April 23, 2024, 12:36:18 AM

Author Topic: FLOW is D WORSE  (Read 20771 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
FLOW is D WORSE
« on: August 19, 2007, 09:46:56 AM »
Steupssss.

Is Sunday Morning and it early still but this cable channel have meh cussin already.

They advertise that cnc 3 go show the game Liverpool vs Chelsea...

Fine

Hurricane Deane hittin Jamaica and dey cyar show it.

So instead of letting the blasted game show on fox sports they go cut the game with 29:03 minutes gorn and Liverpool in control.

and worse yet cnc 3 showing a old liverpool arsenal game from last yr.

Why dey cyar come to some agreement that if the same game not showing on both channels let the fox sports run.

In fact doe block fox sports atall...let that stream right tru.

I now call Flow arse and d line busy.

steuppssss

Sorry eh people but i had to vent this hr

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FLOW is D WORSE
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »
Touches I totally agree with you the playing up big time
the could think a little the game not live on CNC 3 so show it you not infringing on their exclusive rights
WHY !!!!!!!!!!!

Troy 8)
Senior Advisor to AWATT's Intelligence Unit

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:39 AM »
Boy ah geh a serious chain up in trute.... Well i went IP band launch las night so i now wake up and saying boy d game start so i hustle and put on TV watchin Liverpool vs Arsenal thinking d game going real good..... I watch d whole half yes before i realize is ah old game.  :rotfl:
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:56:14 AM »
I am pissed
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:57:06 AM »
Send flow a message. Get DirectTv!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 09:58:26 AM »
Boy ah geh a serious chain up in trute.... Well i went IP band launch las night so i now wake up and saying boy d game start so i hustle and put on TV watchin Liverpool vs Arsenal thinking d game going real good..... I watch d whole half yes before i realize is ah old game.  :rotfl:
Chain up is an under statement IP launch was that good damn :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
 Troy 8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:04:29 AM by troy piloy »

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Mango chow now is not a time for your stupid sense of humour
Troy 8)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 10:04:50 AM »
I worked last night and stay up until 11am cause i didnt want to fall alseep and miss de game.

The game start with real tempo.  Liverpool was controlling things but Chelsea was quick on the counter with wright phillips, malouda and kalou.

Ball gone out for a throw and is FREEZE!!

Ah doh like tuh cuss, but

Flow and dem Mudda c**t!!

Steups

ah feeling tuh yank out dey box and pelt it in de road!!

f**k man!!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 10:10:16 AM »
FLOW ?!?!

Whuz da scene?

Is it a case of broadcasting rights being in the hands of a less reliable provider/channel in terms of service quality?

Anyways, game going good  ;D gonna miss the last 20 mins but ah DVR'ing the whole ting so tell flow dey could link meh if dey want to provide a delayed telecast...we could arrange something....  ;D ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 10:13:51 AM »
Yes FSCJamaica went down before the Liverpool-Chelsea match. No worries. I just replaced the feed with a FTA and is showing it to our cable customers. 
jjbrown

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
Mango chow now is not a time for your stupid sense of humour
Troy 8)

Sorry, Troy, but I wasn't joking.  Say what you will about my sense of humor, but DirectTv (option "B") is available in T&T and I know first hand of what a piss-poor entity flow (option "A') and its services is.  Now If I were living in T&T and had them two options, the joke would really be on me if I stick with "A"........ But, no scene.  We is Trini.  "We like it."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:46:00 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 10:42:43 AM »
WHADEMUDDAHC*NTDOESWRONGWITFLOWATALL?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:42 AM »
Mango Chow

It easy to break it down to option A and B when yuh living abroad but it not so simple.

It is not nice to insult all of us down here saying we like it so.

1) You cannot get local channels on Direct TV so no news, gayelle, synergy, win tv etc. that alone is a bonus for flow.

2) Direct TV in TT comes from the latin american feed so most of the programming is in spanish

3) CNC3 a local newsstation and tv6 have the rights to most sporting events in TT WC, Under 17 etc and EPL games. see point 1 above.

4) We in the caribbean, we have rainy season for 6 months of the year....flow does not have "Searching for Satellite signal" when it rains.

5) Flow cheaper

So the above are 5 reasons why we in Trinidad like it and stick with option "A"

Lets sing along shall we..."If better can't be done...let the worse continue"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:05:49 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline troy piloy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 11:22:58 AM »
Mango Chow

It easy to break it down to option A and B when yuh living abroad but it not so simple.

1) You cannot get local channels on Direct TV so no news, gayelle, synergy, win tv etc. that alone is a bonus for flow.

2) Direct TV in TT comes from the latin american feed so most of the programming is in spanish

3) CNC3 a local newsstation and tv6 have the rights to most sporting events in TT WC, Under 17 etc and EPL games. see point 1 above.

4) We in the caribbean, we have rainy season for 6 months of the year....flow does not have "Searching for Satellite signal" when it rains.

5) Flow cheaper

Touches thanks for answering this Mango Chow fella because the does be living aboard and be making ignorant statements  and when you tell them anything they come up with some bull shit answer.
Then they does want to be talking about they are Trini and the know little about what is going on in Trinidad

Troy 8)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »
Mango Chow

5) Flow cheaper

Yuh know what, Touches, I may live abroad, but I was only repeating a phrase I grew up hearing in T&T lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong before I left to be here.   So if any of you feel insulted, from a statement coming from overseas, know that that same statement was born and bred at home, like me.
    We get thunderstorms and bad weather here in the us, as well.....the weather is REALLY not that big an issue as far as MY own experience has proven.  Also, thare are still MANY people at home that, in spite of your 5 reasons, have become so fed-up with flow and their BS, that they have done what they can to: "SEND A MESSAGE" ..........They subscribe to DirectTv.  I can get my news from the Express and Guardian.   I know that change is not the easiest thing to bring about, but waiting for it is going to take longer for it to come than demanding it.

