April 24, 2024, 07:43:11 AM

Author Topic: Keane is left sweating on Edwards injury  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keane is left sweating on Edwards injury
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:24 AM »
Keane is left sweating on Edwards injury
By James Hunter (Evening Chronicle)

CARLOS EDWARDS was set to undergo a scan today on the hamstring injury which saw him limp out of Sunderland’s 1-1 draw at Birmingham City.

The Trinidad and Tobago international pulled up six minutes from time clutching his left hamstring, seconds after he had raced 45 yards into the penalty area to create a chance for Stern John and the frontman had headed against the crossbar.

Edwards could barely walk and had to go off to avoid making the injury worse, leaving Sunderland to finish the game with 10 men as they had already made the allowed three substitutions.

Edwards missed part of Sunderland’s pre-season due to injury and it is this lack of match-practice which boss Roy Keane blamed for the hamstring problem, admitting he should have taken the winger off earlier to protect him.

Keane said: “Carlos has damaged his hamstring and we will have more news over the next 24 to 48 hours when he has had a scan.

“I probably should have taken him off, because he had missed a bit of pre-season.

“His fitness probably is not at the same level as the other lads’ and when you are tired, that is when you pull a hamstring.”

If Edwards has merely strained his hamstring, he could be ready to return in two weeks.

However, if the scan shows he has torn the muscle, he is likely to be out for four to six weeks.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Re: Keane is left sweating on Edwards injury
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:33:27 AM »
go to de church,mosque and temple,carlos need some prayers.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:04:26 PM »

Marvin will heal him.  Get on the phone to Carlos, Dawg.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 07:34:43 PM »

Marvin will heal him.  Get on the phone to Carlos, Dawg.

hehe, marvin still playing with one knee
Hart for president

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Edwards injury blow
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 04:09:44 AM »
Edwards injury blow
By Nick Alexander (safc.com)

Carlos Edwards will be out of action for a month after hurting his hamstring at Birmingham on Wednesday.

The winger will miss Sunderland's game against Wigan, Liverpool, Luton and Manchester United.

Roy Keane will hope to have him back after the international break, against Reading on September 15.

Keane said: "Carlos will be out for a month, it's bad news but it's just one of those things.

"This is why I talk about needing a big squad and hopefully we will be OK without him.

"We have a two-week break coming up. Hopefully Carlos will be back after the break.

"We really should have taken him off [at Birmingham] but when he's on the pitch he's a real threat and we hoped he might produce something.

"That's football, you look at every other club in the country and players pick up injuries. Three games in a week in very difficult on the legs."

Keane is hoping Dickson Etuhu recovers from a foot injury in time to travel to Wigan.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 05:19:57 AM »
Edwards injury blow
By Nick Alexander (safc.com)

Carlos Edwards will be out of action for a month after hurting his hamstring at Birmingham on Wednesday.

The winger will miss Sunderland's game against Wigan, Liverpool, Luton and Manchester United.

Roy Keane will hope to have him back after the international break, against Reading on September 15.

Keane said: "Carlos will be out for a month, it's bad news but it's just one of those things.

"This is why I talk about needing a big squad and hopefully we will be OK without him.

"We have a two-week break coming up. Hopefully Carlos will be back after the break.

"We really should have taken him off [at Birmingham] but when he's on the pitch he's a real threat and we hoped he might produce something.

"That's football, you look at every other club in the country and players pick up injuries. Three games in a week in very difficult on the legs."

Keane is hoping Dickson Etuhu recovers from a foot injury in time to travel to Wigan.

Last time around he came back faster than they expected. Maybe this will be the case once again. That said, with him missing preseason I seriously doubt it. This is all very bad news for Sunderland, He is probably their most versatile player.

Get welll soon Carlos, I will miss seeing you against Liverpool
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »
Ah real vex he missin those big games.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »

Kieran Richardson might take his place on the right side I know kieran plays more center but I sure Keane will shuffle the pack so that the role will be filled until he gets back.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 05:47:25 PM »
Doh get me upset Marvin never claim to heal himself. Why not say call Marvin and ask him to pray 4 Carlos. Is ok for a man to drink and get drunk but is a  big joke when it comes to a man's faith in God. Loud steups
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 07:23:19 PM »
Doh get me upset Marvin never claim to heal himself. Why not say call Marvin and ask him to pray 4 Carlos. Is ok for a man to drink and get drunk but is a  big joke when it comes to a man's faith in God. Loud steups
Not.

That.

Serious.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »
Ah real vex he missin those big games.

Doh sweat. Remember teams play each other twice. So Carlos "Road runner..or is it Rolls Royce" Edwards go show dem bad bwoy team who is boss later in de season. Respec'
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 08:13:16 PM »

Kieran Richardson might take his place on the right side I know kieran plays more center but I sure Keane will shuffle the pack so that the role will be filled until he gets back.

Except Kieran Richardson is left footed, so if he plays on the right, he will be playing a very different role. More of a cut in and shoot. We'll see

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 08:47:13 PM »
As Roy Keane said...tactically he fu*cked up....the sunderland dream lives on

Keane knows he left Carlos on too long...so now he will learn from his mistake
Ah say it, how ah see it

1]; } ?>