March 28, 2024, 04:01:51 AM

Author Topic: EA FIFA 08  (Read 18183 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
EA FIFA 08
« on: August 20, 2007, 06:03:58 PM »
TAKE FROM EAFIFA 08.COM

Key Features

Manual Controls — Dictate the play with new manual controls for through-passing
and crossing. Control the goalkeeper in one-on-one situations to deny the striker
yourself. Use the right-stick to quickly switch to the exact player you want to
control when defending.

Be A Pro: Co-op Season — Take on the role of a professional footballer,
create your own player and test yourself in one position for an entire season.
Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player.
Co-operate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team, but
compete with those same friends on individual challenges. All performances are
tracked through detailed statistics to determine who really is a pro.

Custom Formations — Design your own unique strategy to create the perfect
formation and tactics. Set each player's exact position in the formation, and assign
specific attacking and defensive runs to unlock the opposition.

Enhanced AI — New defensive and positioning logic requires greater tactical
expertise to break down the opposition New AI ensures players are in the right place
at the right time. Player and team traits differentiate the stars.

Manager Mode Improvements – New features include pre-season friendlies
to test your team before a campaign, new training options to hone your squad of
players and dynamic board expectations that change depending on your successes
… or failures.

Online Football Clubs (PlayStation®2) — Form your own group of like-minded
football fans to take on all challengers online and create a Football Club. Gain status
among the online community by helping your Football Club climb the rankings. Win
more points based on the importance of the match, like playing Interactive Leagues
or challenging other Football Clubs to a grudge-match tournament.

Share Replays (PC) – Now you can save and show-off your best games
or just the highlights! It is easy to capture a game or key moments and export
as a video file to share with your friends and foes. Brag about match-winning
plays and goals or even capture the entire ninety minutes to relive your favorite
games.

Complete Authenticity – Featuring 30 leagues, 30 real stadiums and 14,000
players all accurately recreated.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: EA FIFA 08
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »
after playing it from 98-07, i done with FIFA.

i discover winning eleven/pro evolution soccer 4 years ago. that is the only football game 4 me now. i hardly even play fifa 07 since i get it last yr. unless EA do something to make that game play better, RIP FIFA.

bling eh everything.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:14:14 PM »
You know what’s funny every time I post about FIFA I get the same response I discover winning 11 I don’t like FIFA and will never play it again ok big deal you don’t like there’s other people that love it and can’t weigh for to come out we call you guys fan boys because some reason you see it fit to comment on something so silly   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »
Fifa is d best in my opinion, i hear 08 makin a big make over just hav to wait and see
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
Winning 11 all the way for me.  No comparison.  For managerial skills, Football Manager.

Enjoy allyuh FIFA though

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »
i was a fifa die hard. but now i into winning eleven. i didnt realize it at first but now i do. winning eleven is more realistic when it comes to gameplay.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44:51 PM »

Bally I think you might have to change the subject of this to 'EA FIFA 08-No Comments About Winning 11 or Pro Evo Please !!'
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 09:22:10 PM »
we all entitled to our own opinion..and i support the one earlier that fifa is filth...stopped playin it since 05....
it might have better graphics...but graphics doesnt make a game at all...

there will always be ppls who like it....
is like
prefering nba JAM over nba live and those more realisitic basketball games; simply because ppls might want to jus dunk on men heads and not have to worry bout systems and defending....
FIFA is like NBA JAM....simple

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:22 PM »
but a question to Bally and those who are die hard fifa fans....

all ya ever play winning eleven fully?
take in all teh features and modes and stuff fifa doesnt have???

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »
You know what’s funny every time I post about FIFA I get the same response I discover winning 11 I don’t like FIFA and will never play it again ok big deal you don’t like there’s other people that love it and can’t weigh for to come out we call you guys fan boys because some reason you see it fit to comment on something so silly   

Bally, ah hope yuh wearin White because Fifa done get bury. Winning Eleven eatin allyuh food....

