April 28, 2024, 03:15:38 PM

Author Topic: Tony Warner Thread  (Read 16686 times)

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tony Warner
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »
FSC  is airing the Fulham/ Bolton game at 5pm EST

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 04:30:24 PM »
nah boy nah...

that goalkeeping error right up there with some of de legendary ones.. man just drop de ball for a man to kick in..

but he made amends with some top quality saves, especially one off Anelka.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »
Just like someone said you can't pick Warner after one good game, you also can't not pick him after one error. His subsequent saves more than made up for the mistake and showed he's man enough to put errors behind him. In my view, todays match will have improved his game. Many keepers would have lost confidence and made more errors.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 10:33:54 PM »
Lets talk about how he rebounded from the error to earn some good plaudits from the commentators.  He made several brilliant saves after his error.  It's a hard luck that could happen to the best of keepers.  Even Mr. Reliable, Peter Cech, made an error today; came out to punch a ball, but got no where near it.  It happens to the best of them.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 12:32:21 AM »
He lost control of the ball as he collided with his defender...the rain made the ball even more slick.  Unfortunate play, but I won't term it a blunder or error.  Wet ball...dislodged by collision...hard to fault Warner for that.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 06:54:17 AM »
Lets talk about how he rebounded from the error to earn some good plaudits from the commentators.  He made several brilliant saves after his error.  It's a hard luck that could happen to the best of keepers.  Even Mr. Reliable, Peter Cech, made an error today; came out to punch a ball, but got no where near it.  It happens to the best of them.

.....and that is if you can even really call them things "errors" per se:  Cech come out for the ball and got undercut by a collision with one of his own players,  and, as BnS pointed out, Warner collide with one of his own as well while contending with a wvery wet, slippery ball (and dem gloves do get slippery when they get overly saturated).  Dem ting does happen to best of them.  Right now, Warner is perfoming as well as he can be.  Give him his props. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Anyone see Tony Warner today?
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2007, 12:27:28 PM »
Shat in his draws today....

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:39:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone see Tony Warner today?
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 04:12:14 PM »
Shat in his draws today....

LMAO Just Saw It lol

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2007, 07:09:47 PM »
he just as bad a Lehman, thy tying for gaffs!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2007, 02:17:10 PM »
I cyah even rationalize or justify this one...but to his credit he made up for it later on with some excellent saves.  Yuh cyah keep shitting on yuhself den cleaning it up though.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2007, 02:32:12 PM »
I cyah even rationalize or justify this one...but to his credit he made up for it later on with some excellent saves. Yuh cyah keep shitting on yuhself den cleaning it up though.

Looks like he has a penchant for committing the blooper then making amends with some extraordinary saves.  Saw his mistake on Saturday, and I would have to say that it was supposed to be a routine save.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2007, 05:44:29 PM »
With all respect to Warner, if he's the number 4 choice for Trini, why aren't Kelvin and Clayton playing at higher level?  Ok, Tony is reserve keeper, but I'm sure Kelvin and Clayton would be happy to be second choice at Reading or Wigan and take their chance when it comes. They would benefit from much better training, facilities and physios.   

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2007, 08:02:04 PM »
I cyah even rationalize or justify this one...but to his credit he made up for it later on with some excellent saves. Yuh cyah keep shitting on yuhself den cleaning it up though.

Looks like he has a penchant for committing the blooper then making amends with some extraordinary saves.  Saw his mistake on Saturday, and I would have to say that it was supposed to be a routine save.

Tony Warner=Calamity James mk II

I hate to rag on the man like that but these days I just can look favorably on anyone with Warner for a last name.

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2007, 10:20:40 PM »
Tony started in Liverpool where he earned the nickname Tony Bonus, due to him receiving many win bonuses as a non-playing substitute,  :devil:..thus he never played a game for them

he had quite a few loan spells in his career while still being owned by liverpool till 1999..he was loaned to swindon town 1997..celtic 1998-1999...aberdeen 1999

he left liverz in 1999 to Milwall where he was owned till 2004...and was voted played of the year in 2002-2003 by the fans..in 2004 millwall played man u in the fa cup final man u won,,,but warner was injured an was unable to play,,however Dennis wise who was the then player/manager said that warner deserved a medal (runners up medal).

