April 28, 2024, 04:18:42 AM

Author Topic: Carlos injury frustration  (Read 955 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carlos injury frustration
« on: August 22, 2007, 06:36:52 AM »
Carlos injury frustration
By Nick Alexander (safc.com)

Winger Carlos Edwards is frustrated with his latest injury set-back, which will keep him out for a month.

Edwards, a key component in Sunderland's side, hurt his hamstring in the Black Cats' draw at Birmingham a week ago.

The 28-year-old, who had an injury-hit pre-season, will miss Sunderland's Premier League games against Liverpool and Manchester United as well as their Carling Cup date with Luton, his former club.

He told safc.com: "It's frustrating, I've not had the best run of luck with injuries. There is no getting away from the disappointment but at the same time I'm keeping positive."

Black Cats boss Roy Keane shouldered the blame for Edwards' injury, admitting that he should have taken off the winger before the injury struck at St Andrew's.

But Edwards disagrees: "You can't blae anyone. He could have taken me off and then it could have happened on Saturday, you just can't tell.

"I felt OK and then I crossed the ball just before it happened. I was unbalanced, I planted my foot down awkwardly and I think it put too much strain on it, it just went.

"Injuries do happen and it's how you react. I will stay positive and work hard to get back, and I will give the lads 100 per cent support.

"It's a blow to miss games against Liverpool and Manchester United but I will not let it discourage me, I'll just get on with it."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>