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 10:30:36 PM »
when Winning Eleven ACTUALLY get the names of the Soca Warriors CORRECT then ONLY then would I try that game but im sticking to FIFA and UEFA Champions League

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:30 PM »
when Winning Eleven ACTUALLY get the names of the Soca Warriors CORRECT then ONLY then would I try that game but im sticking to FIFA and UEFA Champions League

yuh mean Latapie and Yokub dont work for yuh??? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 10:40:18 PM »

yuh mean Latapie and Yokub dont work for yuh??? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Boy when I see those names I was cussing like a damn sailor, I actually put the Computer to play each other Soca Warriors v England and we held them to a 0-0 score until a PK shoot-out where we loss.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 10:59:12 PM »

As reaper say it does kill meh to see man name miss spell, d layout of fifa better and dey hav d rights. plus i hear 08 different. i hav pro evo, uefa champions league, and 07, but pro evo does jus look wierd lol, d game play ok, but i see dem men pants all up pass dey navel like wtf lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 11:06:23 PM »
i'll only buy it if it have T&T in it

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 07:13:30 AM »

just expressing mih opinion man. me eh looking to start no debate.

anyhow, i read the nextgen version of 08 developed by a separate team from the PS2 version. cyah say which go be better. if the reviews on the street good, i might pick it up again when i get a nextgen console.

details - www.soccergaming.com

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 07:38:16 AM »
slightly off topic.....but fuh meh Football Manager boys like Jahyouth, FM08 coming out around mid Oct - early Nov. Already have some nice screenshots on the Sports interactive website. The latest version of the greatest glorified spreadsheet that ever existed. They really do good with the 07 version as it seriously customisable, the database have like 200+ trini's so you could manage T&T straight off now instead of messing about with the editor fuh hours as you had to in previous games, they also fix the gold cup so T&T does qualify now, unlike before when Belize and Anguilla used to qualify every tournament.

Believe this....Ah win the Premier with Forest and apply fuh T&T job after Wim get sack post ah shit WC campaign, yet Bertile get the job...man have a Continental reputation  ??? , Ah had to remind mehself it eh real as ah almost destroy meh computer ah was so vex....... love this game!  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:40:44 AM by Rodney »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 07:42:38 AM »
i download cracked versions of football manager & championship manager on mih work laptop to ease de stress.

one a dem crash mih hard drive and make mih lose years of work.

moral - doh install crack software on yuh computer.

anybody could hook a brother up with the install files & serial for a manager game for 08?

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 08:20:10 AM »
i download cracked versions of football manager & championship manager on mih work laptop to ease de stress.

anybody could hook a brother up with the install files & serial for a manager game for 08?

As you asked first.....remind me when it comes out and I'll give you a free legit copy as ah know I'm getting two copies when it comes out in the UK! I can't see why a UK copy won't work in the US/elsewhere.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 08:32:51 AM »

As you asked first.....remind me when it comes out and I'll give you a free legit copy as ah know I'm getting two copies when it comes out in the UK! I can't see why a UK copy won't work in the US/elsewhere.

thanks brother! UK software will work in the US.

let me know if you ever looking for any hip hop mp3s. i always have the latest & could hook u up.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 08:35:51 AM »

thanks brother! UK software will work in the US.

let me know if you ever looking for any hip hop mp3s. i always have the latest & could hook u up.

PM me when its out with yuh postal details and i'll send it.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 08:58:52 AM »
fifa 07 fuh 360 is the best

cyar wait fuh it to come out fuh 08

any release date yet?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »

The moral of that story should be to back up yuh shit in as many places as possible.
Not only cracked games cause a crash.
In fact my pc never crash from cracked software.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »
slightly off topic.....but fuh meh Football Manager boys like Jahyouth, FM08 coming out around mid Oct - early Nov. Already have some nice screenshots on the Sports interactive website. The latest version of the greatest glorified spreadsheet that ever existed. They really do good with the 07 version as it seriously customisable, the database have like 200+ trini's so you could manage T&T straight off now instead of messing about with the editor fuh hours as you had to in previous games, they also fix the gold cup so T&T does qualify now, unlike before when Belize and Anguilla used to qualify every tournament.

