April 18, 2024, 01:43:42 AM

Author Topic: Licks passing in schools?  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
Licks passing in schools?
« on: August 20, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »
I have a question. In Trinidad do they still beat children in schools for not passing or failing and exam? Is it still ok to beat children? I was talking to someone today and I told them I uses to geh beat when I was in primary school, if I had the wrong answer and thing. They look at me and start laughing hard.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Licks passing in schools?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:42:27 PM »
Nah, dat licks ting done

You use to get licks for failing exam too??...which school you went? Saddam Boys R.C.?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Queen Macoomeh

• Hero Warrior
  • come closer dahlin...
    • View Profile
    • See Nen Nen News
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 02:43:39 PM »
I have a question. In Trinidad do they still beat children in schools for not passing or failing and exam? Is it still ok to beat children? I was talking to someone today and I told them I uses to geh beat when I was in primary school, if I had the wrong answer and thing. They look at me and start laughing hard.

yes it still have licks in school but is de studients beating de teachers now papa...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:01:40 PM »
Saddam Boys R.C.?
nah man
you ent have to go day
is regular holy ghost RC dat did dat too
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 06:52:47 PM »

I eh know if it stopped, up until 1999 in high school in Trinidad I was getting licks, and ppl were telling me they getting later on too, but I think it depends on the school because mine was run by a buck-teeth backside and it was an all boys school. Good ol' colonial education eh.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Lynx

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 10:11:13 PM »
Yea when i went to school real licks use to pass for real shit i remember in primary school for a test for every 2 u get wrong is licks and in my next school if u get under 50% you would get licks for every question under 50% lol it was madness but i think that beating thing done now but these days some of them children still need some good cut ass not abuse but to straighten them up some of them too bad. Gova whip in they ass

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 09:26:09 PM »
Nah, dat licks ting done

You use to get licks for failing exam too??...which school you went? Saddam Boys R.C.?

:rotfl: Nah! I went to ah school called Santa Cruz Primary and I used to geh beat bad. When the teacher beating yuh some of them would pull yuh pants tight...tight…tight  it use to be dusts coming out of yuh pants dread. You could’nt even sit down after yuh geh beat.  If that wasn’t child abuse well I don’t know what it is. lol

A Dutty, they say you was in 1st primary you know. ;D Yuh ent pass common entrance and they put yuh tha class to do gardening in thee hot sun. :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

1]; } ?>