April 19, 2024, 11:50:25 AM

Author Topic: Confident in Kenwyne  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Confident in Kenwyne
« on: August 18, 2007, 07:35:56 AM »
Confident in Kenwyne
saintsfc.co.uk

George Burley will have no worries about throwing Kenwyne Jones into today's game at Norwich despite the recent transfer speculation.
Jones has reportedly attracted bids from Derby and Sunderland but Burley has made it clear he wants to keep the striker and that the club do not need to sell.

The Trinidad and Tobago international has now shaken off the hamstring injury which ruled him out of the opening two games.
The only question mark is over his match fitness after missing much of pre-season with niggling injuries.

But if Burley does decide to play him at Carrow Road, he is confident Jones will not lose his focus.
He said: "I am sure it has been hard for Kenwyne with all this speculation but I have sat down with him and had a chat.

"I told him his time will come. He is still learning and in my opinion this is the best place for him to do that.
"He has only been a professional a short time and he really improved last season and that is why there is the interest in him.

"He has to concentrate on his football and I am sure he will do that. I want to keep him and I have told him that.
"He is now fully fit after his hamstring problem and he is looking very sharp. It is great to add him to today's squad and now he has to focus on that."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confident in Kenwyne
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 08:49:55 AM »

Southampton take the lead against Norwich via a Kenwyne Jones goal.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 08:55:40 AM »
Ah like how de manager sounding.........these were my semtiments exactly!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:00:41 AM »
fuss he score.... well done KJ

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Allyuh check out we boy Kenwyne posing in new Southampton Kit
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 08:09:23 PM »
http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/

Picture of our boy donning the new Southampton Kit

Quote taken from George Burley after the 2-1 loss to Norwich!!!

" I was very pleased with some indicidual performances and I thought we deserved to win. Kenwyne got a good goal. He is an exceptional player and that is why it is important to keep him."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Allyuh check out we boy Kenwyne posing in new Southampton Kit
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
George Burley let my boi go. HehJack dat is one of d over d hill players u talkin bout?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>