April 28, 2024, 05:23:26 PM

Author Topic: Neaves on the scoreboard  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Neaves on the scoreboard
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:45 AM »
USF Takes Rowdies’ Cup With 2-0 Win
gousfbulls.com

– First period goals by USF’s Kevon Neaves and Simon Schoendorf carried the Bulls to a 2-0 victory over the University of Tampa in the Rowdies’ Cup exhibition match, Saturday night at the USF Soccer Stadium.

Junior Jordan Seabrook assisted both goals on crosses in front of the net to give USF its third consecutive victory over UT since 2005 when the Rowdies’ Cup began play.  Seabrook has recorded at least one point in each Rowdies’ Cup since its inception, having scored a hat trick in 2005’s 7-0 win and assisting Ogi Perucica on a goal in the 2-0 victory last year.

Neaves cracked the scoreboard first in the 19th minute of the first period and Schoendorf followed at the 28th mark in the same frame to give the Bulls all the offensive support they would need.  USF out-shot the Spartans 15-8 in the match and held a 9-1 advantage in shots on goal.  Keeper Diego Restrepo was tested very lightly in the first preseason start of his career.

Neaves, Seabrook and sophomore Jason Devenish each recorded two shots on goal apiece.  Freshman Tony Taylor also notched one.

The exhibition lasted 90 minutes and was broken into three 30-minute periods.  Following the game, the Bulls were awarded the actual 1975 NASL Championship Trophy, which serves as the Rowdies’ Cup.

The Bulls will face Saint Louis in their next exhibition match on Tuesday, Aug. 21 at the USF Soccer Stadium.  Match time is again schedule for 7:30 p.m.  The regular season will begin Friday, Aug. 31 as in-state rival UCF visits for a 7:30 showdown as well.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Neaves on the scoreboard
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:25:46 AM »
congrats
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »
At THIS age, in THIS current international time of football, with no disrespect meant to the US College system, playing for USF doesn't do much to improve Kevon Neaves as a player relative to his global counterparts of a similar age in my opinion.

Pity, because this is a player I had extremely high hopes for.  I would love to be completely wrong on this.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:39:26 AM »
At THIS age, in THIS current international time of football, with no disrespect meant to the US College system, playing for USF doesn't do much to improve Kevon Neaves as a player relative to his global counterparts of a similar age in my opinion.

Pity, because this is a player I had extremely high hopes for.  I would love to be completely wrong on this.

WRONG  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »

you are dead wrong pardner with no disrepect. Guys getting a chance to further their education and play football counld never be a set back not even for their game. what is every youngster to do play in the TT Pro League and get push around from the TTFF... Bulllshit !!! :cursing: :bs: :bs:
All American

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »

you are dead wrong pardner with no disrepect. Guys getting a chance to further their education and play football counld never be a set back not even for their game. what is every youngster to do play in the TT Pro League and get push around from the TTFF... Bulllshit !!! :cursing: :bs: :bs:

I would never argue the education part of it.

The football part....for a player like Kevon.....sorry....he left behind bro.  Again....compared to international players of similar talent of his age when he left St Anthony's.

Maybe I should have made it clearer.  I not advocatin Kevon should stay in T&T and play PFL football.

In my opinion, Kevon and Keon Daniel are/were 2 players who should be plying and learning their trade in a recognised professional league in a professional environment.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 12:10:27 PM by palos »

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »
in a narrow minded football point of view palos correct, cuz if u tryin to make it in football, i.e. your desired career, goin to school first as with so many ppl is not the best avenue, cuz ny the time u finish get ur degree u now lookin to join a at all 21-24...clubs not lookin to sign ppl with no experience right out of school..well no good clubs,,,

buh like d men arguing, it hav a plus in it,,,cuz men gettin there education..buh it jus real sad cuz right now rel men gettin a edu, and comin back to play pfl which really doh make sense and..real men dropin out of school after 1 yr to cum back an pfl too...

it hav real men who playin ball in pfl an cud of gone away too,,,buh for them men school was not an easy option,,,...everybody go hav a different view ,,buh lets jus hope for the best for Neaves cuz he very bad

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
in a narrow minded football point of view palos correct, cuz if u tryin to make it in football, i.e. your desired career, goin to school first as with so many ppl is not the best avenue, cuz ny the time u finish get ur degree u now lookin to join a at all 21-24...clubs not lookin to sign ppl with no experience right out of school..well no good clubs,,,

buh like d men arguing, it hav a plus in it,,,cuz men gettin there education..buh it jus real sad cuz right now rel men gettin a edu, and comin back to play pfl which really doh make sense and..real men dropin out of school after 1 yr to cum back an pfl too...

it hav real men who playin ball in pfl an cud of gone away too,,,buh for them men school was not an easy option,,,...everybody go hav a different view ,,buh lets jus hope for the best for Neaves cuz he very bad

Kevon very bad is a understatement hoss.  Fuh me....purely from a football standpoint and perhaps selfishly speaking.....is a pity because wit he kinda talent.....he coulda go on to be a great.  Daz how much I rate him.

If he was in a place like whey Darryl Roberts is now....Kevon woulda be dat much wickeder.

But ah cyah vex from a holistic standpoint.  He gettin a education and goin in a professional environment not exactly a guarantee of success.  But I woulda put $$ on he to emerge as a truly world class player.  He might defy de odds and still become dat.  Hopefully....if dat is what he want, it will happen so.

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 06:46:38 PM »
I underz where u cumin from,,,cuz neaves leave bout two yrs before me...we used to regard him as the dinho of college football...

but darryl roberts went to school first..he went liberty university an hot hot the scene,,,make all-american team as a freshman, second team honors, and was  Big South Freshman of the Year

neaves an darrly is two different positions yeh... buh
in his yrs he doh wa darryl hav..u so cah really say if he was where darrly was he wud be better

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 07:09:17 PM »
so did he have other option than school? like going somewhere and making a professional contract? which brings him to the situation he is in school. best place i think any youth could be in. congrats Kevon!
All American

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 09:46:18 AM »
tru dat u cah give a man wrong for gettin a education..

but i believe (cah prove it with facts)....they say he had gte offers from sum club in netherlands...sumbody must kno for sure..so we go wait an see

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55:21 AM »
I underz where u cumin from,,,cuz neaves leave bout two yrs before me...we used to regard him as the dinho of college football...

but darryl roberts went to school first..he went liberty university an hot hot the scene,,,make all-american team as a freshman, second team honors, and was  Big South Freshman of the Year

neaves an darrly is two different positions yeh... buh
in his yrs he doh wa darryl hav..u so cah really say if he was where darrly was he wud be better

When ah say place like whey Darryl Roberts is now....ah mean Holland playin fuh a professional team like Sparta Rotterdam.

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 01:27:48 PM »
yeh i kno thaz what u meant,,wa i tryin to say (in my opinion rite now)..is that bcuz of darryl acomplishments in school daz y he dere in rotterdam...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 01:37:47 PM »
yeh i kno thaz what u meant,,wa i tryin to say (in my opinion rite now)..is that bcuz of darryl acomplishments in school daz y he dere in rotterdam...

Good point.  :beermug:

1]; } ?>