Troy, living abroad does not change the fact that I have and the vast majority of my life as well as having most of my family still living in T&T.  Living abroad does not make one or any particular person so detached from one's culture as to be clueless.  Stop fightin' up yourself.    Besides, we would all do well to learn more spanish.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 12:11:34 PM by Mango Chow! »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
d heading might be TV6 is D WORSE tommorow if dey show our game dalayed.  ;D
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2007, 11:45:07 AM »
I worked last night and stay up until 11am cause i didnt want to fall alseep and miss de game.

The game start with real tempo.  Liverpool was controlling things but Chelsea was quick on the counter with wright phillips, malouda and kalou.

Steups

f**k man!!

Lemmeh guess....yuh NOT lovin it ent?  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »
I stay away from DirecTV primarily because of weather issues. There is nothing worse than being stuck home during bad weather and then your cable and internet goes down.

I thought that the problem with Flow/Cablevision was that they didn't really have the rights to these programmes? I thought that the blackouts were a result of them getting the feeds on the cheap.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2007, 12:03:37 PM »
I stay away from DirecTV primarily because of weather issues. There is nothing worse than being stuck home during bad weather and then your cable and internet goes down.

I thought that the problem with Flow/Cablevision was that they didn't really have the rights to these programmes? I thought that the blackouts were a result of them getting the feeds on the cheap.
In my 2 1/2 years as a DirecTV subscriber I have suffered (an estimated) 5 hours total of lost programming due to inclement weather.  That inclement weather disruption talk is a combination I suspect of dated information (past subscribers describing past problems from yrs ago) or malicious misinformation.  The customer service benefits, excellent pricing, programming credits...say nothing of the NFL Sunday Ticket...more than makes up for the lost programming.

FLOW?

How often allyuh get that, once a month?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 12:13:47 PM »

The interruptions caused by inclement weather, while thay just may be very poorly timed (at times) have been extremely minimal to me over the past 4 years.......just my humble experience.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 12:25:36 PM »

The interruptions caused by inclement weather, while thay just may be very poorly timed (at times) have been extremely minimal to me over the past 4 years.......just my humble experience.

That's understandable and it will be different for everybody.

I have never had the service myself, but just by visiting friends on occasions when it has been interrupted, I find it to be a real nuisance. It could very well be that for people that have it, the benefitss outweigh the drawbacks but I know that it is a real deterrent to prospective customers.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 01:12:10 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6953530.stm
 Last Updated: Sunday, 19 August 2007, 16:18 GMT 17:18 UK 

E-mail this to a friend   Printable version 

Hurricane bears down on Jamaica 

Residents were securing their belongings before heading inland
Jamaica is bracing for what could be a devastating storm as Hurricane Dean blows in from the Caribbean Sea.
The island sits right in Dean's path and meteorologists warn the storm could have "potentially catastrophic" results, dumping 20in (50cm) of rain.

Low-lying areas are being evacuated and schools and churches are being converted into emergency shelters for those with nowhere else to stay.

now might be a good time to say a prayer for we brothers in the path of this hurricane.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »
On dis sunday the congregation say men. TV6 is d worst because I eh hear nutten bout the game
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 02:05:39 PM »
Arhmm.....if sportsmax eh showin outta jamaica because of dean.......does that mean that the U17 Game mightnt show? :o
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
On dis sunday the congregation say men. TV6 is d worst because I eh hear nutten bout the game

boy tv6 really scaring me dread, all i hearing is budget and no football for monday, i waiting to see if they go say something during d sports news tonight. now sportmax down becuase of hurricane, stueps i just feel dey will give we a delay game

Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
I think it was always to be delayed
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 03:09:15 PM »

The game start with real tempo.  Liverpool was controlling things but Chelsea was quick on the counter with wright phillips, malouda and kalou.

Steups

f**k man!!

Lemmeh guess....yuh NOT lovin it ent? :rotfl:

LMAO ... palos yuh wicked ... ah was feelin de man pain dread ... then yuh jes mash up dat riddim one time ....LOL

Plenty legitimate concerns on dis thread.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »
I think it was always to be delayed
Yeh i know i was kinda hopin 4 a live game, since budget was 2pm and d delayed time was 1:30pm so is either dey choose to show it live or late
in d night delayed
Youtube Channel

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 03:37:39 PM »
i doh see what is the point of Sportsmax at all!
all dey do is broadcast de same game dat FSC broadcasting in horrible picture quality compared to what FSC does bring it in
STEUPS  >:(

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2007, 05:51:07 PM »
Flipping through channels on those satellite services is painfully slow compared to direct wired cable.
And for internet there is a delay that can't be overcome unless those german physicists really beat the speed of light.

How much is DirectTv compared to Flow anyway?  In the states they give you the quipment free but I doubt they do that at home.  Add to that you have to have somewhere to put the eye sore...some apartment complexes up here don't let you install it unless you get some extra insurance and if you don't have a clear view of the southern skies forget about it..

My recent experience with Dish Network and Dierct TV is that they are annoyances...and the weather does in fact mess with it.  Imagine if big thunder storm rolling through you can't get the news..steupse.

Customer Service wise DirectTV might be better but technology wise you can't beat hard wired. Learn spanish   :rotfl:

1]; } ?>