March 28, 2024, 06:33:48 AM

Author Topic: Heinze loses bid to join Liverpool  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Heinze loses bid to join Liverpool
« on: August 21, 2007, 07:41:08 AM »
Now rot in the reserves...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=455355&cc=5739

Gabriel Heinze has lost his bid to force Manchester United to sell him to Liverpool.

The Argentina defender had gone to a Premier League panel claiming United had written a letter allowing him to leave if another club offered a fee of £6.8million.
The panel today dismissed Heinze's case and backed United, who maintained they made it clear to the 29-year-old both orally and in writing that he would not be permitted to join one of their title rivals.
It now appears that if Heinze is intent on leaving the club he will have to move abroad.
The Premier League said in a statement: 'The hearing concluded that nature and intention of the disputed 13 June 2007 letter, especially when taken in context of verbal discussions and Manchester United FC's transfer policy, was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer.

'Furthermore the hearing finds the letter constitutes an 'agreement to agree', and did not create an obligation or binding agreement for the club to transfer the player to any particular club.
'In other words the letter is evidence of an intention to negotiate, both between the parties and with potential buying clubs, and not evidence of any intention to create legal relations.'
Heinze does have the right to appeal to the Premier League appeals committee, which is made up of an independent, legally-qualified chairman, a member of the Premier League panel and a PFA appointee.
The decision has delighted United, who were represented by both manager Sir Alex Ferguson and chief executive David Gill at the hearing in London.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Heinze loses bid to join Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:01:43 AM »
trust me they will play him once evra or silvestre get injured

Fergie is not a fool

The only reason they did not sell him is because they do no want to strengthen Liverpool.

If he wanted to go to a non contender for less money they would have sold him.

the learing the chelsea tactic

best way to win is to weaken your opponents.

Obi Mickel-est

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:51:38 AM »
I've got to say Ferguson always seemed absolutely confident over this issue and always very 'matter of fact' when answering questions about it. United obiviously did their homework, unlike Heinze's agent. I agree with KND2 that  Ferguson will play Heinze if necessary as he seems to have great respect for the player, in most interviews he has never critisised Heinze, only the guys agent....I remember in one Sky sports interview he basically said he thought Heinze agent was filling the guys head with a lot of non-sense to force the player to ask for a move. It seems fairly obivious now that Ferguson was right with most aspects of this dispute. Wether he wants to leave or not, hopefully from this Heinze will learn that you should'nt blindly trust anyone.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
up urs liverpool  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 10:59:14 AM »
Heinze where u think u was going bitch, stueps get yo ass back hear  :devil:  :rotfl:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »
Is just fear.  when last yuh see ah player from Man U wanting to come to 'Pool.  Men know we are a force to be reckoned with. ;D  Benitez wanted Heinze bad too.  Now what?  Ah think we going and make one last dip in the transfer market, or maybe hope tht Aurelio manages to shrug off his injury jinx and play a full season.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 12:59:32 PM »
it good for him, some ah these players  put way to much trust in what they agents full in they head. now he'll be on de reserve team till fergie needs him or he's off to europe by next week if we could get a good trade for him. Juve wanted him, maybe they might switch him for chillini (sp)
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 01:06:01 PM »
this remind a time the australia 1st 11 cricket team was playing the 2nd 11. you know the 1st team men feel they smart, they pick a fast bowler and had him as there 12th man so they wont have to face him.

well fergie couldnt have achieved what he did it football if he  wasnt shrewd
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 01:08:21 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

Funny page!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 02:28:12 PM »
Sorry... I not going for this "agent filling his head..." Heinze is a big man and has been around the block. He knows the history between the clubs and he knows that Fergie was not going to allow this to happen. He knows the slap in the face of appointing a Liverpool lawyer of all things. Heinze is a kinda cantankerous fella anyway... he didn't start off on the best note with Fergie after returning late from the Olympics (I think) and not returning his  calls... Anyway, I hope it works out well for all concerned; we sell him to someone like Juve where he could stay play some high-level ball..
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>