Truly is an accomplishment to see  the TNT players playing in the  'Elite Prima Dona League'  Gives us more reason to hope for a world class team.

On another note imagine as a fan in TNTN yuh supporting  yuh big side and the team going out to sign a whole heap ah jamacians, how yuh go feel? just wondering.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:46:23 AM »
I await the backlash, but here goes....

I think Sunderland Fans are getting carried away a bit. They been in the Premiership fuh about 4 seconds and they already gettin quite picky. I'm not too sure what standard of player they expect would want to sign for them, but personally Jones is just as good as Chopra and he cost 5m so why not Kenwyne who is a lot more versatile player! Trust the judgement of your manager, he got you from relegation zone to champions in less than ah full season. Ah hate the dismissive talk on yorke also.....considering his role in the team, the man does his job. Many of them seem to see a completely different level performance from him than I do. I agree he hasn't exactly set the world alight there but he has been more consistent than quite a few players in that team.

Yes it's true, I don't support Sunderland (just the Trini's in the team)  ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:50:13 AM by Rodney »

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
Boy, I have learnt to pay no attention to the "fans" on that forum. They seem to come on more to argue than to support. Nothing and no one is good enough. About 90% of them whinge for no reason other than to have something to say. Doh take it personal.

I look to what the manager says and the decisions he makes. Cause clearly if was up to some ah dem fans, Sunderland would be in League 1 this season instead of the EPL.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »

True dat redtrinigirl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »
Boy, I have learnt to pay no attention to the "fans" on that forum. They seem to come on more to argue than to support. Nothing and no one is good enough. About 90% of them whinge for no reason other than to have something to say. Doh take it personal.

I cudda swear u was talking about THIS forum too   :rotfl:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »

I cudda swear u was talking about THIS forum too   :rotfl:

yep.

Just wait until TnT games come around again. One set of argument and every player is to get cried down because TnT should be beating the USA Mexico and CR regularly.

What is the difference?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 11:42:54 AM »

Calm down, me eh know if is really rumours nah, but ah excited again. CONCACAF watch out, we coming well experienced and ready fuh all yuh in de 2010 WCQ. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 04:00:26 PM »
CONCACAF  look out?  You forget that the core of our team has been blacklisted and that you'll be hard pressed to find a more incompetent and corrupt administration than the TTFF anywhere else in the region.

We need to get our house in order first.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 05:19:47 PM »
CONCACAF look out? You forget that the core of our team has been blacklisted and that you'll be hard pressed to find a more incompetent and corrupt administration than the TTFF anywhere else in the region.

We need to get our house in order first.
....... before we start talking shyte.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline NorthernSOL

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne to Sunderland?
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 04:23:04 AM »
ROY KEANE could make a £5.5million bid for Southampton hitman Kenwyne Jones.

The Sunderland boss is desperate to add new faces to his squad ahead of the transfer window closing at the end of the month.

And Saints striker Jones, who is always wanted by Derby, could be heading to the Stadium of Light.

Keane refused to confirm his interest but did add that a striker was among his list of priorities.

Asked about Jones, he said: "I don't really want to get into that.

"I have been saying for a few weeks that we need a couple of players - and a striker is one of them.

"Possibly I'd like another defender and of course we have Carlos Edwards injured now.

"We're hoping to get one or two but I would not like to comment on which players it is.

"There are a couple of weeks to go before the transfer window closes and clubs will hope to use that time to get as much as they can for their players

"But we won't get drawn into any auctions."

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2007, 05:42:53 AM »
yea yea yea thaz it roy, surprise we!

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 05:46:07 AM »
Pretty sooon we may have a Trini team in de Prem.  Keane will have his whole forward line full ah Trinis. No defense doh every one knows we suck in that area :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jaden

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 06:41:31 AM »
Roy Keane has refused to comment on any interest in Kenwyne Jones, while Sunderland winger Carlos Edwards is out for four weeks.

Southampton striker Jones has been linked with a £5million move to Sunderland, having also been tracked by Derby County.

Black Cats boss Keane is hoping to bring in more players before the close of the transfer window, but shied away from admitting an interest in Jones.

"I don't think it's fair to be commenting on players that we haven't been given permission to speak to," said Keane on Sky Sports News.

"I've said for weeks, and I will continue saying it, we are probably looking to add one or two players to the squad and that will continue over the next week or two.

"But I'd rather not comment on certain players at certain clubs because they're still under contract there."

Edwards hamstrung

Keane did confirm that Trinidad & Tobago winger Edwards will miss the next month with the hamstring injury sustained against Birmingham City in midweek.

