April 20, 2024, 10:06:23 AM

Author Topic: Gay World Cup In Argentina! Wha goin orn?  (Read 3792 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gay World Cup In Argentina! Wha goin orn?
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:57:48 AM »

Gay World Cup in Argentina This Year

by Ryan Wilson

A gay Mexican football team is hoping to win a place at the 2007 Gay Soccer World Cup in Argentina.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Gay Soccer World Cup, but according to this 2004 article, the International Gay & Lesbian Football Association (IGLFA) was started in 1992, and the first organized gay soccer team was formed in New York City in 1981.

These teams aren't comprised of professional players, but guys with everyday jobs hoping to use soccer as a vehicle "to spread tolerance and social understanding." There will be 32 teams competing in Argentina, though the Mexican side still needs to raise funds for uniforms, a coach, and travel expenses from corporations and gay organizations.

Honestly, the Gay Soccer World Cup is a great idea. I think everyone, no matter their sexual preference, should be afforded the right to take dives, throw punches, and drop-kick unruly fans. Just make sure the coach wears a helmet.
Labels: gay soccer, gays in Argentina. world gay soccer.

I could'nt believe it when I read it this morning at the back of the New Times,it was an ad placed by Wizzard Travel ......

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Gay World Cup In Argentina! Wha goin orn?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 11:05:24 AM »
what you was looking for in the back of the New Times- a call girl?? boy just kidding with you...as far as i can remember the back of the new times doh have a set of personal ads?
 :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:16:31 AM »
Saga pinto strikes AGAIN!  ;D :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »
Oh Gawwd like meh reputation shaky on this subject boi,here's what I go try to scan it and paste it,but funny how allyuh remember meh post back then on the gay ballers ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
i remember bright and early a sunday morning in england, saving in a sunday league game...

de fields up there does be line up side by side and back to back, so real games going on...

Anyway.. we dominating de game so hardly any wuk for me in goal, so i watching the other sweat on the next field now and then... Some portuguese fellahs in a sweat and this one blonde curly head girl throwing some hard tackle.. I was in shock to see someone running with a girly run (hands in front and wrist bent), and BREAKING UP fellahs in de sweat...

If yuh see de profile... tight pants, tight jersey, colorful socks, curly blonde hear tie with a woogie, a high pitch voice, and under all that still playing like a rank midfield enforcer... taking down men left right and centre...

After de game i call one of my teammates and say, "man, watch this girl play.. she's de best girl player i ever see in my life.. she cleaning them up"..

hear my teammate nuh.. "look again mate"

yuh know is ah fassyman   ???

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 11:40:43 AM »
what you was looking for in the back of the New Times- a call girl?? boy just kidding with you...as far as i can remember the back of the new times doh have a set of personal ads?

Ah won't  let out meh secrets boi,but look at it this way it's where ah does find meh leads. ;D

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 12:19:27 PM »

either dat or saga checking on dem budget herpes test they is have there.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 01:26:09 PM »
wha de a$$ is dis boy?  :rotfl: :rotfl:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 01:38:47 PM »
I eh tink Brazil takin part in dat

http://www.thestar.com/article/246211

Brazilian soccer in turmoil over gay slur

Aug 14, 2007 03:42 PM
Tales Azzoni
Associated Press

SAO PAULO – The director of a prominent soccer club insinuates on national television that a player on a rival team is gay. The player sues for slander and goes on TV to deny being homosexual. A judge causes an uproar by saying gays don't belong in Brazilian soccer.

With a narrative like a Latin American telenovela, a controversy over the questioned sexual orientation of Sao Paulo midfielder Richarlyson has shaken one of Brazil's most hallowed institutions – soccer – with insults, blanket accusations of homophobia and unsolicited defences for supposedly closeted gay teammates.

It all started in June when Palmeiras club director Jose Cyrillo Junior was asked on a national TV program whether it was true that a soccer player from his team was negotiating for an exclusive television interview to announce that he was homosexual.

Cyrillo denied the report, but added "Richarlyson 'almost' played for Palmeiras," suggesting the 24-year-old ninth-year pro was gay.

Cyrillo later apologized, but Richarlyson – whose father played professionally and whose brother played for Sporting in Portugal and is now with Brazil's Cruzeiro – filed a criminal complaint for slander, saying he was wrongly accused of being gay.

Judge Manoel Maximiano Junqueira Filho stoked the dispute by dismissing Richarlyson's claim and issuing a ruling that suggested he leave the game if he was homosexual. If he wasn't, the judge said, Richarlyson was obliged to defend himself on the same TV program where he was accused.

"Not that a homosexual can't play soccer," Filho wrote. "He can, but he must form his own team and federation, setting up matches with those who want to play against him."

The judge concluded that it is not "reasonable to accept homosexuals in Brazilian soccer because it would hurt the uniformity present" in team sport. Soccer, the judge said, is a "virile game" but "not homosexual," and allowing gays could lead to affirmative action for the sport requiring quotas of gays.