2004-2006 he was sold to cardiff however spent 2005-2006 on loan to fulham..( ;Deverybody was lookin out for him in a fulham shirt before world cup...)

2006-2007 season he spent the frist part at leeds playin under dennis wise ..(now its said warner played every match under kevin blackwell the manager before dennis..an by the the time dennis came in it was already realised that leeds was in relegation trouble.after the mistakes we hav seen recently despite the oh so big saves,,allya doh feel he make real mistakes in his time in leeds..if not read this ... warner was axed after a horrific display in a carling cup game by the now manager Dennis Wise, who brought in a new keeper on loan..

when warners's loan contract expired in jan,,,he was loaned out again to norwich,,and is currently back at fulham

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 10:22:32 PM »
Goalkeepers usually peak between 31 and 35, so Warner being 33 is a plus
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You cant be serious bout that

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »

very much so
Hart for president

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »
With all respect to Warner, if he's the number 4 choice for Trini, why aren't Kelvin and Clayton playing at higher level?  Ok, Tony is reserve keeper, but I'm sure Kelvin and Clayton would be happy to be second choice at Reading or Wigan and take their chance when it comes. They would benefit from much better training, facilities and physios.   

That is a good question.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2007, 11:33:14 PM »

very much so

the only thing a 31-35 year old keeper has over a younger one is experience,,so say tony is experienced. rather more experienced than jan or kelvin..bcuz of where he has played and who has played for. but as a keepr u hav to be agile and quick an able to react suddenly, i not sayin that u cant be these things at 31-35,,buh i dam sure u cud b a whole lot better at 20-29

u cant compare men like lehman and oliver kahn..dem men hav yrs over experience and talent and a name under them.,,them establish themselves as renown gks before they get old,,so there experience is noted,,an has to be,,warner experience buh how much chanpions league and top flight and international games he played for us to say hey at 33 he cud get a sweat..

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2007, 04:52:38 AM »
Tony started in Liverpool where he earned the nickname Tony Bonus, due to him receiving many win bonuses as a non-playing substitute,  :devil:..thus he never played a game for them

he had quite a few loan spells in his career while still being owned by liverpool till 1999..he was loaned to swindon town 1997..celtic 1998-1999...aberdeen 1999

he left liverz in 1999 to Milwall where he was owned till 2004...and was voted played of the year in 2002-2003 by the fans..in 2004 millwall played man u in the fa cup final man u won,,,but warner was injured an was unable to play,,however Dennis wise who was the then player/manager said that warner deserved a medal (runners up medal).

2004-2006 he was sold to cardiff however spent 2005-2006 on loan to fulham..( ;Deverybody was lookin out for him in a fulham shirt before world cup...)

2006-2007 season he spent the frist part at leeds playin under dennis wise ..(now its said warner played every match under kevin blackwell the manager before dennis..an by the the time dennis came in it was already realised that leeds was in relegation trouble.after the mistakes we hav seen recently despite the oh so big saves,,allya doh feel he make real mistakes in his time in leeds..if not read this ... warner was axed after a horrific display in a carling cup game by the now manager Dennis Wise, who brought in a new keeper on loan..

when warners's loan contract expired in jan,,,he was loaned out again to norwich,,and is currently back at fulham

oh gorm, give props to wikipedia nah  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2007, 08:28:14 AM »

very much so

the only thing a 31-35 year old keeper has over a younger one is experience,,so say tony is experienced. rather more experienced than jan or kelvin..bcuz of where he has played and who has played for. but as a keepr u hav to be agile and quick an able to react suddenly, i not sayin that u cant be these things at 31-35,,buh i dam sure u cud b a whole lot better at 20-29

u cant compare men like lehman and oliver kahn..dem men hav yrs over experience and talent and a name under them.,,them establish themselves as renown gks before they get old,,so there experience is noted,,an has to be,,warner experience buh how much chanpions league and top flight and international games he played for us to say hey at 33 he cud get a sweat..

All that being said, goalkeeepers general DO tend to peak later on that do the outfield players, which is why u can see guys like Lehmann, Kahn, Buffon, Van der Sar, David James, Kasey Keller all holding down first team spots, and doing so with distinction. It would seem that experience plays a HUGE part in determining a goalkeeper's pedigree
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 11:49:07 AM »
well yeh thaz wa i said,,,,buh tony wasnt no khan or van der sar in the early days...so his experience is questionable...

buh yeh big up to wiki,,,an tony bonus

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »
American goalkeeper Keller signs for Fulham

Veteran goalkeeper Kasey Keller has joined Fulham.