"It's a big blow for us, Carlos is a big player for us," continued Keane. "He gives us plenty of width and can beat a man.

"Carlos is out for four weeks we expect - that's part of football, other clubs are having injury problems.

"We have other players to come in and hopefully they will do as good a job as Carlos."

mistakes are stepping stones to success

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 07:06:48 AM »
Not so fast...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=8883

George Burley has issued another Hands Off warning after Sunderland reportedly joined Derby in the race to sign Kenwyne Jones.

National newspapers have suggested Roy Keane wants to pip Billy Davies to sign the Trinidad and Tobago striker.
But after balancing the books over the summer, Saints do not need to sell and Burley is determined to hang on to his goalscoring ace.

Burley said: "I want to keep Kenwyne. He came and spoke to me yesterday and I told him I want him to stay.
"With all this speculation it has not been easy for him. Some managers go shooting their mouths off and talk in the press but I don't think that is right.

"Kenwyne is not the finished article but I want to keep him. You can never say never but I am determined to hang on to him.
"It will be totally my decision with Kenwyne. We don't need to sell him. The club is in a good financial position.

"We were able to spend a million on Wayne Thomas because we brought in a million for Pele who was great in midfield but I needed a centre-half and that's how we did it.
"Wayne Thomas will help us and next week I might be able to get another player in to strengthen us and push us on.

"We were not able to keep everyone over the summer but that is the reality with no parachute payment.
"But we are in a healthy position now which is why we can turn down £5.5m for a player."

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 07:18:23 AM »
Steups! Please!  Yuh know by dis time next week Kenwyne posing in ah Sunderland shirt. ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 07:21:21 AM »

I look to what the manager says and the decisions he makes. Cause clearly if was up to some ah dem fans, Sunderland would be in League 1 this season instead of the EPL.

LOL

Offline socabee

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2007, 08:06:10 AM »
good luck to him if he does go to sunderland mabey him and john could strat a good partnership but the fee could rise up to 6.5m

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 08:12:53 AM »
Keane coy on Jones link
Sunderland also lose Edwards for four weeks
By Mark Buckingham  (Sky Sports)

Last updated: 17th August 2007

Roy Keane has refused to comment on any interest in Kenwyne Jones, while Sunderland winger Carlos Edwards is out for four weeks.

Southampton striker Jones has been linked with a 5million pound move to Sunderland, having also been tracked by Derby County.

Black Cats boss Keane is hoping to bring in more players before the close of the transfer window, but shied away from admitting an interest in Jones.

"I don't think it's fair to be commenting on players that we haven't been given permission to speak to," said Keane on Sky Sports News.

"I've said for weeks, and I will continue saying it, we are probably looking to add one or two players to the squad and that will continue over the next week or two.

"But I'd rather not comment on certain players at certain clubs because they're still under contract there."

Edwards hamstrung

Keane did confirm that Trinidad & Tobago winger Edwards will miss the next month with the hamstring injury sustained against Birmingham City in midweek.

"It's a big blow for us, Carlos is a big player for us," continued Keane. "He gives us plenty of width and can beat a man.

"Carlos is out for four weeks we expect - that's part of football, other clubs are having injury problems.

"We have other players to come in and hopefully they will do as good a job as Carlos."

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 08:34:10 AM »
Not so fast...

"But we are in a healthy position now which is why we can turn down £5.5m for a player."

cool...but can u turn down £6.0m ?

BURLEY - NO NEED TO OFFLOAD JONES

Southampton boss George Burley has underlined his determination to hang on to £6million-rated striker Kenwyne Jones.
Saints turned down a reported £5.5million bid from Derby for the Trinidad & Tobago forward, who has also been linked with a move to Sunderland.
Burley told the club's official website: "I want to keep Kenwyne. He came and spoke to me on Thursday, and I told him I wanted him to stay.
"With all this speculation, it has not been easy for him. Some managers go shooting their mouths off and talk in the press, but I don't think that is right.
"It will be totally my decision with Kenwyne.
"We don't need to sell him, the club is in a good financial position - which is why we can turn down £5.5million for a player."
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:47:34 AM by Flex »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 08:52:04 AM »
Not so fast...

Without Kenwyne, they ain't getting promoted. So, in the long term, keeping him and getting promoted will be worth much more than £6.0m to the club. So, as much as I want to see the boy in the EPL, I totally understand his coach position.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 09:18:08 AM »
Not so fast...