The ruling prompted the government body that oversees judicial ethics in Brazil to demand an explanation from the judge, who has until Friday to respond.

The judge, who did not respond to repeated requests for interviews, abruptly voided his initial ruling last week, saying a different court has jurisdiction. Then he took a leave of absence beginning Monday with no date for a return.

Gay rights groups were outraged, but said the controversy has forced the issue of homosexuals out in the open in Brazil, a country where gays are generally tolerated but usually not in soccer and are often ridiculed.

"It was a fascist statement and (the judge) needs to pay for it," said Marcelo Cerqueira, president of the Grupo Gay da Bahia.

He said there are several gays in Brazil's pro league, but they fear disclosing their sexual orientation over losing their jobs.

"This case is important to uncover the issue about gays in soccer, to create debate," Cerqueira said.

There have been no public declarations of homosexuality by Brazilian league players. Some well-known players have posed nude in gay magazines, but none acknowledged being homosexual. Among them were World Cup veteran Vampeta, former Sao Paulo goalkeeper Roger and, most recently, Vitoria goalkeeper Rafael Cordova.

Cordova said there are gays in the Brazilian league, and that he sympathizes with their situation.

But after the announcement that he will appear naked in Brazil's ``G Magazine" in an upcoming edition, many fans vilified him even though he says he is heterosexual.

"The fans want me fired," Cordova told Veja newsmagazine last week. "We lost three matches in a row and who do you think they are putting the blame on?"

Filho's pronouncement even surprised some accustomed to the he-man nature of the sport.

"Soccer is a macho sport anywhere in the world, but we know there are homosexual players, just like there are homosexuals in other professions," columnist and TV commentator Antero Greco said. ``But sexual orientation should never be a problem as long as the person is competent at what he or she does."

Richarlyson, who has played for four different Brazilian clubs and with Red Bull Salzburg in Austria, declined for months to address the issue of whether he was gay, but finally went on Brazil's most popular weekly news and entertainment program to say that he is heterosexual.

"If I was (homosexual), I wouldn't have any problems admitting it," he said on the Fantastico TV program Sunday night.

Richarlyson Barbosa Felisbino was signed by Sao Paulo in 2005 after failed negotiations with Palmeiras.

The player's lawyer said he believes the public began doubting Richarlyson's sexual orientation after he celebrated a goal against Palmeiras by dancing on the sidelines. Palmeiras fans have constantly jeered him since.

Richarlyson said he doesn't mind the fans' behaviour, but he still isn't willing to accept the insults from a judge.

"This is a disrespect not only to me, it's a disrespect to Brazil," Richarlyson said Sunday. "All that matters is if the player can do his job on the field."
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 01:51:44 PM »

http://www.thestar.com/article/246211

Brazilian soccer in turmoil over gay slur

Aug 14, 2007 03:42 PM
Tales Azzoni
Associated Press

SAO PAULO – The director of a prominent soccer club insinuates on national television that a player on a rival team is gay. The player sues for slander and goes on TV to deny being homosexual. A judge causes an uproar by saying gays don't belong in Brazilian soccer.

With a narrative like a Latin American telenovela, a controversy over the questioned sexual orientation of Sao Paulo midfielder Richarlyson has shaken one of Brazil's most hallowed institutions – soccer – with insults, blanket accusations of homophobia and unsolicited defences for supposedly closeted gay teammates.

It all started in June when Palmeiras club director Jose Cyrillo Junior was asked on a national TV program whether it was true that a soccer player from his team was negotiating for an exclusive television interview to announce that he was homosexual.

Cyrillo denied the report, but added "Richarlyson 'almost' played for Palmeiras," suggesting the 24-year-old ninth-year pro was gay.

Cyrillo later apologized, but Richarlyson – whose father played professionally and whose brother played for Sporting in Portugal and is now with Brazil's Cruzeiro – filed a criminal complaint for slander, saying he was wrongly accused of being gay.

Judge Manoel Maximiano Junqueira Filho stoked the dispute by dismissing Richarlyson's claim and issuing a ruling that suggested he leave the game if he was homosexual. If he wasn't, the judge said, Richarlyson was obliged to defend himself on the same TV program where he was accused.

"Not that a homosexual can't play soccer," Filho wrote. "He can, but he must form his own team and federation, setting up matches with those who want to play against him."

The judge concluded that it is not "reasonable to accept homosexuals in Brazilian soccer because it would hurt the uniformity present" in team sport. Soccer, the judge said, is a "virile game" but "not homosexual," and allowing gays could lead to affirmative action for the sport requiring quotas of gays.

The ruling prompted the government body that oversees judicial ethics in Brazil to demand an explanation from the judge, who has until Friday to respond.

The judge, who did not respond to repeated requests for interviews, abruptly voided his initial ruling last week, saying a different court has jurisdiction. Then he took a leave of absence beginning Monday with no date for a return.