Click here
The Cottagers have been short of options in goal this season, following an injury to first-choice Antti Niemi and with a lack of cover for Tony Warner in the Finn's absence.

Fulham manager Lawrie Sanchez believes 37-year-old American Keller could be the right man at the right time for the Barclays Premier League club.

'I'm delighted that Kasey has joined us, and I'm sure he'll be a great addition to the squad,' said Sanchez of the former Leicester goalkeeper, who has been playing most recently for Borussia Moenchengladbach.

'Obviously, with Antti being injured, it was important we added some strength and depth in that area - and Kasey is a proven professional with impeccable international credentials.

'It's vital we have cover in all areas throughout the squad, and I think he will be a valuable asset to us over the course of the season.'

Keller, meanwhile, is delighted at the opportunity to show what he can do again at the top level in English football.

'It's fantastic to be back in the Premier League after a couple of years' absence - and when the opportunity to join Fulham came up it was an exciting proposition that didn't take too much consideration,' he said.

'I am really enthusiastic about this new challenge.'

fulham has alot of americans on their roster.....is their a special connection?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »
competition for tony

buh hear nuh alya kno they goin an real kill us with fulham games in trinidad now..cuase of how much american players on fulham and seeing tha fsc is a amercian station...on a wednesday when they dont block it i wlill be real pissed to only b watchin the cottagers

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »
Not long before Tony riding pine...Keller is my second favorite American player of all time, behind McBride.  I'll root for Warner over him....but Keller is too good a keeper to play behind him...unless that is, that age has crept up on him.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
Thing with Goalies is that most of the best ones don't get to save many shots.

Experienced keepers boss their defence so well that strikers are reduced to speculative long shots. Corners and free kicks are defended under the control of the keeper, so the more experience, the better the defence. This leaves one on ones as the biggest danger and, again, an experienced keeper knows when to come and when to stay. Check Schmeical in his later years.

Its also hard for young keepers to break through. When they do, they will be allowed less mistakes as these mistakes will be attributed to their youth, and also it takes supreme self confidence to play in goal and once this wavers more mistakes occur. Also, the defenders lose confidence if the keeper isn't strong and begin to make their own decisions. This leads to confusion and makes the keeper lok even worse.

Hence, 30-35 are the peak years for keepers. 

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »
Isnt that amazing..........there are now four american goalkeepers tending the net in the premiership.

Everton
Reading
Blackburn
Fulham

Kudos to the americanos!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 10:36:34 PM »
Isnt that amazing..........there are now four american goalkeepers tending the net in the premiership.

Everton
Reading
Blackburn
Fulham

Kudos to the americanos!!

ah love it!!
...and for the most part you have Keller to thank for that paving the way for Friedel and then the younger generation.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »
instant bench yes!

Aston Villa stick with an unchanged XI. A surprise for Fulham who give a debut to veteran keeper Kasey Keller, who only joined the club this week.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner training with Alexandra
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
Warner training with Alexandra
sportinglife.com

Crewe boss Steve Davis has confirmed Tony Warner is training with Alex but that there are no plans to sign the goalkeeper.

Warner recently returned to England from a spell in Australia's A-League with Wellington Phoenix and is searching for a new club.

Although a move to Gresty Road is not in the offing, Davis was happy to provide the 38-year-old with a place to maintain his fitness because of the influence he can have on the Alex's younger goalkeepers.

"He knows the situation that we haven't got anything for him here, but he's quite happy to come down and keep himself fit until he finds a club," Davis explained.

"Obviously he's a keeper with vast experience and that can only rub off on Ben Garratt and those sort of keepers, and it will help Alan (Martin) as well.

"He's 38 years of age, fit, strong and big. He's got great experience and, for anyone who's looking for a goalkeeper, I'd certainly recommend him. He's a nice lad, he's good to have around the place and very enthusiastic. We're just helping him out."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 04:01:09 PM »
Apparently Tony Warner is now the Goalkeeping Coach at Blackpool.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>