Without Kenwyne, they ain't getting promoted. So, in the long term, keeping him and getting promoted will be worth much more than £6.0m to the club. So, as much as I want to see the boy in the EPL, I totally understand his coach position.

agreed

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »
Cyah say ah happy IF Keene looking to pull another Striker, need or no need, buh let say this rumour pans out, I think he would be looking at the utility ability of Jones, especially as cover for Carlos. Especially wit Carlos catching the injury bug, cause once that starts, it can spread to different areas easily, especially in season. Thus right midfield might be his present position.
Funny though, this is where I was crying for him to get runout  from day 1 for T&T and his move to the UK.
And when Carlos comes back, decent cover for anywhere, especially if yuh cyah get a A1 forward to buy, or current forwards slump.
It's just that price tag, and the item is ah noname brand....might b just as good as the higher priced name brand  items, yet not many ppl buying, so no history, little gaurantee, if yuh will.... Could put any Manager wuk in Jepurdee yes

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 09:42:50 AM »
what I really want to know

What Trini woman dealing Roy ?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:15:19 AM by superoli »
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline krsrd

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 09:43:56 AM »

Some of them lot wouldn't be happy if we signed RVN and won the Premier league this season  ;D

I think most of the time they only do it to be controversial

I think Kenwyne Jones would be a very good signing for us because of his obvious links with Stern, Yorkie and Carlos, Keano is building a TEAM not a squad of individuals and I think signing Kenwyne has a lot of advantages to it, mostly because he would settle into the squad very quickly because he has three familiar faces already there helping him, the downside is, I think Sterns opportunities would become limited within the team, but I'd be happy to have him playing for Sunderland

On another note; it was nice to see the group of TnT fans in the Sunderland end at the Birmingham game, they were sat about 10 - 15 rows in front of me and they went mental when Stern came on  ;D, I didn't see them when he scored because i was too busy going mental myself   8)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 09:45:33 AM »
Cyah say ah happy IF Keene looking to pull another Striker, need or no need, buh let say this rumour pans out, I think he would be looking at the utility ability of Jones, especially as cover for Carlos. Especially wit Carlos catching the injury bug, cause once that starts, it can spread to different areas easily, especially in season. Thus right midfield might be his present position.
Funny though, this is where I was crying for him to get runout  from day 1 for T&T and his move to the UK.
And when Carlos comes back, decent cover for anywhere, especially if yuh cyah get a A1 forward to buy, or current forwards slump.
It's just that price tag, and the item is ah noname brand....might b just as good as the higher priced name brand  items, yet not many ppl buying, so no history, little gaurantee, if yuh will.... Could put any Manager wuk in Jepurdee yes

very unlikely. Jones is not seen as a utility player in England and he has not been used in any other position other than striker for the last few years for club and country. If Keane buys him, it will be most likely as a forward since Keane will have no idea of his ability to play in any other position. No manager spending over 5 million on a player who just going to fill in wherever, especially when he hasn't been used in any other position than up front for years. Very bad business and I don't see Keane doing it. then again..managers see things that the fans don't. but initially I think he would be looking at him as a forward
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:47:53 AM by Filho »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 09:48:05 AM »
what I really want to know
What Trini woman delaing Roy ?
Superoli,
lets try an figure dis out?
who do we know who has been to the SOL recently ;)
ok I need help, sooo....hole orn....I goin an call ah Red 'Oman..... :devil:
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

On another note; it was nice to see the group of TnT fans in the Sunderland end at the Birmingham game, they were sat about 10 - 15 rows in front of me and they went mental when Stern came on  ;D, I didn't see them when he scored because i was too busy going mental myself   8)
that does not make me digruntled atall atall :devil: the longer you stay on here you would get my drift :D

great to hear you all had a great time
and yes some of your points are valid but we TnT peeps would love to see it...... ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:13:53 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 10:10:19 AM »
very unlikely. Jones is not seen as a utility player in England and he has not been used in any other position other than striker for the last few years for club and countryAGREED If Keane buys him, it will be most likely as a forward since Keane will have no idea of his ability to play in any other position[/b].(Most managers would do the  research, and It have 3 National teammates to inform him of KJ full ability :yapping: No manager spending over 5 million on a player who just going to fill in wherever, especially when he hasn't been used in any other position than up front for years.(Fans, already saying the man is ah genius- last year, imagine if he actually take this kid an convert him to ah top class mid)  :notworthy: Very bad business and I don't see Keane doing it.(yet, I agree, big chance, he go have to real trust dem probable Trini advisors) then again..managers see things that the fans don't. (Exactly 8)) but initially I think he would be looking at him as a forward (initially, and yet, if he happen to see the boy U17 or even WC tapes -  :idea:)

add: or listen to maxg   ::)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:16:31 AM by maxg »

1]; } ?>