Gay rights groups were outraged, but said the controversy has forced the issue of homosexuals out in the open in Brazil, a country where gays are generally tolerated but usually not in soccer and are often ridiculed.

"It was a fascist statement and (the judge) needs to pay for it," said Marcelo Cerqueira, president of the Grupo Gay da Bahia.

He said there are several gays in Brazil's pro league, but they fear disclosing their sexual orientation over losing their jobs.

"This case is important to uncover the issue about gays in soccer, to create debate," Cerqueira said.

There have been no public declarations of homosexuality by Brazilian league players. Some well-known players have posed nude in gay magazines, but none acknowledged being homosexual. Among them were World Cup veteran Vampeta, former Sao Paulo goalkeeper Roger and, most recently, Vitoria goalkeeper Rafael Cordova.

Cordova said there are gays in the Brazilian league, and that he sympathizes with their situation.

But after the announcement that he will appear naked in Brazil's ``G Magazine" in an upcoming edition, many fans vilified him even though he says he is heterosexual.

"The fans want me fired," Cordova told Veja newsmagazine last week. "We lost three matches in a row and who do you think they are putting the blame on?"

Filho's pronouncement even surprised some accustomed to the he-man nature of the sport.

"Soccer is a macho sport anywhere in the world, but we know there are homosexual players, just like there are homosexuals in other professions," columnist and TV commentator Antero Greco said. ``But sexual orientation should never be a problem as long as the person is competent at what he or she does."

Richarlyson, who has played for four different Brazilian clubs and with Red Bull Salzburg in Austria, declined for months to address the issue of whether he was gay, but finally went on Brazil's most popular weekly news and entertainment program to say that he is heterosexual.

"If I was (homosexual), I wouldn't have any problems admitting it," he said on the Fantastico TV program Sunday night.

Richarlyson Barbosa Felisbino was signed by Sao Paulo in 2005 after failed negotiations with Palmeiras.

The player's lawyer said he believes the public began doubting Richarlyson's sexual orientation after he celebrated a goal against Palmeiras by dancing on the sidelines. Palmeiras fans have constantly jeered him since.

Richarlyson said he doesn't mind the fans' behaviour, but he still isn't willing to accept the insults from a judge.

"This is a disrespect not only to me, it's a disrespect to Brazil," Richarlyson said Sunday. "All that matters is if the player can do his job on the field."

and we boy Filho right smack in de miggle of dis. Filho why yuh so stay out ah dat nah man ... :devil:

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 01:58:10 PM »

actually, the judge seem to be saying precisely that Brasilian gays should take part in it.

Filho, yuh move like a real bacchanalist there.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:07:57 PM by daryn »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 02:15:52 PM »
I wonder if Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell will get call-ups?   :devil:

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 02:40:09 PM »

[/b]

look d Richarylson fella here wit d celebration in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkklLVVom7o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: oh gorm ah go deaaaaaaad!!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 02:55:29 PM »
Yeah boy  :D..dat dance lookin lil rupaul-ish

men done lock it on you tube oui......dis internet business is terror
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 03:04:42 PM »

Saga boi, ah see we have something in common boss, de New Times is meh paper also. On ah Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning, de first New Times stand ah see ah have tuh stop and get one. Ah wonder if we does be looking fuh de same thing  :-\. Dat one yuh get de article from, dat have tuh be last week or before, cuz de Times does come out late every Wednesday evening. Oh lawd, ah hear rumours about Ashely, but dat big strong Campell in dat thing 2 ? Ah hope is ah joke or rumours, cuz dat one shock meh boi  :o :o :o. As meh granny in T&T will say, Saga mouth open and every body tory go be jumping out ;D HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:13:11 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 03:07:14 PM »

Oh lawd, ah hear rumours about Ashely, but dat big strong Campell in dat thing 2 ? Ah hope is ah joke or rumours, cuz dat one shock meh boi  :o :o :o. As meh granny in T&T will say, Saga mouth open and every body tory go be jumping out ;D HIGHLY BLESSED.

Yeah supa,it start,we love we bacahnal. 

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 03:15:02 PM »
Damn Saga, ah was doing ah lil modification on de post yuh grab it ah ready and reply. Yuh not easy nah  ;D. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 06:32:13 AM »

dread doh tief my head!! Ashley cole is a battyfish?????? Ah did already know about Sol but Cole?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 06:41:49 AM »

dread doh tief my head!! Ashley cole is a battyfish?????? Ah did already know about Sol but Cole?

well de rumors was swirling, and he have dat kinda finish anyhow..

what yuh think all dem inflatable cellphones was about in de Arsenal v Chelsea fixture last season? look de article here..

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article736820.ece

and photo evidence with de known battyguy... they had blur it out for de papers but u know the beauty of the internet...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 06:55:39 AM »

[/b]

look d Richarylson fella here wit d celebration in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkklLVVom7o

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: oh gorm ah go deaaaaaaad!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear dat stroke....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>