Believe this....Ah win the Premier with Forest and apply fuh T&T job after Wim get sack post ah shit WC campaign, yet Bertile get the job...man have a Continental reputation  ??? , Ah had to remind mehself it eh real as ah almost destroy meh computer ah was so vex....... love this game!  ;D

Football Manager mash up many happy homes boy.  That game addictive.  I is still sweat every now and again, but I waiting for Football Manager 2008 in October to really get into it again.

Up to now I still buying Latas and bringing him on as a sub for Arsenal!    ;D

I manage Trinidad too, but prefer to play youths like Peltier and Josimar Belgrave.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2007, 11:03:42 AM »

Football Manager mash up many happy homes boy.  That game addictive.  I is still sweat every now and again, but I waiting for Football Manager 2008 in October to really get into it again.

Up to now I still buying Latas and bringing him on as a sub for Arsenal!    ;D

I manage Trinidad too, but prefer to play youths like Peltier and Josimar Belgrave.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 07:21:17 PM »
As a big football fan, i find it very hard to play a football game, with men looking like cartoon and running like robots, and stiff stiff controls.
Im sorry, Fifa is as close to reality as it gets
I playing fifa since 97, and winning eleven is only for a casual football follower, not a die hard football fan

FIFA 08

Winning Eleven 2008

NO COMPARISON
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:28:28 PM by Warrior till death »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2007, 07:43:05 PM »
sorry, i cant help it i have to break the no pro evo/winning eleven rule for this thread...

I was lifelong fifa man from fifa 97 i think, and a die hard, always updating with every version.. I thought it could get no better, this was the best game in the world, and every year it proved me wrong and got even better...

i got right up to fifa 07 until i listened to the many critics and finally went over to the dark side and try my hand at pro evolution soccer (pes6, same as winning eleven i think)...

I must say, for gameplay this is the VERY BEST GAME out there... It make me realize how unrealistic fifa is for these reasons...

1. men can change direction unrealistically, like 180 degree turns
2. men can pass in unrealistic ways, like running in one direction and just pass the ball in the exact opposite direction which is impossible
3. glitches
4. common ways to score i.e. you shoot, keeper always parries back into play, you follow up and score (75% of goals scored like this, keeper never parries out to sideline)
5. outlet pass from defence automatically goes directly to your forward waiting at half line, without having to direct it.. unrealistic

In short anyone who plays the actual sport of football will appreciate pro evolution more than fifa because the game is more realistic despite its shortcomings in graphics and licensing

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 08:47:32 AM »
Fellas I took my time and read his thread and I think its time to switch to the dark side. I’ve been a FIFA man since 98 and can’t imagine a better football game but all this talk about winning eleven is making me curious. My only questions are:

Are the number of leagues in pro eleven as extensive as in FIFA 2007?

What are the modes like? Is there a mode for league play, manager or world cup qualifying?

Most importantly can the names of the tnt team be edited? I don’t mind taking some time to edit the names if the game allows me to. If the names cannot be edited I will have a hard time playing it because it would take away from the realism.

What about the skill level of players in this game, are the skill levels accurate enough?

Wat allyer tink, time to make the switch?   :-\

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 09:02:31 AM »
Fellas I took my time and read his thread and I think its time to switch to the dark side. I've been a FIFA man since 98 and can't imagine a better football game but all this talk about winning eleven is making me curious. My only questions are:

Are the number of leagues in pro eleven as extensive as in FIFA 2007?

What are the modes like? Is there a mode for league play, manager or world cup qualifying?

Most importantly can the names of the tnt team be edited? I don't mind taking some time to edit the names if the game allows me to. If the names cannot be edited I will have a hard time playing it because it would take away from the realism.

What about the skill level of players in this game, are the skill levels accurate enough?

Wat allyer tink, time to make the switch?   :-\

Dont cross over to d dark side please lol wait till 08 come out den compare. unless u want to play with yorb(york) lol.
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »
Most importantly can the names of the tnt team be edited? I don’t mind taking some time to edit the names if the game allows me to. If the names cannot be edited I will have a hard time playing it because it would take away from the realism.
You can edit names, face, hairstyles, height, everything. There are patches available that can edit most of the names. And lists online you can use to manually edit the rest.

1]; } ?>